FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fantastic Mr Fox

Fantastic Mr Fox

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Got into my chicken coop last night..... the bushy tailed rascal got two of my chickens..... grrrrrrr

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I'm very sorry to hear that a few years ago a couple of foxes got into my neighbour's chicken coop where he had Rare Breeds and unfortunately killed all of them, there was more than 20 and it was a real shame.

I unfortunately heard it going on and by the time I realised what that noise was it was too late.

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

Sounds like the start of an animated film...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Weaponise your remaining chickens...

By *unandbuckCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

Yes, 'lucky' he only got two.

Get that fence and coop fixed asap....

"Got into my chicken coop last night..... the bushy tailed rascal got two of my chickens..... grrrrrrr "

I keep chickens and live in the country but was pleased you don't trot out the urban myth that when they get in they frenzily kill them all.

Are they not locked in securely then?

By *unandbuckCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

Since it's winter and they'll be hungry, I've just popped into my local, very busy farmers merchant and tried to buy a large sack of badger food and fox food.

They threw me out.

Must have sold out???

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"Got into my chicken coop last night..... the bushy tailed rascal got two of my chickens..... grrrrrrr

I keep chickens and live in the country but was pleased you don't trot out the urban myth that when they get in they frenzily kill them all.

Are they not locked in securely then?"

Depends on their coop, I have seen pic of those cheaply made wooden coops ripped apart by a fox or in some cases the family dog to get at the chickens. My ducks n geese are tucked away in a cosy n safe Solway duck coop.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Got into my chicken coop last night..... the bushy tailed rascal got two of my chickens..... grrrrrrr

Are they not locked in securely then?"

Yeah, dug under the fencing and my anti fox measures, fence all fixed and buried a bit deeper now, had dozens of the little perishers when I lived in my field in the middle of nowhere, foxes were never this much trouble there...... might be time to unshackle the gun and give it a good clean........ will at least keep the neighbours in check... even if it does not scare the rascally fox

"Got into my chicken coop last night..... the bushy tailed rascal got two of my chickens..... grrrrrrr "

Having kept chickens myself (ex-battery chickens, kept for the odd egg and their pure joy of life), I fully sympathise with you.

I can't really blame Mr Fox. He, too, has to eat and live.

» Add a new message to this topic