FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Anyone else fed up of the racial hate spawning

Anyone else fed up of the racial hate spawning

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *apascouse OP   Man  over a year ago

Liverpool

Ever since these attacks have happened everyone I see is jumping on the racist bandwagon blaming Muslims. Am I the only one who sees past it?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Ever since these attacks have happened everyone I see is jumping on the racist bandwagon blaming Muslims. Am I the only one who sees past it? "

No . Quite Frankly. You are not.

Liverpool

"Ever since these attacks have happened everyone I see is jumping on the racist bandwagon blaming Muslims. Am I the only one who sees past it?

No . Quite Frankly. You are not."

Thank you, it seems every one I speak to anywhere just listens to the dribble the media portrays

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

The earlier posts on here about the recent attacks have actually been very balanced, with one or two horrible exceptions. I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when that opinion is based on mindless rhetoric they've seen on notorious websites then it can be safely ignored.

However, the ability of people to blame others for things going wrong, when those things are also going wrong for the people they're blaming, is depressingly obvious these days.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Ever since these attacks have happened everyone I see is jumping on the racist bandwagon blaming Muslims. Am I the only one who sees past it?

Thank you, it seems every one I speak to anywhere just listens to the dribble the media portrays "

There's loads of racist shit out there but also loads of people that see past it.

I work with loads of muslims and they are appalled by whats happened

Liverpool

Most people do not realise that the most people killed by terrorism worldwide are muslim

It's always the way... I despise the blame culture like that, it's ignorant and stirs up hatred. Decent Muslims suffer due to ignorance by pricks that choose to blame them all.

Another group of arseholes the EDL were in Liverpool yesterday... love the video of them getting walked back to Lime street with the benny hill music playing

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Most people do not realise that the most people killed by terrorism worldwide are muslim"

Quite. Hardly a scream went out for all the dead in Kabul this week.

Liverpool

"It's always the way... I despise the blame culture like that, it's ignorant and stirs up hatred. Decent Muslims suffer due to ignorance by pricks that choose to blame them all.

Another group of arseholes the EDL were in Liverpool yesterday... love the video of them getting walked back to Lime street with the benny hill music playing "

I chuckled at that video earlier today

This

"Most people do not realise that the most people killed by terrorism worldwide are muslim

Quite. Hardly a scream went out for all the dead in Kabul this week. "

Sadly, this is not a new thing and has been happening as long as there has been "civilisation"

I' hate every including me self lol

By *iss.HoneyWoman  over a year ago

"Sadly, this is not a new thing and has been happening as long as there has been "civilisation" "

This "

The early hours of this morning were the worst, I was on here reading at about 2am and it was awful. At least today a few more level headed posters have been contributing, last night I was genuinely shocked. I've never felt the need to block anyone before but blocked 7 last night

This

"

"Ever since these attacks have happened everyone I see is jumping on the racist bandwagon blaming Muslims. Am I the only one who sees past it? "

No I dislike people who tar people with the same brush

The same way that everyone tars Catholic priests and the Catholic Church with the same brush when a priest gets done for paedophila.

Liverpool

"The same way that everyone tars Catholic priests and the Catholic Church with the same brush when a priest gets done for paedophila."

Or the IRA

i went to the shop earlier and stood by the newspapers waiting to pay - one fella made a comment about the headlines - something along the lines 'its all bad news atm ' - other woman replied just send them all back home - slaps head against nearest brick wall

They should make death by sausage a legal punishment

"The same way that everyone tars Catholic priests and the Catholic Church with the same brush when a priest gets done for paedophila.

Or the IRA "

What's the IRA got to do with my post?

Think about it lol

"The same way that everyone tars Catholic priests and the Catholic Church with the same brush when a priest gets done for paedophila."

That's a bit different. The Catholic Church did its level best to discredit victims and hush the whole thing up.

No. I havent noticed anything.

"The same way that everyone tars Catholic priests and the Catholic Church with the same brush when a priest gets done for paedophila.

That's a bit different. The Catholic Church did its level best to discredit victims and hush the whole thing up. "

I'm just saying there were and are priests who didn't abuse anyone but they still get tarred under the umbrella of the Catholic Church just as some people tar all Muslims as evil.

It's sad. There are good and evil people of all faiths, colours, nationalities.

"Most people do not realise that the most people killed by terrorism worldwide are muslim"

In early November, German Chancellor Angela Merkel declared that Christianity is “the most persecuted religion in the world.” Although met with predictable criticism, Rupert Short’s recent research report for Civitas UK confirms Merkel’s claim — we may not want to hear it, but Christianity is in peril, like no other religion. While this is a contest no one wants to win, Short shows that “Christians are targeted more than any other body of believers.” Short is the author of the recently published Christianophobia: A Faith Under Attack. He is concerned that “200 million Christians (10 percent of the global total) are socially disadvantaged, harassed or actively oppressed for their beliefs.”

Christianity is facing elimination in its Biblical homeland. Between a half and two-thirds of Christians in the Middle East have departed or been killed over the past century. Short attributes the intolerance and violence towards Christians to the rising Islamicization of Middle Eastern countries. Some of the oppression is government sanctioned and some government permitted; most is government ignored.

"Most people do not realise that the most people killed by terrorism worldwide are muslim....

In early November, German Chancellor Angela Merkel declared that Christianity is “the most persecuted religion in the world.” Although met with predictable criticism, Rupert Short’s recent research report for Civitas UK confirms Merkel’s claim — we may not want to hear it, but Christianity is in peril, like no other religion. While this is a contest no one wants to win, Short shows that “Christians are targeted more than any other body of believers.” Short is the author of the recently published Christianophobia: A Faith Under Attack. He is concerned that “200 million Christians (10 percent of the global total) are socially disadvantaged, harassed or actively oppressed for their beliefs.”

Christianity is facing elimination in its Biblical homeland. Between a half and two-thirds of Christians in the Middle East have departed or been killed over the past century. Short attributes the intolerance and violence towards Christians to the rising Islamicization of Middle Eastern countries. Some of the oppression is government sanctioned and some government permitted; most is government ignored. "

You're conflating persecution with killing. Although there are many Christians who are actually murdered because of their beliefs, sometimes even by state sanctioned murder, they are not being killed in the 100s daily by planes from the west as collateral damage because our governments don't like their leaders.

There will always be "ism's" and idiots who promote them.

It's not Muslim at all it's about extremeism nutters nothing more if all inter grated and show respect for one and other faith ect there would be no problem but this is not the case anymore

"There will always be "ism's" and idiots who promote them. "

I hate prisms and how they split up and divide those colours. Let the colours be united! Damn -isms

By *orum TrollWoman  over a year ago

•+• Access Denied •+•

it's rupert shortt also.

as for the OP, i think some people geuninely are dumb and jump on the racist bandwagon but a lot of people are actually racist and use this kind of thing as an excuse to be themselves.

It's a tragically recurring theme through history whereupon a group or nation claim to be doing what is right in the name of a religion. But that religion actually abhors violence and the act of killing another being.

So much hate fuelled by mistrust, fear and warping of the truth or outright lies. Seeing it all so prevalent in the here and now is gut-wrenchingly saddening

By *elson61Man  over a year ago

WELWYN GARDEN CITY

And there was me thinking that muslims follow a religion and are not a race.

More people who don't know what they are talking about

"Most people do not realise that the most people killed by terrorism worldwide are muslim....

Christianity is facing elimination in its Biblical homeland. Between a half and two-thirds of Christians in the Middle East have departed or been killed over the past century. Short attributes the intolerance and violence towards Christians to the rising Islamicization of Middle Eastern countries. Some of the oppression is government sanctioned and some government permitted; most is government ignored.

You're conflating persecution with killing. Although there are many Christians who are actually murdered because of their beliefs, sometimes even by state sanctioned murder, they are not being killed in the 100s daily by planes from the west as collateral damage because our governments don't like their leaders."

In 1990, there were over 1.2 million Christians in Iraq but by the end of 2003, there were fewer than 500,000; in 2013, there are fewer than 200,000 Iraqi Christians.

While Iraqi Sunnis and Shiites are deeply divided, they are united in their persecution of Christians. Bishops and priests have been taken hostage and tortured; churches are bombed, killing and injuring Christians. The message, sometimes sent in letter containing a bullet, has been delivered: “Christians should leave or die.”

•+• Access Denied •+•

you know what else? a lot of these people have not been, and never will be, affected by terrorists. and their blood pressure is just rising anyway, they're angry over pretty much nothing other than their own hate.

dunno if they should be pitied or just laughed at.

And there was me thinking that muslims follow a religion and are not a race."

