FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Reading of profiles

Reading of profiles

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do people actually read a profile before messaging!!??

The other morning we had a guy message 5 times in an hour getting more and more bent out of shape cos we weren't replying... a few other persistant ones too

Is this normal?? Any advice other than using the block button would be appreciated

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Block men from messaging you in the first place and then go out and find them when you want them rather than waiting for the idiots to message you and have to deal with that.

"Block men from messaging you in the first place and then go out and find them when you want them rather than waiting for the idiots to message you and have to deal with that.

"

I don't know why more women don't adopt this strategy

I read all profile s. If someone is a nuisance just block them. No need to put up with anybody's shite on here.

Non I don't read (not true, I do sometimes).

Men will message fancying there chances just as much as many women. Don't sweat the little stuff.

"Block men from messaging you in the first place and then go out and find them when you want them rather than waiting for the idiots to message you and have to deal with that.

I don't know why more women don't adopt this strategy "

Because then men don't show up on 'who's looked at me' including those from our 'friends list'. We've tried this strategy twice, but because we couldn't see which men looked at us, found the whole thing unsatisfactory.

Mrs

I always read them, and don't bother If I'm way outside their preferences..

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

We had a similar thing and eventually blocked the guy.

We don't want to stop all guys from messaging as there are a few that we chat too on a regular basis.

If they read our profile it clearly states no single guys and in fairness most don't message.

Because then men don't show up on 'who's looked at me' including those from our 'friends list'. We've tried this strategy twice, but because we couldn't see which men looked at us, found the whole thing unsatisfactory.

Mrs"

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner and that folks is the problem. Thank you x

By *atsun xxxMan  over a year ago

Nr LOUTH Lincolnshire

I read profiles first and sometimes even messages

With a lovely complimentary message and if I get a reply no thanks I don't message again it's the right thing to do

If I was you block the nuisance ones xxx

I can them and then can't be bothered to message a lot of the time

Mrs"

That is interesting. Do you have to do much ing out of stupid messages as a result?

"We had a similar thing and eventually blocked the guy.

We don't want to stop all guys from messaging as there are a few that we chat too on a regular basis.

If they read our profile it clearly states no single guys and in fairness most don't message."

That's true.....first message came from you guys. Though it was on a particular topic lol!

Mrs"

But surely you'd hit the search function and look for guys and message them?

Or am I missing something here?

Mrs

That is interesting. Do you have to do much ing out of stupid messages as a result?"

No, with filters and the way we've written our profile, we've managed to get messages down to about half a dozen a week. Not very many at all.

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Mrs

That is interesting. Do you have to do much ing out of stupid messages as a result?

No, with filters and the way we've written our profile, we've managed to get messages down to about half a dozen a week. Not very many at all. "

That worked for us too and the odd ones that we do get are usually complimentary

Mrs

Or am I missing something here?"

We did a search like that once. If we were actively looking and had blocked guys from messaging us, I expect we'd use the search function more often. But we still want to know who's looked and us, and we certainly want to know if a man from our 'friends' list has looked.

Mrs

Mrs

Or am I missing something here?

We did a search like that once. If we were actively looking and had blocked guys from messaging us, I expect we'd use the search function more often. But we still want to know who's looked and us, and we certainly want to know if a man from our 'friends' list has looked.

Mrs"

Gotchya

Mrs

No, with filters and the way we've written our profile, we've managed to get messages down to about half a dozen a week. Not very many at all. "

Sounds a lot more manageable. That is good to hear

Having said that, on the occasions when we've been actively looking, we are reliant on men finding us. There a profiles we may well miss especially if the photos aren't that great, but if a man sends a really nice message and attaches a picture of his face then my attention is more likely to be picquet. I think we would miss out if we were totally reliant on us searching.

Mrs

Agreed, we have had some great people get in touch, had some meets and hope to have more

Hoping we'd cut down on it with our new profile but may need some tweaks

"Do people actually read a profile before messaging!!??

The other morning we had a guy message 5 times in an hour getting more and more bent out of shape cos we weren't replying... a few other persistant ones too

Is this normal?? Any advice other than using the block button would be appreciated "

My advice is don't sweat the small stuff.....

The solution to any frustration caused by the behaviour of other site members is one click way

"Do people actually read a profile before messaging!!??

Is this normal?? Any advice other than using the block button would be appreciated

My advice is don't sweat the small stuff.....

The solution to any frustration caused by the behaviour of other site members is one click way "

Thank you x its a shame people have to act that way but guess thats the joy of the internet

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

People who don't read profiles can make life easier and tough - they help you filter and block them but load your inbox.

If there's a common theme about who messages you who's unsuitable, maybe state boldly too- if reading completely not done, it may make no difference but worth a shot.

If I message someone new with the intention of hopefully, eventually, meeting then yes, I will always read their profile fully first. If I'm not for them then what's the point? It's a waste of my time and theirs if they want a 25yo hung black single guy isn't it?

I think very few read mine. Nobody ever asks me what's blonde, brunette, blonde, brunette so as a hook to message it's a pretty shit one really so I should probably lose it!

» Add a new message to this topic