FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Mobile request

Mobile request

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Following on from the Iphone thread, I thought I would see if anyone can suggest a good mobile for me to use.

At the moment, I am using an old slide Samsung which I have had for years but I am really struggling with the keys now. I have worked as an administrator for years so am suffering with my thumbs and one finger on my right hand, so much that I have had to change my mouse to left handed to rest it.

As I said on the other thread, I really just want to text and phone someone, I am not interested in downloading games or using the internet. But I do need a decent 'keyboard', given that I have fairly long nails, I have had to rule out a Blackberry and I also am not sure that a touch phone is going to be any good either.

Oh yes I don't have much money either so it needs to be a good contract if they will let me have one

This message will self destruct in 10 secs

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ustyWoman  over a year ago

inverclyde

try orange they are pretty good and the coverage is good as well since part of t mobile

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Im not a tech person i just wanted a basic phone. What i got was samsung monte. For me its excellent and didnt take much working out. You can go online with it and it does have lots of extra features that i dont use much of but its quite a "simple" phone. If your buying one i think they are around £80 or for contract i got phone, unlimited texts and 5 hours talk time for £15 a month with vodophone

"try orange they are pretty good and the coverage is good as well since part of t mobile"

I am already on orange, its the mobile I am looking for and I know their coverage is good, much better than others though even I struggle at my daughters house

By *ustyWoman  over a year ago

inverclyde

they have a good range of mobiles either pay as go or contract and not bad either my daughter has a sim only for 10 quid a month and never uses up all her mins

"Im not a tech person i just wanted a basic phone. What i got was samsung monte. For me its excellent and didnt take much working out. You can go online with it and it does have lots of extra features that i dont use much of but its quite a "simple" phone. If your buying one i think they are around £80 or for contract i got phone, unlimited texts and 5 hours talk time for £15 a month with vodophone"

I googled it, it says 'includes an enhanced touch screen user interface' wonder if that means I could use it as some touch phones work on heat and I know I struggled with one I had a go on

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

The problem with most touch phones now is that the use the pad of your finger.

At the moment I have the Noxia xpressmusic 5800 which has a stylus, but I use my nails. Sadly I think they are now discontinued but may be worth you enquiring

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"Im not a tech person i just wanted a basic phone. What i got was samsung monte. For me its excellent and didnt take much working out. You can go online with it and it does have lots of extra features that i dont use much of but its quite a "simple" phone. If your buying one i think they are around £80 or for contract i got phone, unlimited texts and 5 hours talk time for £15 a month with vodophone

I googled it, it says 'includes an enhanced touch screen user interface' wonder if that means I could use it as some touch phones work on heat and I know I struggled with one I had a go on "

oh i dont know as id never had a touch screen before it took me a few days to get used to but now couldnt go back. You could go into a vodophone or other shop on a quiet day and get them to help you out.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

don't rule out a touch phone due to nails

i wanted a HTC but was worried my nails would get in the way as they are rather long but wanted the latest phone so badly i decided i would muddle through somehow and got the HTC incredible S and my nails haven't been a problem at all in fact it is so easy to use even with my fat thumbs

i got it on a very good contract with t-mobile but got it as they were released so not as good as you can get now i know you can get the HTC wildfire on a really good contract at the mo

I switched to an iPhone several years ago. Admittedly it was partly because I needed internet access but I really struggled with a traditional phone keyboard and I don't have long nails - I just find it a real faff to have to hit a key 2-3 times to get the letter or symbol I want and on some phones the keys are ridiculously tiny.

It only took me a day or two to get used to the touch screen - typing is so much easier on it for me but also on most touchscreen phones you can turn it sideways to get a bigger keyboard, which is also very handy especially if you have "fat finger" syndrome.

I use a blackberry torch whit is fab it is a touch screen and also has a slide down qwerty key bored just like a computer realy simple to use

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Rushden

If you having trouble with your fingers (I do!) then the predictive text on any HTC is fantastic! I just mash the screen and it seems to get the right word, or gives me a choice!

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I have a htc smart phone with a touch screen, and with my shakes, at first thought I had made the wrong choice...but like others have said the predictive text or choice is great (and did not do predictive) before hand, so if I can use it anyone can!!

