FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > long distance driving..

long distance driving..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

urghhhh!!! thats pretty much all i wanted to say... oh and maybe 'hello'.. so Helloooooooooo

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

"urghhhh!!! thats pretty much all i wanted to say... oh and maybe 'hello'.. so Helloooooooooo "

Welcome back x

May I suggest you stop the car every 10 minutes. Then it's just lot's of short distance driving.

"urghhhh!!! thats pretty much all i wanted to say... oh and maybe 'hello'.. so Helloooooooooo

Welcome back x

May I suggest you stop the car every 10 minutes. Then it's just lot's of short distance driving."

haha nearly pee'd myself laughing then.. and thank you.. bet you missed me didnt ya lol

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

Heeeelllllllooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

...was that a drive by greeting?

xxxx

"Heeeelllllllooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

...was that a drive by greeting?

xxxx"

i flipped the bird in the Derby direction as a interpretation of hello as i them drove the other direction and headed back down south..

By *-and-KCouple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

Long distance driving? we did Yorkshire to south of Spain last July, 1700 miles, non stop except for petrol, toilet and of course the one time I almost fell asleep driving. Karen insisted I stop for an hour to sleep.

So 1 hours sleep in 1700 miles and 30 hours solid driving.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Long distance driving? we did Yorkshire to south of Spain last July, 1700 miles, non stop except for petrol, toilet and of course the one time I almost fell asleep driving. Karen insisted I stop for an hour to sleep.

So 1 hours sleep in 1700 miles and 30 hours solid driving."

Christ, that's some stint. We are driving down to the south of France on Saturday.

Thought that was bad enough but it's only about 700 miles.

that's a bit extreme and dangerous surely?? why risk your lives or other peoples and do that??

[Removed by poster at 24/05/11 18:48:44]

"that's a bit extreme and dangerous surely?? why risk your lives or other peoples and do that?? "

my thought entirely ..ive nearly fallen asleep at the wheel and only after around 190 miles but at the end of a long day at work ...its an experience i never want to repeat and i was lucky the road was clear at the time ...now as soon as i feel even a little tired i stop at the most convenient place and take a break ........1700 miles on one short sleep/ stop is just plain lunacy i wouldnt be boasting about it ???especially if all the most precious people in your life were on board too ???

"that's a bit extreme and dangerous surely?? why risk your lives or other peoples and do that??

my thought entirely ..ive nearly fallen asleep at the wheel and only after around 190 miles but at the end of a long day at work ...its an experience i never want to repeat and i was lucky the road was clear at the time ...now as soon as i feel even a little tired i stop at the most convenient place and take a break ........1700 miles on one short sleep/ stop is just plain lunacy i wouldnt be boasting about it ???especially if all the most precious people in your life were on board too ???"

glad im not the only one who shares that view..

my driving ability doesnt worry me, its other peoples.

"that's a bit extreme and dangerous surely?? why risk your lives or other peoples and do that??

my thought entirely ..ive nearly fallen asleep at the wheel and only after around 190 miles but at the end of a long day at work ...its an experience i never want to repeat and i was lucky the road was clear at the time ...now as soon as i feel even a little tired i stop at the most convenient place and take a break ........1700 miles on one short sleep/ stop is just plain lunacy i wouldnt be boasting about it ???especially if all the most precious people in your life were on board too ???

glad im not the only one who shares that view..

my driving ability doesnt worry me, its other peoples. "

my son in ln law wa nearly killed by a driver on the m1 who had worked all day and was driving up to blackpool with her mates for a hen night ..she was tired and busy chatting when she clipped his car after overtaking him ..

he was so lucky to survive he went from the middle lane of the \M1 into the first lane then the hard shoulder flipped and hit a tree landed upside down ...luckily he only broke his collarbone ,but his phone went to auto redial in his pocket and called my daughter (his last number called) all she could hear was him screaming for help....... like you say im happy with the way i drive its all the other drivers u have to be careful of !! a car is a lethal weapon in the wrong hands

oh god he was so lucky. glad he was alright xx

» Add a new message to this topic