FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > dub step symhony

dub step symhony

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Nero and the bbc philomonic orcasta colaborating on radio 1 goin to be amazing

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

"Nero and the bbc philomonic orcasta colaborating on radio 1 goin to be amazing"

I know of the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra, but who the heck is or are "Nero"???

He is a dub step producer wouldnt not sure if it would be your thing but it will be good classic music meets new club music

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

That should be interesting. You often find that classically trained musicians are often really interested in all sorts of different music.

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

saw it on the top banner on the BBC website but didnt click for more detail .. what time is it scheduled to be on?

"saw it on the top banner on the BBC website but didnt click for more detail .. what time is it scheduled to be on?

"

There is a documentry on it now then afta this it will be on going to be amazing i think

Bucks

cheers

Any body what to listen its on radio 1 and radio 1 xtra also radio 4 music starts at 8:30

Bucks

"Any body what to listen its on radio 1 and radio 1 xtra also radio 4 music starts at 8:30"

ooo just after eastenders

Think it starts at 8-30, sounds as though it could be good or,as you young things say WICKEDDDDD x

"Think it starts at 8-30, sounds as though it could be good or,as you young things say WICKEDDDDD x "

Im not sure any 1 says wicked no more

Is getting goose bumps now cant wait!

By *razydriver8Couple  over a year ago

plymouth

what about "awesome" do d yuff say that now??

"what about "awesome" do d yuff say that now?? "

Lol some times have to ask some one younger im well spoken guy lol

"what about "awesome" do d yuff say that now?? "

Noooo... you gotta say 'siiiiiick' now when you're describing someone/thing good.

tsk, get wid it wumun!!

Anyway, what's so special about a submarine captain and an orchestra?

Bucks

"Anyway, what's so special about a submarine captain and an orchestra? "

oh no, it hasnt been done before has it?

"Anyway, what's so special about a submarine captain and an orchestra? "

Well if you listernd to it you mite find out but your probly to old to enjoy the magic of it

"Anyway, what's so special about a submarine captain and an orchestra?

oh no, it hasnt been done before has it?"

No never plus the types of music being so far apart dubstep being club music and classic music

oh no, it hasnt been done before has it?"

Naah... Methinks one refers to captain Nemo...;-)

Nero is the one who, ironically for the thread, could fiddle with the best of em...

Can already hear strong George Martin influence mixed with a little Mendelsson lol

oh no, it hasnt been done before has it?

Naah... Methinks one refers to captain Nemo...;-)

Nero is the one who, ironically for the thread, could fiddle with the best of em... "

Nero there amazing two lads with a laptop who make incredbla music

Well i could listen to that all night it was increble

It was lovely.xx

Now time for 1 xtra to keep the dubstep comin mite even og out now lol right in the mood

"Well i could listen to that all night it was increble"

As a classical musician... I agree it was a stunning piece of music which adds fuel to the debate about how far music would have advanced if someone had given Mozart a synthesiser...

One question, in passing... Apart from a concert hall venue... Where would you go to hear this new combination....?

"Well i could listen to that all night it was increble

As a classical musician... I agree it was a stunning piece of music which adds fuel to the debate about how far music would have advanced if someone had given Mozart a synthesiser...

One question, in passing... Apart from a concert hall venue... Where would you go to hear this new combination....?"

Not sure maybe stadiams but the acustics need to be right for the ocastra but i do belive if they did a tour with this sound it would sell out every venue

One question, in passing... Apart from a concert hall venue... Where would you go to hear this new combination....?

Not sure maybe stadiams but the acustics need to be right for the ocastra but i do belive if they did a tour with this sound it would sell out every venue"

Thats what I thought... I was half wondering how this could play in a dance club...

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Rushden

Not a new concept at all. The Philharmonic has collaborated with many different Genres over the years. Also, the London Symphony Orchestra released two albums called "Classic Rock" And "Classic Rock, the Second Movement"

Both were brilliant collaborations and had some unusual stuff on for the time! Pinball Wizard, Hey Joe, A Day in the Life, Space Oddity and about four others.

Missed tonight’s program but will listen to it later. Not sure if it will ever see the light of day mainstream, people usually have a short attention span when it comes to projects like this and they are forgotten in a few weeks. Although probably very good (I will pronounce later when I hear it! lol) but it is usually only a gimmick for youngsters to pass around...

Not sure maybe stadiams but the acustics need to be right for the ocastra but i do belive if they did a tour with this sound it would sell out every venue

Thats what I thought... I was half wondering how this could play in a dance club..."

Well yes im sure it will hit the clubs i can see it now ending the night with it. A couple of djs im sure like annie mac and zane lowe will play it in clubs

"Not a new concept at all. The Philharmonic has collaborated with many different Genres over the years. Also, the London Symphony Orchestra released two albums called "Classic Rock" And "Classic Rock, the Second Movement"

Both were brilliant collaborations and had some unusual stuff on for the time! Pinball Wizard, Hey Joe, A Day in the Life, Space Oddity and about four others.

