FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Peashooter and Catapults

Peashooter and Catapults

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Kids today just don't know what they are missing ....

I remember a time when it was perfectly normal for kids to have Gat air pistols and Sekiden guns......

They were brilliant ....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *orum TrollWoman  over a year ago

•+• Access Denied •+•

[Removed by poster at 05/08/17 15:31:38]

By *orum TrollWoman  over a year ago

•+• Access Denied •+•

just rolled up bits of soggy tissue were good enough for my generation. *folds arms*

By *aul1973HullMan  over a year ago

East Hull

nicking a potato for your spud gun!

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

My mates all bought G10 air pistols and I bought a Black Widow Catapult. I was far more accurate than my mates and broke more things.

East Hull

"My mates all bought G10 air pistols and I bought a Black Widow Catapult. I was far more accurate than my mates and broke more things."

I could shoot the head off a match at 20 paces with my G10

Cardiff

"My mates all bought G10 air pistols and I bought a Black Widow Catapult. I was far more accurate than my mates and broke more things.

I could shoot the head off a match at 20 paces with my G10 "

My mates couldn't even break milk bottles but suprisingly the one time they fired at a passing bus the window shattered. Typical

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

This thread has developed into an explanation of why kids can't have those kind of things anymore

East Hull

"This thread has developed into an explanation of why kids can't have those kind of things anymore "

Bit we were still better behaved in general than today's yoof!

By *ngel n tedCouple  over a year ago

maidstone

We used to go up in the woods with our airguns and shoot eachother. We used to make bazookas out of drainpipes and fire mini rocket fireworks and chuck bangers about. All good sensible fun

"nicking a potato for your spud gun!"

Fuzz

Cap gun reels and lighting them with matches. Great fun!

Fuzz

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"This thread has developed into an explanation of why kids can't have those kind of things anymore "

I saw a catapult for sale at a car boot sale a few weeks ago.

"This thread has developed into an explanation of why kids can't have those kind of things anymore

Bit we were still better behaved in general than today's yoof! "

And bloody fitter...sat in their bedrooms all day on a pc

"This thread has developed into an explanation of why kids can't have those kind of things anymore

I saw a catapult for sale at a car boot sale a few weeks ago. "

You didn't buy them....you made them from a tree branch

Spud Guns great shout I'd forgot about them....

I remember having BB gun fights, paint ball gun fights, rock fights and alot of other dangerous shit. Now its all too dangerous for these sissy kids

You could use the gat as a spud gun, and as a dart gun, Cork gun and pellet gun, no tin can was safe in them days

"You could use the gat as a spud gun, and as a dart gun, Cork gun and pellet gun, no tin can was safe in them days "

Where I come from the "gat" was a catapult

"You could use the gat as a spud gun, and as a dart gun, Cork gun and pellet gun, no tin can was safe in them days

Where I come from the "gat" was a catapult "

Gat was a budget 177 calibre air pistol that could shoot lead pellets and darts ...

They were a move up the Sekiden guns which were bloody lethal in their own right due to instant automatic reload...

Cannock

I saw a catapult for sale at a car boot sale a few weeks ago.

You didn't buy them....you made them from a tree branch "

No I didn't buy it, I'm all grown up now.

Although I believe they sell catapults in fishing tackle shops purely for adult fishing purposes.

By *K430Man  over a year ago

Tipperary

And bloody fitter...sat in their bedrooms all day on a pc"

Haha, true??, anyone else have a black widow catapult, Christ, it was deadly, you could trim someone's nostril hair with that ??

"You could use the gat as a spud gun, and as a dart gun, Cork gun and pellet gun, no tin can was safe in them days

Gat was a budget 177 calibre air pistol that could shoot lead pellets and darts ...

They were a move up the Sekiden guns which were bloody lethal in their own right due to instant automatic reload... "

Yeah yeah I remember them...the push in barrel ones. I hah a webley breach barrel. But as a younger kit a catapult was called a gat

They were a move up the Sekiden guns which were bloody lethal in their own right due to instant automatic reload...

Yeah yeah I remember them...the push in barrel ones. I hah a webley breach barrel. But as a younger kit a catapult was called a gat "

*kid

"My mates all bought G10 air pistols and I bought a Black Widow Catapult. I was far more accurate than my mates and broke more things."

I had 1 of those too!!!! Wow

Most of these thing were sold as toys not weapons.....

We used to buy them from our local Toyshop

I mean c'mon you were only shooting your mates , it's not like you fired them at people you didn't know .....

I remember buying lucky bags from the sweetshop that contained random pieces of ex-army equipment .....

