By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Rushden

"Discuss "

Err.. Discuss what exactly???

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Discuss "

don't see the point of them when you are have some sort of jumbo meal and then ask for a diet drink...

and they do have the advantage of not sending ya round like a loon for having too much sugar in them...(i was always bad on pepsi or ... but i can drink pepsi max or zero no problem)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I was reading thay make you fat ..... after drinking them your body can crave food and suger ... and alot have other thing in them are not good .. I have been drinking diet drinks years did make me think . Water maybe is best ..

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Aspartame is approx 180 x the strength of sugar. It is proven to be carcinoegenic and is ridiculously worsening the diabetes epidemic.

Manufacturers know of this and yet are allowed to market it in the name of improven diets/health.

I hate the taste of it to be honest - Too sweet !

Water is better, if it was without fluoride and the metals we have poisoning our houses.

I hate full fat , it has a yakky taste, thats why I have diet .

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"Aspartame is approx 180 x the strength of sugar. It is proven to be carcinoegenic and is ridiculously worsening the diabetes epidemic.

Manufacturers know of this and yet are allowed to market it in the name of improven diets/health.

I hate the taste of it to be honest - Too sweet !"

Thanks for that i shall have to let my diabetic nurse know that she should be telling me not to drink the stuff. Maybe i should swap low sugar drinks for a few cans of red bull aday

The only fizzy fruit pop i drink on occasions is a fanta orange..but i have to be really really thirsty. I hate and anything similar, it makes me ill,. tonic water ok and cranberry juice.

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

can't drink normal fizzy drinks, they taste like metal

Years ago there was a big thing about diet being carcinogenic. It had apparently been discovered during the first Gulf War when diet drinks had been shipped out there from America to the service personnel.

They found a correlation between the amount of time it sat in the heat instead of being chilled, to the carcinogenic qualities.

"Aspartame is approx 180 x the strength of sugar. It is proven to be carcinoegenic and is ridiculously worsening the diabetes epidemic.

I hate the taste of it to be honest - Too sweet !

Thanks for that i shall have to let my diabetic nurse know that she should be telling me not to drink the stuff. Maybe i should swap low sugar drinks for a few cans of red bull aday "

will have to tell mine too, since i drink loads of pepsi max

You want me to apologise or are you ridiculing my information.

The problem with our NHS is that left hand brain technology are are bought by the information that they are given by the superiors and their agenda. One that is a slow kill syndrome. If you want good advice then please ask. Don't dismiss this. Do you seriously think the Government and W.H.O. are looking after our best interests ?

"Years ago there was a big thing about diet being carcinogenic. It had apparently been discovered during the first Gulf War when diet drinks had been shipped out there from America to the service personnel.

They found a correlation between the amount of time it sat in the heat instead of being chilled, to the carcinogenic qualities. "

Its very good for cleaning toilets apparantly....says a lot about whats in it dont it.

"Years ago there was a big thing about diet being carcinogenic. It had apparently been discovered during the first Gulf War when diet drinks had been shipped out there from America to the service personnel.

They found a correlation between the amount of time it sat in the heat instead of being chilled, to the carcinogenic qualities. "

Yes Laine it is a slow kill syndrome. Western Societys finest.

China on the other hand has a one child policy.

This is how we try and deal with over population.

Get off the stuff.

"You want me to apologise or are you ridiculing my information.

The problem with our NHS is that left hand brain technology are are bought by the information that they are given by the superiors and their agenda. One that is a slow kill syndrome. If you want good advice then please ask. Don't dismiss this. Do you seriously think the Government and W.H.O. are looking after our best interests ?

"

cant see anyone ridiculing you ?

Pepsi makes a good toilet cleaner lol would never drink the stuff

They found a correlation between the amount of time it sat in the heat instead of being chilled, to the carcinogenic qualities.

Get off the stuff."