There's interesting articles on Orientalism, pre-dating the term Islamophobia and the "othering" that goes on -- that a lot of current argument is that it makes sense to talk about anti-Muslim bigotry — both as expressed by the Trump administration eg. the "Muslim ban" and in general — as a kind of racism, it's important to understand about the roots of Islamophobia, and about how racial categories can shift with the political winds -- rather than making the perhaps over simplified statement that it just isn't semantically racist. Many non-Muslims are additionally victims of Islamophobia simply because they have a ethnicity or race deemed "other".

By *mcouple1Couple  over a year ago

nr warrington

This "

Islam is not a race it's an ideology. Muslims are followers of Islam they are not a race.

This Islam is not a race it's an ideology. Muslims are followers of Islam they are not a race. "

Point above.

nr warrington

To add we despise racists a child is born in a country the colour of it's skin or the country it was born in makes the child no different than my children.

nr warrington

"There will always be "ism's" and idiots who promote them.

I hate prisms and how they split up and divide those colours. Let the colours be united! Damn -isms "

Racist prisms trying to divide us.

nr warrington

This Islam is not a race it's an ideology. Muslims are followers of Islam they are not a race.

Point above. "

That is why I should not be called a racist when criticizing Islam or Muslims.

By *elson61Man  over a year ago

WELWYN GARDEN CITY

There's interesting articles on Orientalism, pre-dating the term Islamophobia and the "othering" that goes on -- that a lot of current argument is that it makes sense to talk about anti-Muslim bigotry — both as expressed by the Trump administration eg. the "Muslim ban" and in general — as a kind of racism, it's important to understand about the roots of Islamophobia, and about how racial categories can shift with the political winds -- rather than making the perhaps over simplified statement that it just isn't semantically racist. Many non-Muslims are additionally victims of Islamophobia simply because they have a ethnicity or race deemed "other". "

Bigotry is a far better term for it than racist. It makes more sense to discuss it in those terms, in the same way the bigotry towards Christians in some parts of the world also needs more scrutiny

If it's nothing to do with Muslims we'd have Sikhs beheading people, Catholics flying planes into skyscrapers and Hindus blowing up children.

Of course it's a Muslim thing. They are very true to Islam by the very fact they copy exactly what the prophet Muhammed himself did... crusade across "infidel" lands maiming and killing. ISIS are the purest Muslims there are, they literally live the prophecy.

nr warrington

"If it's nothing to do with Muslims we'd have Sikhs beheading people, Catholics flying planes into skyscrapers and Hindus blowing up children.

Of course it's a Muslim thing. They are very true to Islam by the very fact they copy exactly what the prophet Muhammed himself did... crusade across "infidel" lands maiming and killing. ISIS are the purest Muslims there are, they literally live the prophecy."

Exactly this. They are following the perfect human being. One that is so perfect it can not be drawn as a stick figure. The man who had a 6 year old wife. The who flew to The heavens on a winged white horse. Religion is such bollocks.

it wasn't long before the spawners of racist hate turned up and started to spawn racist hate

I agree with you mate. Some people are bloody stupid.

nr warrington

Call me a bigot all day. I have no problem being labelled a bigot . Racist no .

Yes

There's interesting articles on Orientalism, pre-dating the term Islamophobia and the "othering" that goes on -- that a lot of current argument is that it makes sense to talk about anti-Muslim bigotry — both as expressed by the Trump administration eg. the "Muslim ban" and in general — as a kind of racism, it's important to understand about the roots of Islamophobia, and about how racial categories can shift with the political winds -- rather than making the perhaps over simplified statement that it just isn't semantically racist. Many non-Muslims are additionally victims of Islamophobia simply because they have a ethnicity or race deemed "other".

Bigotry is a far better term for it than racist. It makes more sense to discuss it in those terms, in the same way the bigotry towards Christians in some parts of the world also needs more scrutiny"

Oh I don't disagree. It's just there's much more debate around now that racist as a word can be applied, twas the only point I was proffering.

One problem is the thought process that goes... dark skin + muslim looking = terrorist. This uses recent events to pursue a racist agenda.

Another problem is the thought process that goes... all these terrorists were inspired by Islam therefore Islam must be evil. This uses recent events to pursue an anti-Islamic agenda (be it atheist, Christian, etc)

But a final problem is the thought process that goes... the mindset that leads someone to become a terrorist or pedophile has absolutely nothing to do with the Faiths.

The pattern is pretty clear. These problems may not relate to ethnicity or creed but they definitely do relate to the Faiths. It's not solely a socio-economic problem imo

Weird and great that you can have this kind of chat while scrolling past profile pictures of cock, tits and fanny! Try this chat on facebook and you will get slaughtered!

Regarding Iraq, what happened in that same year, 2003!

When will somebody have the balls in the media or Parliament to take our government to task. We have been poking our noses where we are not wanted for to long, ot 10/20 years, but hundreds, the only people that pay are innocent people across europe and the middle east now even further. We destabilise and screw up countries and chose a leader to suit us not the population. We now know why Saddam ruled with an iron fist, its that bad, Iraqi people want to go back! And guess who put him in power.

The Balfour agreement or treaty or whatever they called it, Saddam, Assad, Iran, Philippines, Syria, Libya, Korea, Somalia, Africa in general, Saudi Arabia, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan! Iran Could be next.

Saudi are hammering Yemen killing civilians every day, with weapons we are selling, will we step in, will we fuck!

I am so pissed off with being told to carry on and act like normal because we are British and they wont beat us, how many more kids across the world have to die before we stop this madness.

Guess who was Home Secretary while Mi6 where encouraging UK Muslims to go to Libya then Syria to fight against their corrupt leaders? Guess what, those people are now war experienced ticking time bombs and were fighting along side jihadists with our blessing!

And Teresa May has not got the balls to attend a debate! Disgrace!

Rant over!

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Twitter and Facebook have been full of absolute shite spewed by gobshites today.

Not helped by Theresa May saying enough is enough, trying to gain votes for Thursday and stirring up the bigots.

Very good point, campaigning is suspended until opportunity like that arrives!

"If it's nothing to do with Muslims we'd have Sikhs beheading people, Catholics flying planes into skyscrapers and Hindus blowing up children.

Of course it's a Muslim thing. They are very true to Islam by the very fact they copy exactly what the prophet Muhammed himself did... crusade across "infidel" lands maiming and killing. ISIS are the purest Muslims there are, they literally live the prophecy."

Shush now and learn to except your a racist bigot islamophobe!

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

i have no problem with Muslims or other cultures, but i do think they should halt all immigration to this country. and deport all hate preachers and illegals and bring in tough rules, enter illegally and deported. etc.

people will blame that particular race until something is done to stop them, as in that culture killings is normal to them, no government will and cant until eu human rights is removed.

this type of attacks will not be the last, there will be more until you get a grip with the situation.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

this..

as someone else has said some people just need someone to direct their hate at, its part of their psyche..

We are all entitled to an opinion, and a good point. You have also answered the problem.

ISIS portray them selves as pure, and take the book literally! Which is why they are so barbaric, that book was written, by man, in a brutal time.

ISIS also rock up in brand new Toyota pick ups with Us, Russian or wherever made .50 mac_ine guns on the back! They use mobiles, drones and allsorts.

They are as many before them from many faiths using the religion for there own agenda. And guess what mujahedeen, Al-Qaeda and ISIS can be traced to CIA dirty finger prints.

Bad grammar and spelling, ranting to fast!

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Hate will never overcome love...

Those who hate will always be unfulfilled.

Tonight Manchester shows the world that

Love conquers all

# One love

"Hate will never overcome love...

Love conquers all

# One love"

I'm sorry but I get the sentiment but its utter bollocks, on its own what you say is true. But we change our facebook profile pics to some flag with a heart or whatever and say prey for xyz, then a week later we are watching love island, bitching all over facebook and not paying attention to anything that really matters.

Then bang, a bomb, stabbing, vehicle used as a weapon and we repeat the cycle.

Same actions, same outcome.

Don't take that personal, love is better than hate, but Love won't diffuse a bomb!

"Hate will never overcome love...

Love conquers all

# One love

I'm sorry but I get the sentiment but its utter bollocks, on its own what you say is true. But we change our facebook profile pics to some flag with a heart or whatever and say prey for xyz, then a week later we are watching love island, bitching all over facebook and not paying attention to anything that really matters.

Then bang, a bomb, stabbing, vehicle used as a weapon and we repeat the cycle.

Same actions, same outcome.

Don't take that personal, love is better than hate, but Love won't diffuse a bomb! "

Totally agree - am actually fed up of hearing all this bollocks. Something needs to be done to sort the problem once and for all. We really have become a nation of apologists haven't we?

