FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Why do many...not all...seem to hang up on new folk??

Why do many...not all...seem to hang up on new folk??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 16/06/17 00:27:23]

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Can you explain further ?

Obviously not

"****"

That's easy for you to say

"Can you explain further ? "

Of course...

I often lurk...and do notice that when a new face...so to speak...posts...a few people seem to really gang up on them...it isn't really surprising that the reputation sticks! In my opinion.

"Can you explain further ?

Of course...

I often lurk...and do notice that when a new face...so to speak...posts...a few people seem to really gang up on them...it isn't really surprising that the reputation sticks! In my opinion."

That's hardly being cliquey though is it?

And it's never a new face, more like an old silhouette

To a new contributor it could be seen that way!

I just feel a bit sorry for the newbies really

a coudna give a fuck who is pally with whoever i will post what i want add to threads what i want and to fuck with all those that go to saturn for a sneaky wank

"Can you explain further ?

Of course...

I often lurk...and do notice that when a new face...so to speak...posts...a few people seem to really gang up on them...it isn't really surprising that the reputation sticks! In my opinion.

That's hardly being cliquey though is it?

And it's never a new face, more like an old silhouette "

No no no the clique usually congregate late late late

"a coudna give a fuck who is pally with whoever i will post what i want add to threads what i want and to fuck with all those that go to saturn for a sneaky wank "

Yep,i like you

"To a new contributor it could be seen that way!

I just feel a bit sorry for the newbies really"

Serious mate,fuck em and say what you want,they do

"a coudna give a fuck who is pally with whoever i will post what i want add to threads what i want and to fuck with all those that go to saturn for a sneaky wank

Yep,i like you"

i like your tits

"a coudna give a fuck who is pally with whoever i will post what i want add to threads what i want and to fuck with all those that go to saturn for a sneaky wank "

I wish more had your attitude...brilliant x

"a coudna give a fuck who is pally with whoever i will post what i want add to threads what i want and to fuck with all those that go to saturn for a sneaky wank

I wish more had your attitude...brilliant x"

lifes to short to have hangups

Serious mate,fuck em and say what you want,they do"

I couldn't give a shit personally...but I can see how shrinking it seems to many.

If you don't brown nose...Well hilarious place!

I wish more had your attitude...brilliant x lifes to short to have hangups "

I totally agree

But why are some so nasty?

What lives they must lead.

By *orum TrollWoman  over a year ago

•+• Access Denied •+•

I just feel a bit sorry for the newbies really"

i kinda feel sorry for them but half the time if they knew how to use a forum they wouldn't need to post.

i do think the posters who are ganging up do look bad though. it's on them though.

I wish more had your attitude...brilliant x lifes to short to have hangups

I totally agree

What lives they must lead."

i recently started using forums and with all social media some are nice some are not i learn to ignore the nasty as they are not relevant in my life

i kinda feel sorry for them but half the time if they knew how to use a forum they wouldn't need to post.

i do think the posters who are ganging up do look bad though. it's on them though."

Exactly

I totally agree

What lives they must lead. i recently started using forums and with all social media some are nice some are not i learn to ignore the nasty as they are not relevant in my life "

I just feel for everyone...soft as!

I totally agree

What lives they must lead. i recently started using forums and with all social media some are nice some are not i learn to ignore the nasty as they are not relevant in my life

I just feel for everyone...soft as!"

pinky bugger em n let me caress your broken heart and ravage you

I totally agree

What lives they must lead. i recently started using forums and with all social media some are nice some are not i learn to ignore the nasty as they are not relevant in my life

I just feel for everyone...soft as! pinky bugger em n let me caress your broken heart and ravage you "

Oh go on then xx

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Many? I didn't realise that was the case. I either miss it or I'm one of the many.

"Many? I didn't realise that was the case. I either miss it or I'm one of the many.

"

Do you feel you are?

"Many? I didn't realise that was the case. I either miss it or I'm one of the many.

"

same here i did not know there was an inner circle glad i am not in it

By *orum TrollWoman  over a year ago

•+• Access Denied •+•

"

it's probably the topics you never open coz they're posted a lot already and newbies mostly post that stuff not realising. used to be anyway.

I'm just waiting!

pinky make your own inner circle on here

there was a ginger group one timeover

"pinky make your own inner circle on here

there was a ginger group one timeover"

I'd rather not lovey!

"I'm just waiting!"

Who are you?

Why are you causing discontent?

Why is my left shoe bigger than the right one?

Is 2+2 really 5?

Hello, nice to meet you.

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Fuck em it's a public forum. So long as it's within site rules post what you like on the threads you like....

"I'm just waiting!

Who are you?

Why are you causing discontent?

Why is my left shoe bigger than the right one?

Is 2+2 really 5?

Hello, nice to meet you."

Hello to you too

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Do you feel you are?"

Well I can't say I do, and I'd like to think that I'm not. But if I was I'd hope someone would pull me up on it and tell me to stop being mean!

