FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Losing Weight

Losing Weight

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ilandlarry OP   Couple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

Stepped on the scales last week for the first time in a while and was distraught at finding out I was a lot heavier than

a) I used to be

b) I want to be

I have started eating healthier, counting calories etc and have managed to lose 3lb in about a week.

I ordered a DVD from play, 30 day shred it's called. Just been upstairs to do it and OMFG! I am about half dead here! lol

Anyone else tried it? Or got any tips for toning up and losing weight?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uss PussWoman  over a year ago

east cheshire

I lost weight by not shoving so much food in my gob....simple but effective

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

honestly without sounding like a know it all twat ...i would say eat healthy regular exercise dont over do it and be determined give it a bit of time not going to happen over night just common sense stuff really .....good luck you can do it !!!

Eat less, walk more. Have managed to drop 2 dress sizes in less than a year and saved shed loads of money....

"I lost weight by not shoving so much food in my gob....simple but effective "

All the above but set yourself mini goals or targets if you have a lot to loose so it seems less daunting. Say half a stone then reward yourself but not with food maybe a trip to hairdressers or something or pamper evening.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I lost 5 pounds last week....I was gutted until I found a tenner in my best trousers pocket.

you can eat anything really within reason

am trying myself to shed a few

just have learn also to eat before 7pm drink less T or coffee, drink water instead that helps;

an the hard bit is cut down on the alcohol

hope it goes good

"I lost 5 pounds last week....I was gutted until I found a tenner in my best trousers pocket. "

I started fabs diet threads great tips on there I have lost over 4 stone in a year and gone from a size 28 down to size 20 now trying for 18 but am stuck. My excersise is swimming 3 times a week plus I bike down to itters park with the kids 2 miles away from home and they have the outdoor excersise equiptment. So still getting fit but have platoed on the loosing weight.

I don't drink very much alcohol, if any at all tbh. My downfall was cola and eating once the kids were in bed ... loneliness!

Snacking has almost all gone, the food I am buying is getting healthier. No more crisps and biscuits to feed on! I'm drinking about 4 pints of water a day so it's all going the right way

try a zumba class its great fun and helps tone and lose weight

"try a zumba class its great fun and helps tone and lose weight "

Starting on Tuesday I think!

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

If any one is concerned about losing weight, try looking in the last place you remember seeing it. That sometimes works for me.

Got a job as a postie, that was simply, oodles of walking, 3 and a half hrs a day, lost 2 and a half stone in 2 months, but without cutting out anything, might of been a bigger drop in weight if never had the mars, crisps and cola en-route, im not saying exercise n still eat rubbish,im sure if do both healthy options it will be great.

LOL

1) Eat whatever food you like...just eat smaller portions.....

2) Stay away from Gassy juice etc...especially DIET ...is more gassy has less sugar but makes up for it in artificial sweetener

3) Alcohol...drink in moderation...OK I don't drink,,, but when I did I avoided beer..try an odd glass of wine....spirits, cocktails etc tend to use mixers like Coke,lemonade etc that are fattening

4) Exercise....Start easy...go for a brisk walk, not leisurely stroll.....ideally 30mins a day, 3 days per week...do not overdo it then injures you or becomes a chore..

5) Join a class..Body pump, combat, or any other cardiovascular class in your local gym.....

6) For the old farts like me try Tai Chi believe me it works wonders for you...being doing now for 44 years or so, most therapeutic thing I've done....

7) For the youngsters... tip of the year...do not overdo your exercise routine....stick to maximum 3 days a week and rest between days....muscles grow and tone...but need to rest and repair in between...

By *usharellaWoman  over a year ago

newcastle upon tyne

i have lost just over 12 and a half stone in under a year set your self small targets and you will get the result you want i have xx

"i have lost just over 12 and a half stone in under a year set your self small targets and you will get the result you want i have xx

"

Thats brilliant, you yourself must feel brill, x

try cycling dose it good also

omg well done.how did u achieve that.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"i have lost just over 12 and a half stone in under a year set your self small targets and you will get the result you want i have xx

"

well done

Eat less, eat healthier, and exercise more.