To be honest until we change at the top and drop our imperialist BS we will be apologising for all the shit we have done, we are disliked for a reason.

But you are right, we need to start looking after this country and leave people alone.

By *eepndarkMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

The Daily Hate Mail, Sun and Express love stirring it up.

By *odramamaleMan  over a year ago

near

Maybe if the non extremist muslims stood up and protested about the atrocities being committed in the name of their faith people might start believing they dont condone it.

Islam is the biggest threat to humanity yet even more so than the nazis. The arabic clerics dont have much of a problem radicalizing muslims as the haddiths in the koran talk of seizing and killing the unbeliever throughout. Its easy for a cleric just to say when trying to radicialize " everything you need to do to become a good muslim is in the koran."

Outlaw Islam and roman cathology and all the other fairy tales.

Some of you should really take a peek out from behind your rainbow, your libralism is nearly as dangerous as religion.

"Maybe if the non extremist muslims stood up and protested about the atrocities being committed in the name of their faith people might start believing they dont condone it.

Islam is the biggest threat to humanity yet even more so than the nazis. The arabic clerics dont have much of a problem radicalizing muslims as the haddiths in the koran talk of seizing and killing the unbeliever throughout. Its easy for a cleric just to say when trying to radicialize " everything you need to do to become a good muslim is in the koran."

Some of you should really take a peek out from behind your rainbow, your libralism is nearly as dangerous as religion."

-- the username!!!

"Maybe if the non extremist muslims stood up and protested about the atrocities being committed in the name of their faith people might start believing they dont condone it.

Some of you should really take a peek out from behind your rainbow, your libralism is nearly as dangerous as religion."

As is your broad brush and your blindfold...

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

When, as has been happening, moderate Muslims decry these heinous acts, they don't get a mention. Ignoring their condemnation, and claiming they are not speaking out, is a choice. Just as hate is a choice.

No I think every sound minded person can, tends to be the stereotypical sun newspaper reader that believes sensationalist headlines and tends to be racist and bigoted.

"Maybe if the non extremist muslims stood up and protested about the atrocities being committed in the name of their faith people might start believing they dont condone it."

They do.

[Removed by poster at 04/06/17 22:22:29]

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

they do condemn it, every time and to be honest in saying that you've fallen straight into the bollocks that is that you and i as white males should be on the streets protesting every time another white male murders a child, woman or whomever..

surely if we do so it will stop all crime by white males..?

in outlawing religion your avoiding the bloody obvious fact that it is not all of those faiths or all parts of their teachings that is the issue, its

nut jobs who if they didn't have a faith to use as an excuse would just find another excuse..

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"

I do not see how banning Religion would solve anything. To outlaw a belief system will only push it underground and create sympathy for and support for extremist groups. As I have said before, force someone to choose between God and country and there will only ever be one outcome.

Islamic Terrorism is a cancer within the Muslim community which must be removed. Failing to make the distinction between Muslims and Islamic terrorists achieves nothing.

"

Some of you should really take a peek out from behind your rainbow, your libralism is nearly as dangerous as religion.

I do not see how banning Religion would solve anything. To outlaw a belief system will only push it underground and create sympathy for and support for extremist groups. As I have said before, force someone to choose between God and country and there will only ever be one outcome.

Islamic Terrorism is a cancer within the Muslim community which must be removed. Failing to make the distinction between Muslims and Islamic terrorists achieves nothing."

The mother of one of the victims said tonight that it was nothing to do with religion. If there was no religion they would think of another reason. Getting rid of religion doesn't get rid of evil.

"Twitter and Facebook have been full of absolute shite spewed by gobshites today.

Not helped by Theresa May saying enough is enough, trying to gain votes for Thursday and stirring up the bigots. "

I've been genuinely shocked by what I've read on Facebook today. Anyone who disagreed was set upon like a pack of wolves. It reminded me of Lord of the Flies. It wasn't nice reading at all and not even rational.

"

Islamic Terrorism is a cancer within the Muslim community which must be removed. Failing to make the distinction between Muslims and Islamic terrorists achieves nothing."

By *0shadesOfFilthMan  over a year ago

nearby

The conservative government, since 2010 has increased arms licences enabling the sale of two thirds of UK manufactured arms to the middle east. 46% are sold to Saudi, who's sponsorship of IS is in question.

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS  over a year ago

London&Dublin

"

In 1990, there were over 1.2 million Christians in Iraq but by the end of 2003, there were fewer than 500,000; in 2013, there are fewer than 200,000 Iraqi Christians.

While Iraqi Sunnis and Shiites are deeply divided, they are united in their persecution of Christians. Bishops and priests have been taken hostage and tortured; churches are bombed, killing and injuring Christians. The message, sometimes sent in letter containing a bullet, has been delivered: “Christians should leave or die.”"

And yet, in the country that I currently live in (a muslim country), we celebrate each other's Eid, Christmas, C_inese New Year, Wesak and Deepavali (Diwali) - together.

I am not going to defend or criticize any religion or belief, but I think, it's more towards the interpretation of them by those individuals.

A good person is a good person no matter what race or belief he/she's carrying.

A rotten person is a rotten person no matter what race or belief he/she's carrying.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

During the IRA times every Irish person was suspected. Many saw past that as we do today

"The conservative government, since 2010 has increased arms licences enabling the sale of two thirds of UK manufactured arms to the middle east. 46% are sold to Saudi, who's sponsorship of IS is in question. "

You recon we will see this on the news at 10? Nope!

It will be an inch column so at least somebody can say they reported it!

"Twitter and Facebook have been full of absolute shite spewed by gobshites today.

Not helped by Theresa May saying enough is enough, trying to gain votes for Thursday and stirring up the bigots.

I've been genuinely shocked by what I've read on Facebook today. Anyone who disagreed was set upon like a pack of wolves. It reminded me of Lord of the Flies. It wasn't nice reading at all and not even rational. "

Makes me glad I don't have Facebook or any other social...or is that anti social media.

The one common thread seems to be that for every evil twisted pound shop terrorist the world should condemn entire nations or belief systems.

There are over 1 billion Muslims and a similar number of Catholics. Do you really think banning any religion will reduce the very small number of damaged and deranged people who carry out such attacks. Following that logic we should ban Americans because they have on average on mass shooting per week... carried out by other Americans.

Hate will only ever generate more hate.

We do not defeat hate by replicating it...

Love conquers all..

That's a bit different. The Catholic Church did its level best to discredit victims and hush the whole thing up. "

I used to be a fenian but not anymore turned my back on the catholic church dirty gets!!

That's a bit different. The Catholic Church did its level best to discredit victims and hush the whole thing up.

I used to be a fenian but not anymore turned my back on the catholic church dirty gets!!"

I seem to recall the Fenians were a political group seeking homd rule for Ireand.... not members necessarily of the Catholic church.

All institutions were guilty of abuse undertaken by a limited number of their members...

Like the terrorist argument prejudice in any form stands up badly to objective scrutiny...

Love conquers all

"Most people do not realise that the most people killed by terrorism worldwide are muslim

Quite. Hardly a scream went out for all the dead in Kabul this week. "

I condemn murder in any part of the world but it's not far fetched for the media here to report more on issues in Britain and in neighbouring countries.

"

While Iraqi Sunnis and Shiites are deeply divided, they are united in their persecution of Christians. Bishops and priests have been taken hostage and tortured; churches are bombed, killing and injuring Christians. The message, sometimes sent in letter containing a bullet, has been delivered: “Christians should leave or die.”

And yet, in the country that I currently live in (a muslim country), we celebrate each other's Eid, Christmas, C_inese New Year, Wesak and Deepavali (Diwali) - together.

I am not going to defend or criticize any religion or belief, but I think, it's more towards the interpretation of them by those individuals.

A good person is a good person no matter what race or belief he/she's carrying.

A rotten person is a rotten person no matter what race or belief he/she's carrying.

"

What muslim country uses its mosques to hold collective christian, jewish, hindu, etc festivals, celibrations and holy days and acts of worship...

It's not Muslims,they are in the same boat as us! They are terrorists! End of and enough is enough, we need to stand up for ourselves cause our government is useless!

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

The Muslim elders have been quoted saying,

You stop being a Muslim extremist, when carry out an action. You are no longer a Muslim.

Saying that though there will be loads jumping on the anti Muslim band wagon, but that is just a knee jerk reaction.

By *LFB.Woman  over a year ago

Farnborough.

Extremists come in all colours and religions.

nr warrington

Love conquers all. Utter bollocks.

