FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Anybody watching Game of Thrones?

Anybody watching Game of Thrones?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi!

Anybody waiting eagerly for the next instalment?

The 10th and last is on in the USA in about 3 hours, will see it tomorrow

So; what did you think of it all?

And did you read the books? (I have, but some time ago so I'd forgotten enough of it to make some surprises in the plot for me)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Its awesome! The Dwarf is the star and a right randy sod!

I've been following it from the 1st episode. Bit surprised that Sean Bean got whacked at the end of the last episode.

"I've been following it from the 1st episode. Bit surprised that Sean Bean got whacked at the end of the last episode. "

The show is established now so they don't need the highest paid stars. Besides if you followed the books you might find he hasn't. Good on you for spoiling the story for all who haven't seen the last few episodes though.

"Its awesome! The Dwarf is the star and a right randy sod! "

He is rather convincing isn't he. First time I've seen a dwarf (I don't believe it's CGI) do some really good acting and not there for the stupid 'dwarf: thus ensues hilarity ticket'. Not that he's not funny of course, but it's what he says and not that he's a dwarf.

"I've been following it from the 1st episode. Bit surprised that Sean Bean got whacked at the end of the last episode. "

That's the critical thing about G.R.R Martin's books. You can never be sure what will happen next.

Also, we're going to get lots lots more, there's six books if I remember correctly, so that's six seasons and HBO is very happy to make them all.

"I've been following it from the 1st episode. Bit surprised that Sean Bean got whacked at the end of the last episode.

The show is established now so they don't need the highest paid stars. Besides if you followed the books you might find he hasn't. Good on you for spoiling the story for all who haven't seen the last few episodes though. "

As they didn't actually show him being executed I suspected that he might not have been, so thanks for confirming that. Ta.

I hope HBO does make all 6 series as I've followed a few other series only to find them axed after the second season (Spartacus is one of them).

great programme and a little racy too, the dwarf is a funny guy and the naked ladies are sexy too.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

He is brilliant !!

I am not going to read the rest of this thread as we have sky + the last couple of episodes and I am scared one of you will tell us the ending.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

F*&£ it, I looked.

"F*&£ it, I looked."

He dun't die really. He just gets a bit of a headache. Honest.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

By *rs Sugar Mr SpiceCouple  over a year ago

We are about 15 mins outa Pontypridd and we do go to Crawley in west sussex 2-3 times a year so get in touch !!

Well ive been enjoying it from the 1st episode and its been briill fp but i think that they could have picked someone else to have played Nedd Stark purley beause we seem to be seeing Sean Bean playing this type of roll all the time and when you see any film with a middle aged story line and sword weilding knights in it u half expect to see Sean as a main actor .Surley there are other actors out there who could have played the part for a change

Its filmed here in NI and the next series is being filmed just up the road from me so might have to pop along and have a butchers

By *ercedes62Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

Addicated to the series and cant wait for the 2nd one.

Mercedes x

By *oDownEasyMan  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Loving this too..never heard of it before the series but I am highly impressed. I agree about the guy who plays Tyrion(the "imp") If he doesnt get an award there is no justice. I watched most of it in 1 go having Sky+'d it.

(spoiler alert for those on Sky+!)

And like many I was expecting someone to rescue Sean Bean at the last minute, and was gobsmacked at that!

I have loved it, Sean Bean is my idea of a perfect bit of rough

Yes! Love Tyrion, has to be one the best written characters ever

"

And like many I was expecting someone to rescue Sean Bean at the last minute, and was gobsmacked at that!"

Sssshhh! You're not allowed to say that lol ... apparently he isn't dead. Dunno how you can chop someone's head off and not kill him though.

Ayrshire

"

And like many I was expecting someone to rescue Sean Bean at the last minute, and was gobsmacked at that!

Sssshhh! You're not allowed to say that lol ... apparently he isn't dead. Dunno how you can chop someone's head off and not kill him though. "

Really? I was looking through Wiki at the rest of the books, and he seemed quite brown bread in those articles! It was a quick browse though!

Mind you they do tend to change things for telly

cant wait its not long now

Apparently, Ned's dead baby. That's it. Kaput. He dun come back round here no more.

