FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Is it hard to fall in love?

Is it hard to fall in love?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Are you making it harder to recognise what love is because your on Fab?

Or Is it easier to fall for someone when you have great sex with them?

*i know, the L word at this time of the morning eh?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's hard sometimes when you're having regular hot sex, sharing cuddles, secrets and affection, to understand that the other person has no feelings for you and its just sex to them.

It's easy to fall in love.

XXX

By *aelawMan  over a year ago

Paisley

"Are you making it harder to recognise what love is because your on Fab?

"

Wow quite the question. My relationship dynamic are evolving all the time. Being Poly certainly makes Bi-Sexuality easier to balance. When it comes to love it has to be with someone who is either also Poly or a Swinger. The sex side of things is also important to be especially when it comes to kink. That restricts me a little but I'll find it where i find it.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"

No, but, Have you...

ever fallen in love with someone, ever fallen in love, in love with someone, ever fallen in love, in love with someone you shouldn't've fallen in love with?

Cal

By *eal Deal PartiesWoman  over a year ago

x

"It's hard sometimes when you're having regular hot sex, sharing cuddles, secrets and affection, to understand that the other person has no feelings for you and its just sex to them.

It's easy to fall in love.

XXX"

This 100%

By *aelawMan  over a year ago

Paisley

No, but, Have you...

ever fallen in love with someone, ever fallen in love, in love with someone, ever fallen in love, in love with someone you shouldn't've fallen in love with?

Cal

"

Thanks for making me spit out my cornflakes *chuckles*

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I'd like to think that when we fall in love with someone it's because you have a connection with each other that goes beyond sex.

Swinging should be a supplement for a healthy sexual relationship.not a substitute for a poor one.

If your looking for love then this is probably not the best place.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

No, but, Have you...

Cal

"

Cal that's so poetic and philosophical thanks sob.......

King's Crustacean

"

I don't see the connection between swinging and 'love destruction'...... Love is a bond far greater than sex. Sex is just that and any relationship based purely on sex won't last.

I think it's easier to have casual sex these days. I see less people wanting to form committed relationships in order to secure sex for themselves. I see less women wailing 'how could he leave me I let him have me , i'm ruined' ..... ( good old days ) I see more single parent families cos there is no longer dishonour in fucking, fathering and running. I see men still talking about women who openly enjoy sex as sluts and whores who should be 'split wide open, have their back doors smashed in' but they wouldn't want to marry one.

BUT ....... people weren't in love years ago when they stuck together either.....

So no. It's no harder to fall in love if you're on fab. Sex and love are distinct and different.

I don't see the connection between swinging and 'love destruction'...... Love is a bond far greater than sex. Sex is just that and any relationship based purely on sex won't last.

I think it's easier to have casual sex these days. I see less people wanting to form committed relationships in order to secure sex for themselves. I see less women wailing 'how could he leave me I let him have me , i'm ruined' ..... ( good old days ) I see more single parent families cos there is no longer dishonour in fucking, fathering and running. I see men still talking about women who openly enjoy sex as sluts and whores who should be 'split wide open, have their back doors smashed in' but they wouldn't want to marry one.

BUT ....... people weren't in love years ago when they stuck together either.....

So no. It's no harder to fall in love if you're on fab. Sex and love are distinct and different."

this. Love will find you if you connect with someone.

"I'd like to think that when we fall in love with someone it's because you have a connection with each other that goes beyond sex.

Swinging should be a supplement for a healthy sexual relationship.not a substitute for a poor one.

If your looking for love then this is probably not the best place."

I do like couples points of views, esp when love is mentioned.

But to clarify, I'm NOT looking for love. . I barely 'like' my goldfish.

I think love can happen anywhere any time... just because your on fab doesn't mean it won't happen......

It's the person themselves that prevent love not the situation around them. Some people are shut off to it.... me included

By *oiretblancCouple  over a year ago

London

"I'd like to think that when we fall in love with someone it's because you have a connection with each other that goes beyond sex.

Such a good appraisal of the whole swinging thing...from a couple who are clearly in love.

Loving couples are always the best to play with, because the interaction between us all is so much more intense and emotional

Since we started swinging (10 months ago) my partner and I are much more in love and that is because of the new feelings and sensations that we have shared.

He loves watching other guys fuck me and always kisses me as I am about to cum!

It ain't Romeo and Juliet...it is much more powerful.