I have Muslim friends so I'm not in the slightest racist.

nr warrington

"Extremists come in all colours and religions. "

Fundamentalists is the right description, not extreme or radical . The Westborough Baptist church are called Christian fundamentalists not radical or extremists. The problem with Islamic fundamentalists is the fundamentals of Islam.

"Extremists come in all colours and religions.

Fundamentalists is the right description, not extreme or radical . The Westborough Baptist church are called Christian fundamentalists not radical or extremists. The problem with Islamic fundamentalists is the fundamentals of Islam. "

I've been saying this for many years!.

Its not a reflection on any race, its a refection on people with belief for beliefs sake

Fundamentalists is the right description, not extreme or radical . The Westborough Baptist church are called Christian fundamentalists not radical or extremists. The problem with Islamic fundamentalists is the fundamentals of Islam. "

I can assure you that the problem with Christian fundamentalists is most certainly not the fundamentals of Christianity. The core problem of both of these fundamentalisms is precisely that they do *not* grasp the fundamentals of their Faith, not that they do. A literalist reading of the Bible tells us that god is literally a rock. This is quite clearly a fatal misunderstanding of everything the Abrahamic traditions believe.

nr warrington

Fundamentalists is the right description, not extreme or radical . The Westborough Baptist church are called Christian fundamentalists not radical or extremists. The problem with Islamic fundamentalists is the fundamentals of Islam.

I can assure you that the problem with Christian fundamentalists is most certainly not the fundamentals of Christianity. The core problem of both of these fundamentalisms is precisely that they do *not* grasp the fundamentals of their Faith, not that they do. A literalist reading of the Bible tells us that god is literally a rock. This is quite clearly a fatal misunderstanding of everything the Abrahamic traditions believe. "

I take exception to your comment. The bible is a hideous book. Where shall we start. I know the old and new testament inside out. Try me. I will start first. The old testament god enjoyed the smell of burning fat on the alter and blood had to be scattered to the left and right. The fat used was taken from around the internal organs of the slaughtered animal.

Back to you.

Islam isn't a "race", it's a theology that's less than 1400 years old. The human race is millions of years old.

You probably mean "xenophobic"(an irrational fear or dislike of another culture). Based on things presently happening in the world and the common denominator thread that connects all perpetrators .. it's not irrational fear or dislike.. people will naturally dislike or at the very least harbour suspicions of the "common denominator" they notice is a significant contributing Factor for causing such horrific problems.

A personally Heald belief or religious conceit isn't an immunity against due scrutiny and criticism.

I usually don't comment on these kind of threads but some of the comments and posts lately remind me of exactly why I left the site and why I didn't feel comfortable going to the clubs or arranging meets.

Got a bit more of a thicker skin now, but it's amazing how fab has changed.

By *hortieWoman  over a year ago

Northampton

"I usually don't comment on these kind of threads but some of the comments and posts lately remind me of exactly why I left the site and why I didn't feel comfortable going to the clubs or arranging meets.

Got a bit more of a thicker skin now, but it's amazing how fab has changed.

"

Fab itself hasn't really changed.. People displaying their cuntish 'I'm right' tendencies will always be here, thanks to forums - this one, as well as every other forum in the world ever!! Jeez, you join a cooking forum and post a recipe for 'your bestest cake ever!!' - and lo and behold, someone will call you out on it, tell you its shit, and list the reasons why" (If you're lucky) !!!

Now... fuck it, I've forgotten the original topic of this thread... but I'm half hopeful my response still stands.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I don't mix with people like that who communicate hate - and would report inappropriate posts on here. And ignore drivel

I can assure you that the problem with Christian fundamentalists is most certainly not the fundamentals of Christianity. The core problem of both of these fundamentalisms is precisely that they do *not* grasp the fundamentals of their Faith, not that they do. A literalist reading of the Bible tells us that god is literally a rock. This is quite clearly a fatal misunderstanding of everything the Abrahamic traditions believe.

I take exception to your comment. The bible is a hideous book. Where shall we start. I know the old and new testament inside out. Try me. I will start first. The old testament god enjoyed the smell of burning fat on the alter and blood had to be scattered to the left and right. The fat used was taken from around the internal organs of the slaughtered animal.

Back to you. "

I don't see how responding to my suggestion that the Bible isn't understood by taking it literally with yet another example of taking it literally helps. You do know that the Abrahamic Faiths don't literally believe a bearded old man lives up in the clouds don't you?

You don't understand any religion by taking its texts literally. In fact we can state with certainty that you definitely have *not* understood their message if you've mistakenly read them in this way. To grasp religion you need to be ready to read into things with philosophical reflection, to linger in the poetry and try to grasp what it's trying to tell you beyond the text. "In the beginning was the word" doesn't literally mean before the universe existed there was just a billboard standing there with "coming soon" written on it

nr warrington

Leviticus . Deuteronomy . They give instruction. Literal instruction from god.

nr warrington

It's hard to linger in the peotry of a passage that says god allows you to keep a human as a slave. If you give that slave a wife and they have children. The slave can leave but he will have to leave his wife and children with the master. If the slave wants to stay with his wife and children then he is your slave forever. To mark this person as a slave forever you drive an object through his ear to leave a hole. Can't see much poetry in that.

By *-4pleasureCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

Frankly, I'm more fed up of children being torn to shreds by bombs and innocents being stabbed but yeah if you feel strongly about it knock yourself out.

Back to you. "

The New Testament Gospels give the story and simple teachings of Jesus Christ...

The Saviours teachings revolve around Love, mercy, forgiveness, tolerance, equality of mankind and free agency....

You sir do not know the Bible inside out or you would of been humbled by the sweet and simple teachings of

Christ, His life, His sufferings and death..

Absolutely fed up of it. To a degree they're no better than the radical Imams who preach hate and radicalise.

Doesn't help when you've a media/ gov driven by the likes of Murdoch and the BBC who are hell bend on keeping the fear level high for political and financial gain.

I'm a total Atheist so I think, generally, religion is BS unless someone can PROVE to me other wise.

All I'm seeing is PROOF that god doesn't exist than the counter argument FOR existence.

By *eekay69Man  over a year ago

Colchester

I'm more fed up with the utterly stupid and wilfully ignorant.

"I'm a total Atheist so I think, generally, religion is BS unless someone can PROVE to me other wise.

All I'm seeing is PROOF that god doesn't exist than the counter argument FOR existence."

I'm curious to hear what you consider to be proof that god doesn't exist

"I'm more fed up with the utterly stupid and wilfully ignorant. "

The utterly stupid and wilfully ignorant aren't that bad if they keep their mouths shut. It's when they start speaking out and deliberately stirring hate that they become a problem

Indeed, the worst thing about that is those who are talking about killing random Muslims, or deporting them all or abusing them on the street are doing exactly what ISIS want.

Saturday nights attack was a recruitment plan by ISIS. They want every Muslim hated by every non - Muslim because that makes them so much easier to radicalise.

To beat ISIS we need to do 3 things.

1: Starve of funding. There's a report due out on where they get their money, but they probably get a good chunk from Saudi Arabia.

2: Starve of recruits. Crack down on hate preachers, act faster on reports of extremism. Work with Muslims here and elsewhere to root extremists out.

3: Take out their soldiers and command, with as little collateral damage as possible as that just makes more recruits.

We have been sleep-walking into this for decades now. We have allowed hate preachers to sit in our streets (protected by the police in many cases) and spout incessant and hateful bilge about our western way of life.

The apologists and the left wing PC brigade have not only allowed it; they've often supported it under the blanket excuse of "freedom of speech" etc. And yet, if it was the other way around i.e. spouting bilge in the streets about Islam - you would be arrested.

Therein lies the problem - you reap what you sow - and we have been sowing the seeds of this for ages. As ever, innocent people suffer as a result and I, for one, really despair about what we have allowed to happen.

We have an enemy within - and it's far, far bigger than you think.

P.S. I have no problem with Muslims per se - but Muslim extremism is the most dangerous internal threat this country has ever faced.

"Indeed, the worst thing about that is those who are talking about killing random Muslims, or deporting them all or abusing them on the street are doing exactly what ISIS want.

Saturday nights attack was a recruitment plan by ISIS. They want every Muslim hated by every non - Muslim because that makes them so much easier to radicalise.

To beat ISIS we need to do 3 things.

1: Starve of funding. There's a report due out on where they get their money, but they probably get a good chunk from Saudi Arabia.

2: Starve of recruits. Crack down on hate preachers, act faster on reports of extremism. Work with Muslims here and elsewhere to root extremists out.

