FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Car Boot Sale...

Car Boot Sale...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *irtyGirl OP   Woman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

So today I'm being ruthless and having a bit of a clear out in my flat!

I am a total hoarder and have decided that I'm going to get rid of all the crap that I just don't need.

I figured that I'd go to a car boot sale (and try not to swap my stuff for someone else's tat!) but having never been to a car boot sale before, I have no idea what you can sell... does it matter? Do people flog clothes and stuff? I'm wondering if the charity bag of clothes can be flogged - charity begins at home after all!!

Any tips?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Everything and anything gets sold at car boots. wouldnt advice trying to sell electrical equipment though as people arnt sure whether it will work or not. There really good fun. Make sure you take a kitty of loose change with you

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

never been into them myself but have a friend that does them quite a bit and she seels absolutly everything from old kettles to jewelery and tomatoe plants to old frocks

she loves it but often comes home with more than she went with

hope ya have fun

xxxxxxx

One persons rubbish is another persons treasure

I only buy rubbish though, especially when I go on Ebay when I get back from the pub.

Best buy so far is a 6ft plastic palm tree

Don't ask why, but I had to have it. I paid £40 for it too, plus delivery

Edinburgh

Cool thanks. What sort of prices do you charge for stuff? I have a load of CDs and books and I'm wondering if a quid a go is too much or too little? I'm just sick looking at them gathering dust!

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"Cool thanks. What sort of prices do you charge for stuff? I have a load of CDs and books and I'm wondering if a quid a go is too much or too little? I'm just sick looking at them gathering dust! "

Depending how old the CD's are if new ones that charge a couple of quid for them if old ones charge 50p to a quid.. but din't do what my sister did and sell all her Natwest Piggy's for a fiver then finding out they are worth a couple hundred quid for the set..

Edinburgh

"Cool thanks. What sort of prices do you charge for stuff? I have a load of CDs and books and I'm wondering if a quid a go is too much or too little? I'm just sick looking at them gathering dust!

Depending how old the CD's are if new ones that charge a couple of quid for them if old ones charge 50p to a quid.. but din't do what my sister did and sell all her Natwest Piggy's for a fiver then finding out they are worth a couple hundred quid for the set.. "

Ouchie! I don't think I have anything that's worth anything in my pile of tat!

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

Lots of preparation first DG. Try and box up your stuff in some sort of order so you`ll have an easier set up. Don`t be afraid to put stuff you think more valuable where you can keep a closer eye on it! Don`t forget to load your table last so it`s first to come out (a collapsable decorator`s table is ideal!) and take a table cloth to make things look a little more presentable. Finally, get there bloody early and take a friend with you to help (? pool stuff to cut the cost of the table?) because it`s like flies around a dog turd when you first park up!

And don`t forget loads of carrier bags! Raid the recycling bin for these at your local Tesco if you haven`t got any!

car boots are loads of fun on a sunday we love em.when setting up ya stall always have a centrepiece item something thats eyecatching and worth good money.even if you dont sell it it'll draw the punters to your table and while there looking at that they will look at all the tatt that your selling and you will get more sales that way.if your stall looks like a junk shop ppl tend to just walk by

One of my favourite tricks is to put certain stuff on the floor in front of where you`re standing ... books is good one! That way you`ll get to perve at all of the cleavages, especially if it`s a warm day!

Go for it, they are great fun and you would be surprised at the crap people will buy. You can also get good prices for good clothes on ebay, remember to describe them well though...like you do with yourself so I don't envisage any problems there

Edinburgh

Yes... I'm using ebay for the other stuff although I'm really not sure that I want to show anyone my collection of CDs having gone through them today!

» Add a new message to this topic