By *ink Panther.Woman  over a year ago

Preston

But to clarify, I'm NOT looking for love. . I barely 'like' my goldfish. "

I didn't know you have a goldfish, I can't love someone who has a goldfish . Coffee and hugs is ok but definitely no sex either

King's Crustacean

But to clarify, I'm NOT looking for love. . I barely 'like' my goldfish. "

Uhmmmm I have been a couple many times in my life. I was a couple for thirty years. Ive been a couple for the post seven years.

Can I please have an opinion now.

I'm a skeptic of love

Uhmmmm I have been a couple many times in my life. I was a couple for thirty years. Ive been a couple for the post seven years.

Can I please have an opinion now."

Yes, I thought you had.

Fab has put me off 'love'. I'm happy on my own. People lie to get what they want. I don't need that shit.

"Fab has put me off 'love'. I'm happy on my own. People lie to get what they want. I don't need that shit. "

That's the extreme of what my first question is, is it not?

King's Crustacean

Yes, I thought you had. "

I know this might be a bit personal so forgive me for asking but ...... you say you hardly like your goldfish;does she know this ? or are you leading her on ?

"Fab has put me off 'love'. I'm happy on my own. People lie to get what they want. I don't need that shit.

That's the extreme of what my first question is, is it not? "

I don't know. Yeah maybe. Do I win anything?

I'm still an old romantic, I just know I don't want it.

"Fab has put me off 'love'. I'm happy on my own. People lie to get what they want. I don't need that shit.

That's the extreme of what my first question is, is it not?

I don't know. Yeah maybe. Do I win anything?

I'm still an old romantic, I just know I don't want it. "

Everyone has their own motives and it's difficult to tell without an example

I don't think I've ever had sex with someone who I couldn't develop feelings or some sort of connection. Apart from the few usually d*unken one nighters that are not relevant to me, I just can't have a physical relationship without the mental one.

Risky some may see that but it's just how I choose to be.

"Fab has put me off 'love'. I'm happy on my own. People lie to get what they want. I don't need that shit. "
I second this

Yes, I thought you had.

I know this might be a bit personal so forgive me for asking but ...... you say you hardly like your goldfish;does she know this ? or are you leading her on ?"

Haha. I try explaining how I feel to her, but after a few seconds, she acts like she's forgot.

"Fab has put me off 'love'. I'm happy on my own. People lie to get what they want. I don't need that shit. I second this "

Fab is an alternate reality though, people on here lie to make themselves feel better and to get sex and it's always much easier to lie behind a computer screen - I'm sure even the majority of foul people on here aren't as foul in the vanilla world.... or I may just be a hopeless romantic

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

Jack and i met on here as singles and fell for each other,we werent looking for more ,but sometimes you do have a connection.

On my old single profile,i had regular meets with a couple of people,but never developed feelings for them.

Miss

"Fab has put me off 'love'. I'm happy on my own. People lie to get what they want. I don't need that shit. I second this

Fab is an alternate reality though, people on here lie to make themselves feel better and to get sex and it's always much easier to lie behind a computer screen - I'm sure even the majority of foul people on here aren't as foul in the vanilla world.... or I may just be a hopeless romantic "

It's a good point and I like to think so because I'm a hopeless romantic too. Just for other people, not me.

(Think I may be saying I'm foul. Oh well.)

Usually men just look into my eyes and it’s a done deal, there then in love with me lol

Depends on the connection you have with the person,I tend to fall in love with a person's personality and the rest just follows if the connection is like electricity when ur near each other and the person 'gets you' .....the possibilities of love can be a very powerful thing....

I've only ever loved one person. Falling in love in general is hard for me.... Too many barriers.

Regular great sex can definitely make me feel more attached to a person, but I'm very good at compartmentalising, so I doubt it would make it easier for me to fall in love

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

It's way to easy and hurts way to much...

By *rightonCheekyMan  over a year ago

Brighton

I think love is something that just happens and you can't look for it. That's why I came off vanilla dating sites and all those "looking for love profiles" At the other end of the spectrum you can shut yourself off physically or emotionally to avoid it, on Fab or wherever. My own view is that I'll carry on in my little Fab world but remain emotionally available should the unexpected happen.

Manchester

"Usually men just look into my eyes and it’s a done deal, there then in love with me lol"

It's that smile

"It's way to easy and hurts way to much..."

