FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Abuse at work

Abuse at work

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *isscheekychops OP   Woman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

If I got told to fuck off it must of been 50 times today... I am also a fat deranged useless slag...

Anyway how is everyone today??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

"If I got told to fuck off it must of been 50 times today... I am also a fat deranged useless slag...

Anyway how is everyone today?? "

wow! nice place you work

Hope your evening is beetter x

By *prite128Woman  over a year ago

maidstone

sounds like we have similar jobs!

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"If I got told to fuck off it must of been 50 times today... I am also a fat deranged useless slag...

Wow, just think of the compensation.

Oh, and fine thanks.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

doing the job you do it must be par for the course to get abuse however it is never ever justified to speak to someone like that xx

deep breath, lots of wine and maybe some good sex to get it out of the sytem

someone once told me they hoped i died of cancer because i wouldnt refund them the £800 they were in arrears of paying by 6 months!!!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

you must work with some seriously unprofessional people.. tell them there are plenty on fabs who would take their jobs

You selling double glazing..... sorry it was my tourets kicking in when you phoned.

In my previous jobs I was called Cunt so often I actually began to think it was my first name. Abuse in jobs doesnt bother me as I am quite used to it

try not 2 be a pub steward or even a football steward for that matter

one of the worst jobs i ever took on.

doing concert is the best thing out of it

o the language we get from some punters is shocking

You must have some mettle to take that kind of verbal as I'd have jumped down the phone line, ripped the fucker's head off and shit down his neck.

evesham

to be fair the abuse doenst bother me, what bothers me is people thinking 'you choose to do this job therefore you expect to get shouted at and called names, its my right to do it'

and its usually the jobless lazy fekkers in society that take this attitude and that pisses me off even more!!!

"to be fair the abuse doenst bother me, what bothers me is people thinking 'you choose to do this job therefore you expect to get shouted at and called names, its my right to do it'

and its usually the jobless lazy fekkers in society that take this attitude and that pisses me off even more!!! "

Yes you are spot on

Anyway how is everyone today??

You selling double glazing..... sorry it was my tourets kicking in when you phoned. "

That made me

ah sorry i presumed your workmates were being abusive, sorry xxx

"ah sorry i presumed your workmates were being abusive, sorry xxx"

No its the peeps I try and house

By *ornyHorwichCpl aka HHCCouple  over a year ago

horwich

If that's a colleague there's no place for it and should be reported. If thats a client, blackmark their file. No idea what job you do but sounds like money collection of some sort. Refuse to help them and laugh when the bailiffs move in

you should never have to put up with abuse in the work place.

not where you ladies are concerned.

Diamond are you ok love?

In a previous job where the client was of similar gratitude we would move their file to the LBW archive...

Let the Bastards Wait...

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"ah sorry i presumed your workmates were being abusive, sorry xxx

No its the peeps I try and house "

Okay.... call me stupid, but I dont get it, YOU are trying to help THEM, and you get that abuse? Is that right?

Wankers!!!!

By *ittlemorespiceCouple  over a year ago

North Cornwall

Wow, where do you work? Tesco?

Mistress x

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Your manager should step forward and proactievly support you....

Never had that sort of crap thank god, but i do make the tea from time to time and vengeance fury, gob and the rest makes people think

"Your manager should step forward and proactievly support you...."

Unfortunately in our line of work - that sort of behaviour is considered "normal"

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"Your manager should step forward and proactievly support you....

Unfortunately in our line of work - that sort of behaviour is considered "normal" "

The manager/ment should deal with it, supported by your union.. no employee should be bullied, abused, assaulted or terrorised.

I know easier said than done but the senior managers should support their frontline people...

Therefore dont try that hard then babe xx

Unfortunately in our line of work - that sort of behaviour is considered "normal"

The manager/ment should deal with it, supported by your union.. no employee should be bullied, abused, assaulted or terrorised.

I know easier said than done but the senior managers should support their frontline people..."

I completely agree - unfortunately it doesn't happen and we are still expected to visit these people in their own homes

I know easier said than done but the senior managers should support their frontline people..."

Agreed there are some real abusers who shouldn't be in a position to do so.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I know easier said than done but the senior managers should support their frontline people...