3: Take out their soldiers and command, with as little collateral damage as possible as that just makes more recruits. "

A very thoughtful post. I'd like to add that, in my opinion, all of the above should be done with as little publicity as possible. ISIS yearns for us to notice and engage with it. They must have been cheering when May used the recent atrocities to play politics and declare a very public engagement with them. I prefer Trump's description of them as sad losers. This little group of sad losers deserve as little public attention as possible. They are nobodies and we need to make sure they know that. Rather than stroking their egos with headlines calling them "monsters" and "evil" the headlines should've read "pathetic morons go on deluded rampage". If we're going to start getting inside their heads we've got to deprive them of the romantic image they've lost themselves in

Nope, you are not the only one

But soon someone will come along and blame you for mentioning Muslims, even though you are mentioning them in a positive way

And then someone else will come along and tell you not to refer to Muslims as "them"

And then someone will poke their head in and tell you that .....

Fact is that the recent terror attacks WERE carried out by Muslims. Whether they are real Muslims or not, I do not know. What I do know is that the vast majority of Muslims here go about their daily business, peacefully, just like the vast majority of Catholics, Buddhists, Hindus, etc do

And that the Muslims here are under threat too; it is not as if the terrorists confirm that they are only killing non-Muslims

- Mrs. J -

Islam and muslims have nothing to do with these acts of terrorism. Just as Jesus and Christians were not the ones behind the torture during the Dark Ages.

These are evil criminals who use religion, poverty, wealth, desperation, power,opportunity,searching for a meaning in life.... whatever may be, in order to justify there hatret for life and society.

Terrorist should not be linked to Islam in speeches and media. They are mere criminals.

Radicalisation isn't the problem. Theresa May is a bitch who reads what they give her to recite. She knows nothing.

The Government is going now to use the opportunity to crack on our freedoms under the pretext that they are fighting radicalism.

Stupid UKIP wants to ban burkas as a way to promote integration. Next they'll tell us what to believe in and how much...

Fuck them all.

It's all about control over people. It's never been care for the people.

Control, oppression,fear,limits of freedom and rights. Whatever it takes.

The state has become all too powerful and people sleep walk into even further obliteration of our society.

Im not being racist but what religion are the attackers. Plus religions not a race.

I should probably declare my cards by confessing that I've recently been working on a project I hope plays a role in deradicalising such people. A crucial part of that process is not to alienate these people but, instead, get under their skin. If we attack their ethnicity or their personal beliefs we're only going to harden them against us. This is why racists and atheists are part of the problem too. I believe our best hope is in more fully aquainting them with the message of peace and love at the heart of religion. We can't deradicalise them but we can sure give them enough pause for thought to help them deradicalise themselves. The atheist gung ho "You want a religious war?! Bring it on!" is the antithesis of a program of deradicalisation

Absolutely. Some people are cunts and some people aren't. If you think that killing innocent people under guise of any sort of social, religious or political grounds is acceptable then you are the former

"I should probably declare my cards by confessing that I've recently been working on a project I hope plays a role in deradicalising such people. A crucial part of that process is not to alienate these people but, instead, get under their skin. If we attack their ethnicity or their personal beliefs we're only going to harden them against us. This is why racists and atheists are part of the problem too. I believe our best hope is in more fully aquainting them with the message of peace and love at the heart of religion. We can't deradicalise them but we can sure give them enough pause for thought to help them deradicalise themselves. The atheist gung ho "You want a religious war?! Bring it on!" is the antithesis of a program of deradicalisation"

I agree with all of what you say, expect your mention of Atheists

It is the right of Atheists to be Atheists as it is the right of a Muslim to be Muslim as it is my right to be Catholic. And I do not believe that I have read anywhere of what you wrote about the Atheists

And I would not agree with anyone to pander to one religion or another, including to my own

- Mrs. J -

nr warrington

Back to you.

The New Testament Gospels give the story and simple teachings of Jesus Christ...

The Saviours teachings revolve around Love, mercy, forgiveness, tolerance, equality of mankind and free agency....

You sir do not know the Bible inside out or you would of been humbled by the sweet and simple teachings of

Christ, His life, His sufferings and death.."

The new testament still says slaves obey your masters. If we no longer use the old testament we can throw away the 10 commandments.

Back to you.

The new testament still says slaves obey your masters. If we no longer use the old testament we can throw away the 10 commandments. "

I think the new testament was made to suit our new up to date life. Soon there will be a 3rd testament. I dont believe in any of it. I was brought up a catholic but always knew it was utter garbage. And full of nonces in disguise.

Back to you.

The new testament still says slaves obey your masters. If we no longer use the old testament we can throw away the 10 commandments.

I think the new testament was made to suit our new up to date life. Soon there will be a 3rd testament. I dont believe in any of it. I was brought up a catholic but always knew it was utter garbage. And full of nonces in disguise. "

So we know now what you think of Catholicism

What do you think of Islam?

- Mrs. J -

Back to you.

I think the new testament was made to suit our new up to date life. Soon there will be a 3rd testament. I dont believe in any of it. I was brought up a catholic but always knew it was utter garbage. And full of nonces in disguise.

- Mrs. J -"

No comment

"

- Mrs. J -

No comment"

OK, but you had plenty of negative points against Catholicism. Islam is also one of the Abrahamic religions

- Mrs. J -

i dont think a sex site is for this topic tbh

"

- Mrs. J -

No comment

OK, but you had plenty of negative points against Catholicism. Islam is also one of the Abrahamic religions

- Mrs. J -"

considering i am actually a catholic and have turned against it i think i have a right in my mind to judge against it.

"

- Mrs. J -

No comment

- Mrs. J - considering i am actually a catholic and have turned against it i think i have a right in my mind to judge against it. "

Mrs J

"I should probably declare my cards by confessing that I've recently been working on a project I hope plays a role in deradicalising such people. A crucial part of that process is not to alienate these people but, instead, get under their skin. If we attack their ethnicity or their personal beliefs we're only going to harden them against us. This is why racists and atheists are part of the problem too. I believe our best hope is in more fully aquainting them with the message of peace and love at the heart of religion. We can't deradicalise them but we can sure give them enough pause for thought to help them deradicalise themselves. The atheist gung ho "You want a religious war?! Bring it on!" is the antithesis of a program of deradicalisation

It is the right of Atheists to be Atheists as it is the right of a Muslim to be Muslim as it is my right to be Catholic. And I do not believe that I have read anywhere of what you wrote about the Atheists

And I would not agree with anyone to pander to one religion or another, including to my own

- Mrs. J - "

Everyone has the right to be whatever. But the realities of the situation is that religious fundamentalism didn't arise in a vacuum. It rose in response to 20th century atheist modernism. As a result you can't deradicalise religious fundamentalists by foisting atheist arguments on them. This'll only send them further in the direction of fundamentalism. To really get under their skin you have to show them clearly that they're not being religious, that they are dishonouring their god not honouring it. The atheist retort that these people are being religious and that being religious is something awful that should be eradicated only feeds the problem

"

- Mrs. J -

No comment

- Mrs. J - considering i am actually a catholic and have turned against it i think i have a right in my mind to judge against it. "

Yes, all judgemental people have that right

And some of us prefer not to judge other people, whatever their belief or non-belief may be

- Mrs. J -

"I should probably declare my cards by confessing that I've recently been working on a project I hope plays a role in deradicalising such people. A crucial part of that process is not to alienate these people but, instead, get under their skin. If we attack their ethnicity or their personal beliefs we're only going to harden them against us. This is why racists and atheists are part of the problem too. I believe our best hope is in more fully aquainting them with the message of peace and love at the heart of religion. We can't deradicalise them but we can sure give them enough pause for thought to help them deradicalise themselves. The atheist gung ho "You want a religious war?! Bring it on!" is the antithesis of a program of deradicalisation"

Good luck with another "de-radicalisation" idea that won't work. Sorry to be negative but it won't - as someone else has posted earlier, it's been going on too long - decades of fundamentalism been allowed to fester unchallenged because of, frankly, a deluded left wing in society that thinks everyone believes in "love". Trust me, in the world as a whole it's not far off a 50/50 split between good and evil - you just never fully see that until things properly come to a head and there's a war.

Then you see the real "human kind" (which is actually not very nice). Simple solution - huge asteroid hits the Earth - destroys human kind - and then let nature start again (preferably without the horrible human race). Sounds drastic? Nah - open your eyes and see what goes on around you.

By *ecretEscapes2Woman  over a year ago

worcester

I personally think ,there should be a media lock down after such events ..

Fine give us the facts. but to be discussing the 'what,when . .if '

doesn't help ,does it ?

Really ?

