FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Vitamin D

Vitamin D

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ophieslut OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Anyone supplementing their vitamin D this winter?

In the northern hemisphere sunlight exposure/strength is insufficient to help our bodies to creat vitamin D. There have been various recommendations over recent years, including for those deprived of sun, such as the elderly in care homes, or certain populations who cover their bodies, to take vitamin D supplements. There's also been a range of recommended levels suggested for health management. The BMJ has recently suggested that we don't take supplements - you can see their advice if you search BMJ and vitamin D.

'Public Health England advises that eating a healthy, balanced diet and getting some sun means you are likely to get enough vitamin D during spring and summer. But during autumn and winter the only source is diet and so everyone should consider a daily supplement of 10 µg during these months.'

I'd been expecting to supplement this winter but hadn't started. I'm off to the sun in two weeks time, much further down south, so will likely top up my levels naturally. I'm inclined to think that I should supplement, even though it goes against some evidence.

How about you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Central

Apologies for my spelling errors

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i have immune disorders so tend to boost my vitamins most of the time now anyway. especially the vit B group.

so tired i noticed no errors.

I thought I read somewhere that Vitamin D supplements don't get absorbed into the body in the correct way, so they aren't really helpful. I don't know, I'd have to look at the research more to be certain. But I tend not to use vitamin supplements anyway.

I have started on Vit D very recently. I have MS and am suffering from a significant relapse at the moment and my neuro recommended that I take it as it may help reduce this, there seems to be link between diagnosis of MS and lack of sunlight.

A xx

Years ago I read somewhere how dropping zinc tablets increased the volume of ejaculation .....

I was eating them like smarties...

Yes I take

Vit d

Vit b

Mag

Calcium

Hemp seed

Fish oils

all thro the year for fibro. Xxx

By *randMrs Spanish BrunetteCouple  over a year ago

home sweet home

Wild mushrooms are great natural source of vitamin D.

DrSB

"Wild mushrooms are great natural source of vitamin D.

DrSB "

xxx

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ive always had vitamin d decifiency. I have to take double the recommended dose but i cant take more than x 2. Last time i went he said a normal persons should be around 40(40 what i dont know) and mine is 15 im due bloohd tests so hoping it will have gone up over the summer

All year around. It seems to help me with skin healing as well as keeping the gloomy mood at bay. Weirdly, when I first started taking it a few scars that I had for years prior completely healed too.

Yes yes yes...do u know because we stay out of the sun Aussies get it too......I was in such pain walking here...blood tests and lack of vitamin D After living here a bit......take it ..x

Make sure you buy vitamin d 3 and not just the vitamin d which is not absorbed easily . Common mistake is to buy the cheaper vit d 2 which won't help 2000 I u of vitamin d3 is the correct daily dose for an adult

Central

"Wild mushrooms are great natural source of vitamin D.

DrSB "

Thanks for the tip

Central

I'm generally not a supplement type person, thinking most of it is just wasted down the drain - but Vit D3 has been on my agenda for some time.

» Add a new message to this topic