And don't I know it.xxxx

Manchester

"It's way to easy and hurts way to much...

And don't I know it.xxxx "

Word

By *uzy444Woman  over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

"

i love alot of people, thats not dependent on whether they love me back. i dont believe people here are looking for love in the romantic sense, so it doesnt enter my head that they might want that. yes i feel i am suppressing that part of myself recently, but its not to be spoken about and my version of falling in love would only happen if the guy wanted me as a woman, we had chemistry, he knew it and went for it, because with those kind of balls, who could refuse him?

"I think love is something that just happens and you can't look for it. That's why I came off vanilla dating sites and all those "looking for love profiles" At the other end of the spectrum you can shut yourself off physically or emotionally to avoid it, on Fab or wherever. My own view is that I'll carry on in my little Fab world but remain emotionally available should the unexpected happen."

It can happen anywhere and when you least expect it.

I disagree. If ones heart valves are open to love and you're on here enjoying your life and something does happen...then voila! FAB is for everyone.

"I think love is something that just happens and you can't look for it. That's why I came off vanilla dating sites and all those "looking for love profiles" At the other end of the spectrum you can shut yourself off physically or emotionally to avoid it, on Fab or wherever. My own view is that I'll carry on in my little Fab world but remain emotionally available should the unexpected happen.

It can happen anywhere and when you least expect it. "

Hear here

"I think love is something that just happens and you can't look for it. That's why I came off vanilla dating sites and all those "looking for love profiles" At the other end of the spectrum you can shut yourself off physically or emotionally to avoid it, on Fab or wherever. My own view is that I'll carry on in my little Fab world but remain emotionally available should the unexpected happen."

Exactly my thoughts!

"Fab has put me off 'love'. I'm happy on my own. People lie to get what they want. I don't need that shit. I second this

Fab is an alternate reality though, people on here lie to make themselves feel better and to get sex and it's always much easier to lie behind a computer screen - I'm sure even the majority of foul people on here aren't as foul in the vanilla world.... or I may just be a hopeless romantic

It's a good point and I like to think so because I'm a hopeless romantic too. Just for other people, not me.

(Think I may be saying I'm foul. Oh well.)"

Well you have a wicked sense of humour but a big heart too I expect

Mim

By *hips n FursMan  over a year ago

Huddersfield

No, but, Have you...

Cal

"

Ex wife always loved a nice Buzzcock.

It's an evolutionary mix of hormones designed to make you stick around for the rearing of offspring. The science is freely available online but you might find it more entertaining by reading Sara Pascoe's book, "Animal." She read the research to write the book and explains it all while adding a little humour.

No, but, Have you...

Cal

Thanks for making me spit out my cornflakes *chuckles*"

FFS!! Read that about 10 times before i could remember the song!! Hahaha.

As for the question i think maybe love can get confused for other feelings.

Hard to descibe love i think..

Possibly if u would die so that person could live? Well thats love..

Ie.with my son.

By *DontExistWoman  over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

i find it easy to fall in love, there has to be something way more than sex though.

Mr N and I met and fell in love before we tried swinging. We knew on our first date that we were both bi/sex positive people and so the honesty was there from the start.

I think, for us, the swinging has made our love deeper. Knowing that I have his full, wonderful support while I investigate my sexuality means so much. The understanding and freedom is beautiful. He gets that from me in return.

There's no jealousy or ownership and he gives me all the space and support I could ever want to make my life as full and wonderful as I can. Not just where sex is concerned, career, friends, hobbies.

When he goes and plays with someone else, it doesn't take anything away from us, no more than if he went to play golf.

How could I not love him?

I can't see me ever being in love again. It didn't end well the first time and I don't spend enough time with a man now for it to happen again.

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

I don't think I want to be in love again,you have a lack of control when you are and I don't like that.

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Mr N and I met and fell in love before we tried swinging. We knew on our first date that we were both bi/sex positive people and so the honesty was there from the start.

I think, for us, the swinging has made our love deeper. Knowing that I have his full, wonderful support while I investigate my sexuality means so much. The understanding and freedom is beautiful. He gets that from me in return.

There's no jealousy or ownership and he gives me all the space and support I could ever want to make my life as full and wonderful as I can. Not just where sex is concerned, career, friends, hobbies.

When he goes and plays with someone else, it doesn't take anything away from us, no more than if he went to play golf.