Missed tonight’s program but will listen to it later. Not sure if it will ever see the light of day mainstream, people usually have a short attention span when it comes to projects like this and they are forgotten in a few weeks. Although probably very good (I will pronounce later when I hear it! lol) but it is usually only a gimmick for youngsters to pass around...

"

Thats rock music it has never been done with a dance music producer let alone dub step so it is new and i can see other dub step producers to follow suit because it sounded amazing so no it wont be a gimik

Rushden

"Thats rock music it has never been done with a dance music producer let alone dub step so it is new and i can see other dub step producers to follow suit because it sounded amazing so no it wont be a gimik

"

OK, not trying to burst your bubble here, but no matter how good the sound is, it will not last! Your "Dub Step???" producer will not want to be tied to some old fogey with an orchestra and the orchestra will be too busy to make it a long term commitment!

As for it being new.. I did not say that this particular collaboration had been done before, I said the concept had been done many times and always with the same results. Fantastic response and then it fades away!

Modern music is moving at such a fast rate that it will not wait around for anyone. It is also mainly electronically produced sound from other peoples recordings, the very thing that most serious musicians (who play an actual instrument!) dislike!

Don't take this post the wrong way, I am not critisising the genre, merely pointing out what most musicians I have played with would tell you. I mean, they didn't even like my electric Violin at first!!!

Well if you listernd to it you mite find out but your probly to old to enjoy the magic of it"

Ah, the sweet sound of youth thinking they're the only ones to have ever listened to music.

The 'submarine captain' I was referring to was Captain Nemo, aka. Prince Dakkar - you do know who that is, don't you?

Well if you listernd to it you mite find out but your probly to old to enjoy the magic of it

Ah, the sweet sound of youth thinking they're the only ones to have ever listened to music.

The 'submarine captain' I was referring to was Captain Nemo, aka. Prince Dakkar - you do know who that is, don't you?

"

Some old people on hear make me laff no i dont no who captain nemo is but why would that have anthing to do with this post when the guys im talking about are called nero think some one is loosing there eye site with old age

Rushden

Actually, just found these and many more on youtube.. There must be thousands on there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_H5x8yl9p4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n1-fS_dMMU&feature=fvwrel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFO-aEje1Ds&feature=related

It's ok, it was a play on words. The humour obviously went straight over your head in your rush to use my age as a form of insult.

You stick to your two guys on a laptop playing other people's music and I'll stick to real music by real bands.

"Thats rock music it has never been done with a dance music producer let alone dub step so it is new and i can see other dub step producers to follow suit because it sounded amazing so no it wont be a gimik

OK, not trying to burst your bubble here, but no matter how good the sound is, it will not last! Your "Dub Step???" producer will not want to be tied to some old fogey with an orchestra and the orchestra will be too busy to make it a long term commitment!

As for it being new.. I did not say that this particular collaboration had been done before, I said the concept had been done many times and always with the same results. Fantastic response and then it fades away!

Modern music is moving at such a fast rate that it will not wait around for anyone. It is also mainly electronically produced sound from other peoples recordings, the very thing that most serious musicians (who play an actual instrument!) dislike!

Don't take this post the wrong way, I am not critisising the genre, merely pointing out what most musicians I have played with would tell you. I mean, they didn't even like my electric Violin at first!!! "

If you had listernd to the documentry befor the music started you would know that most of the guy in the orcastra love neros music and said its very ryithmic and deep and that they were privaliged to play with nero

Rushden

"If you had listernd to the documentry befor the music started you would know that most of the guy in the orcastra love neros music and said its very ryithmic and deep and that they were privaliged to play with nero"

Oh dear! Just once more.. It is NOT new. Interviews on camera about something the orchestra HAS to do as deemed by the big boss will never show dissention and will toe the “company” line! Most of the Classical Musicians I know do not like electronic music, full stop! As I said before, I had hells job using an electric Violin at first! And they also don’t like people at a computer “bending” other peoples music with no instrumental ability of their own.

But hey, like I said before I am not going to knock the genre. Loads like it so it has a place, but please don’t insult us with this wonderful “New” tag on something that has been around for a while.. (See links above!)

Feck me! If you think Poor old Wishy is old, what the hell will you make of me????

"

Feck me! If you think Poor old Wishy is old, what the hell will you make of me???? "

It's ok, my daughter is the same. she's 13 and when I play her Ellie Goulding CD she says, "Dad, what you doing liking her, shouldn't you be listening to the Beach Boys or something." Cheeky little fecker, I ain't THAT old.

It's been mentioned on this thread that the Philly were 'honoured' to play with Nero, but it is by no mere coincidence that many artistes across dozens of musical genres have sought out the Philly and asked them to collaborate on a production. It is a musical feather in their cap to be able to say they've played with the most reknowned orchestra on the planet.

just to add my bit i can honstly say i have played with the philly and have a certificate to prove it am so proud of this sorry for going off topic just wanted to brag

» Add a new message to this topic