Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have just had my employment terminated

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Is it cos of brexit?.

Sorry to hear that bro' but I can only assume there must be a legitimate reason?

Hope you find something else soon.

Good luck!

By *tarbeckCouple  over a year ago

york

"I have just had my employment terminated "
Why x

Oh fuck !

That happened to me twice in 3 years

Hope you find someone soon.

I was out of work 4 months last time and to be honest i wasn't in a great place then both mentally and physically but I've bounced back

Wellllllll, thats no good is it?

Sorry, old chap! If I was a woman, I'd offer you a hug.

But I'm not...

So... Handshake?

Fuck it, come here and hug me, you bastard.

In all seriousness though, that sucks. Hope you find something soon.

"Oh fuck !

That happened to me twice in 3 years

Hope you find someone soon.

I was out of work 4 months last time and to be honest i wasn't in a great place then both mentally and physically but I've bounced back "

Someone - something

By *ribsaMan  over a year ago

A box at end of your bed

Sorry to hear that It never good to loose any job these day

By *aughtyinguMan  over a year ago

swindon

*hugs*

What did you do to deserve that then?

Don't sit and dwell on it mate, get to a temp agency, keep the money coming in the meantime until you find something permanent

By *lkDomWhtSubBiCpleCouple  over a year ago

Somewhere / Everywhere /Kinksville

Sacked or made redundant ?

I have never had a performance review never had any performance goals never signed off from my probation never had a verbal written or final warnings for anything. But the HR director terminated my contract today for poor performance

"I have never had a performance review never had any performance goals never signed off from my probation never had a verbal written or final warnings for anything. But the HR director terminated my contract today for poor performance"

Hmmm I had similar. Very unpleasant. Well you have a right to pursue them at tribunal on these grounds.

By *inaryGuyMan  over a year ago

Near the River

Sorry to hear that, if you were there for a long time, you might be due some pay in lieu, long service etc. It's worth taking some time to think it through away from the work place if you think you have a case

Sorry, poor treatment. Hope you can find something soon x

"I have never had a performance review never had any performance goals never signed off from my probation never had a verbal written or final warnings for anything. But the HR director terminated my contract today for poor performance"

Surely they can't just do that without prior warnings, there are laws against such things. I'm no expert but arn't you supposed to get a verbal warning, then written and then a final warning prior to being sacked. What job is it if you don't mind saying.

Sorry to hear that, but I guess this was a new(ish) role then and you would be aware of the probation period? I'm no employment law expert but if you had no inclination at all they were worried about your performance you may have a case for unfair dismissal dependent on the wording / clauses around the probation in the contract.

I hope you find something new soon

"I have never had a performance review never had any performance goals never signed off from my probation never had a verbal written or final warnings for anything. But the HR director terminated my contract today for poor performance

Surely they can't just do that without prior warnings, there are laws against such things. I'm no expert but arn't you supposed to get a verbal warning, then written and then a final warning prior to being sacked. What job is it if you don't mind saying. "

My employer 'let me go' a week before I'd done two years. You have more rights after 2 years apparently.

Did me a favour anyway.

OP are they paying you for a notice period?

Ring citizens advice and see if they can offer a solution

"I have never had a performance review never had any performance goals never signed off from my probation never had a verbal written or final warnings for anything. But the HR director terminated my contract today for poor performance

Sorry to hear that, but I guess this was a new(ish) role then and you would be aware of the probation period? I'm no employment law expert but if you had no inclination at all they were worried about your performance you may have a case for unfair dismissal dependent on the wording / clauses around the probation in the contract.

I hope you find something new soon "

I have been with the company since November and had asked for my probation to be completed but never was

By *elson61Man  over a year ago

WELWYN GARDEN CITY

Hmmm I had similar. Very unpleasant. Well you have a right to pursue them at tribunal on these grounds. "

Sadly not, as you have to have been working for a company for two years now before you can go to an ET.

Hmmm I had similar. Very unpleasant. Well you have a right to pursue them at tribunal on these grounds. "

Only if he's been employed for longer than 2 years. In the first 2 years there is only come back if you're sacked and it was sexual or racial discrimination.

Hmmm I had similar. Very unpleasant. Well you have a right to pursue them at tribunal on these grounds.

Only if he's been employed for longer than 2 years. In the first 2 years there is only come back if you're sacked and it was sexual or racial discrimination."

What about if your employer just turns out to be a total c&£t

That job was wrong from the start. I left a company after 8 years to go work for them, and when I turned up on day 1 I found they had recruited two of us for the job not one

"Is it cos of brexit?."

By *ice_chocolateMan  over a year ago

Leamington Spa

I have just had my employment terminated

It's the Brexit and the rolling party effect. The worrying thing about it you have to have money to take them to the tribunal. So all in all you are screwed.

By *airymagicWoman  over a year ago

goblin city

So sorry xxx

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

You need proper advice but I think if you're still on probation they are within their rights.

It's a shock and a horrible thing to happen. Take time for it to sink in then plan your next move.

Good luck.

Sorry fella.

More free time to forum tho

#alwayslookfortheupside

"Ring citizens advice and see if they can offer a solution "
You must have rights........

By *unandbuckCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

Sorry to hear that. If you were there less than 2 years, you'll have very little comeback.

Can only be unfair dismissal in 1st two years if it was discriminatory, or you were taking some form of allowed leave. Otherwise, it's allowed. Your shorter probationary period doesn't come into it as far as I know.

Chin up, move on as quickly and positively as possible.

Get off here and on indeed there's thousands of jobs on there!! If you look there's a lot that say immediate starts. Might be a shit job but it's easier to find a job in a job!! Good luck!

By *obin_and_marionMan  over a year ago

Beaconsfield

That's unkawful... Speak to an employment lawyer or go to citizens advice

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

That's unkawful... Speak to an employment lawyer or go to citizens advice "

No point as he's not been there for two years .

Sorry op

Surely they can't just do that without prior warnings, there are laws against such things. I'm no expert but arn't you supposed to get a verbal warning, then written and then a final warning prior to being sacked. What job is it if you don't mind saying. "

Indeed there are. You need to have a read through the Employment Rights Act 1996

By *acmidsMan  over a year ago

birmingham

[Removed by poster at 08/06/17 17:05:57]

Sorry OP. Hope you find something else soon

Kinky

By *afftypeMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

OP. check that the company has a contractual disciplinary procedure first if it does then this may contravene the two year service rule

Ah that's shite, poor you

Hope you find something else soon x

By *horltzMan  over a year ago

heysham

I hope you find something new soon I have been with the company since November and had asked for my probation to be completed but never was"

Unfortunately having served less than two years , you have minimal rights , it's a harsh and unfair world we live in

Aw.I hope you find something new soon x

Sorry to hear. Will you take on some tem work for now?

I cant imagine losing my job. Difficult time, hope you find something else soon and with a company who appreciates all that you do.

Sorry to hear that fella. Get yer cv done tonight and get back on the search now. Don't fuck about hey!!

» Add a new message to this topic