FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fitting "punishment"

Fitting "punishment"

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Not in a sexual sense!!!!!!

You are in an accident where you hit a man standing behind his vehicle, causing catastrophic injuries.

16 months later the case finally comes to court and you are found guilty - what would you "expect" your punishment to be?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

How was the accident caused? Using a mobile? speeding? break malfunction?

Depends what factors were involved, were you drinking, was it dark or light, what were the weather conditions, how did you hit him, what was he doing standing behind his car, what type of road was it on? Details we need details then I'd tell you exactly what your sentence would be.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Whatever the judge decided.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

A fine as it was an 'accident' - my brakes failed and I was unable to stop despite evidence showing I was below the speed limit and the man was on top of his car in front of me high on drugs and slipped down the boot right in front of me.

3 points and £60 fine in UK

Life in prison in Texas

By *orum TrollWoman  over a year ago

•+• Access Denied •+•

you become his carer for the rest of his life. seems befitting.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"A fine as it was an 'accident' - my brakes failed and I was unable to stop despite evidence showing I was below the speed limit and the man was on top of his car in front of me high on drugs and slipped down the boot right in front of me."

Is there an engineer's report to say the brakes failed... and not due to insufficient maintenance?

Cal

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"A fine as it was an 'accident' - my brakes failed and I was unable to stop despite evidence showing I was below the speed limit and the man was on top of his car in front of me high on drugs and slipped down the boot right in front of me.

Is there an engineer's report to say the brakes failed... and not due to insufficient maintenance?

Cal "

Yeah definitely not my fault, guv

anything from a fine and points (but no ban) through to a couple of years custodial all depending on exact circumstances and mitigating/aggravating factors

What was the offence? What was the cause? Was speed a factor? What time of day was it? Was the road well lit? Why was the guy in the road? There are a million questions that need answering and examining before a balanced opinion can be given. I'm sure the magistrates or judge will have said answers to those questions before deciding on the penalty.

^^^^^ Exactly, pointless post really without details.

"Depends what factors were involved, were you drinking, was it dark or light, what were the weather conditions, how did you hit him, what was he doing standing behind his car, what type of road was it on? Details we need details then I'd tell you exactly what your sentence would be. "

DETAILS! Give her the details.

I want to hear what her sentence would be.

Locked in a cell with The empress sticking her tongue up his shit pipe for the next 10 years I should imagine.

"Depends what factors were involved, were you drinking, was it dark or light, what were the weather conditions, how did you hit him, what was he doing standing behind his car, what type of road was it on? Details we need details then I'd tell you exactly what your sentence would be.

Locked in a cell with The empress sticking her tongue up his shit pipe for the next 10 years I should imagine. "

I don't think I'd class that as a punishment

"^^^^^ Exactly, pointless post really without details. "

Oi, you owe me a jo blob

"Depends what factors were involved, were you drinking, was it dark or light, what were the weather conditions, how did you hit him, what was he doing standing behind his car, what type of road was it on? Details we need details then I'd tell you exactly what your sentence would be.

Locked in a cell with The empress sticking her tongue up his shit pipe for the next 10 years I should imagine. "

The ops a bird and that wouldn't be a punishment that would be a treat

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"

Cal

Yeah definitely not my fault, guv "

No case to answer...

"How was the accident caused? Using a mobile? speeding? break malfunction? "

None of the above

"you become his carer for the rest of his life. seems befitting."

Well done

"Depends what factors were involved, were you drinking, was it dark or light, what were the weather conditions, how did you hit him, what was he doing standing behind his car, what type of road was it on? Details we need details then I'd tell you exactly what your sentence would be. "

No not d*unk driver. Light. Rain but not heavy and no standing water on the road. Loading a trailer. Long straight road.

"A fine as it was an 'accident' - my brakes failed and I was unable to stop despite evidence showing I was below the speed limit and the man was on top of his car in front of me high on drugs and slipped down the boot right in front of me.

Brakes didn't fail. He failed to stop in time

Cal "

No not d*unk driver. Light. Rain but not heavy and no standing water on the road. Loading a trailer. Long straight road. "

Was the road a clearway? Was the rear of the trailer lit?

What was visibility like? Nightime? Daylight? Is the road well lit, or trees obscuring light?

No not d*unk driver. Light. Rain but not heavy and no standing water on the road. Loading a trailer. Long straight road.

What was visibility like? Nightime? Daylight? Is the road well lit, or trees obscuring light?"

