FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Saggy skin on my arse

Saggy skin on my arse

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Right here's the thing. As some of you know I've lost more than a few pounds over the last year and have dropped 6 inches in waist size and gone from XL to Medium in my tops. While I've still got another stone to go in weight loss and I'm chuffed with my progress, I have found a downside.

My formerly quite pert arse now has an excess of saggy skin that makes a St Bernard's Dog's face look botoxed.

Will my daily work out which involves some combination of weighted squats, weighted lunges, leg presses, leg curls, leg extensions, running, cycling, stair machine and cross-trainer, combined with daily moisturising, tighten it up?

Or am I now beyond hope, at the age of 53, with my natural elastin and collagen resources so depleted, that I need to resign myself to my arse looking like Clement Freud's face until it returns to dust?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ive dropped 5st and 10 inches from my waist and it's left me with some loose skin too, it will improve with time, but sadly it'll probably never go away completely.

It's good to moisturise your arse ... never done that myself

I'd say keep with it .... it won't be saggy for long ...although I bet it's not saggy anyway

"It's good to moisturise your arse ... never done that myself

I'd say keep with it .... it won't be saggy for long ...although I bet it's not saggy anyway "

It is Jo. I have to bend over so far my balls are in your face to get a decent picture of it

I'd say keep with it .... it won't be saggy for long ...although I bet it's not saggy anyway

It is Jo. I have to bend over so far my balls are in your face to get a decent picture of it "

Naaaaaa bollox ...oh yea you did say ..... no seriously ...keep up with what your doing ...it takes time

"Ive dropped 5st and 10 inches from my waist and it's left me with some loose skin too, it will improve with time, but sadly it'll probably never go away completely."

Looking good with it! Hell of an achievement! You've also got a bit of youth on your side versus an old fart like me

[Removed by poster at 01/06/17 08:18:21]

It is Jo. I have to bend over so far my balls are in your face to get a decent picture of it

Naaaaaa bollox ...oh yea you did say ..... no seriously ...keep up with what your doing ...it takes time "

Oh I will, but I need to remain realistic - thanks

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Think we need pics of your saggy arse to be able to properly assess it

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

Congrats on being agile enough to see your arse...lovely photo's too

By *ingerrrrWoman  over a year ago

Meath

It doesn't look as bad as described in your pics OP!

I'd suggest going super heavy with your squats.. (get advice on form etc in the gym)

Well done on your transformation.. it's tough going..

Well I've dropped over 8st so can totally relate to you, unfortunately at our age it's not going to tone up to what it was.

I've been left with an awful apron on my stomach and know that surgery is the only option. Just have to keep exercising and keeping it as it is. X

It is Jo. I have to bend over so far my balls are in your face to get a decent picture of it "

have memories of a fab forum night with your balls - floor and polishing comes to mind (think it was you anyway - aplogies in advance if not)

I have the same problem with my stomach after losing 4 and a half stone it's gone saggy as fuck

Ah well

If i did a squat i'd never get back up again!

No useful advice but just wanted to say well done on the weighloss

That's amazing!!

You can get some fantastic creams with elastin and collagen. Some do noticeably work. Palmers do a boob one, which you could use on your bum but you have to do it twice a day! X

"It doesn't look as bad as described in your pics OP!

I'd suggest going super heavy with your squats.. (get advice on form etc in the gym)

"

Thank you. I'll ask them too. There's such good advice on here related to this stuff and I'm going on holiday for a couple of weeks, so I'm hoping to get a few alternative ideas. The gym where I'm going is basic so any additional thoughts would be appreciated

"That's amazing!!

You can get some fantastic creams with elastin and collagen. Some do noticeably work. Palmers do a boob one, which you could use on your bum but you have to do it twice a day! X"

Palmers boob cream eh? I'll need extra resources to run it on for me. I'm not sure I can cope with rubbing my own arse twice a day

"If i did a squat i'd never get back up again!

No useful advice but just wanted to say well done on the weighloss

"

Thank you

Persevere, Doc

"That's amazing!!

You can get some fantastic creams with elastin and collagen. Some do noticeably work. Palmers do a boob one, which you could use on your bum but you have to do it twice a day! X

Palmers boob cream eh? I'll need extra resources to run it on for me. I'm not sure I can cope with rubbing my own arse twice a day "

Bend over!

[Removed by poster at 01/06/17 08:28:36]

"I have the same problem with my stomach after losing 4 and a half stone it's gone saggy as fuck

Ah well "

I imagined I was not alone. My tummy has gone a bit saggy too but not as bad as my bum. Hopefully there'll be some good advice for us all.

