FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Strange text etiquette

Strange text etiquette

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Twenty minutes left for a Thursday rant so here goes....Strange thing happened to me recently on here. Was happily messaging away with a lady on this site when she requested my mobile number, which I obliged with. She sent a shorthand text to say hello and I immediately texted a (full english)reply. I then went to the bathroom, when I came back after 10 minutes she had written me a text to say 'stuff off', that I was logged into fab and to have a nice life....am I missing something??? I tried to call her and she blanked it....so when did shorthand texting become an intimate thing or an alternative to a conversation? I feel better now!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"Twenty minutes left for a Thursday rant so here goes....Strange thing happened to me recently on here. Was happily messaging away with a lady on this site when she requested my mobile number, which I obliged with. She sent a shorthand text to say hello and I immediately texted a (full english)reply. I then went to the bathroom, when I came back after 10 minutes she had written me a text to say 'stuff off', that I was logged into fab and to have a nice life....am I missing something??? I tried to call her and she blanked it....so when did shorthand texting become an intimate thing or an alternative to a conversation? I feel better now! "

Don't give out your mobile number I have learnt the hard way with that one lol...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Twenty minutes left for a Thursday rant so here goes....Strange thing happened to me recently on here. Was happily messaging away with a lady on this site when she requested my mobile number, which I obliged with. She sent a shorthand text to say hello and I immediately texted a (full english)reply. I then went to the bathroom, when I came back after 10 minutes she had written me a text to say 'stuff off', that I was logged into fab and to have a nice life....am I missing something??? I tried to call her and she blanked it....so when did shorthand texting become an intimate thing or an alternative to a conversation? I feel better now! "

Theres nowt so queer as folk

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

Perhaps you ordered a full english.

And she thought Fuck. That. I'm not a cafe.

Just wonderin'.

Some folks are just strange!

Bradford

"Some folks are just strange!"

Different, dear, different.

... I was just getting rid of the full English!

"... I was just getting rid of the full English! "

Thats a lovely visual picture!

methinks impatience. she did not like waiting 10 mins for your reply and she thought you were chatting on fab. sounds like, i think ..... well outa that one I should say.

Forum Mod

Its funny how you can offend people sometimes without even realising what the fuck you have done

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Yeah but think what might have happened if you met her, always best to know as early as possible

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

Think u had a lucky escape,if she is clingy by text just imagine what she would be like if u met!

Bradford

Yeah, tell me about it. A manic woman with a good text plan. Yikes.

That thought did occur

"

Don't give out your mobile number I have learnt the hard way with that one lol... "

That would lead to me not having any meets as I won't even meet for a social till I've spoken on the phone...

I just have a playphone...

But to the op... just laugh about it and count it as a lucky escape.

Katie x

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

10 minutes, ffs, do you know what that would feel like when he was tugging away at his cock waiting for you to reply..

oops sorry,

she was tugging her cock..

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

and only be concerned if you ever wake up and she is sitting on your bed, stroking your hair and she has a fixed stare and says 'you sleep a long time'..

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"

Don't give out your mobile number I have learnt the hard way with that one lol...

That would lead to me not having any meets as I won't even meet for a social till I've spoken on the phone...

I just have a playphone...

But to the op... just laugh about it and count it as a lucky escape.

Katie x "

I do give it out once I have established that they are not under any mental health act... or they seem genuine.. Just my pereference. Like you I don't meet unless we have spoken on the phone a couple of times. x

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

"

I do give it out once I have established that they are not under any mental health act... "

Damn

So she sent you a text message, saw you logged on Fab and waited 10 mins for you to text back... and all the while she could see you on Fab while she sat there quietly fuming, plotting, scissor sharpening, alibi-forming?

Is that what you're saying?

By *ue care and attentionWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

Similarly I've had guys who text 3 times in the time it had taken me to type a proper reply (not in texteez). So impatient saying have you fallen asleep!

Gives you a bit of an indication of the person though don't you think?

Beeston

"So she sent you a text message, saw you logged on Fab and waited 10 mins for you to text back... and all the while she could see you on Fab while she sat there quietly fuming, plotting, scissor sharpening, alibi-forming?

Is that what you're saying? "

Her loss

"So she sent you a text message, saw you logged on Fab and waited 10 mins for you to text back... and all the while she could see you on Fab while she sat there quietly fuming, plotting, scissor sharpening, alibi-forming?

Her loss "

Apparently so. Still, they'll be another potential victi.. er... playmate along in a few mins.

Beeston

Her loss

Apparently so. Still, they'll be another potential victi.. er... playmate along in a few mins. "

I've always wanted to say that.

You can borrow one of my axes if you like.

By *rs Sugar Mr SpiceCouple  over a year ago

We are about 15 mins outa Pontypridd and we do go to Crawley in west sussex 2-3 times a year so get in touch !!

Bunny Boiler sounds right to us lol

Beeston

I saw a ladies profile once that demanded anyone who PM's her be there to continue any 'conversation' and not log off and reply hours later..

I had visions of loads of sad single blokes desperately trying to stay awake after sending her innumerable messages and waiting for permission to log off!!

I was messaged by a newbie here on fab....she wanted me to come down ad fuck her!...I asked her to call my number...she said she was too shy to call LOLOLOL!!!......in fact i wanna check "she" is still on the site lolol

Beeston

"I was messaged by a newbie here on fab....she wanted me to come down ad fuck her!...I asked her to call my number...she said she was too shy to call LOLOLOL!!!......in fact i wanna check "she" is still on the site lolol"

Yeah she is... oh shite

Hi that's a fair summation of the facts, she thought we were having a 1 on 1 conversation in real time and I kind of missed it.

lol You need to Katch a goo goo!

By *-and-KCouple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

"Its funny how you can offend people sometimes without even realising what the fuck you have done "

Seems that I have lived my whole life that way at times

The lady in question has many verified meets so she is quite real. I think she may have been messed about a bit in the past and has therefore developed ultra strict criteria for reciprocal behaviour during the vetting process.

I hate text messages as a form of conversation - I just don't see the point! They take so bloody long to type, it is far quicker:-

~ to chat in Fab chat (if you're both logged on)

~ to exchange inbox messages in Fab (if you're both logged on)

~ to pick up the bloody phone, dial the number and talk with your MOUTH!

I've dumped guys before now, if they've gone into a hissy fit about not getting a reply to a text message.

To me, text messages are not useful for conversation, only for practical information (e.g. I'll be there at 8).

Right, rant over!

» Add a new message to this topic