"I should probably declare my cards by confessing that I've recently been working on a project I hope plays a role in deradicalising such people. A crucial part of that process is not to alienate these people but, instead, get under their skin. If we attack their ethnicity or their personal beliefs we're only going to harden them against us. This is why racists and atheists are part of the problem too. I believe our best hope is in more fully aquainting them with the message of peace and love at the heart of religion. We can't deradicalise them but we can sure give them enough pause for thought to help them deradicalise themselves. The atheist gung ho "You want a religious war?! Bring it on!" is the antithesis of a program of deradicalisation

- Mrs. J -

Everyone has the right to be whatever. But the realities of the situation is that religious fundamentalism didn't arise in a vacuum. It rose in response to 20th century atheist modernism. As a result you can't deradicalise religious fundamentalists by foisting atheist arguments on them. This'll only send them further in the direction of fundamentalism. To really get under their skin you have to show them clearly that they're not being religious, that they are dishonouring their god not honouring it. The atheist retort that these people are being religious and that being religious is something awful that should be eradicated only feeds the problem "

One doesn't get many Buddhists blowing people up here. And I bet that they too have heard all the Atheist arguments

I do not believe in sheltering just the one religion

Plenty of negativity, on this thread too, against Catholics. Doesn't mean that I am now going to trawl the Internet finding out ways to make a nail bomb

I am all for keeping things in perspective; the vast majority of the Muslims here have nothing whatsoever to do with these attacks infact, they are as much affected as others. But we should not be pussy-footing around those who are or are planning one

- Mrs. J -

"

Everyone has the right to be whatever."

and that one sentence sums up all that is wrong with this country today. NO THEY DON'T !!!

Not if it causes offence/harm to someone else. It's a typical "human rights/left wing statement" - I have said it before and I`ll repeat it again - the neo liberalist views that have sprung up in this country of late will result in paedophilia being legalised within my lifetime because eventually someone will say it is "their right" to have a relationship with a ?? old child.

It will start with a lowering of the age of consent and proceed from there - sounds crazy to some but such ideas have already been espoused in certain circles.

We need to get off the human rights train ASAP and get some common sense and order back into our society.

Good luck with another "de-radicalisation" idea that won't work. Sorry to be negative but it won't - as someone else has posted earlier, it's been going on too long - decades of fundamentalism been allowed to fester unchallenged because of, frankly, a deluded left wing in society that thinks everyone believes in "love". Trust me, in the world as a whole it's not far off a 50/50 split between good and evil - you just never fully see that until things properly come to a head and there's a war.

Then you see the real "human kind" (which is actually not very nice). Simple solution - huge asteroid hits the Earth - destroys human kind - and then let nature start again (preferably without the horrible human race). Sounds drastic? Nah - open your eyes and see what goes on around you."

I totally agree this left wing approach has had its day. This is only going to be a re-occuring situation that has spiralled out of control. We can pray as much for the dead and do as many vigils as we want but this wont go away.

if people do stand behind our forces and support them feel free to stand in front of them

"Good luck with another "de-radicalisation" idea that won't work. Sorry to be negative but it won't - as someone else has posted earlier, it's been going on too long - decades of fundamentalism been allowed to fester unchallenged because of, frankly, a deluded left wing in society that thinks everyone believes in "love".

Simple solution - huge asteroid hits the Earth - destroys human kind - and then let nature start again (preferably without the horrible human race). Sounds drastic? Nah - open your eyes and see what goes on around you."

It may indeed be a waste of time but, for some reason, I prefer the route of engaging and challenging these people rather than your asteroid solution

religious believes aside if a person does not like our way of life in this country then they should just leave or be ejected

By *essiCouple  over a year ago

suffolk

There is good and bad in all walks of life..not just defined to a certain race, creed or religion.

Never judge a book by its cover has become more of a factor these days.

"Good luck with another "de-radicalisation" idea that won't work. Sorry to be negative but it won't - as someone else has posted earlier, it's been going on too long - decades of fundamentalism been allowed to fester unchallenged because of, frankly, a deluded left wing in society that thinks everyone believes in "love".

Simple solution - huge asteroid hits the Earth - destroys human kind - and then let nature start again (preferably without the horrible human race). Sounds drastic? Nah - open your eyes and see what goes on around you.

It may indeed be a waste of time but, for some reason, I prefer the route of engaging and challenging these people rather than your asteroid solution "

you cannot engage with someone thats wants you dead for not following their believes and sees you beneath them

"Everyone has the right to be whatever.

and that one sentence sums up all that is wrong with this country today. NO THEY DON'T !!!"

It was a flippant remark in response to the claim atheists have the right to be atheists. I didn't mean it in the way you described.

"you cannot engage with someone thats wants you dead for not following their believes and sees you beneath them"

You can try

"Everyone has the right to be whatever.

and that one sentence sums up all that is wrong with this country today. NO THEY DON'T !!!

It was a flippant remark in response to the claim atheists have the right to be atheists. I didn't mean it in the way you described. "

Atheist do not harm other people

I am quite a staunch Catholic and I get called a hypocrite by them. I still have no hatred towards them nor towards their beliefs

To suggest that these terrorist or would-be terrorists are shrinking violets is playing into their hands. Islam and/or Muslims do NOT deserve any special treatment

- Mrs. J -

"you cannot engage with someone thats wants you dead for not following their believes and sees you beneath them

You can try "

those that do not t accept our way of life and want to commit atrocities deport them if a English passport holder, then take it off them or lock up indefinitely

"I am all for keeping things in perspective; the vast majority of the Muslims here have nothing whatsoever to do with these attacks infact, they are as much affected as others. But we should not be pussy-footing around those who are or are planning one

- Mrs. J -"

Whilst I agree with this in general I believe it is foolish to imagine these attackers are the only problem. They have friends, family, religious elders, etc. Behind their actions is a wide web of beliefs that are bringing a whole community of people to the brink of radicalism. To only target those who act out these radical beliefs is like fighting the flames and not the fire. You'll only ever get there too late and you'll never reduce the source of the problem

"I am all for keeping things in perspective; the vast majority of the Muslims here have nothing whatsoever to do with these attacks infact, they are as much affected as others. But we should not be pussy-footing around those who are or are planning one

- Mrs. J -

Whilst I agree with this in general I believe it is foolish to imagine these attackers are the only problem. They have friends, family, religious elders, etc. Behind their actions is a wide web of beliefs that are bringing a whole community of people to the brink of radicalism. To only target those who act out these radical beliefs is like fighting the flames and not the fire. You'll only ever get there too late and you'll never reduce the source of the problem "

I completely agree

I couldn't get a bag of Charcoal delivered at the house without my partner finding out. I can't even buy him a surprise gift and hide it somewhere in the house waiting for the right moment

How on Earth did these terrorists get all this bomb making equipment inside their homes without their families ever suspecting ANYTHING?

- Mrs. J -

Back to you.

The new testament still says slaves obey your masters. If we no longer use the old testament we can throw away the 10 commandments. "

Apostle Paul... Ist Corinthians... chapt 7 verses 21 - 22...

21 Were you a slave when you were called? Don’t let it trouble you—although if you can gain your freedom, do so. 22 For the one who was a slave when called to faith in the Lord is the Lord’s freed person;

"Atheist do not harm other people

I am quite a staunch Catholic and I get called a hypocrite by them. I still have no hatred towards them nor towards their beliefs

To suggest that these terrorist or would-be terrorists are shrinking violets is playing into their hands. Islam and/or Muslims do NOT deserve any special treatment

- Mrs. J -"

I agree. That's why I'm looking to deradicalise all fundamentalists, be they Christian, Muslim, or Atheist. I bear no hatred towards them. But I do consider their outlook a problem. Atheists may not have harmed anyone. But over the course of the 20th century they told everyone that a knowledge of science, indeed any degree of western education, leads you to atheism. This is not only demonstratively incorrect but it informs the anti-science anti-education views of fundamentalists. Thus, though they may not have drawn a sword, they have most definitely been a part of the problem

- Mrs. J -

I agree. That's why I'm looking to deradicalise all fundamentalists, be they Christian, Muslim, or Atheist. I bear no hatred towards them. But I do consider their outlook a problem. Atheists may not have harmed anyone. But over the course of the 20th century they told everyone that a knowledge of science, indeed any degree of western education, leads you to atheism. This is not only demonstratively incorrect but it informs the anti-science anti-education views of fundamentalists. Thus, though they may not have drawn a sword, they have most definitely been a part of the problem "

But they are in part, correct. Not acquiring an education or not accepting facts (science) is not good, in my opinion

Being religious did not preclude me from getting an education and in accepting established scientifically proven facts

Why is it then that this only applies to these terrorists or would-be terrorists?

