FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > dress code

dress code

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Met a guy last night. Came in jeans and t shirt and fleece. I was dress up. Felt like walking away. Come up guys make the effect. Us woman do. What do You think?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I agree we make an effort

By *nked_kittenWoman  over a year ago

Ankh Morpork

I normally prefer guys in the jeans and tshirt look. I hate polo shirts or anything too formal with jeans. Never liked shoes and jeans on a guy either

Though I'm a big fan of suits, I'd rather it was more relaxed most of the time

"Met a guy last night. Came in jeans and t shirt and fleece. I was dress up. Felt like walking away. Come up guys make the effect. Us woman do. What do You think? "

Met a guy for a social or a play meet?

If it's for a social, yes I'll make an effort. If it's playing with someone I've already met then I've rocked up in board shorts vest and flip flops before

Alternatively, that same person just had a spotty dressing gown on with some right dodgy slippers

All depends on the location of the initial meet, the type of meet (social, straight to room etc) and the scene or scenario we have planned. Also the time of day too.

More details?

J

"J"

Jeans and polo shirt work just fine for me

Jeans and t shirt are ok with me x

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I don't see what's wrong with jeans and a t-shirt? If it was a really wanky bar I'd be a bit but my effort consists of a t-shirt dress and pumps these days. Oh and trying to tame the 'fro.

Maybe say you like men to 'make the effort' on messages or your profile?

I am assuming he didn't stink and had shaved here.

I think people have different dress codes regardless of gender.

If I have a social with the potential of more, as most of my meets are, I tend to do nice jeans, a pretty top that can be dressed up or down, nice flat ballet type shoes or boots, normal make up and nice jewellery and my best bra and knickers underneath, and I'd rather a male meet be dressed in a similar nice but casual way, rather than really dressed up.

Dress code would depend on the venue I guess?

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

If it's a social jeans/t shirt is fine with me so long as the jeans are smartish and the t shirt has been ironed and doesn't have sweat patches on I don't mind trainers either as long as they are clean. Although if a guy has made more of an effort with his appearance overal it is more noticeable, especially on the first meet.

By *ANDA2Couple  over a year ago

Henley Arden

'Met a guy last night. Came in jeans and t shirt and fleece'

For him that may of been dressed up

Nice Jeans and T Shirt can look hot though- ( James Dean / Bruce Springsteen etc) . Just lose the fleece. Oh and no trainers either.

The question is did he make up for it later ??

"I don't see what's wrong with jeans and a t-shirt? If it was a really wanky bar I'd be a bit but my effort consists of a t-shirt dress and pumps these days. Oh and trying to tame the 'fro.

I am assuming he didn't stink and had shaved here."

I don't even do dresses.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

"I don't see what's wrong with jeans and a t-shirt? If it was a really wanky bar I'd be a bit but my effort consists of a t-shirt dress and pumps these days. Oh and trying to tame the 'fro.

I don't even do dresses. "

You're missing out. You pop them on and off you go. I wear them for ease and lack of thought!

I had a guy turn up for a social once wearing a tracksuit.....and carrying a woman's handbag....

I don't even do dresses.

You're missing out. You pop them on and off you go. I wear them for ease and lack of thought! "

Ah, to be fair, if I had a meet on a hot day I'd just pop a maxi dress on and swish. I'm good at swishing

Id make an effort as i believe first impressions really do matter..

Id probs just ask 'sooo.. what you gonna be wearing then'.. and get an idea so i dont over dress the situation..

jeans t-shirt sounds pretty lush to me

"I don't even do dresses. "

You've killer pins... you should deffo rock a skater dress or something

I agree. First impression count

Lol. What did You do . I would have ran away.

"I don't even do dresses.

You've killer pins... you should deffo rock a skater dress or something "

I know

I do have dresses, but I tend to mainly wear maxi dresses because they mean I don't have to shave my legs and they don't fly up.

I do have a little pin up style halter dress with a pattern of roses and skulls and a black net underskirt that I love, but it's white and me in white just attracts all the stains like a magnet!

I know

I do have dresses, but I tend to mainly wear maxi dresses because they mean I don't have to shave my legs and they don't fly up.

I do have a little pin up style halter dress with a pattern of roses and skulls and a black net underskirt that I love, but it's white and me in white just attracts all the stains like a magnet!"

When i get a better shape to my legs i cant wait to rock a dress like you just described.. hellbunny do some lush ones

I dress for me. Which means a meet will get me in black jeans, DMS,and a t-shirt or possibly a shirt. Which is what I wear pretty much all the time.