Oh and well done on your weight loss.

"It doesn't look as bad as described in your pics OP!

"

My most recent rear view pics aren't up but I could post one to show you

"Persevere, Doc "

I intend to mate - thanks

That's quite the transformation... hats off to you sir

The weighted hip thrust (no, not that one) has been shown to isolate the buttocks very effectively. Just don't make eye contact with anyone

"Congrats on being agile enough to see your arse...lovely photo's too "

To be honest I noticed it doing my latest photos. So I had a mini iPhone tripod to thank - my agility still needs much work

;-)

Thanks

"I have the same problem with my stomach after losing 4 and a half stone it's gone saggy as fuck

Ah well

I imagined I was not alone. My tummy has gone a bit saggy too but not as bad as my bum. Hopefully there'll be some good advice for us all.

Oh and well done on your weight loss. "

Thanks

Having had 3 kids and leaving it as long as I have to lose weight probably hasn't helped my cause

Well done to you too

Guess we can never have it all

"Think we need pics of your saggy arse to be able to properly assess it "

Ok Evie I'll put one up

"Right here's the thing. As some of you know I've lost more than a few pounds over the last year and have dropped 6 inches in waist size and gone from XL to Medium in my tops. While I've still got another stone to go in weight loss and I'm chuffed with my progress, I have found a downside.

My formerly quite pert arse now has an excess of saggy skin that makes a St Bernard's Dog's face look botoxed.

Will my daily work out which involves some combination of weighted squats, weighted lunges, leg presses, leg curls, leg extensions, running, cycling, stair machine and cross-trainer, combined with daily moisturising, tighten it up?

Or am I now beyond hope, at the age of 53, with my natural elastin and collagen resources so depleted, that I need to resign myself to my arse looking like Clement Freud's face until it returns to dust?

"

Show me the evidence and see if I can help you

"Well I've dropped over 8st so can totally relate to you, unfortunately at our age it's not going to tone up to what it was.

I've been left with an awful apron on my stomach and know that surgery is the only option. Just have to keep exercising and keeping it as it is. X "

Wow that's a great achievement - I hope you find a solution that works. It's a shame after all the hard work we're left with so much of the remnants of the way were

"Right here's the thing. As some of you know I've lost more than a few pounds over the last year and have dropped 6 inches in waist size and gone from XL to Medium in my tops. While I've still got another stone to go in weight loss and I'm chuffed with my progress, I have found a downside.

Show me the evidence and see if I can help you "

Ok the pic is up - no filters no clever poses - just a saggy arse

By *arksMan  over a year ago

in the centre

Simple effective way to combat this would be to pop into your local stationers for a couple of bulldog clips and pull the looser skin up until buttocks are left again and attach clips half way up the back

have memories of a fab forum night with your balls - floor and polishing comes to mind (think it was you anyway - aplogies in advance if not) "

Oh God I've got a picture of my balls that hang to the floor in the latest set too

That was such a funny thread - I miss Femme as a catalyst for such mirth

"Simple effective way to combat this would be to pop into your local stationers for a couple of bulldog clips and pull the looser skin up until buttocks are left again and attach clips half way up the back "

I've got loads of bulldog clips somewhere I'll give it a try;-)

Ok the pic is up - no filters no clever poses - just a saggy arse "

Wow looks good to me a friend told me that squats are the best exercise for the bum he lost 7 stones and looks amazing so keep it up pardon the pun

Wow looks good to me a friend told me that squats are the best exercise for the bum he lost 7 stones and looks amazing so keep it up pardon the pun "

I've got a better one picture of my arse about to be posted but I know the poses that work

Wow looks good to me a friend told me that squats are the best exercise for the bum he lost 7 stones and looks amazing so keep it up pardon the pun "

I've got a better picture of my arse about to be posted but I know the poses that work

"Well I've dropped over 8st so can totally relate to you, unfortunately at our age it's not going to tone up to what it was.