By *aughty_kittyWoman  over a year ago

finger licking good

Op.. I noticed that on my return, but if u just ignore it and post like u don't see it that helps lol

"Op.. I noticed that on my return, but if u just ignore it and post like u don't see it that helps lol"

I don't worry I post what I want, usually some kind of drivel. I,m not a newbie though. I used to be more mean though I admit. XXX

It depends wether the now poster with a new thread is asking a stupid question. Because stupid questions deserve stupid answers. I'm sure those people that have been here for years have seen/read everything and can tell if someone's serious or misguided or trying to rock the boat and cause controversy. New profiles are always on people's radar too.

It is the nitpickers over here who are shallow. Something really bad happens, someone starts a thread on it and the nitpickers start on tearing their grammar and punctuation apart trying to appear compassionate and intelligent, all at the same time. They are neither

- Mrs. J -

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Glad it's not just us.

It's all they have so leave them too it.

There's a lot of it around.

Single guys in particular get a tough ride in here unless they're Forum famous or ripped!

A relatively new, not very well known guy can post a thinly veiled 'look at me thread' and get ripped a new one. It can be like a blood sport.

A lady or ripped or handsome guy does the same and it turns into a sycophant fest! It has happened in the very near past!

The trick is to ride the neggy vibes and stick with it! The worst part is when the said poster ends up going UNLOS through the abuse and everyone starts howling with pride at a successful kill ...

[Removed by poster at 16/06/17 06:59:26]

Some people here are simply mean and appear to take delight in being unkind to new people on the forums.

OP not sure if you mean replies as well as posts.

Posts are always a little tough. I have only ever posted a couple of times. Replies I do a fair bit.

You will notice familiar faces on here posting the "morning" and "fab" threads. Reply in these and people will get used to you.

If people reply to me that is good if not I don't care.

Just look at it this way though your thread has gone through the night so it can't be too bad.

"It depends wether the now poster with a new thread is asking a stupid question. Because stupid questions deserve stupid answers. I'm sure those people that have been here for years have seen/read everything and can tell if someone's serious or misguided or trying to rock the boat and cause controversy. New profiles are always on people's radar too. "

I believe there's no such thing as a stupid question.

Most newbies don't have the vast experience yet!

"There's a lot of it around.

Single guys in particular get a tough ride in here unless they're Forum famous or ripped!

A relatively new, not very well known guy can post a thinly veiled 'look at me thread' and get ripped a new one. It can be like a blood sport.

A lady or ripped or handsome guy does the same and it turns into a sycophant fest! It has happened in the very near past!

The trick is to ride the neggy vibes and stick with it! The worst part is when the said poster ends up going UNLOS through the abuse and everyone starts howling with pride at a successful kill ... "

Exactly...how important they must feel,when they have literally pissed on someone's parade!

"OP not sure if you mean replies as well as posts.

Posts are always a little tough. I have only ever posted a couple of times. Replies I do a fair bit.

You will notice familiar faces on here posting the "morning" and "fab" threads. Reply in these and people will get used to you.

If people reply to me that is good if not I don't care.

Just look at it this way though your thread has gone through the night so it can't be too bad. "

I understand that.

But to be fair,I wouldn't want any of these cowardly nasties to get used to me...it's their victims I feel for x

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Everyone was new once and a great many people think this place is a site for an easy shag and for have the wherewithal to understand how it works - it takes time to learn that so anyone new needs to hang in there, not take things personally and read the forum posts for answers to any questions they might have. They might have an easier time of it. Of course, loads of people join and join in with no problems whatsoever.

"Everyone was new once and a great many people think this place is a site for an easy shag and for have the wherewithal to understand how it works - it takes time to learn that so anyone new needs to hang in there, not take things personally and read the forum posts for answers to any questions they might have. They might have an easier time of it. Of course, loads of people join and join in with no problems whatsoever. "

So...it's "best" if a newbie doesn't ask questions. How will they ever fit in?!?!

It's fine for the long standing folk to ask questions...

many have answers for though...I'm so glad I don't feel the need to "hang in"

But thanks x

I guess people are skeptical around new members and like to wait and see how they are and if they'll hang around.

Its sad though, im sure we all remember what it was like being a newbie and trying to find your feet.

I try to chat to people regardless of how long they've been here, if they say something I connect with then I respond, it is easier to connect with established members though as you've already built rapport.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

To be fair, I think a lot of posters treat people the same regardless of whether they are new or not. If someone makes an ist comment or a body shaming one regardless of being new or not I'll call them on it.

At times, yes it can be vicious. I recall a few occasions where a new poster has asked for help or to try to get involved only for others to mock and deliberately set the thread on a tangent with 'banter'. That's not nice to read.

On the other hand there are lots of posters who are welcoming to newbies and actively encourage and include them.

