FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > DPF fault on Ford Kuga

DPF fault on Ford Kuga

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So the lights of doom flashed on my dashboard. Car went in to limp mode. Called AA and now in the garage after DPF codes came up on the diagnostic tool. AA guy did a forced regen, but it never worked.

Anyone got any experience of what sort of cost Im looking forward to?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ah! The great DPF rippoff instead of making them serviceable they made them sealed units

Whe I had one okay up on a berlingo van 2 years ago I was quoted well over a grand to replace.

There are places tha offer a cleaning service but don't know how effective it is.

Are you sure it's the actual DPF or th fluid ?

Dpf is a curse. The only thing that really works is to remove that section of the exhaust, jet wash it. Stick it back together. Check you tube. Been there, pain in the arse. Best of luck.

[Removed by poster at 21/06/17 11:43:10]

Try looking on YouTube before you spend any money on cars going into limp mode. Did a reset on my sons Fiesta and it sorted problem

This happened with my CMAX.came up as an EGR fault. EGR replaced worked for a while then happened again. An independent garage suggested getting the injectors checked. Got them checked. All fine but when they were put back all the contacts were regelled. It has worked perfectly for the past three years since

Google Terraclean

They're supposed to be able to clean dpf filters

I feel really un-manly that I had to Google what a DPF was. I feel my testosterone count has just reduced by about 20%..

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

"I feel really un-manly that I had to Google what a DPF was. I feel my testosterone count has just reduced by about 20%.. "

Remove another 20% if you drive a car with one...

By *urchoicenowCouple  over a year ago

Ashford

I used to have a focus cc, and you had to regen by driving above 3k revs for a while, so screaming up the motorway in third

I hate diesel cars!

Try a forced regenerate.

Or have it removed and mapped out of the system.

they are yet another hopeless piece of crap fitted to modern vehicles as well as the egr valves that are just as useless but at least you can blank those bloody things off.if your car has gone into limp mode you cant do a forced region your dpf is scrap and needs replacing.also check the rubber hoses attached to the dpf as these perish over time.do not buy replacements from ford just buy some fuel hose that will cost approx 3 quid and will do the job just as good as the stupidly priced genuine ford part

By *andDeeCouple  over a year ago

Ashford

Was talking to my 88 year old mum about my wifes car going in to limp mode.

I was shocked and actually speechless for once in my life when she said 'That's what you men suffer from'.

Usual on these is the dpf sensor, they usually fuck up, either that or the pipes that run from the dpf to the sensor, they come as a kit anyway, pretty straight forward to change, the pipes just push onto the dpf underneath and the sensor is fixed to the side of the battery cover

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thanks for the advice guys!

By *ustthe2ofusXXXCouple  over a year ago

coventry

You need to find out the caused of the dpf failure, did you get a code from the garage? There is always a reason for for a blocked dpf. EGR valve, driving style, pressure pipes, or pressure sensor are the normal culprits. Seen loads of them done loads of them. Even had them mapped out along with the egr valve. Let me know if you need anymore advice I have my own garage and have helped a few fab members out

Elimate the root cause

Don't buy a ford

(Or a diesel)

You MUST use a low SAPS oil for a diesel with DPF- there are additives for the fuel to aid the process but use super diesel also as it has more detergents in it

» Add a new message to this topic