I've been left with an awful apron on my stomach and know that surgery is the only option. Just have to keep exercising and keeping it as it is. X

Wow that's a great achievement - I hope you find a solution that works. It's a shame after all the hard work we're left with so much of the remnants of the way were "

Yes Spanx lol. It is but unless I win the lottery I'll just live with it x

Wow looks good to me a friend told me that squats are the best exercise for the bum he lost 7 stones and looks amazing so keep it up pardon the pun

I've got a better picture of my arse about to be posted but I know the poses that work "

Yes I bet you do

Wow that's a great achievement - I hope you find a solution that works. It's a shame after all the hard work we're left with so much of the remnants of the way were

Yes Spanx lol. It is but unless I win the lottery I'll just live with it x "

Let's hope SexySingleStud's numbers come in then

I've got a better picture of my arse about to be posted but I know the poses that work

Yes I bet you do "

It's up now

Ive lost 7 stone but not as yet got any saggy bits.. i swam the entire time I was losing it daily.. so maybe that helped.

Yes I bet you do

It's up now "

I like

It's a common misconception that saggy skin is actually saggy skin. As an experiment, pinch the skin on the back of your hand. See how thin the pinch is?

If you can pinch more than in an area which you're classing as saggy skin then it's fat. Not skin. And this is where the problem lies. The skin is an organ and continually rejuvenate. It will not hang off you.

There are only really two options.

Option 1? Continue to loose fat, although depending on how much fat you were carrying and the length of time it was there this may not entirely work. Fat cells, once created, are rarely lost. They just grow or shrink (why once you've lost a lot of fat it's easy to gain it back)

Two? Surgery. Lipo etc.

option 1 is your best bet. Just keep

Doing what you're doing!

"Ive lost 7 stone but not as yet got any saggy bits.. i swam the entire time I was losing it daily.. so maybe that helped. "

That's amazing. well done you

I'm swimming too but perhaps I didn't start soon enough

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

First thing is to recognise you have done so well in losing the weight and it has taken time. Now you may have to realise there may be no quick fix to tone up but it'll be a gradual process? I expect if you keep doing what you are doing, concentrating on you glutes and hams, with smaller weights and larger repetitions, things will round out.

"It's a common misconception that saggy skin is actually saggy skin. As an experiment, pinch the skin on the back of your hand. See how thin the pinch is?

If you can pinch more than in an area which you're classing as saggy skin then it's fat. Not skin. And this is where the problem lies. The skin is an organ and continually rejuvenate. It will not hang off you.

Option 1? Continue to loose fat, although depending on how much fat you were carrying and the length of time it was there this may not entirely work. Fat cells, once created, are rarely lost. They just grow or shrink (why once you've lost a lot of fat it's easy to gain it back)

Two? Surgery. Lipo etc.

Doing what you're doing! "

Thanks - that's interesting so it's a saggy fat arse I've got

"First thing is to recognise you have done so well in losing the weight and it has taken time. Now you may have to realise there may be no quick fix to tone up but it'll be a gradual process? I expect if you keep doing what you are doing, concentrating on you glutes and hams, with smaller weights and larger repetitions, things will round out. "
Here's hoping

By *uteness69Woman  over a year ago

Walthamstow

Ok the pic is up - no filters no clever poses - just a saggy arse "

not that bad at all!

swimming will help

"It's a common misconception that saggy skin is actually saggy skin. As an experiment, pinch the skin on the back of your hand. See how thin the pinch is?

Two? Surgery. Lipo etc.

Doing what you're doing!

Thanks - that's interesting so it's a saggy fat arse I've got "

Haha I didn't say that

Just keep plugging away and it'll come good eventually. Been there myself, still there really! Unfortunately the only quick fix involves a surgeon

"Persevere, Doc

I intend to mate - thanks "

Pilates is blooming brilliant for core, arse and legs. I keep meaning to go back to it. It's marvellous for breathing and focusing/de-stressing (at least That's how I found it to be)

"Persevere, Doc

Pilates is blooming brilliant for core, arse and legs. I keep meaning to go back to it. It's marvellous for breathing and focusing/de-stressing (at least That's how I found it to be)"

I've heard that. I may have to rethink my schedule and see if I can fit some yoga and Pilates classes in. My gym has all of those classes free with my membership so I may rejig it once September comes and I'm no longer going to the gym with my son.

Two? Surgery. Lipo etc.

Doing what you're doing!

Thanks - that's interesting so it's a saggy fat arse I've got

Haha I didn't say that

Just keep plugging away and it'll come good eventually. Been there myself, still there really! Unfortunately the only quick fix involves a surgeon"

I know you didn't- it's just my warped sense of humour - I have no intention of a surgeon sticking a knife anywhere near me unless it's for health reasons. I don't want a quick fix I just want to regimen that improves things

Your insight about fatty tissue was great as I had the misconception

By *ingle Beds LassWoman  over a year ago

Bedfordshire

My instructor said lunges and squats are good for your arse but dint expect miracles.. mine is looking more rounded rather than flat lately... and I don't do weighted squats and lunges

Bedfordshire

"Persevere, Doc

Pilates is blooming brilliant for core, arse and legs. I keep meaning to go back to it. It's marvellous for breathing and focusing/de-stressing (at least That's how I found it to be)

I've heard that. I may have to rethink my schedule and see if I can fit some yoga and Pilates classes in. My gym has all of those classes free with my membership so I may rejig it once September comes and I'm no longer going to the gym with my son."

