FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Totally tee'd off today!

Totally tee'd off today!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ENGUY OP   Man  over a year ago

Hull

As I have said once or twice on here recently, I was made redundant at the end of February.

I have been looking for work since, and this morning, managed to source at very short notice, an inter_iew in York early this afternoon. It was organised through the Job Centre.

But on getting to the company's offices in York, I was told, "the job has been filled!".

They didn't seem bothered at all that despite knowing I was travelling to them for my inter_iew, they filled the job before I arrived, nor had the courtesy to advise me!

Doesn't it make you want to strangle someone!!!

Grrrrr!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

are they allowed to do that legally?? surely they have an obligation to inter_iew everyone that were ofered inter_iews??

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I would write to the Chairman, CEO, Managing Director or whoever is in charge... a nice letter detailing your preparation, your travels in £'s and hours & your HOPES...

and hopefully he/she will investigate that.

sounds a fucking disgrace xx

good luck and hope you get something soon

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Its not funny i know they tried to send my son for inter_iews 30 miles away dont know how they expected him to pay the travel. Good luck in finding something

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"As I have said once or twice on here recently, I was made redundant at the end of February.

I have been looking for work since, and this morning, managed to source at very short notice, an inter_iew in York early this afternoon. It was organised through the Job Centre.

But on getting to the company's offices in York, I was told, "the job has been filled!".

They didn't seem bothered at all that despite knowing I was travelling to them for my inter_iew, they filled the job before I arrived, nor had the courtesy to advise me!

Doesn't it make you want to strangle someone!!!

Grrrrr! "

What was it "first come, first served"?! That is terrible and not at all good practice - I would do what View suggests and complain in writing and send a copy to the Job Centre xxx

By *unterslickCouple  over a year ago

tullamore

i once got sent to a job inter_iew for an ambulance base control manager,,grat job,,except you needed to have some serious medical courses done,,and have completed school,,and as i left school in second year of scondary school hadnt a hope,,i said it to the man that was inter_iewing me and he laughed and said the job club had done that with a few others aswell,,and if i didnt mind waiting he was dropping 2 others to the centre of town,,

bloody disgrace that these places can get away with it,,and even worse is if you dont show up,,your benefits ar cut off

» Add a new message to this topic