FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Depression and anxiety

Depression and anxiety

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hatterbox 2 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

Does anyone else suffer with it x just when i feel im getting better i feel like im taking two steps forward and 3 steps back

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have you sought professional help ?

"Does anyone else suffer with it x just when i feel im getting better i feel like im taking two steps forward and 3 steps back"

I'm feeling the same atm, hugs

Wakefield

Thankyou same to you x ive just been put on new medication one for depression other for anxiety

I've been affected by this illness and this is also my professional world where I see many cases everyday

In my experience there is no set rule in terms of medication of therapy as we all have different lives and lived experiences.

The only consistent I have seen is things tend to get better when you start to love yourself again. Easier to advice then to do done but I wish you all the best.

"I've been affected by this illness and this is also my professional world where I see many cases everyday

In my experience there is no set rule in terms of medication of therapy as we all have different lives and lived experiences.

The only consistent I have seen is things tend to get better when you start to love yourself again. Easier to advice then to do done but I wish you all the best. "

Yes, yes, yes

I suffered with Anxiety and Depression for five years - but this was largely due to emotional and psychological abuse from my then partner.

It is a horrible thing to go thorough, and I feel that it is something that is grossly misunderstood by many who haven't been there themselves.

Fortunately, I recovered quite quickly when I finally broke up with her.

While I can offer empathy and encouragement, and having been there myself, each person who suffers with this does so in their own way. What may help for some, may not work for others and may even make things worse.

Have you spoken to your GP about counselling?

I must admit, that I wasn't too keen on it myself, at the time, but with hindsight, by talking to someone about your situation, it might help identify root causes of your depression and anxieties and hopefully may help identify a recovery plan.

Wakefield

Im actually seeing a phsyciatrist at the moment every few weeks but i dont get support from my family just keep gettin told snap out of it

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"Im actually seeing a phsyciatrist at the moment every few weeks but i dont get support from my family just keep gettin told snap out of it"

Ask those people if they would tell you to snap out of an asthma attack or a broken limb - It is infuriating to see that mental health issues are still seen (not by all but by some) as something over which you have control.

Bad enough suffering from depression, and then having to deal with judgment and advice by those who really do not know what they are talking about.

I feel for you! x

By *ee_77Man  over a year ago

st austell

Hi

I have suffered with anxiety for many years and take medication for it I really don't think I will shake it off!

I have been suffering with depression since February which I now seem to be alot better so much so im now going back to work next week

I found the Changing Minds booklets helped loads

If something doesn't make you happy

Change it ,stop doing it, get rid of them!

Big hugs and positivity to all that are experiencing these illnesses

Wakefield

Where do you get the booklets

By *rcticFoxxxWoman  over a year ago

Hereabouts

Search online for self help websites or forums or look for online cbt (not cock and ball torture )

Karen Salmansohn's Facebook page is a good one to follow

Search for depression related 'mindfulness'

Ask your GP what more help they can offer. If group therapy is your thing, go for that. Or 1-1 counciling. Or even over the phone.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

You will need to give the medication time to kick in.

Are you thinking too much about it. You have opened many threads on the same subject and sometimes you can allow it to consume you. Exercise is great and getting out for fresh air is a great start

Good luck

Wakefield

Thanks for the advice only started anxiety medicine just over 2 weeks ago x i chat on here about it cos hubby doesnt understand n just shouts when im like it

By *ee_77Man  over a year ago

st austell

I got the booklets from the doctors surgery

Mind Infoline:03001233393

Info@mind.org.uk

mind.org.uk

Hope this is a help

X

Have you tryed vitamins op? I'm a big believer in vitamins now. Try vit d and your b complexes. but first please check with your phamasist first.

I take vit d b magnesium and calcium atm for fibro and anxiety. Xxx

Wakefield

I will check thanks x thankyou all for advice x all hubby says is snap out of it

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Im actually seeing a phsyciatrist at the moment every few weeks but i dont get support from my family just keep gettin told snap out of it"

I'm thinking that your Psychiatrist would largely be focused upon your medication plan - so having a referral to someone else to speak with, some form of therapy, could be beneficial: if your family are so limited in their understanding and support.

Often with depression the long term success to get and remain clear of it is better, where a combination of meds and therapy is used.

Hope that you're in a better position soon xxxx

Wakefield

I was referred for cbt but they discharged me cos i was seeing phsyciatrist

By *aughtyinguMan  over a year ago

swindon

I suffer from it too *hugs*

Anxiety is really difficult and stressful to live with, brene brown has some good stuff on youtube

I think there's a song called leaving hope by nin that sounds how depression feels, maybe play him that

By *ecretsRmineWoman  over a year ago

gatwickish (yes that means near Gatwick)

I get anxiety, mostly as linked to stress, occasionally that emotional due to personal stuff. But work particularly with physical symptoms too racing heart and palpitations.

By *tephanie19631TV/TS  over a year ago

oxford

Not condoning your partners *snap out of it*.attitude but im sure he is feeling helpless to help you.

Mental illness is a very difficult problem to deal with when you cannot physically see the problem like you can see a broken bone.

"I will check thanks x thankyou all for advice x all hubby says is snap out of it"

That's all my ex used to say to me. xxx

I suffered with anxiety a couple of years ago, I went to the doctor because I was getting breathless for no apparent reason she asked if I was frustrated or depressed, I was getting frustrated over little things but not depressed never thought I was an anxious person really, She suggested for me to look up some websites. I found a blogger that had been suffering for a while, and she suggested the 7, 11 technique which was breathing through your nose for seven seconds and out through your mouth for eleven seconds everytime you think your getting stressed or an anxiety attack, I have to admit it took couple of months to stop but it does work and I still use it now.

Wakefield

The best thing is hubby has suffered with anxiety too a while ago so i thought he would understand

Just a few questions.

Do you work?

Have hobbies?

What makes you anxious?

Is it constant anxiety or anxiety attacks?

How long is it happening?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"I was referred for cbt but they discharged me cos i was seeing phsyciatrist "
so are you just seeing a phydciatrist? Usually you have a key worker or support worker. Generally a physyciatrist just over sees it all.

How long are your phsyciatrist appointments?

By *yan19Man  over a year ago

NLC

Well there is a lot of people here who have or is in this situation and I'm sure they wouldn't mind listening to you and talking to you if it helps you feel even a little bit better being able to vent to someone I hope you feel better soon and beat this illness

"You will need to give the medication time to kick in.

Are you thinking too much about it. You have opened many threads on the same subject and sometimes you can allow it to consume you. Exercise is great and getting out for fresh air is a great start

Good luck "

This.

» Add a new message to this topic