China also has a policy for killing or imprisoning anyone that doesnt agree with their regime, i assume that your philosophy is that is preferable to the exigencies of W H O and NHS

Get off the stuff."

Many theorise that Gulf War Syndrome is actually aspartame poisoning because they share the same symptoms. I don't know one way or the other.

"cant see anyone ridiculing you ? "

No having re-read it i realised. Sorry x

Aspartame is in virtually all chewing gum too. Gutted

Another angle Laine is that mercury and squaline in the jabs to protect them was the cause.

The same ingredients as the swine flu jab.

"Another angle Laine is that mercury and squaline in the jabs to protect them was the cause.

The same ingredients as the swine flu jab."

You seem a tad paranoid re chemical poisoning have you had a bad experience as i do believe mercury poisoning causes madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some may dismiss this ideology as conspiracy theories, others in the know - agenda analysts.

Have a think why dentists use their masks when drilling mercury based fillings out.

Want more

I have discussed this matter with myself!!…. And in drawing my conclusion, I am unanimous…....."All things in moderation"…..

so rassssp

"Some may dismiss this ideology as conspiracy theories, others in the know - agenda analysts.

Have a think why dentists use their masks when drilling mercury based fillings out.

Want more "

So them wearing masks has nothing to do with stopping them inhaling airbourne infectious particles or to narrow down the transmission of aids and hepititus.

Would love to stop and chat, its better than watching american conspiracy theory television.

Unfortunatly im going out on a dinner date tonight and have yet to organize a food analysist to accompany us to advise us on what we should and shouldnt eat

By *urreyfun2008Man  over a year ago

East Grinstead

Sweetners as a carcinogenic risk, i recall papers from 1987-88 with this sort of info in. Something like shortening life by two days ie one of smaller risks

"Some may dismiss this ideology as conspiracy theories, others in the know - agenda analysts.

Want more

So them wearing masks has nothing to do with stopping them inhaling airbourne infectious particles or to narrow down the transmission of aids and hepititus.

Would love to stop and chat, its better than watching american conspiracy theory television.

Unfortunatly im going out on a dinner date tonight and have yet to organize a food analysist to accompany us to advise us on what we should and shouldnt eat "

Have a great night.

Yes that may be included in them averting the chance of poison by mercury particue dust. It's highest form of toxicity.

"Sweetners as a carcinogenic risk, i recall papers from 1987-88 with this sort of info in. Something like shortening life by two days ie one of smaller risks

"

Sounds like plenty of people yourself included know of it's 'benefits' then

That pleases me !

East Grinstead

Dont have any corresponding info on diabetes risk from drinking same quantity of full sugar drinks. Believe the risk was less than radiation exposure from average amount of flying

Put it another way live long enough and cancer will get you.

Too much opinion is passed as science fact, or press decide to not print caveats.

I'm inclined to agree with you there. Information should be shared though as many are too busy watching X Factor and such tripe. Just pay your taxes and be a good little citizen.

If you look into the Fabian Society and more importantly what decisions the Bildeberg Group come to as a secret movement it is a little concerning.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

'No added sugar' usually means it's crammed full of sugar from the natural ingredients.

I am smirking at the thought swingers are worried about the effects and dangers of aspartame when there are far more dangers associated to indulging in casual sex than drinking a local soft drink. Classic

Only drink diet xx

"I am smirking at the thought swingers are worried about the effects and dangers of aspartame when there are far more dangers associated to indulging in casual sex than drinking a local soft drink. Classic "

Hahahaha quality !

By *amslam1000Man  over a year ago

willenhall

I was in the first gulf war we never got any diet or otherwise just bottled water

the jab we all had for anthrax made me barf bright green for 3 days and since then any artificial sweetners make me have "loose stools"

we all had 14 jabs for various things in 2 weeks armpits had golf balls under the skin for 3 weeks

My diabetic nurse told me not to drink diet or no added sugar drinks as they can raise your blood sugar more than if you drank the normal stuff, also it is a lie that diet is sugar free, they colour it with caramel, which is made from......sugar

I do not drink a lot of sweet drinks, just one can of Coke a day at lunch, and Ribena in the evening.