Whilst I applaud your efforts, I do think that you are pandering to them

I also think that their families are probably as guilty as them for harbouring them

But, we are also guilty of associating ALL Muslims and Islam to these terrorists

- Mrs. J -

" I agree. That's why I'm looking to deradicalise all fundamentalists, be they Christian, Muslim, or Atheist. I bear no hatred towards them. But I do consider their outlook a problem. Atheists may not have harmed anyone. But over the course of the 20th century they told everyone that a knowledge of science, indeed any degree of western education, leads you to atheism. This is not only demonstratively incorrect but it informs the anti-science anti-education views of fundamentalists. Thus, though they may not have drawn a sword, they have most definitely been a part of the problem "

You have one huge problem on your hands that I hope you have thought of. Christianity has undergone much critical analysis for centuries; hence why not many take the Bible literally in the modern world.

In certain other religions, however, the "written word" is sacrosanct (every single one of them) and to even try and interfere or criticise can lead to dire consequences for individuals.

Effectively, you can have a medieval religion/ideology in a modern world (think Christian Crusades 900 years ago). Until you grasp that rather enormous nettle (and some will say you will never grasp it) then everything else is futile i.e. you need to get the root cause - not pussy foot around the edges.

My last comment - thanks for the debate.

- Mrs. J -

I agree. That's why I'm looking to deradicalise all fundamentalists, be they Christian, Muslim, or Atheist. I bear no hatred towards them. But I do consider their outlook a problem. Atheists may not have harmed anyone. But over the course of the 20th century they told everyone that a knowledge of science, indeed any degree of western education, leads you to atheism. This is not only demonstratively incorrect but it informs the anti-science anti-education views of fundamentalists. Thus, though they may not have drawn a sword, they have most definitely been a part of the problem "

There is no such thing as a radical muslim, your either a Muslim or an Unbeliever..

A British fundamental Christian is a Born Again Christian whom believes the age of miracles is not over, they are a loving, charismatic peace loving people, the Fundamental or Born again Christian churches are a thriving community..

They do not plant bombs, nor seek to kill anybody...

" I agree. That's why I'm looking to deradicalise all fundamentalists, be they Christian, Muslim, or Atheist. I bear no hatred towards them. But I do consider their outlook a problem. Atheists may not have harmed anyone. But over the course of the 20th century they told everyone that a knowledge of science, indeed any degree of western education, leads you to atheism. This is not only demonstratively incorrect but it informs the anti-science anti-education views of fundamentalists. Thus, though they may not have drawn a sword, they have most definitely been a part of the problem

You have one huge problem on your hands that I hope you have thought of. Christianity has undergone much critical analysis for centuries; hence why not many take the Bible literally in the modern world.

In certain other religions, however, the "written word" is sacrosanct (every single one of them) and to even try and interfere or criticise can lead to dire consequences for individuals.

Effectively, you can have a medieval religion/ideology in a modern world (think Christian Crusades 900 years ago). Until you grasp that rather enormous nettle (and some will say you will never grasp it) then everything else is futile i.e. you need to get the root cause - not pussy foot around the edges.

My last comment - thanks for the debate."

Exactly

And how will anything help when they state:

"The fact is, even if you were to stop bombing us, imprisoning us, torturing us, vilifying us, and usurping our lands, we would continue to hate you because our primary reason for hating you will not cease to exist until you embrace Islam"

I quoted the last part, after being pointed to their six demands published in various newspapers around the world

No room for negotiations

- Mrs. J -

- Mrs. J -

I agree. That's why I'm looking to deradicalise all fundamentalists, be they Christian, Muslim, or Atheist. I bear no hatred towards them. But I do consider their outlook a problem. Atheists may not have harmed anyone. But over the course of the 20th century they told everyone that a knowledge of science, indeed any degree of western education, leads you to atheism. This is not only demonstratively incorrect but it informs the anti-science anti-education views of fundamentalists. Thus, though they may not have drawn a sword, they have most definitely been a part of the problem

But they are in part, correct. Not acquiring an education or not accepting facts (science) is not good, in my opinion

Being religious did not preclude me from getting an education and in accepting established scientifically proven facts

Why is it then that this only applies to these terrorists or would-be terrorists?

I also think that their families are probably as guilty as them for harbouring them

But, we are also guilty of associating ALL Muslims and Islam to these terrorists

- Mrs. J - "

I'd appreciate it if you didn't accuse me of pandering to terrorists. That's quite a slur and you don't know the nature or extent of my work on this problem.

If you reread my comment you replied to you'll find I'm most certainly not arguing against science or education. It is atheists who have caused fundamentalists to be against these things. That's not an excuse. It's a matter of historical fact

"You have one huge problem on your hands that I hope you have thought of. Christianity has undergone much critical analysis for centuries; hence why not many take the Bible literally in the modern world.

Effectively, you can have a medieval religion/ideology in a modern world (think Christian Crusades 900 years ago). Until you grasp that rather enormous nettle (and some will say you will never grasp it) then everything else is futile i.e. you need to get the root cause - not pussy foot around the edges."

This is precisely why one of the key problems here is literalism, no matter which Faith it raises its head in. The nettle is for the Faiths to grasp. Why? Because it's a religious problem, not a social or political one

"And how will anything help when they state:

"The fact is, even if you were to stop bombing us, imprisoning us, torturing us, vilifying us, and usurping our lands, we would continue to hate you because our primary reason for hating you will not cease to exist until you embrace Islam"

I quoted the last part, after being pointed to their six demands published in various newspapers around the world

No room for negotiations

- Mrs. J -"

There's certainly no room for negotiating with someone so far gone. But you can pull their sense of legitimacy from beneath them by negotiating with the wider community drawn towards fundamentalist beliefs. Make them feel totally alone. Make it so their friends look down on them. It's a drip drip solution but it's accumulative.

It very much feels like the people on this thread, rather than believing some serious and credible effort should be put into deradicalising these people, think that's a waste of time.

No room for negotiations

- Mrs. J -

There's certainly no room for negotiating with someone so far gone. But you can pull their sense of legitimacy from beneath them by negotiating with the wider community drawn towards fundamentalist beliefs. Make them feel totally alone. Make it so their friends look down on them. It's a drip drip solution but it's accumulative.

It very much feels like the people on this thread, rather than believing some serious and credible effort should be put into deradicalising these people, think that's a waste of time. "

But the terrorist and would-be terrorists ARE so far gone for this is THEIR 'manifesto'

I don't know about other people on this thread but I certainly think that it is a waste of time

If anything, these attacks have gained momentum in their frequency and the extent of the number murdered in the last 12 years

If these programmes were working then we would have witnessed a decrease

And, frankly I do lay some of the the blame on the liberal and far left, for the pandering

- Mrs. J -

- Mrs. J -

- Mrs. J -

I'd appreciate it if you didn't accuse me of pandering to terrorists. That's quite a slur and you don't know the nature or extent of my work on this problem.

If you reread my comment you replied to you'll find I'm most certainly not arguing against science or education. It is atheists who have caused fundamentalists to be against these things. That's not an excuse. It's a matter of historical fact "

How on Earth can you blame the Athetists for causing the fundamentalist to be against science and education. They did not cause the same reaction within the Hindu, Buddhist or Christian communities. And that is what I mean by that you are pandering to them

And I did not say that YOU are against science or education

- Mrs. J -

No you aren't, k's brother is Muslim and his wife and family. I'm sick of people blaming all Muslims, Christians are just as bad for things they've done in the name of god. I (K) am sick and tired of religion that's why I believe in Darwinism the theory of evolution.

No room for negotiations

- Mrs. J -

It very much feels like the people on this thread, rather than believing some serious and credible effort should be put into deradicalising these people, think that's a waste of time.

But the terrorist and would-be terrorists ARE so far gone for this is THEIR 'manifesto'

I don't know about other people on this thread but I certainly think that it is a waste of time

If anything, these attacks have gained momentum in their frequency and the extent of the number murdered in the last 12 years

And, frankly I do lay some of the the blame on the liberal and far left, for the pandering

- Mrs. J -"

http://www.datagraver.com/case/people-killed-by-terrorism-per-year-in-western-europe-1970-2015

Note it goes further than 2015 despite link title. Basically it's not more than historically has been the case. If anyone has been hit hardest its France and you can hardly call their stance pandering.

There's no room to negotiate with ISIS, but there's a host of other diplomatic ways to stuff em over.