"Most of these thing were sold as toys not weapons.....

I mean c'mon you were only shooting your mates , it's not like you fired them at people you didn't know .....

I remember buying lucky bags from the sweetshop that contained random pieces of ex-army equipment .....

"

I remember as a boy, it was a right of passage and a mark of respect and trust when I was handed my first pen knife, it was like becoming a man in your fathers/grandfather's eyes.

No one would think of doing it now

By *hips n FursMan  over a year ago

Huddersfield

A Gat gun..what a blast from the past...we used to make throwing arrows. We got them that good,we could do the length of a football pitch with them.

I remember as a boy, it was a right of passage and a mark of respect and trust when I was handed my first pen knife, it was like becoming a man in your fathers/grandfather's eyes.

No one would think of doing it now"

Not likely...it carries ten years now.

"A Gat gun..what a blast from the past...we used to make throwing arrows. We got them that good,we could do the length of a football pitch with them."

They were bloody great if you had a good one.....loop of string and away you go

No one would think of doing it now"

Yeah I remember that feeling of pride when I was allowed to move up from a multi blade penknife to my first sheath knife ......

It seems insane now to think we walked about openly wearing a Bowie knife hanging from our belts .....

Yeah I remember that feeling of pride when I was allowed to move up from a multi blade penknife to my first sheath knife ......

It seems insane now to think we walked about openly wearing a Bowie knife hanging from our belts ..... "

I remember buying my first sheaf knife from a gift shop at whitby

It seems insane now to think we walked about openly wearing a Bowie knife hanging from our belts .....

I remember buying my first sheaf knife from a gift shop at whitby "

There's only one weapon I keep in a sheath nowadays.

My samurai sword, you filthy minded perverts

I remember buying my first sheaf knife from a gift shop at whitby "

We had cap guns. With rolls of 'caps' on red paper

I always liked playing with the boys

They get 6 months to a year for pea shooting someone now. And an ASBO and tag.

I had shoes with a secret compass in the heel ....

"I had shoes with a secret compass in the heel .... "

Something special in heals? Nothing changes with you eh soxy

Cannock

It seems insane now to think we walked about openly wearing a Bowie knife hanging from our belts ..... "

The Rambo survival knife was the cool thing to have in the 80's from the Rambo film First Blood. My uncle was a Rambo fan and he got one, it had a compass on the end of the handle which you could unscrew and store things inside the hollow handle like needle and thread in case you fall off a mountain through some trees and cut your arm open and need to stitch yourself together, lol. I asked my parents if they'd buy me one.

The Rambo survival knife was the cool thing to have in the 80's from the Rambo film First Blood. My uncle was a Rambo fan and he got one, it had a compass on the end of the handle which you could unscrew and store things inside the hollow handle like needle and thread in case you fall off a mountain through some trees and cut your arm open and need to stitch yourself together, lol. I asked my parents if they'd buy me one. "

I'd discovered girls by the 80's .....

By *onestjohn1962Man  over a year ago

Sheffield

I used to have everything dangerous - I was born in 1962 so I guess I was allowed everything. Catapult, spud gun, throwing arrows, the works. We even used to take our Sekiden guns to school for playtime fun.

Remember playing stretch with your mate? You would stand toe to toe and throw a sheath knife in the floor near your mates feet, if it stuck in he had to open his legs and strtch to that point. Then it was his turn. If you got it to stick in the ground and he couldn't reach it you won.

Now I have the money, I still have the urge to collect knives, and guns. And I have a Samurai sword from 1725.

I guess it's in my genes.

I remember buying my first sheaf knife from a gift shop at whitby

There's only one weapon I keep in a sheath nowadays.

My samurai sword, you filthy minded perverts "

The size of the weapon is sill in question though

Cannock

The Rambo survival knife was the cool thing to have in the 80's from the Rambo film First Blood. My uncle was a Rambo fan and he got one, it had a compass on the end of the handle which you could unscrew and store things inside the hollow handle like needle and thread in case you fall off a mountain through some trees and cut your arm open and need to stitch yourself together, lol. I asked my parents if they'd buy me one.

I'd discovered girls by the 80's ..... "

I was still at junior school in the 80's.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

We used to make a rudimentary bow & arrow out of a 12" wooden ruler, make a hole in the middle with yer compass, attach a laggy band to each end with a couple of drawing pins, then fire Bic biro refills at each other

It's amazing what you learn at Boarding school

"I had shoes with a secret compass in the heel .... "

Tuff vanguards... I had them

"I had shoes with a secret compass in the heel ....