If someone thinks I'm scruffy or not made an effort so be it. The whole point of a social is to establish compatibility and clearly we wouldn't be

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"I had a guy turn up for a social once wearing a tracksuit.....and carrying a woman's handbag...."

I had a coffee with a guy who had an under layer on as an over layer, I think, I was too scared to take a closer look. Thank God he didn't have a hand bag though!!

I know

I do have a little pin up style halter dress with a pattern of roses and skulls and a black net underskirt that I love, but it's white and me in white just attracts all the stains like a magnet!

When i get a better shape to my legs i cant wait to rock a dress like you just described.. hellbunny do some lush ones "

They are such a pretty style and so damn flattering too

"Met a guy last night. Came in jeans and t shirt and fleece. I was dress up. Felt like walking away. Come up guys make the effect. Us woman do. What do You think? "

A fuckin fleece? Really???

Jeans and T shirt is basically me all over. Sorry.

I like man to wear a shirt for a night out, and most of the men we've met do wear a shirt. Besides and I find men very quick to start expressing how they'd like me to to dress, and I will within reason oblige, so the least they can do is the same for me.

Mrs

I had an impromptu social last week, rocked up in shorts and a tshirt, she didnt seem to mind

Its all dependent on your dress sense

You can look good and even smart in jeans and a tee

But yeah you can look like a hobo too

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

I don't mind jeans and a tshirt,fleece may be pushing it a bit depends how good looking he is. I once had someone turn up with jeans and trainers on now that wasn't great! I prefer something more casual on a first meet incase I don't like them face to face

Jeans and plims FTW

I wear what i'm comfortable in. If were going for a posh meal then i'll put shoes and shirt on, other wise its trainers, jeans and a tshirt

Lot of guys feeling that it's not important to dress up for a meet. Curious as to whether the same guys have a view on what women wear for a meet. Do guys want heels, short skirts etc or are you happy for women to wear jeans and trainers for a meet. My experience is that men want me to dress in a certain way, but maybe that's just the men I meet.

Mrs

"Lot of guys feeling that it's not important to dress up for a meet. Curious as to whether the same guys have a view on what women wear for a meet. Do guys want heels, short skirts etc or are you happy for women to wear jeans and trainers for a meet. My experience is that men want me to dress in a certain way, but maybe that's just the men I meet.

Mrs"

In all honbest you user name alone means I would expect a certain standard of dress if I met you. But equally I would percieve your exception of a meet to be such you wouldn't want a meet in jeans and a t-shirt.

But personally I would never dream of telling or even suggesting what a meet should wear

Am i alone in struggling with the implication that casual equates to mot making an effort?

"Lot of guys feeling that it's not important to dress up for a meet. Curious as to whether the same guys have a view on what women wear for a meet. Do guys want heels, short skirts etc or are you happy for women to wear jeans and trainers for a meet. My experience is that men want me to dress in a certain way, but maybe that's just the men I meet.

Mrs

In all honbest you user name alone means I would expect a certain standard of dress if I met you. But equally I would percieve your exception of a meet to be such you wouldn't want a meet in jeans and a t-shirt.

But personally I would never dream of telling or even suggesting what a meet should wear"

If you don't ask you don't get Though I do put my foot down to pencil skirts lol

Mrs"

Women are free to dress how ever they want. If a woman came to my house in a pair of tracksuit bottoms and a baggy t shirt, I wouldn't mind, its the person I want to get to know

Surely it depends on the situation? I'm not going to get suited up for a couple of drinks down the local.

I might only be a T Shirt and Jeans man but I wear predominantly Hugo Boss, Diesel & Gio-Goi.

So ..I guess. I'm an expensive looking bum.

Like some have said everyone has different ideas.

Personally I always make an effort trousers or smart jeans and a nicely ironed shirt for a social and a meet, just how I am,

I wear work uniform all week and scruffs when I'm off and working doing odd jobs etc.is good to make an effort

Mrs

Women are free to dress how ever they want. If a woman came to my house in a pair of tracksuit bottoms and a baggy t shirt, I wouldn't mind, its the person I want to get to know"

I would probably take more that view if I were dating and therefore wanting to get to know someone in a truer sense. But swinging, and especially Hotwifing, to me is about fantasy, so I will do what I have to do (within reason) to be that man's fantasy.

Mrs

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"I might only be a T Shirt and Jeans man but I wear predominantly Hugo Boss, Diesel & Gio-Goi.

So ..I guess. I'm an expensive looking bum."

The make is of no interest to me I wouldn't even notice to be honest,if he's clean and the clothes fit well they could be from Primark for all I care

I always make an effort to dress well. People don't seem to care as much now

» Add a new message to this topic