FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > white rabbits

white rabbits

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heekychezza OP   Woman  over a year ago

warrington

does anyone know why you're supposed to say white rabbits on the first day of the month......

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Thought that was just March xx

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

"does anyone know why you're supposed to say white rabbits on the first day of the month...... "

must be a northern thing, we say pinch punch first day of the month (with actions) quickly followed by NO RETURNS!

"does anyone know why you're supposed to say white rabbits on the first day of the month...... "
only 1st of march...surely?

By *heekychezza OP   Woman  over a year ago

warrington

"does anyone know why you're supposed to say white rabbits on the first day of the month...... only 1st of march...surely? "

dunno....we've always said it on the first of every month...but I've never quite understood why.....

Norfolk

"does anyone know why you're supposed to say white rabbits on the first day of the month...... only 1st of march...surely? "

I thought it was March Hares

"

I thought it was March Hares "

Bald man we now had rabbits tatooed onto his head

When i asked him why he said "from a distance they look like hares"

"

I thought it was March Hares

Bald man we now had rabbits tatooed onto his head

When i asked him why he said "from a distance they look like hares" "

far too early in the morning for crap jokes xx

Good morning Alice...wheres the Tea Party....and the hallucinagenic drugs????

Norfolk

Party? yes please we're at lose end today, well actually we are as bored as you know what so any offers will be given very serious consideration in fact can give you the answer now ..... yes of course we'll come

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

The exact origin of the superstition is unknown, though it has appeared in print at least as early as 1954[citation needed] in Bromley, Kent, where it is most commonly said to have originated, though some reports place its origins even earlier, into the 1800s. Today it has spread to most of the English-speaking countries of the world, although like all folklore, determining its exact area of distribution is difficult. This superstition is related to the broader belief in the rabbit or hare being a “lucky” animal, as exhibited in the practice of carrying a rabbit's foot for luck. Some have also believed it is representing a jumping into the future and moving ahead with life and happiness

wiki again

Norfolk

"does anyone know why you're supposed to say white rabbits on the first day of the month......

The exact origin of the superstition is unknown, though it has appeared in print at least as early as 1954[citation needed] in Bromley, Kent, where it is most commonly said to have originated, though some reports place its origins even earlier, into the 1800s. Today it has spread to most of the English-speaking countries of the world, although like all folklore, determining its exact area of distribution is difficult. This superstition is related to the broader belief in the rabbit or hare being a “lucky” animal, as exhibited in the practice of carrying a rabbit's foot for luck. Some have also believed it is representing a jumping into the future and moving ahead with life and happiness

wiki again"

K has just told me tey say it at her work all the time - we really must communicate better) but if it originated in 1954 it must be a absolutely true and of a great vintage lol

» Add a new message to this topic