I completely agree - unfortunately it doesn't happen and we are still expected to visit these people in their own homes "

Do the senior people not spend time 'back to the floor' jo for day to get a feel for 'operational' real life xx

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

ignore word jo... lol

I completely agree - unfortunately it doesn't happen and we are still expected to visit these people in their own homes

Do the senior people not spend time 'back to the floor' jo for day to get a feel for 'operational' real life xx"

A lot of them have been on the front line so because they've "been there" they think we should just "get on with it"

"to be fair the abuse doenst bother me, what bothers me is people thinking 'you choose to do this job therefore you expect to get shouted at and called names, its my right to do it'

and its usually the jobless lazy fekkers in society that take this attitude and that pisses me off even more!!! "

agree totally, sounds like we do similar jobs

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

[Removed by poster at 20/06/11 21:54:05]

ahah we definitely work in the same line...know the feeling grrrrr

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

how quickly they forget xx

suggest in some upward feedback that once a quarter they clear their diaries and come back ..

worked in the company I previously worked

Bradford

Okay.... call me stupid, but I dont get it, YOU are trying to help THEM, and you get that abuse? Is that right?

Wankers!!!!"

I'm entirely guessing but maybe some peeps start the abuse when they realise they have NOT been helped, no positive outcome. Understandable in that event?

Just asking.

Wankers!!!!

I'm entirely guessing but maybe some peeps start the abuse when they realise they have NOT been helped, no positive outcome. Understandable in that event?

Just asking.

"

Is any abuse understandable?

Just asking

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Wankers!!!!

Just asking.

Is any abuse understandable?

Just asking "

You just beat me to it, HB ... why or why is there any need for abuse? What is wrong with treating others as you want to be treated? Just a thought...

evesham

Wankers!!!!

Just asking.

"

nope never understandable!

obviously i cant answer for everyone else but the abuse i have received in my job comes as a result of the processes i had to follow not being what they wanted. born of frustration perhaps but not my fault.

i think that in todays day and age we are all so used to getting things done straight away and when we have to wait we throw our dolly's out of the pram like spoilt brats

sounds like the clients we deal with when we try and help their ill pets!! ahh the joys of a charity vetinary practice

Bradford

I haven't a clue who does it ( admittedly i do ) but these forums often contain unmerited abuse against "celebrities" such as Jeremy Kyle. Abused because he is doing his "job" which also enetertains, for good or bad, many people on this site.

For all we know he could be a member on this site, would you abuse him then?

Let she or he who is without sin cast the first stone?

Wankers!!!!

Just asking.

"

No it isnt a lot of the time its people having no manners and thinking they are owed something for nothing and can call up and yell abuse at you...(referring to the line of work we are in) its a minority but they are the ones you remember, manners cost nothing and abuse of any kind is not acceptable

"

I haven't a clue who does it ( admittedly i do ) but these forums often contain unmerited abuse against "celebrities" such as Jeremy Kyle. Abused because he is doing his "job" which also enetertains, for good or bad, many people on this site.

"

Well as I don't abuse him then I'm throwing the 1st stone

Wankers!!!!

Just asking.

No it isnt a lot of the time its people having no manners and thinking they are owed something for nothing and can call up and yell abuse at you...(referring to the line of work we are in) its a minority but they are the ones you remember, manners cost nothing and abuse of any kind is not acceptable"

hey xx

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"

"

I dint think you d come out...;-)

evesham

"

"

my be a tad hypocryticlhere but i see these as 2 seperate issues, eing deliberately offensive to someones face in order to hurt them because you cant get your way is completely different to having a go about Jeremy Kyle

of course i wouldnt be abusive to his face and call him names but i would, if asked, air my _iews on his show and how he comes across to me

its all about the way yu put yourself across.

oh and never said i was without sin

If you work in a bar ,does not mean you have to take abuse,i have been in the trade for years now and if someone is rude ,they get told to fuck off,the costomer is not always right

sounds just like a night where i work and i work with kids !

sounds just like a night where i work and i work with kids !

By *oDownEasyMan  over a year ago

Ayrshire

When I worked on a government hellpline(NOT a typo!) I actually enjoyed some of the abuse-I would let them(indeed,encourage) them to work themselves up into a state of total apoplexy..and then cut them off

No help fortcoming, needless to say!

What concerns me from the OP is that these people have to be visited, yet they are known to be nutters...surely there is some form of risk assesment done to ensure staff safety in a potentially hostile environm,ent? If not then they are being put at risk by their management which is wholly unacceptable.