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

visiting the beach

"Everyone was new once and a great many people think this place is a site for an easy shag and for have the wherewithal to understand how it works - it takes time to learn that so anyone new needs to hang in there, not take things personally and read the forum posts for answers to any questions they might have. They might have an easier time of it. Of course, loads of people join and join in with no problems whatsoever.

So...it's "best" if a newbie doesn't ask questions. How will they ever fit in?!?!

But thanks x

"

I think there is a great deal of intolerance for "lazy" questions. The ones that have been asked a million times.

The forums can be searched for previous answers.

Of course not everyone is familiar with using a forum. So I try not to judge the person as lazy or stupid.

But then there are the obvious trouble stirring posts. They deserve all they get!

;-)

Because they don't know them, so don't feel they have to be decent towards them.

I've seen a prolific forum user, who had been here years and often derided new male users, react totally different to a "friend" when they called her out on the forums.

Anyone else saying what they did to her and they would have gotten the acid tongue treatment.

"Because they don't know them, so don't feel they have to be decent towards them.

I've seen a prolific forum user, who had been here years and often derided new male users, react totally different to a "friend" when they called her out on the forums.

Anyone else saying what they did to her and they would have gotten the acid tongue treatment. "

Well said.

It reminds me of the school playground!

X

It's funny, I don't really see any ganging up or pack mentality.

I see the forums as a group of people pretty much talking to themselves on threads. Its just a case of who can shout the loudest tbh.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

"It's funny, I don't really see any ganging up or pack mentality.

I see the forums as a group of people pretty much talking to themselves on threads. Its just a case of who can shout the loudest tbh. "

I can't say I agree with that but maybe we read different threads. I see lots of posts where people are interacting with each other. But hey, we all have our own confirmation bias.

"Everyone was new once and a great many people think this place is a site for an easy shag and for have the wherewithal to understand how it works - it takes time to learn that so anyone new needs to hang in there, not take things personally and read the forum posts for answers to any questions they might have. They might have an easier time of it. Of course, loads of people join and join in with no problems whatsoever.

But thanks x

I think there is a great deal of intolerance for "lazy" questions. The ones that have been asked a million times.

Of course not everyone is familiar with using a forum. So I try not to judge the person as lazy or stupid.

But then there are the obvious trouble stirring posts. They deserve all they get!

;-)"

It's extremely simple to ignore the "lazy" questions. Although, I think new users ask questions as a way to introduce themselves so come in with a simple question. If people are bored with reading the same questions over and over I would suggest ignoring them, or leave the forums because they have obviously been on them too long, instead of being rude or incendiary.

I see the forums as a group of people pretty much talking to themselves on threads. Its just a case of who can shout the loudest tbh. "

Oh yes...and I was simply stating my opinion too...thanks for yours.

By *D0203Man  over a year ago

Rotherham

It's a scary world to get into, let alone be new to it

I find it hard when being a guy and having one veri, people hold it against me.

Am I to shag anyone just for the sake of it!

I have morals..... just not in the bedroom

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Just give as good as you get don't take no crap from others on here.

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

I do at time's

"Just give as good as you get don't take no crap from others on here."

Thanks x

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

"It depends wether the now poster with a new thread is asking a stupid question. Because stupid questions deserve stupid answers. I'm sure those people that have been here for years have seen/read everything and can tell if someone's serious or misguided or trying to rock the boat and cause controversy. New profiles are always on people's radar too.

Most newbies don't have the vast experience yet!"

And you think the ones who have the attitude do?

They are fantasists and sheep with egos and attitude.

The only people they will meet will be the be the other sheep who tag along, if they are even thst lucky

"It depends wether the now poster with a new thread is asking a stupid question. Because stupid questions deserve stupid answers. I'm sure those people that have been here for years have seen/read everything and can tell if someone's serious or misguided or trying to rock the boat and cause controversy. New profiles are always on people's radar too.

Most newbies don't have the vast experience yet!

And you think the ones who have the attitude do?

They are fantasists and sheep with egos and attitude.

The only people they will meet will be the be the other sheep who tag along, if they are even thst lucky

"

I was being a tad sarcastic about their experience...but I do like your sheep analogy x

DIllIGAF...

xx

"DIllIGAF...

xx"

I'm afraid I have no idea what that Little Gem means!

"DIllIGAF...

xx

I'm afraid I have no idea what that Little Gem means!"

Put it in your interweb search ...

xx

Most newbies don't have the vast experience yet!"

But thanks x

;-)"

The people who post what you call a 'lazy' question could actually be simply trying to get others talking to them via the forum. They may know the answer to the question but are just trying to get a conversation going.

By *unandbuckCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

I wouldn't worry op.

90% of fab don't come in the forum, and a surprising amount of forum posters never meet. The cliquey friends may not be real life friends, just keyboard buddies.

most people in here are nice most of the time....

Just be yourself and try to ignore any perceived ganging up, they won't really hut you

Saturn? surely you mean uranus

» Add a new message to this topic