What's a clear way?? The hazards were on. Daytime. Visibility for at least 300m prior to crash site

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

No not d*unk driver. Light. Rain but not heavy and no standing water on the road. Loading a trailer. Long straight road. "

Then how/why did you hit him?! Lapse of concentration? Fall asleep at the wheel? Reaching to get something out of glove compartment?

-Matt

Then how/why did you hit him?! Lapse of concentration? Fall asleep at the wheel? Reaching to get something out of glove compartment?

-Matt"

I didn't. My father was the victim

If he was loading a trailer then I assume he was in a layby or on the side of the road, it's a parked third party vehicle and it's a person that's been hit. What type of road was it on (speed limit for the road) any other factors, driver on a phone. It's too bloody vague, but if cps had enough evidence to bring it to court and for it to be actually found guilty then there's gonna be stuff you aren't telling us. What court was it magistrates or crown, guilty in crown is beyond all reasonable doubt, guilty in magistrates is a balance of probabilities so it's a bit easier to be found guilty in magistrates.

Not enough information for me I'm afraid to determine the sentence.

Can I just check that you weren;t the driver? And if you were the victim or connected to them then has the driver been sentenced already?

Because this thread could be contempt of court if you or someone else is awaiting sentencing

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

OP, maybe ask the legal representative or the driver..?

they will have a better idea than random strangers playing guess..

"Can I just check that you weren;t the driver? And if you were the victim or connected to them then has the driver been sentenced already?

Because this thread could be contempt of court if you or someone else is awaiting sentencing"

I don't drive and if I did wouldn't hit my father ffs!!! And of course or I wouldn't post this thread

in Lancashire

"OP, maybe ask the legal representative or the driver..?

they will have a better idea than random strangers playing guess.."

'of the driver..'

they will have a better idea than random strangers playing guess.."

I have my reasons for asking

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

What was visibility like? Nightime? Daylight? Is the road well lit, or trees obscuring light?"

Was the driver on their phone?

"Can I just check that you weren;t the driver? And if you were the victim or connected to them then has the driver been sentenced already?

Because this thread could be contempt of court if you or someone else is awaiting sentencing

I don't drive and if I did wouldn't hit my father ffs!!! And of course or I wouldn't post this thread"

But has the driver been sentenced? If they haven't then should you be discussing it publicly?

in Lancashire

I have my reasons for asking"

Now you have mentioned your Father then yes i see that..

By *ause and EffectCouple  over a year ago

Southampton

I have my reasons for asking"

Which are?

Ps sorry for your loss.

Barbados

-Matt

I didn't. My father was the victim"

Ahh. Sorry to hear that

Did the driver offer up any kind of explanation as to why they hit him?

-Matt

-Matt

Ahh. Sorry to hear that

They thought the car in front was indicating to turn right and didn't see my dad or his vehicle and trailer until it was too late

-Matt"

What was visibility like? Nightime? Daylight? Is the road well lit, or trees obscuring light?

What's a clear way?? The hazards were on. Daytime. Visibility for at least 300m prior to crash site "

A clearway is a road with restrictions of stopping.

What type of road is it, 300 metres is a long way which suggests a dual carriageway which promys the question why was the driver loading there? How safe was it to stop? Sentencing could well reflect that

Barbados

-Matt

Ahh. Sorry to hear that

They thought the car in front was indicating to turn right and didn't see my dad or his vehicle and trailer until it was too late

-Matt"

Sorry, I don't follow. Was your dad stationary in the middle of the road then?

-Matt

There will be a whole court case with full evidence to decide the sentence. BUT it won't satisfy anyone. The driver who killed my wife got a 3 month driving ban and few hundred fine, and had the nerve to appeal against it.

A clearway is a road with restrictions of stopping.

What type of road is it, 300 metres is a long way which suggests a dual carriageway which promys the question why was the driver loading there?

Single carriageway but main thoroughfare betwixt areas and residential.

Why does it beg the question about loading.

How safe was it to stop? Sentencing could well reflect that[/quote. Stopped legally to load. As was said in court.

"There will be a whole court case with full evidence to decide the sentence. BUT it won't satisfy anyone. The driver who killed my wife got a 3 month driving ban and few hundred fine, and had the nerve to appeal against it.

"

There was and, as you well know, satisfaction is way off. I'm sorry for your loss

By *orum TrollWoman  over a year ago

•+• Access Denied •+•

"you become his carer for the rest of his life. seems befitting..

Well done "

at least someone else acknowledges a disabled guy now exists.