By *he tactile technicianMan  over a year ago

the good lands, the bad lands, the any where you may want me lands

I completely agree, your employer and your immediate line manager have a responsibility to protect you from Harrasment in the workplace, and nowadays that includes protecting you from harrasment, bullying and discrimination by clients or service users t,

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

I completely agree, your employer and your immediate line manager have a responsibility to protect you from Harrasment in the workplace, and nowadays that includes protecting you from harrasment, bullying and discrimination by clients or service users t, "

definately what he said

If you do the job I think you do, may I say that you would be the last person I would insult, having had need to move house due to abusive neighbours 4 1/2 years ago, whenever I had to deal with the people that find you homes I was always polite and when I was upset, which is inevitable in the situation I always acknowledged the persons rights and said I apologise if I seem rude I am very upset and just want the situation sorted out, I didn’t abuse the person or swear at them. There were people I wasn’t very polite to at the time and generally it was only when it was clear that they had ignored the law and my rights as a human being. Must admit at the time I was walking the streets for 2 weeks with a 1yr old at the time as well.

There are some professions that abuse is expected on a regular basis and conflict resolution training is a mandatory requirement. Yes management have a responsibility to their staff but they can't prevent it ie, social work or police staff.

By *ittlemorespiceCouple  over a year ago

North Cornwall

This isnt an option button then? Damn.

Mistress x

evesham

"There are some professions that abuse is expected on a regular basis and conflict resolution training is a mandatory requirement. Yes management have a responsibility to their staff but they can't prevent it ie, social work or police staff. "

I can kind of see what you are saying here iconic but I don't think its right that anyone should expect to be abused. They should be trained and maybe counselled on how to deal with it but I think we need to look to the wider population and understand why some elements think it'd their right to verbally and sometimes physically abuse people who are doing their job!

Working with complex needs/ mentally handicapped...im afraid that abuse can go with the job...in some cases its learnt behaviour but with the right input on a daily basis..this can lessen over time

Unfortunately abuse while at work is not a recent occurrence.

I can remember my father coming home from work one morning after a particularly busy night shift almost 40 years ago.

He was cut bruised and stitched...... his job?

....... a fire fighter on bonfire night extinguishing un-official fires.

Stoned by kids who wanted their fires to remain.

sexual harrassment is another problem at work!!!!

I ain't getting any! That's the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"When I worked on a government hellpline(NOT a typo!) I actually enjoyed some of the abuse-I would let them(indeed,encourage) them to work themselves up into a state of total apoplexy..and then cut them off

What concerns me from the OP is that these people have to be visited, yet they are known to be nutters...surely there is some form of risk assesment done to ensure staff safety in a potentially hostile environm,ent? If not then they are being put at risk by their management which is wholly unacceptable."

We get issued with a rape alarm! LOL

"When I worked on a government hellpline(NOT a typo!) I actually enjoyed some of the abuse-I would let them(indeed,encourage) them to work themselves up into a state of total apoplexy..and then cut them off

What concerns me from the OP is that these people have to be visited, yet they are known to be nutters...surely there is some form of risk assesment done to ensure staff safety in a potentially hostile environm,ent? If not then they are being put at risk by their management which is wholly unacceptable.

We get issued with a rape alarm! LOL "

In work we had issues where in certain roles the women were given panic alarms. shreeked like hell

yes i think most companies issue lone worker alarms/calls etc plus certain people would be put on a risk register therefore not visited alone, they are also given training in personal safety

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

There are some professions where you are more open to abuse than others....not saying it is right, but in some jobs, you kind of expect it.

Where I work it is 'normal' behaviour for people to be rude and abusive towards us..it's not nice and it used to upset me but I knew when I took the position what I was letting myself in for.

Water off a duck's back now...

I have worked as a bus/coach driver, night club steward, bodyguard, exotic dancer,

Names such as dickhead, prick, arsehole, bastard, cunt, etc etc etc were part of the job.....

Knives, guns, swords, beer bottles, hand bags, stilleto shoes are all part of the armoury I've had hurled at me in my time......

The one that riles me the most is a spit in the face, especially from a woman......as soon as you lose it and put a hand on her you are jail bait.....

I had a NED come up to me on a door one night carrying a McDonalds Meal....Took offence because I wouldn't let him in...

Threw a full carton of at my face. How annoying are ice cubes running down your collar......

But it is correct,,,, Senior Management should be looking after your back and not allowing abuse in the work place......

» Add a new message to this topic