FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > When you just know...

When you just know...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

...he's not into you enough to actually meet.

That little bit of silence. Recently I've been quite brave and asked if there's still an interest. I figured I loose absolutely nothing in asking. It's either yes or no if I'm luckily enough not to receive the silent treatment.

So this thread is about just being oneself and feeling free to just ask.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I did that they just wanna be friends but now it been said lol

Yep... sometimes they're really just not that into you!

If I've been seeing someone a while I might message them to ask if they are still interested, if they go quiet for a lot longer than usual. I can't have peoples' numbers on my phone who I'm not going to meet again.

Sometimes I just delete them.

"If I've been seeing someone a while I might message them to ask if they are still interested, if they go quiet for a lot longer than usual. I can't have peoples' numbers on my phone who I'm not going to meet again.

Sometimes I just delete them."

I've done that too! I dislike having those numbers hanging about on my phone. I've recently bought a cheap phone and use that for fab calls. In that way I don't have to micro manage the phone as much. Love it though when someone contacts me after a blue moon with no name attached to the text.....

"...he's not into you enough to actually meet.

That little bit of silence. Recently I've been quite brave and asked if there's still an interest. I figured I loose absolutely nothing in asking. It's either yes or no if I'm luckily enough not to receive the silent treatment.

So this thread is about just being oneself and feeling free to just ask. "

Straight to the point, no harm in that

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Clear the phone clutter to speed it up - make them do the hard work of reintroducing themselves and declaring their interests

"Clear the phone clutter to speed it up - make them do the hard work of reintroducing themselves and declaring their interests "

Absolutely! Why would I remember. Remember what. It's all about "shit I fucked up & I want to spend a little time with you to get to know you"....said no one ever lol

I just ask. Can't be arsed to play games. They either sort it or don't.

But also sometimes people are genuinely busy. It's difficult trying to suss if someone is letting you down gently or being mad busy.

It happens a lot here as people's heads get turned by someone new that things just get left behind.

I have a few I still chat with regularly but with some we've just drifted apart. It's best to know though if you have the chance.

It's hard to decide how long to wait, I know I've gone five days without replying in a msg conversation and it's just that I've been crazy busy or exhausted! So I try to give them time, if they don't get back then, pffft, their loss I'm sure there'll be a time when someone I feel I've clicked with does this...and it will hurt...

Peach x

I hear ya

"It's hard to decide how long to wait, I know I've gone five days without replying in a msg conversation and it's just that I've been crazy busy or exhausted! So I try to give them time, if they don't get back then, pffft, their loss I'm sure there'll be a time when someone I feel I've clicked with does this...and it will hurt...

Peach x"

Most people will realise this as we all have a life away from the site. If they don't understand then you know that you've probably avoided some stress in the future

[Removed by poster at 04/09/17 17:41:11]

"But also sometimes people are genuinely busy. It's difficult trying to suss if someone is letting you down gently or being mad busy. "

I know life/work can be manic busy. How they convey that is another story.

Eh, if I get the feeling someone isn't interested I don't bother asking. I just leave it alone and don't message as often. If they're too busy, then that's fine, they can message me when they want. If they just aren't interested then it can silently fade away. No worries.

By *yldstyleWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

I'm in this situation at the moment. Its not a fab acquaintance though. Little things that make it clear you're just not that important to them.

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

It's me not you

By *aelawMan  over a year ago

Paisley

You can always tell, when your are asking questions and there is no questions back or no glow to the convo. I usually just skulk await at the risk of seeming a pain in the ass.

"I'm in this situation at the moment. Its not a fab acquaintance though. Little things that make it clear you're just not that important to them. "

As am I..., just need to be done with it and let them go! Not worth wasting good energy on. Plenty if other fish in the sea as the say.

» Add a new message to this topic