FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > CPAP

CPAP

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Does anyone on here have any experience with using a CPAP machine? I've been diagnosed with OSA and in a couple of weeks will be starting treatment. Be very interested to hear people's stories and experiences of living with the machine. Thanks.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes I (Mr) have one after being diagnosed with OSA.

Apparently had it for 3 years before diagnosis, and was getting roughly 2/3 hours sleep per night.

I actually had no idea how badly I was suffering and how badly I was affected until I got the CPAP.

Has utterly changed my life for the better, far more energy, get up and go, motivation.

Couldn't recommend it enough.

Good luck OP, you will most definately get a new lease of life with it

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Hubby was misdiagnosed with OSA and went out and bought a CPAP.

He blacked out at 70mph on the A14 at 10.30 one morning and is not overweight.

A close friend who is a nurse advised that he should go back for regular check ups every six months.

We had gone Private and discovered after another check that he did not have OSA but was simply suffering from exhaustion from overwork.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Yes I (Mr) have one after being diagnosed with OSA.

Apparently had it for 3 years before diagnosis, and was getting roughly 2/3 hours sleep per night.

I actually had no idea how badly I was suffering and how badly I was affected until I got the CPAP.

Has utterly changed my life for the better, far more energy, get up and go, motivation.

Couldn't recommend it enough.

Good luck OP, you will most definately get a new lease of life with it "

Thanks for the positive comments.

Strangely enough I feel worse in myself since the 'official' diagnosis. For a long time I told myself it was just normal for me to feel bad and had to get on with life. Now I know the diagnosis I think subconsciously I'm allowing myself to feel bad but with a reason. Sounds weird, hope you understand what I mean.

Anyway, thanks again and great profile.

» Add a new message to this topic