I love it! I have watched them all, and can't wait for the last episode of this series tonight!

I was shocked too when they killed Sean Bean off, but apparently they are following the books as close as possible so it won't happen. I hope the starks get revenge on the Lanesters apart from Tyrion!!

Woooo roll on 9pm

He looked pretty dead to me!

By *ardybumsCouple  over a year ago

peekin under duvet is it safe?

superb bit of girl on girl action i saw whilst channel hopping didnt expect to see that on a dungeons n dragons type programme

Watching the finale now

WTF - just watched it - whats with the dragons?! LOL x

"WTF - just watched it - whats with the dragons?! LOL x"

Dragons are a staple of fantasy!

Notice however, this isn't D&D.

Like the Lord of the Rings, there is actually very little magic per say in Game of Thrones.

The Lord of the Rings has only a handful of supernatural elements, specifically, the Ring and a wraith army.

Likewise in Game of Thrones, you have a mere handful of actual instances of magic. Dragons and white-walkers, both of which are seen but briefly.

Too much magic completely spoils medieval fantasy. It should be used like salt or spices, a touch here and there.

Just because something is fantasy, doesn't mean there isn't rules. If there's no rules, then Frodo could have hitched a ride on a magical unicorn to chuck the Ring into Mount Doom. Five minute job, end of story. No hardship whatsoever.

Too much in the way of the supernatural destroys any sense of realism, which is actually critical to a good fantasy story. Lots of books and films make this mistake.

Fantastic episode 10 was. Hope you all enjoyed as much as me.

Ayrshire

" Frodo could have hitched a ride on a magical unicorn to chuck the Ring into Mount Doom. "

One does not simply fly on a magical unicorn into Mordor [/geek]

brilliant episode. finaly they are going past the wall!!! after that intro in episode one i think its about bloody time

great to see the fat kings basterd son getting more of a part.

the dragons scene was good, in the book though one was oddly suckling on her nipple

looking forward to robb having a war

p.s who wants to give the young king a backhand!!! cheeky shit

p.p.s they are filming season 2 next month in irland

" Frodo could have hitched a ride on a magical unicorn to chuck the Ring into Mount Doom.

One does not simply fly on a magical unicorn into Mordor [/geek] "

Yeah, I agree, magical unicorn, how far fetched is that!!

"WTF - just watched it - whats with the dragons?! LOL x

Dragons are a staple of fantasy!

Notice however, this isn't D&D.

Like the Lord of the Rings, there is actually very little magic per say in Game of Thrones.

The Lord of the Rings has only a handful of supernatural elements, specifically, the Ring and a wraith army.

Likewise in Game of Thrones, you have a mere handful of actual instances of magic. Dragons and white-walkers, both of which are seen but briefly.

Too much magic completely spoils medieval fantasy. It should be used like salt or spices, a touch here and there.

Just because something is fantasy, doesn't mean there isn't rules. If there's no rules, then Frodo could have hitched a ride on a magical unicorn to chuck the Ring into Mount Doom. Five minute job, end of story. No hardship whatsoever.

Too much in the way of the supernatural destroys any sense of realism, which is actually critical to a good fantasy story. Lots of books and films make this mistake.

"

Well you're a fooking dark horse aren't you!

" Frodo could have hitched a ride on a magical unicorn to chuck the Ring into Mount Doom.

One does not simply fly on a magical unicorn into Mordor [/geek] "

http://chud.com/articles/content_images/5/mordor.jpg

Yeah, I agree, magical unicorn, how far fetched is that!! "

It's completely ridiculous man, unlike magical dragons of course.

Yeah, I agree, magical unicorn, how far fetched is that!!

It's completely ridiculous man, unlike magical dragons of course. "

Same as that Harry Potter bollocks. I mean, who's ever seen a ginger kid with TWO best friends.

" The show is established now so they don't need the highest paid stars. Besides if you followed the books you might find he hasn't. Good on you for spoiling the story for all who haven't seen the last few episodes though. "
Think you might have spoiled it for us that have not read the books as well as we didnt know he was not dead either

» Add a new message to this topic