"If you reread my comment you replied to you'll find I'm most certainly not arguing against science or education. It is atheists who have caused fundamentalists to be against these things. That's not an excuse. It's a matter of historical fact

How on Earth can you blame the Athetists for causing the fundamentalist to be against science and education. They did not cause the same reaction within the Hindu, Buddhist or Christian communities. And that is what I mean by that you are pandering to them"

Both Christian fundamentalism and Islamic fundamentalism came into being in response to 20th century atheist modernism. They both accepted the claims of atheists that modernism, science, and a secular education lead you to atheism. In response Christian fundamentalists in America have fought against the teaching of evolution theory, promoted fundamentalist schools, and instructed their followers to resist aspects of modernism such as modern medicine. Islamic fundamentalism is the same. They didn't just do this by themselves for no reason and in total isolation. They did this in reaction to 20th century atheist modernism. That's the history of how we've got to this point

Darwin was a racist, evolution based on natural selection, survival of the fittest and believed the white man was top of the tree!

Just to be clear here... Atheists aren't the bogeyman here. The fundamentalists are. My only reason for bringing up atheism is to say it's not part of the solution it's part of the problem. You may be right that a religious appeal to this community may fall on flat ears. But an atheist appeal will do the opposite. It will fan the flames

No room for negotiations

- Mrs. J -

- Mrs. J -

http://www.datagraver.com/case/people-killed-by-terrorism-per-year-in-western-europe-1970-2015

Note it goes further than 2015 despite link title. Basically it's not more than historically has been the case. If anyone has been hit hardest its France and you can hardly call their stance pandering.

There's no room to negotiate with ISIS, but there's a host of other diplomatic ways to stuff em over. "

I was talking about the attacks in London when these first started in July 2005. That is when I first heard about these. And since that time, the attacks have been becoming more frequent in London. And I don't think (I may be wrong) that IS claimed to orchestrate all of these attacks. Some were carried out by deranged 'lone-wolfs'

Ofcourse, France and Germany have had it worse. And there have been other attacks in the rest of the UK too; Manchester being very recent

The solution has to be prevention and that requires better intelligence gathering and then acting on it. Killing the terrorists is not a solution and in any case, I do not believe that any human has the right to take another human life. Furthermore, they are mostly ion suicide missions and they don't particularly care as to how they die

- Mrs. J -

"If you reread my comment you replied to you'll find I'm most certainly not arguing against science or education. It is atheists who have caused fundamentalists to be against these things. That's not an excuse. It's a matter of historical fact

How on Earth can you blame the Athetists for causing the fundamentalist to be against science and education. They did not cause the same reaction within the Hindu, Buddhist or Christian communities. And that is what I mean by that you are pandering to them

Both Christian fundamentalism and Islamic fundamentalism came into being in response to 20th century atheist modernism. They both accepted the claims of atheists that modernism, science, and a secular education lead you to atheism. In response Christian fundamentalists in America have fought against the teaching of evolution theory, promoted fundamentalist schools, and instructed their followers to resist aspects of modernism such as modern medicine. Islamic fundamentalism is the same. They didn't just do this by themselves for no reason and in total isolation. They did this in reaction to 20th century atheist modernism. That's the history of how we've got to this point "

Agreed

But the Christian fundamentists in the US did not start driving lorries into crowds or knifing people in the streets

What makes these terrorist so different? Could they too not follow what the Christian fundamenltists did?

In any case, I don't think is a Christian or Muslim issue. I think this is an issue about alienated people who feel that they have nothing more to loose

- Mrs. J -

•+• Access Denied •+•

"Darwin was a racist, evolution based on natural selection, survival of the fittest and believed the white man was top of the tree! "

he never said survival of the fittest, that was used by nazis and someone else credited for it. a lot of people think the same as you though.

darwin said adaption of a species was what contributed to the survival of it.

but i do think a lot of what he said was used to promote racist agendas also, that the caucasian race is the top one. despite the fact that races aren't real and are only a concept based on heritage.

"I'm a total Atheist so I think, generally, religion is BS unless someone can PROVE to me other wise.

All I'm seeing is PROOF that god doesn't exist than the counter argument FOR existence.

I'm curious to hear what you consider to be proof that god doesn't exist "

Let me counter that with this:

[Hypothetically speaking]

You are God.

You have the power to forsee the future (because God can do anything right?)

You knew a Terrorist was going to walk into an Arena and blow kids up.

Keeping in mind you are God and you can do anything.

Would you stop it? ...

nr warrington

You are God.

Would you stop it? ...

Therefore god either chose to let it happen or could do nothing about it. God is evil or impotent so why call it god ?

"

•+• Access Denied •+•

You are God.

Would you stop it? ...

"

why presume kids are innocent? they're potential adults in the making. let me counter with the 'would you kill hitler as a baby' argument.

and humans have free will (apparently). humans can be evil and commit evil acts, therefore so can the all wise, all knowing, 'benevolent' god that based humans on himself.

there's better arguments against god being what we've been told, easily.

if i was god i'd be smiting the shit outta just about everyone.

"In any case, I don't think is a Christian or Muslim issue. I think this is an issue about alienated people who feel that they have nothing more to loose

- Mrs. J -"

I agree with this, indeed it goes back to my original point on this thread. I don't think race or religion is the problem. I think it's a complex web of social and political and economic issues combined with incendiary problems within many Faiths that, for the previous reasons, the Islamic Faith is currently most susceptible to. Whilst others are needed to work on the other issues, I'm interested in the problem of the Faiths. Islamic fundamentalism is a multifaceted problem that requires a multifaceted response. As mentioned earlier, I believe part of that is military. But I don't think that's the whole solution

You are God.

Would you stop it? ...

why presume kids are innocent? they're potential adults in the making. let me counter with the 'would you kill hitler as a baby' argument.

"

Is that a serious comment?...

I am groot

•+• Access Denied •+•

You are God.

Would you stop it? ...

Is that a serious comment?..."

yep, sure is. it's a well known one in philosophy also.

would you kill baby hitler knowing what he would do in the future? some people actually would, and some would not, there is no right or wrong answer as it's just to get you thinking about why you think the way you do.

most humans, despite being innocent at one time, will not remain in that state as they experience more of life. and no i wouldn't kill baby hitler myself. does that mean i am evil for not doing so and allowing him to commit the atrocities he did?

You are God.

Would you stop it? ..."

Let me touché you with this. Since there is no proof god doesn't exist, why are you waiting for theists to prove to you that god exists? Surely the most logical and neutral position is to be waiting for either theists or atheists to present any convincing evidence either way? Until then the odds are 50/50

You are God.

Would you stop it? ...

would you kill baby hitler knowing what he would do in the future? some people actually would, and some would not, there is no right or wrong answer as it's just to get you thinking about why you think the way you do.

most humans, despite being innocent at one time, will not remain in that state as they experience more of life. and no i wouldn't kill baby hitler myself. does that mean i am evil for not doing so and allowing him to commit the atrocities he did?"

No because I wouldn't kill a child.

NO child are born killers. It's developed, people like Hitler had an inherent DESIRE to do what he did, but he wasn't born that way.

That's one of the most ridiculous fucking arguments I've seen in ages.

You are God.

Would you stop it? ...

Let me touché you with this. Since there is no proof god doesn't exist, why are you waiting for theists to prove to you that god exists? Surely the most logical and neutral position is to be waiting for either theists or atheists to present any convincing evidence either way? Until then the odds are 50/50 "

You're confusing an Atheist with an Agnostic.

I am not Agnostic. I'm Atheist.

•+• Access Denied •+•

You are God.

Would you stop it? ...

most humans, despite being innocent at one time, will not remain in that state as they experience more of life. and no i wouldn't kill baby hitler myself. does that mean i am evil for not doing so and allowing him to commit the atrocities he did?

No because I wouldn't kill a child.

NO child are born killers. It's developed, people like Hitler had an inherent DESIRE to do what he did, but he wasn't born that way.

That's one of the most ridiculous fucking arguments I've seen in ages."

it's not an argument. it's to get you to understand more than you understand now. about yourself and other people.

hitler wasn't born that way but the potential was there just from him existing. and you know what happened so why not stop him? like i said, no right or wrong answer exists because universal morals do not exist.

you can argue that all children are innocent, as that is true and your basis for calling god evil. but look at your statement in a deeper way god might not be so evil after all. many of the adults might be worthy of life but they were not mentioned in your statement about god killing them, why not?

also evil acts do not make a person evil. you'd have to scrutinise morals and just about everything in the bible to judge whether or not god is evil.

and i agree with Kant that unless morals are held as universal then they do not exist.

i don't even believe in a god but i can see how you build your arguments for and against one, and for and against everything they supposedly did. shame i don't like to invest much of my time being deep on here, it's an interesting topic to discuss, all of this is.