Tuff vanguards... I had them "

I remember two types

I think you could get Clarks Pathfinders or Bata Wayfinders which also had animal tracks on the sole....

"I had shoes with a secret compass in the heel ....

Tuff vanguards... I had them

I remember two types

I think you could get Clarks Pathfinders or Bata Wayfinders which also had animal tracks on the sole.... "

Yeah I remember them having animal tracks but was almost certain they were called vanguards but the two names you mentioned ring a bell too

Elastic bands, main part of a biro pen, paperclips, bull dog clips.... I was pretty nifty at school

Carrots make better bullets

Cardiff

"Elastic bands, main part of a biro pen, paperclips, bull dog clips.... I was pretty nifty at school "

I used to put wood staples in mine.

Knocked a pigeon clean out during the middle of maths once. Suprised me and I felt terrible.

Is it bad i had both CO2 and spring powered BB guns growing up

"Elastic bands, main part of a biro pen, paperclips, bull dog clips.... I was pretty nifty at school

I used to put wood staples in mine.

Knocked a pigeon clean out during the middle of maths once. Suprised me and I felt terrible."

I remember a BB gun fight as a kid at my aunties house, long rows of townhouses, we were fighting the kids on the next street, those fuckers had an automatic machine gun style BB gun

It was brutal I tell you!! BRUTAL!!

Was at a management training centre with whole stack of people from all over country.

In teams of like 8 and all the equipment etc available your team had to construct a giant catapult and fire a weighted balls as far as could across the pitch.

Some right good designs from some teams, two army guys in our team took over, we actually came 3rd, but was good fun making a big catapult and trying fire quite heavy balls across the pitch.

Our frame was made of lashed pine poles, weighted down with barrels of water..the counter weight a barrel of water. Good idea from British army guys in team, but just not good enough to win.

East Hull

"I remember a BB gun fight as a kid at my aunties house, long rows of townhouses, we were fighting the kids on the next street, those fuckers had an automatic machine gun style BB gun

It was brutal I tell you!! BRUTAL!!"

A mate of mine had one a few years back, I shot him in the ass, as he spun round I got him again in the right bollock, he dropped like a sack of spuds as the 3rd shot gave him a pakki spot

East Hull

"Was at a management training centre with whole stack of people from all over country.

In teams of like 8 and all the equipment etc available your team had to construct a giant catapult and fire a weighted balls as far as could across the pitch.

Some right good designs from some teams, two army guys in our team took over, we actually came 3rd, but was good fun making a big catapult and trying fire quite heavy balls across the pitch.

Our frame was made of lashed pine poles, weighted down with barrels of water..the counter weight a barrel of water. Good idea from British army guys in team, but just not good enough to win.

"

Should have gone with a trebuchet

"Was at a management training centre with whole stack of people from all over country.

Should have gone with a trebuchet"

Wasn't sure what that was...had a look. Seems you know your catapults... I'd say looks a lot like the winning design I seem to remember.

Yep that would have done it

Cardiff

I had a go at airsoft a few months back.

Shooting at people with high velocity air guns. Amazing fun and semi serious.

Better than paintball, the paintballers were in awe of us.

One rule was no close range shots but you could tap someone with a plastic knife or say 'bang bang' if you could creep up on someone.

At the last moment I turn to see my mate get crept up on and the guy on the other team shot him from 1M away with a Nerf gun .

A fantastic day out if you have ever been paintballing

East Hull

Wasn't sure what that was...had a look. Seems you know your catapults... I'd say looks a lot like the winning design I seem to remember.

"

Well they've been an effective weapon since 4BC, jeremy clarkson 'made' one in the 80's to launch a Nissan sunny across a field, and they are still used in a pumpkin chunk competition... launching a 4.5kg pumpkin 864 meters.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

"Kids today just don't know what they are missing ....

I remember a time when it was perfectly normal for kids to have Gat air pistols and Sekiden guns......

They were brilliant .... "

Ah, the gat air pistol. They are harmless till someone messes about and partially blinds you in one eye.

Well they've been an effective weapon since 4BC, jeremy clarkson 'made' one in the 80's to launch a Nissan sunny across a field, and they are still used in a pumpkin chunk competition... launching a 4.5kg pumpkin 864 meters."

Would like to build one these, but be thinking launch myself into the sea or a lake...flying through air for a football pitch sounds exciting.... splash

East Hull

Well they've been an effective weapon since 4BC, jeremy clarkson 'made' one in the 80's to launch a Nissan sunny across a field, and they are still used in a pumpkin chunk competition... launching a 4.5kg pumpkin 864 meters.