How could I not love him? "

Is there seriously no jealousy ever,I don't know how I would be if I had a partner and they went off alone to meet someone,it would be interesting and scary to find out.

I give up too much free will when I'm in love.

By *axandbooCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

The synic in me "love is a cruel device invented by bank managers designed to make us all go overdrawn"

However its also understanding the difference between loving someone and being in love with someone. The line between the two can be quite blurred, the same as lusting after someone can feel similar to loving, ultimately its down to the individual to know the difference on how they perceive love and lust of that makes sense

Nope but always the wrong person

"Mr N and I met and fell in love before we tried swinging. We knew on our first date that we were both bi/sex positive people and so the honesty was there from the start.

Is there seriously no jealousy ever,I don't know how I would be if I had a partner and they went off alone to meet someone,it would be interesting and scary to find out."

We have meets together and no bad feelings. So why would there be jealousy if we meet alone?

It's hard to describe but other people we meet are nice experiences but they are not IN our relationship. They take nothing away. The sex we have with them is fun, but nowhere near as good as the sex we have with each other.

We have had a couple of meets where one or both of us felt weird but we just talked after, identified the trigger and adjusted things the next time.

Fab is not real. It's a fake environment. Toxic at times. You need to be very level headed. Then when you got what you needed out of fab walk away. Go work on yourself. And the right person will come along.

"The synic in me "love is a cruel device invented by bank managers designed to make us all go overdrawn"

However its also understanding the difference between loving someone and being in love with someone. The line between the two can be quite blurred, the same as lusting after someone can feel similar to loving, ultimately its down to the individual to know the difference on how they perceive love and lust of that makes sense "

That makes perfect sense

Fuzz

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

"Fab is not real. It's a fake environment. Toxic at times. You need to be very level headed. Then when you got what you needed out of fab walk away. Go work on yourself. And the right person will come along. "

Fab is not a toxic environment. The attitudes of certain members on fab and how the interact with others often goes beyond toxic...

But that's about the individual and how they treat their fellow man or woman.

If people treat each other with rudeness distain dismissivness

And a complete lack of humanity on fab you can pretty much expect them to do so in every aspect of their lives not just fab

It's glib a cliche and far too easy to blame negative or other character traits on a person's presence on fab.

Generally if someone acts with truth honour dignity etc to others on fab then they probably do so in the real world.

Conversely if they behave like self obsessed egotistical arrogant selfish or rude people on fab ...you can pretty much guarantee thats how they act to others away from fab...

Is there seriously no jealousy ever,I don't know how I would be if I had a partner and they went off alone to meet someone,it would be interesting and scary to find out.

We have meets together and no bad feelings. So why would there be jealousy if we meet alone?

It's hard to describe but other people we meet are nice experiences but they are not IN our relationship. They take nothing away. The sex we have with them is fun, but nowhere near as good as the sex we have with each other.

We have had a couple of meets where one or both of us felt weird but we just talked after, identified the trigger and adjusted things the next time.

Wow.your like a wise owl...

Makes sense to me but i couldnt handle my partner going away to another man whilst i was at home.

My head would be in best.

We love swinging clubs and seeing her with another man turns me on.

Good luck to you both, you seem to make it work

"

Love....I find that it spurns my natural emotions. Then they make me feel I'm dirt, I'll get hurt, but if I start a commotion, I run the risk of losing them, and that's worse

By *ensualguy101Man  over a year ago

Orpington

I don't think "love" is connected to great sex. They are two different things. You can have great sex with several people, but love is how you feel about a particular person.

"

By *eanut Butter CupWoman  over a year ago

B & M Bargains

I don't think I even know what love is. Whenever I think I'm in love it just ends up with me being taken for a mug or lied to. Unless I just have really poor taste in partners when it comes to relationships

Some people here have really made me think more. Thanks for all the replies.

I can love someone easily, sometimes it scares the other person, sometimes they're able to understand me more, and that makes a stronger relationship.

Lust and love is easy to figure out for me, funnily, time helps figure that out quickly.

