FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fitbit

Fitbit

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone own a Fitbit charge 2 i would like to know what your thoughts on it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Anyone own a Fitbit charge 2 i would like to know what your thoughts on it "

No I don't but looking at getting a fitness tracker. Leaning towards the Garmin Vivosmart 3 over the fitbit though.

Yeah I do! It's alright I suppose.

Pssst, you can cheat and get your steps when brushing your teeth. Or just give your hand a shake

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"Yeah I do! It's alright I suppose.

Pssst, you can cheat and get your steps when brushing your teeth. Or just give your hand a shake "

Does it um work with maturation?

Asking for a friend

Think ill just go to the gym and not eat shit, im not that interested at how much steps i do

By *iss.RedWoman  over a year ago

somewhere

Pssst, you can cheat and get your steps when brushing your teeth. Or just give your hand a shake

Asking for a friend "

If you meant masturbation then it doesn't add steps for me no matter how much I fap

Asking for a friend "

Works for me

Asking for a friend

If you meant masturbation then it doesn't add steps for me no matter how much I fap"

You're doing it wrong

I got a fit bit called the wife.

"I got a fit bit called the wife. "

I will have to get myself one of those

somewhere

Asking for a friend

If you meant masturbation then it doesn't add steps for me no matter how much I fap

You're doing it wrong"

All those videos and you only tell me now??

I gave mine to my daughter cos it was making my pain worse in my wrist. Something to do with the magnetic impulses they use.

I did find it interesting for my sleep patterns and bpm.

PTU xxx

Asking for a friend

You're doing it wrong

All those videos and you only tell me now??"

I like watching you practice

somewhere

Asking for a friend

You're doing it wrong

All those videos and you only tell me now??

I like watching you practice"

They say practice makes perfect...guess I'll have to keep practising then

It's a gimmick !!

If you eat pizza and chips every day it doesn't matter how many steps you take !!

Being fit is about watching your diet and doing exercise that increases your heart

rate ....

I'm on my feet all day at work but doesn't mean I'm actually doing anything that is burning calories

"It's a gimmick !!

If you eat pizza and chips every day it doesn't matter how many steps you take !!

Being fit is about watching your diet and doing exercise that increases your heart

rate ....

I'm on my feet all day at work but doesn't mean I'm actually doing anything that is burning calories "

Shhhhhh, you will ruin it for me!

"It's a gimmick !!

rate ....

I'm on my feet all day at work but doesn't mean I'm actually doing anything that is burning calories "

Exavtly, if you want to eat shit, you need to start running, if your sweating your burning, i knew a bloke that would complete 10k in the gym everyday then be an hour in the sauna, he would drink at least 5 pints every night, not healthy but never put weight on

"It's a gimmick !!

rate ....

That's why I want one with a HR monitor, not 100% accurate but will at least give a base line to work from. Plus if it has gps it should be good for distances covered. The Vivosmart also has a rep counter for weights workouts plus phone notifications for most apps. I'm not a Garmin rep honest.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Anyone own a Fitbit charge 2 i would like to know what your thoughts on it "

Anita used to have one and found it a little clunky. Now has the charge instead.

I've got the Tomtom watch, it's much more sports focused than the fitbit but less "life wellness" focused.

Cal

G and I both have them, they provide some interesting stats and regardless of the metric and its absolute accuracy or not as long as it is consistent it gives you a benchmark and something to aim towards.

If I'm not going to get my steps I'll find a reason to go for a walk, and we compete to beat each other in the weekly total table. I was going to get G a Garmin but he wanted to have the competition to spur him on.

I like the HRM feature too and it comes out with a bpm or two of the machine at the gym. It's made me realise what I thought was a cardio workout wasn't really hard enough.

"It's a gimmick !!

rate ....

I'm on my feet all day at work but doesn't mean I'm actually doing anything that is burning calories

That's why I want one with a HR monitor, not 100% accurate but will at least give a base line to work from. Plus if it has gps it should be good for distances covered. The Vivosmart also has a rep counter for weights workouts plus phone notifications for most apps. I'm not a Garmin rep honest."

Still not selling it to me lol

Example I was on a 12hr shift at work yesterday and on my feet the majority of

it and at no point would my heartbeat had an excelleration, but I'm fairly certain I would have walked more steps than alot of people. ..

I could sit at a desk 5 days a week but eat a healthy diet and exercise a few times a week but take less steps, but would be fairly certain I would be healthier than someone who is counting

steps on fitbit

"It's a gimmick !!

rate ....

That's why I want one with a HR monitor, not 100% accurate but will at least give a base line to work from. Plus if it has gps it should be good for distances covered. The Vivosmart also has a rep counter for weights workouts plus phone notifications for most apps. I'm not a Garmin rep honest.

Still not selling it to me lol

Example I was on a 12hr shift at work yesterday and on my feet the majority of

it and at no point would my heartbeat had an excelleration, but I'm fairly certain I would have walked more steps than alot of people. ..

I could sit at a desk 5 days a week but eat a healthy diet and exercise a few times a week but take less steps, but would be fairly certain I would be healthier than someone who is counting

steps on fitbit"

I agree step counting on its own doesn't mean much, but with the other features some models have they can be useful. I wouldn't buy one that only counted steps but with a Heart Rate sensor plus GPS for route tracking I think they have their place.

By *hatterbox 2Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

I have the garmin vivosmart i love it

Ok so i will admit if it has other features that can monitor my heartrate and calories burned and consumed I would be tempted

I'm a single mum, work full time out of town, no car so walk to and from train station....

I workout at home in my livingroom on my days off, so rather than rely on my special grey jersey shorts to gage my weight ( don't ask, they are my scales, if my bum cheeks fall below the hem I've gained weight, if my bum cheeks are above the hem I've tonned up )

So getting back to I could be tempted, only if the fitbit monitored my heartrate and calories etc

"Ok so i will admit if it has other features that can monitor my heartrate and calories burned and consumed I would be tempted

I'm a single mum, work full time out of town, no car so walk to and from train station....

I workout at home in my livingroom on my days off, so rather than rely on my special grey jersey shorts to gage my weight ( don't ask, they are my scales, if my bum cheeks fall below the hem I've gained weight, if my bum cheeks are above the hem I've tonned up )

So getting back to I could be tempted, only if the fitbit monitored my heartrate and calories etc "

Yeah they can do all that. I don't actually own one btw just have an interest.

"Ok so i will admit if it has other features that can monitor my heartrate and calories burned and consumed I would be tempted

So getting back to I could be tempted, only if the fitbit monitored my heartrate and calories etc

Yeah they can do all that. I don't actually own one btw just have an interest. "

I'm going to Google it, I thought they were just a step counter

Yeah they can do all that. I don't actually own one btw just have an interest.

I'm going to Google it, I thought they were just a step counter"

Vivosmart 3 is what I'm thinking of getting

» Add a new message to this topic