Pilates is good for everything.. . Haven't tried yoga, but my balance is totally off so will wait for that lol

"Persevere, Doc

I've heard that. I may have to rethink my schedule and see if I can fit some yoga and Pilates classes in. My gym has all of those classes free with my membership so I may rejig it once September comes and I'm no longer going to the gym with my son.

Pilates is good for everything.. . Haven't tried yoga, but my balance is totally off so will wait for that lol"

My balance is improving but I guess Pilates and yoga will improve it further.

Skin will only stretch so far, I was quite big many moons ago, lost 5 stone but now my torso has excess skin on it, without surgery it ain't gunna go I'm afraid, maybe do more squats but that will only help so far.

"Skin will only stretch so far, I was quite big many moons ago, lost 5 stone but now my torso has excess skin on it, without surgery it ain't gunna go I'm afraid, maybe do more squats but that will only help so far."

I'll just keep working at it. I'm enjoying exercising so much now that just experimenting with different things may help.

Mine won't shrink back. Crap skin and old age. So I decided to stay chubby- the fat fills me out better. I'll never be slim but I'm happy with that now. And it means I can eat chocolate still. Good luck OP. x

"Mine won't shrink back. Crap skin and old age. So I decided to stay chubby- the fat fills me out better. I'll never be slim but I'm happy with that now. And it means I can eat chocolate still. Good luck OP. x"

It's taken me ages to realise it was you in your new guise until the boots reappeared- have you got tickets for Queen & Adam in December?

"Mine won't shrink back. Crap skin and old age. So I decided to stay chubby- the fat fills me out better. I'll never be slim but I'm happy with that now. And it means I can eat chocolate still. Good luck OP. x"

I still eat chocolate and drink wine and cocktails at the weekend and did throughout the weight loss so far. I'm buggered if getting fitter and healthier is going to stop some of my pleasures in life

"Ive lost 7 stone but not as yet got any saggy bits.. i swam the entire time I was losing it daily.. so maybe that helped.

I'm swimming too but perhaps I didn't start soon enough "

i started swimming first.. then dieting. Then added the gym and aqua etc.. still got 4 stone to lose and lost all motivation

"Ive lost 7 stone but not as yet got any saggy bits.. i swam the entire time I was losing it daily.. so maybe that helped.

I'm swimming too but perhaps I didn't start soon enough i started swimming first.. then dieting. Then added the gym and aqua etc.. still got 4 stone to lose and lost all motivation "

You're looking good - love your outdoor pics - that has become my new thing this summer.

I'm swimming too but perhaps I didn't start soon enough i started swimming first.. then dieting. Then added the gym and aqua etc.. still got 4 stone to lose and lost all motivation

You're looking good - love your outdoor pics - that has become my new thing this summer. "

the latest were because I was bored and wanted to send mr some nice photos. Well done on your weight loss too

I'm swimming too but perhaps I didn't start soon enough i started swimming first.. then dieting. Then added the gym and aqua etc.. still got 4 stone to lose and lost all motivation

You're looking good - love your outdoor pics - that has become my new thing this summer. "

the latest were because I was bored and wanted to send mr some nice photos. Well done on your weight loss too

Bedfordshire

And look young... fat don't crack

By *iss.HoneyWoman  over a year ago

My arse is nice and pert through no exercise

You're looking good - love your outdoor pics - that has become my new thing this summer. the latest were because I was bored and wanted to send mr some nice photos. Well done on your weight loss too"

Thanks

"Mine won't shrink back. Crap skin and old age. So I decided to stay chubby- the fat fills me out better. I'll never be slim but I'm happy with that now. And it means I can eat chocolate still. Good luck OP. x

And look young... fat don't crack "

Very true but I prefer the health benefits of my new regime

[Removed by poster at 01/06/17 11:14:31]

"My arse is nice and pert through no exercise "

Indeed it is....it deserves to exercised daily

I'm telling you, hip thrusts work magic.