"I use a blackberry torch whit is fab it is a touch screen and also has a slide down qwerty key bored just like a computer realy simple to use"

My friend mentioned that but having seen the picture, the keys are too small, don't forget some of us women have long nails too

"The problem with most touch phones now is that the use the pad of your finger.

At the moment I have the Noxia xpressmusic 5800 which has a stylus, but I use my nails. Sadly I think they are now discontinued but may be worth you enquiring"

Thats the phone ive just up graded from. Its a great phone easy to use. And the screen works on pressure not heat. You can still buy them for around £50/£60.

Ive just got the htc wildfire. Nearly through the thing out the window.lol Lets just say its taking some getting used to. And whats the thing with no instruction manuals. Yes a very smart phone. But the person useing isnt.......

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

I use a simple little phone from Three, manufactured by ZTE; £30 is what it cost me and with the pricing plan I have, I'm happy!

Each to their own, as the saying goes, but to me, a phone is what I want, to make and receive calls. I don't need Apps, or all the other gizmos!

I use it only for calls; I'm lucky if I send 10 texts a month. As for a camera, in 13 years of using a mobile I've used a camera function once and never used a video function.

Yes, Mobile Phone shops hate me; they try to sell me the latest one and I infuriate then when I ask for the simplest model.

I know I'm a technical "dinosaur" but it suits me!

By *rs ColourfulCouple  over a year ago

Newton Abbot

I have had the HTC desire for about 6 months now, and think it is fabulous, is by far the best phone I have ever had..

It is touch screen, which admittedly I was wary about to start with, but as said before, works really well, even with my nails.... x X

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

At the moment I have the Noxia xpressmusic 5800 which has a stylus, but I use my nails. Sadly I think they are now discontinued but may be worth you enquiring

Thats the phone ive just up graded from. Its a great phone easy to use. And the screen works on pressure not heat. You can still buy them for around £50/£60.

Ive just got the htc wildfire. Nearly through the thing out the window.lol Lets just say its taking some getting used to. And whats the thing with no instruction manuals. Yes a very smart phone. But the person useing isnt....... "

Most instruction manuals are avaialble online now, saves on printing costs

I would only ever use o2 simplicity get better contract but i am on pay and go £15 unlimited text and 300 mins cross network. Carphone warehouse is fab get an unlocked phone and you can put any sim in it. Am looking to upgrade but will be after summer saving for school uniform first

"I would only ever use o2 simplicity get better contract but i am on pay and go £15 unlimited text and 300 mins cross network. Carphone warehouse is fab get an unlocked phone and you can put any sim in it. Am looking to upgrade but will be after summer saving for school uniform first"

Except I am more interested in a new mobile that will be easy for me to use, not the contract particularly

Ive just got the htc wildfire. Nearly through the thing out the window.lol Lets just say its taking some getting used to. And whats the thing with no instruction manuals. Yes a very smart phone. But the person useing isnt....... "

Bless

nothing wrong with a touch phone I thinks its brilliant actually,

you also get a wee Stylus Pen to do the touching very cheap to buy.

nokia i use from last year never had much of a problem, some times the singles goes but normal for Vodafone pay as you go

ebay your best to check on phones that goes goes around for£40 To £90 mark depends in what model your after an what you want to use it for

"I use a blackberry torch whit is fab it is a touch screen and also has a slide down qwerty key bored just like a computer realy simple to use

My friend mentioned that but having seen the picture, the keys are too small, don't forget some of us women have long nails too"

The touch screen on it is realy easy to use aswell tern it to the side and the buttons become large

By *hiz2112Man  over a year ago

south wales and gloucestershire

get a blackberry can get them for £130 now,there great for quick messaging easy to use plus you get free messaging to other blackberry users

"I use a blackberry torch whit is fab it is a touch screen and also has a slide down qwerty key bored just like a computer realy simple to use

My friend mentioned that but having seen the picture, the keys are too small, don't forget some of us women have long nails too

The touch screen on it is realy easy to use aswell tern it to the side and the buttons become large"

Plus the keys are raised so simple to use my freind she has fake nails whitch are long and finds it dead easy to use

» Add a new message to this topic