FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Good News?

Good News?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The Sun newspaper has failed in it's bid to get the injunction lifted on reporting the Imogen Thomas affair.

I have to say that I agree totally with this decision. I remember clearly when Princess Diana was hounded to her death by paparazzi on a dark Parisian street that the clamour for a Privacy Law was deafening. Now the media want that same right to privacy denied to someone else regardless of what he is alleged to have done.

We can't have a selective privacy law, we either have a law that applies to everyone or we don't have a privacy law at all.

Whoever the footballer is, his affairs are between him and his wife and ultimately it is for them to work out - alone.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's all out in the open now...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13503847

"It's all out in the open now...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13503847

"

Yes, I know, and shamefully so in my opinion. British Law is being laughed at around the world because of Giggs' idiotic attempt to gag twitter.

Never-the-less, it shows just what the media think of someone's right to privacy and you can bet your bottom dollar that anyone can be considered fair game after this shambolic affair.

It seems 'free speech' has won out over the right to a private life.

By *-and-KCouple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

"

We can't have a selective privacy law."

This is where your argument falls down and is what is causing all the clamour in the media.

We do have a very selective privacy law- If you have the millions of pounds behind you then you can afford a super injunction. This is not something open to the ordinary guy in the street. Therefore we have a law for the rich and the rest of us can go to Hell.

Ok, we shouldn't have a selective Privacy Law. Should have worded it better.

» Add a new message to this topic