Would like to build one these, but be thinking launch myself into the sea or a lake...flying through air for a football pitch sounds exciting.... splash "

The impact damage to your body hitting the water at that speed sounds less exciting.

Would like to build one these, but be thinking launch myself into the sea or a lake...flying through air for a football pitch sounds exciting.... splash

The impact damage to your body hitting the water at that speed sounds less exciting."

Damage? I'm a regular cliff jumper.. heights of like 80ft+ got sights on a 100 ft. Cut off without bubble machine is about 120ft+ that's into red bull diving.

Seriously though as long as launched in such a way as to be into a dive or perhaps feet first. Not for year now but I used to back flip, front flip, double somersault off cliffs into water. That sort of stuff excites me. Hence my thoughts on catapulting myself...seems like fun.

So why you think impact hitting water would be dangerous?

Cool I love it

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Hereford

Bit we were still better behaved in general than today's yoof! "

We weren't though!

Its just that kids today seem to come under so much scritiny.

I did a fair ammount of trespass/poaching from about 12. Nobody gave a crap that we were shooting rabbits.

Drinking in the park/woods by 14 - The lady in the shop used to ask if we were underage; if we said we were, then it was cash only and she'd pass it over the back wall. Nobody cared that we were drinking (and plenty saw us) unless we did something daft (lik my mate lobbing bottles randonly once like a dickhead)....

And loads of other stuff which I'm not gonna mention.

I'd have ASBOS all over the shop nowadays.

Hereford

"I had a go at airsoft a few months back.

One rule was no close range shots but you could tap someone with a plastic knife or say 'bang bang' if you could creep up on someone.

At the last moment I turn to see my mate get crept up on and the guy on the other team shot him from 1M away with a Nerf gun .

A fantastic day out if you have ever been paintballing "

Our village "idiot" used to volunter (for fags, obvs) to run round my mares garden whilst we shot him with an air rifle....

I think it was mandatory to take a catapult and Refreshers sweets to the Saturday morning pictures in the early eighties.

When you kicked the sweets and shot them at the ceiling they would explode and look like sparkles. We were easily pleased.

East Hull

We weren't though!

I did a fair ammount of trespass/poaching from about 12. Nobody gave a crap that we were shooting rabbits.

Drinking in the park/woods by 14 - The lady in the shop used to ask if we were underage; if we said we were, then it was cash only and she'd pass it over the back wall. Nobody cared that we were drinking (and plenty saw us) unless we did something daft (lik my mate lobbing bottles randonly once like a dickhead)....

I'd have ASBOS all over the shop nowadays. "

But I'm guessing that even with all the stuff youve done in the past you still had more respect for people and their property than some of today's kids do.

Hereford

We weren't though!

But I'm guessing that even with all the stuff youve done in the past you still had more respect for people and their property than some of today's kids do."

See: lobbing bottles.

See also: the apple catapult we made with an inner tube. I never knew the owner of that greenhouse....

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

Ironically, I saw a Slingshot toy being sold in a shop chain only on Monday!

This is a company with numerous branches.

Hereford

We weren't though!

But I'm guessing that even with all the stuff youve done in the past you still had more respect for people and their property than some of today's kids do."

I guess you have a slight point though - what we were not was agressive, and if you'd have challenged us as an adult, we would have scarpered.

But then, I do onwder if the reason that teenagers now are so agressive is that they feel that everyone is watching them and that they can't do anything without getting in serious trouble.

When we went on holiday in Scotland I was around 10 I was able to walk into a shop buy a 6 inch knife put it on my belt and walk around the streets with it.

At 13 I joined the army cadets and I learned to shoot the 303 and the SLR.

At 16 I joined full time etc.

If we got in trouble in school you got punished so you was scared of some teachers so you behaved.

If not mum and dad punished you.

"I had a go at airsoft a few months back.

A fantastic day out if you have ever been paintballing "

bang bang rule's are for baby's we don't have that rule here.As for the guns my pistols was around £100 to £120 each.my rifles nearly £300 it's really fun playing CQB inside. But I like outdoor games.longer ranges.

I used to enjoy blowing my shooter when I was younger.

When I was about 14 and very gothy a skater kid in baggy jeans threatened me with an air rifle in the local park I was taking a short cut through, so i hoofed him on the bollox and wrapped said rifle round his head leaving him semi conscious.

Later his dad banged on our front door, my dad answered.

'Your son knocked my son out with this air rifle, look he's broken it!'

Dad takes hold of offending air rifle surveying the damage

'Like this?' Says dad, knocking other parent out, leaving him on the front lawn like a starfish.

Kinda proving stupidity runs in some families.

» Add a new message to this topic