When I am busy I eat less.

Having a good pair of walking boots makes me want to walk for longer and farther.

And I have taken up ballroom dancing recently.

I tend to have my main meal at lunch, to give it time to digest.

I never go on a diet, just cut downs, and I still eat what I like, just less of, that's all.

I may be overweight but not clinically obese. However, I am in relative good health with no health issues.

I am trying to steady my weight, and to loose a few pounds, so as not to put too much strain on my knees and ankles.

I am happy for what I am, and am not going to strain myself trying to be slimmer by depriving myself of one of life's simplest pleasures - the joy of eating!

The Joy of eating.

For many years I competed at a high level in martial sports.

I had to maintain a particular weight to fight in my class...ask any boxer, kick boxer etc how hard this can be.

I love FOOD....expecially Italian and Chinese.........

I am also a trained chef....I practice on my self.........

Just cutting down your intake and burn off more than you take in and watch the pounds fall off......

Tie a bit of string round your waist Lil, and when it gets too tight stop eating. Start eating when your string is loose again.

(all said with a tongue and a haribo firmly in cheek)

Have a glass of water with meals learn to put cutlery down while eating. Cut down portions and learn to know when your full if you feel peckish have a glass of water. And most important have breakfast biggest difference for me breakfast and no snacking in between meals.

I'm not dieting but I am exercising. I go to the gym twice a week and zumba once a week. I feel better for doing it though.

Hi

Its not easy keeping fit, and there is no easy healthy way of doing it you need to eat a healthy low carb diet, and have regular exercise, running is probably the best way of losing weight, but also very boring for some people, and hard work. My advice would be watch what you eat, and find a hobby that burns calories, such as dancing, or rockclimbing, boxing ect that way its more fun works for me. oh also being a good cook helps! eating healthy does not need to be boring

hope this helps and good luck

best bit of advice I would offer is to join a slimming class.

I joined Slimming World with Kate at end of January. I can't believe how easy it has been. The "group thing" is what has kept me on track, and it's nothing to do with me being the only bloke with 52 women

Kate and me have lost nearly 4st between us. Nearly 2.1/2st for me. I hope to be at my target weight in the next 3 weeks, then I get it free as long as I stay within 3lbs of my target weight

By *iggles and BeardyCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

After two weeks, by belly nolonger hangs over my jeans.

Stepped off a buss yesterday and had to stop my jeans falling off lol :P

Eating healthyier but main thing I think is the severe cut down on ! i'm also alot more active and have taken over cooking the meals in house (keep cooking food I don't like but family love)

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"best bit of advice I would offer is to join a slimming class.

I joined Slimming World with Kate at end of January. I can't believe how easy it has been. The "group thing" is what has kept me on track, and it's nothing to do with me being the only bloke with 52 women

Kate and me have lost nearly 4st between us. Nearly 2.1/2st for me. I hope to be at my target weight in the next 3 weeks, then I get it free as long as I stay within 3lbs of my target weight "

i second that, i lost nearly 4 stone with sw.Quick fixes do not work,you just put the weight back on.You need to look at your diet and lifestyle and consider what needs to change.i realised i ate for comfort,or through boredom.Breaking that cycle was the most important step.

In short, there is no quick/easy way to lose weight.

If you eat more calories then you burn off you put on weight, ergo...

A) Consume less calories

B) Do more activities to burn off calories

A combination of the two will be a surefire way to shred unwanted lbs. I know it looks like its easier said then done.. because it is!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

If i could give just one piece of advice thats not already been given its write down everything you eat. Then you will be able to see where you are going wrong

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

Lil, just shag the life out of Larry when he gets home... oh wait, you'll be doing that anyway!!

"Lil, just shag the life out of Larry when he gets home... oh wait, you'll be doing that anyway!! "

lmao! just have to wait a while longer. 8 sleeps!

Diamond, I am writing it down. I have an online log of my food intake and any exercise done. It tells me how many calories I am allowed a day, how much is in the food I am eating etc. I have been overzealous with housework, pushing myself until I'm sweating ... burns more calories that you realise! lol

» Add a new message to this topic