"I'm telling you, hip thrusts work magic. "

Haha I can imagine they a fucking magic

I think I'll start with getting the idea of glute bridges before I start thrusting a barbell

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Well done on the transformation op.

As for saggy skin i seriously couldnt care less about mine. I call it my life saving scars. If i hadnt lost weight id be dead.

Is having a saggy arse really that bad?

"I'm telling you, hip thrusts work magic.

I think I'll start with getting the idea of glute bridges before I start thrusting a barbell "

It's pretty much the same exercise, just that the upper-body is raised. And you can start with no load, progress to a dumbbell and take it from there. You'll soon have the derrière of a baby and be even more of a thursting machine

It's better than having saggy arses on your skin, I guess.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Your arse looks alright to me but I think using some firming cream would perhaps help to Need a hand?

"Well done on the transformation op.

As for saggy skin i seriously couldnt care less about mine. I call it my life saving scars. If i hadnt lost weight id be dead.

Is having a saggy arse really that bad?"

I get that for you DS. Your transformation was inspirational for a few on here. I don't mind having a saggy bottom at all, I'm just pleased I'm so much fitter and healthier, but if I can change it I might as well have a go.

I'm enjoying exercise so much now I might as well have a go at a few new ones. Not having a saggy bottom is not really the goal, I thought it would be a fun light-hearted way to get some new ideas as I know others would like ideas too.

"It's better than having saggy arses on your skin, I guess."

I promise not to sit in you Lib

"Your arse looks alright to me but I think using some firming cream would perhaps help to Need a hand? "

Many hands make light work

"Persevere, Doc

I've heard that. I may have to rethink my schedule and see if I can fit some yoga and Pilates classes in. My gym has all of those classes free with my membership so I may rejig it once September comes and I'm no longer going to the gym with my son."

When you are working any muscle, ensure you are engaging it, ie ensure you're contracting the right muscle. It is very easy not to, through poor positioning.

I think I'll start with getting the idea of glute bridges before I start thrusting a barbell

It's pretty much the same exercise, just that the upper-body is raised. And you can start with no load, progress to a dumbbell and take it from there. You'll soon have the derrière of a baby and be even more of a thursting machine "

Struth what will I use my reconditioned thrusting machine for?

"Persevere, Doc

When you are working any muscle, ensure you are engaging it, ie ensure you're contracting the right muscle. It is very easy not to, through poor positioning."

Crikey - that might mean looking in a mirror

It's pretty much the same exercise, just that the upper-body is raised. And you can start with no load, progress to a dumbbell and take it from there. You'll soon have the derrière of a baby and be even more of a thursting machine

Struth what will I use my reconditioned thrusting machine for? "

Well that's your dilemma, but I reckon there'll be an orderly queue formed ready to inspect your newly transformed derrière and skillz

Well that's your dilemma, but I reckon there'll be an orderly queue formed ready to inspect your newly transformed derrière and skillz "

A queue forming for me.. that'll be the day. They may catch a glimpse of me in a pair of jeans at the Manchester social - that'll be enough to ensure there's no queue

Well that's your dilemma, but I reckon there'll be an orderly queue formed ready to inspect your newly transformed derrière and skillz

A queue forming for me.. that'll be the day. They may catch a glimpse of me in a pair of jeans at the Manchester social - that'll be enough to ensure there's no queue "

We'll see

Maybe save up and get a bum tuck? Lose skin will only firm up so much once stretched over a long period of time especially as you get older.

Try everything else first though

"Maybe save up and get a bum tuck? Lose skin will only firm up so much once stretched over a long period of time especially as you get older.

Try everything else first though "

I'm going to avoid the surgeon's knife unless my health requires it. I'm not that bothered, I just want to do anything I can that's natural and fits with my new healthier lifestyle. I like trying new things.

Tried doing pelvic bridges today as a precursor to pelvic thrusts

just need some good music to play on the jukebox while I'm doing them

"Mine won't shrink back. Crap skin and old age. So I decided to stay chubby- the fat fills me out better. I'll never be slim but I'm happy with that now. And it means I can eat chocolate still. Good luck OP. x

It's taken me ages to realise it was you in your new guise until the boots reappeared- have you got tickets for Queen & Adam in December? "

I missed my boots..

Heck yes, I'm going to Leeds!! Are you going? I can't wait!

It's taken me ages to realise it was you in your new guise until the boots reappeared- have you got tickets for Queen & Adam in December?

I missed my boots..

Heck yes, I'm going to Leeds!! Are you going? I can't wait!"

Manchester

» Add a new message to this topic