Well having pieced it together, i;m assuming a charge of careless, driving. I;;ll hazard a guess at 6 points and a fine

"Well having pieced it together, i;m assuming a charge of careless, driving. I;;ll hazard a guess at 6 points and a fine"

Bingo

OP, I'm sorry for what happened to your dad, but you have given us a tiny snippet of information and are asking us to be judge and jury. We can't do that unless we are in possession of all the facts which were presented at court. You either need to give a details description of what happened or just tell us what offence the driver was convicted of and what sentence they got.

"OP, I'm sorry for what happened to your dad, but you have given us a tiny snippet of information and are asking us to be judge and jury. We can't do that unless we are in possession of all the facts which were presented at court. You either need to give a details description of what happened or just tell us what offence the driver was convicted of and what sentence they got. "

See above. I was wondering what you lot would think was fitting. Which is what I asked. And I have given quite a bit of info.

By *ilk_TreMan  over a year ago

Wherever the party is!

"OP, I'm sorry for what happened to your dad, but you have given us a tiny snippet of information and are asking us to be judge and jury. We can't do that unless we are in possession of all the facts which were presented at court. You either need to give a details description of what happened or just tell us what offence the driver was convicted of and what sentence they got.

See above. I was wondering what you lot would think was fitting. Which is what I asked. And I have given quite a bit of info. "

Well not quite. Two things I would need to know are 1) Why the driver failed to stop in time and 2) What injuries did the victim receive.

Also, do we know if the defendant made some admission of guilt which meant they were offered a reduced sentence? You're asking laymen to do the job of learned professionals. Personally, if I was unhappy with a sentence I'd be seeking advice regarding an appeal. From a proper solicitor though.

Locked in a cell with The empress sticking her tongue up his shit pipe for the next 10 years I should imagine.

The ops a bird and that wouldn't be a punishment that would be a treat "

Wasn't aware of sprouted plumage!!!

Okay, imagine you were the driver. You are driving along a main thoroughfare, breaking no laws. You see a vehicle in front of you indicating to turn right, That vehicle is obscuring the view ahead. When it completes it's Vandoeuvre you realise it was infact indicating to overtake a stationary vehicle. You brake but too late and collide with a pedestrian stood behind the stationary car.

What do you think should be the appropriate punishment?

"Okay, imagine you were the driver. You are driving along a main thoroughfare, breaking no laws. You see a vehicle in front of you indicating to turn right, That vehicle is obscuring the view ahead. When it completes it's Vandoeuvre you realise it was infact indicating to overtake a stationary vehicle. You brake but too late and collide with a pedestrian stood behind the stationary car.

What do you think should be the appropriate punishment?"

That's my question to you lot

"Okay, imagine you were the driver. You are driving along a main thoroughfare, breaking no laws. You see a vehicle in front of you indicating to turn right, That vehicle is obscuring the view ahead. When it completes it's Vandoeuvre you realise it was infact indicating to overtake a stationary vehicle. You brake but too late and collide with a pedestrian stood behind the stationary car.

That's my question to you lot "

Yes but you clearly think it inadequate and are looking at it from your perspective

Yes but you clearly think it inadequate and are looking at it from your perspective"

What makes you say that? How do you "know" what I'm thinking????

Yes but you clearly think it inadequate and are looking at it from your perspective

What makes you say that? How do you "know" what I'm thinking???? "

Because you clearly don;t think ythat the sentence was too harsh

What makes you say that? How do you "know" what I'm thinking????

Because you clearly don;t think ythat the sentence was too harsh"

How have I imparted any of my thoughts on this by asking the question what would be fitting. Bear in mind that there are always mitigating circumstances, three sides to every story and I'm a firm believer in the lore of thrice fold

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Sorry Op about your dad. Member of our extended family was killed outright and nephew left with life changing injuries. The lorry driver ' had a coughing fit' and hit him straight on. The case has been dropped. Very very difficult, it was a pure accident. Family are appealing. You never really know..

By *ilk_TreMan  over a year ago

Wherever the party is!

What do you think should be the appropriate punishment?"

Now this is so different from the way that the OP has presented the case.

We still don't know what happened to the pedestrian but I would assume life changing if not life threatening injuries.

I hope that some sense of closure can be found in the civil courts. At least it has been established that the driver isn't completely blameless.

Now this is so different from the way that the OP has presented the case.

We still don't know what happened to the pedestrian but I would assume life changing if not life threatening injuries.

I hope that some sense of closure can be found in the civil courts. At least it has been established that the driver isn't completely blameless."

If you read through the drip feeding of cicumstances I think this is pretty much what happened

» Add a new message to this topic