FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > West Coast Road Trip

West Coast Road Trip

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *erfectlyPerverted OP   Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

July creeps steadily towards us, and it's almost time for us to take off for San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago and San Diego.

Chicago is, possibly, one of the best cities in the US for food, and San Diego is the location of ComicCon.

We arrive in, and depart from San Francisco; Chicago is a Virgin America side-trip for nine days.

We have a packing list, a pile of Dollar bills for ComicCon, hotel bookings and an AK240.

The road trip runs from San Fransisco south to Los Angeles and San Diego, with reversal after ComicCon.

So, Fabsters, let's have your music suggestions for this year's trip.

City specific works well, as does anything to drive to in the car; it's going to be hot, so the roof will be down.

Chill out music for the hotels will be a bonus.

Tank Girl

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Make sure you do a little stop off in Monterey and go on a little whale watching excursion, you might even catch a Blue Whale!

Have fun! I did a similar trip a couple of years ago although no Chicago or ComicCon!

Enjoy

The Lovin Spoonful - Summer in the City

Oh and San Francisco is my fave US city to date, you'll have a great time. Properly jealous!

Bristol

We spent four nights in Monterey last October on our way south to Santa Barbara, along the US 101; a great drive!

Then Pasadena, inland to Las Vegas, Death Valley and the Grand Canyon before heading north to Lake Tahoe.

Five weeks of awesomeness!

Bristol

"Oh and San Francisco is my fave US city to date, you'll have a great time. Properly jealous! "

Ours too; we keep on going back!

Last year we visited The Armoury; most interesting ........

Tank Girl

Bristol

"The Lovin Spoonful - Summer in the City"

Thanks for that; we'll take a listen on Quobuz.

"We spent four nights in Monterey last October on our way south to Santa Barbara, along the US 101; a great drive!

Then Pasadena, inland to Las Vegas, Death Valley and the Grand Canyon before heading north to Lake Tahoe.

Five weeks of awesomeness! "

sounds amazing! I went inland to Yosemite for a few days, also did Vegas and the Grand Canyon like you, then down the coast. California is a fantastic state isn't it? Probably my fave in the States an the people are awesome (in some other states I've found the welcome mixed, but everyone was amazing in California!)

Enjoy!!

Bristol

"California is a fantastic state isn't it? Probably my fave in the States an the people are awesome (in some other states I've found the welcome mixed, but everyone was amazing in California!)

Enjoy!! "

It is; it is so laid back, and even driving down fairly major roads you get frequent draughts of herbal aromas.

Seattle is definitely worth the time...fun city to explore and great people as well !

Bristol

We'll be heading to Seattle next April, on the way to the Timberline Lodge Horror Film Festival.

Timberline Lodge was used for the outdoor shots of the 'Overlook Hotel' in Kubrick's 'The Shining'.

Four days of horror films, horror games, lots of creepiness and snow.

TG

» Add a new message to this topic