I don't know if it is easy or hard to fall in love

It took me three months of dating my husband before I realised that I was madly in love with him

We decided to add sex with others to make our sex lives more naughty and interesting. Some people we met are now friends as well

I have sent my husband on dates with other women; these are not just fuck sessions but real dates where he took flowers for her and met her in a pub and talked for hours. Sometimes it led to sex; sometimes, not

I completely trust him and he completely trusts me. I think one needs that level of trust and love to be involved in this kind of thing

- Mrs. J -

By *iss SJWoman  over a year ago

Hull

"Love....I find that it spurns my natural emotions. Then they make me feel I'm dirt, I'll get hurt, but if I start a commotion, I run the risk of losing them, and that's worse "

I always fall in love with someone I shouldn't have fallen in love with. I've given up now

By *evilinsidemeMan  over a year ago

Trim

Love is when you wake up thinking about it the other person.

You want to do selfless things for each other.

Time with them is a joy and time without is short.

Love is trusting, wanting, longing for and feeling fulfilled in their company.

Love makes you happy doing things with, for and being with the other.

Love makes you listen and care.

Making love is better than just sex.

Sharing, caring, giving, receiving, wanting, being wanted, helping, supporting, and the feeling that just looking at her makes you happy.

Is it easy to do.....I have fallen in love 5 times in my life. Unfortunately other things make love hurt you as well.

when it happens it can be magical, when it hurts you it can be devastating.

It is also NOT the only thing a relationship needs, but one without it is doomed.

I love falling in love.

I fab because it's fun, but if I fall again, fab goes away and I can live with that.

I know, I know, I'm a soppy git!

By *adame BWoman  over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

Brilliant response.

Brilliant response. "

For a couple. If your single swinging is giving you a healthy sex life. It's not for a supplement. That's why I'm always interested how singles view swinging or Fab differently to couples.

It's a completely different experience surely. And love already exists in the couples relationship, so it's never a thing your looking for anyway.

By *adame BWoman  over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

Brilliant response.

For a couple. If your single swinging is giving you a healthy sex life. It's not for a supplement. That's why I'm always interested how singles view swinging or Fab differently to couples.

It's a completely different experience surely. And love already exists in the couples relationship, so it's never a thing your looking for anyway. "

Having been a single bi female swinging and part of a couple, yes it's different and meets/suits your needs at the time. I had my first MFF over 20 years ago which was fantastic I was then in 2 vanilla long term relationships where they knew that I was bi and into swinging but were not open to the idea themselves and that was fine. I have only been actively swinging again for the last few years but I love the lifestyle and have been very fortunate in my experiences overall. I wasn't actively seeking someone for a deeper connection, I was happily enjoying the lifestyle as a single female but our connection was instant, blindsided me and to be honest a tad scary at the speed and intensity but there was no denying it. To answer your question op I personally think falling in love happens with or without your consent, that's easy but what you do with that is the hard bit.

I love the openess, honesty, trust and freedom of being in a relationship and swinging as a couple. It's an ever evolving extra eroticism (what a mouthful) that enhances our pleasure in several ways.

"

Being on here doesn't help with the idea of dating. I miss the easy sex that being in a relationship brings. Knowing someone's body so well that you know exactly how to touch them, knowing how their mind works but not necessarily the more mundane parts of dating, like doing the food shop or doing the extra washing.

On here you get good sex and it becomes easy for that to fog up your emotions.

But I hate being in love. It makes you vulnerable and i hate feeling vulnerable.

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

It's never hard to fall in love...

It creeps up on you when you least expect it...

It's probably harder to fall in love with someone who loved you back...

But then the answers simple...

Follow your

Being on here doesn't help with the idea of dating. I miss the easy sex that being in a relationship brings. Knowing someone's body so well that you know exactly how to touch them, knowing how their mind works but not necessarily the more mundane parts of dating, like doing the food shop or doing the extra washing.

On here you get good sex and it becomes easy for that to fog up your emotions.

But I hate being in love. It makes you vulnerable and i hate feeling vulnerable."

Chasing someone for sex first and foremost can easily push thoughts of love to the back of the mind. Maybe that's why I joined Fab. I always said I'd hate to fall in love again, vulnerability and risk of being hurt isn't what I need in my life.

"Some people here have really made me think more. Thanks for all the replies.

I can love someone easily, sometimes it scares the other person, sometimes they're able to understand me more, and that makes a stronger relationship.

Lust and love is easy to figure out for me, funnily, time helps figure that out quickly.

"

If you're looking for a swinging partner for a love relationship I think here is a great place to look. Lots of people have met and fallen in love and many got married.

Sometimes you may get lucky elsewhere but if you wanted a partner into golf you would have better luck looking on golf sites/ groups than in a train spotting group.

» Add a new message to this topic