FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > dispaches tonight

dispaches tonight

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Wow makes me want to stop donating to wwf but then agen if my money goes to save one animal im happy i donate to wwf,rspaca and dogstrust love them all

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Missed it but did see the trailers. Is it worth watching on line?

"Missed it but did see the trailers. Is it worth watching on line?"

Would say yes mate a real eye opener defo one to watch

all the Head members / chairmen of such charities drive around in brand new bmw/mercedes.. and they werent donations or gifts from the car manufacturers either ..

your lucky if 2 or 3 pence in every whole " £1 - pound" donated makes it past all the paperwork !!!! fact

"all the Head members / chairmen of such charities drive around in brand new bmw/mercedes.. and they werent donations or gifts from the car manufacturers either ..

your lucky if 2 or 3 pence in every whole " £1 - pound" donated makes it past all the paperwork !!!! fact

"

So true mite stop my wwf donations but not my rspca or dogstrust because they do spend about 2.50 of every 4 pound on the dogswitch makes me happy

"Missed it but did see the trailers. Is it worth watching on line?

Would say yes mate a real eye opener defo one to watch"

I am all for giving to some charities but it looked like some real corruption with the animal ones.

I am all for giving to some charities but it looked like some real corruption with the animal ones."

Yes big conservation ones not the local pet ones

I am all for giving to some charities but it looked like some real corruption with the animal ones.

Yes big conservation ones not the local pet ones

"

Don't tell mew its some govt officials creaming the cash and getting violent with people looking into it. Shits the lot of them.

By *aveandkate35Couple  over a year ago

telford

I didn't see this program so can't comment on it specificallly..... However I did used to work for an animal charity where over 1 million/ month was spent on salaries alone. The MD alone was on in excess of 250k pa. Plus benefits.

When I went there and found this out I was gutted my donations felt like they were paying for his flash company car and salary....

Later I found out that since he'd joined He'd restructured and introduced lots of initiatives that had actually resulted in more than 10 million growth in the first year and increased it again in his second year.

As a charity this meant huge amount of additional funds went to the cause.

So on reflection, he actually seemed like good value for money.

Ta.

D.

A programme can only be portrayed in the light the programme maker wants to show. This programme focused on the negative side of fund raising and left out all the good charities have done.

To be fair to the reporter, his remit was to uncover the corruption in charity fundraising/conservationism and he did that well I thought. In particular, when he went to the AWF offices in Nairobi and showed them photos of murdered 18y/o tribal men who were forced off their land so it could be 'conserved' the woman he was interviewing got shitty and told him to stop filming. She denied the AWF (African Wildlife Fund) were involved and that thet AWF had been tried to sell back the land to the previous owner and get their money back (like he's long gone with a nice pot of charity cash).

The WWF didn't fare too much better as they were shown to be associated with an American company exporting natural water from Fiji that tasted no better than tap water and the company producing it lied glibly about having a carbon-free footprint.

Would I contribute to conservationist causes?

I didn't before the progamme, so most definately won't now.

Didn't see the programme as was busy but I've cats, that's enough help the animals I'm going to do

» Add a new message to this topic