I do not like anything with diet written on it, and hate the after taste of artificial sweeteners.

"I was in the first gulf war we never got any diet or otherwise just bottled water

the jab we all had for anthrax made me barf bright green for 3 days and since then any artificial sweetners make me have "loose stools"

we all had 14 jabs for various things in 2 weeks armpits had golf balls under the skin for 3 weeks"

Heartbreaking :/ And more valid points regarding this poison

"Discuss

don't see the point of them when you are have some sort of jumbo meal and then ask for a diet drink...

and they do have the advantage of not sending ya round like a loon for having too much sugar in them...(i was always bad on pepsi or ... but i can drink pepsi max or zero no problem)"

I work in a pub and it makes me laugh when someone chooses a healthy option with a side of chips

By *rs kemeaCouple  over a year ago

angus

"My diabetic nurse told me not to drink diet or no added sugar drinks as they can raise your blood sugar more than if you drank the normal stuff, also it is a lie that diet is sugar free, they colour it with caramel, which is made from......sugar"

Caramel is the name of the colour, they don't actually use caramel, just like magnolia paint doesn't have any magnolia flowers in it

East Grinstead

Rolls eyes

By *evin5050Man  over a year ago

wolverhampton

Please, please, please do some googling for all the side effects of aspartame poisoning.

Once I had seen the research I stopped KNOWINGLY buying anything with aspartame in it - it is a poison. But, it's difficult to avoid it these days as it's in so may things such as yoghurts, cakes, biscuits etc and also in things you don't always expect to see it in.

But, if you just cut down it's better than doing nothing. Aspartame is also very addictive which explains why some people drink so much of the bloomin stuff in diet drinks.

Totally agree with the above, In the states drinks with Saccarin which is another name for Asppartame carry a surgeon general health warning that it has been proved to cause cancer in lab rats

Also worth googling Asparatame health risks Its not good stuff and its in so many things under a few different names

don't like the diet versions. you get that bitter aftertaste from the sweetners. Yuk!

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

It is 'alleged' to be carcinogenic, but not proven.....to be exact.

East Grinstead

Any qunatification of how poisonous it is? Ie real research saying how many grams a day over what period in a human?

I fear not proven may be not admitted

Donald Rumsfeld patented it the same who's a head of ABB. The same firm that supply Uranium to North Korea. Previously the American Sec. of Defence.

"Please, please, please do some googling for all the side effects of aspartame poisoning.

Once I had seen the research I stopped KNOWINGLY buying anything with aspartame in it - it is a poison. But, it's difficult to avoid it these days as it's in so may things such as yoghurts, cakes, biscuits etc and also in things you don't always expect to see it in.

But, if you just cut down it's better than doing nothing. Aspartame is also very addictive which explains why some people drink so much of the bloomin stuff in diet drinks.

"

Check out the video on google videos

Aspartame - Sweet Misery

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"I fear not proven may be not admitted

Donald Rumsfeld patented it the same who's a head of ABB. The same firm that supply Uranium to North Korea. Previously the American Sec. of Defence."

Having had a career in Pharmacy for the first Fifteen years of my adult working life, I have seen more scare stories and urban myths regarding ingredients and base product than I care to remember....

So for me it remains totally unproven and just fodder for the scaremonger websites.

By *hropscouple27Couple  over a year ago

Sth Staffs

I'd rather take my chances with Aspartame in my soft drinks and chewing gum than the 4000 or so chemical compounds in cigarettes.

I've used full fat to clean brake pads before but I still like to drink it!

I've used full fat to clean brake pads before but I still like to drink it!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I've used full fat to clean brake pads before but I still like to drink it!"

Do you have a double?

[Removed by poster at 05/09/13 23:36:45]

Silly phone getting stuck.