FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Social anxiety, this morning.

Social anxiety, this morning.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rimo4u OP   Man  over a year ago

north kensington w10

Hey, did any of you guys see the girl talking about her social anxiety on This Morning just now, that has been my life for twenty years also. Has any one else stuffed from this?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Very much so, found public/social places very very stressful for many years, and even struggle now, I have to ramp myself up if I am going to busy places, and actually become the extrovert to cover my fears of what others may think of me. X

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Yep.

By social anxiety has been greatly helped, by participating in the forums, I discovered that if I can talk to people on here that I don't know, I can talk to people anywhere

Thanks fab

north kensington w10

"Very much so, found public/social places very very stressful for many years, and even struggle now, I have to ramp myself up if I am going to busy places, and actually become the extrovert to cover my fears of what others may think of me. X"

Yep me to, not sure it ever goes away completely. X

"Very much so, found public/social places very very stressful for many years, and even struggle now, I have to ramp myself up if I am going to busy places, and actually become the extrovert to cover my fears of what others may think of me. X

Yep me to, not sure it ever goes away completely. X "

I don't think it ever goes away love, but we learn ways of coping and what situations to put yourself in and ones to avoid x

north kensington w10

"By social anxiety has been greatly helped, by participating in the forums, I discovered that if I can talk to people on here that I don't know, I can talk to people anywhere

Thanks fab "

!

north kensington w10

"Very much so, found public/social places very very stressful for many years, and even struggle now, I have to ramp myself up if I am going to busy places, and actually become the extrovert to cover my fears of what others may think of me. X

I don't think it ever goes away love, but we learn ways of coping and what situations to put yourself in and ones to avoid x"

Yes i try to do that. But i holds me back in some parts of life. The most important to me relationships sex life ect.. Of course why i am on here. X

Yep if I have a few days away from social interaction I have to gear myself up to put myself back out there. People just don't get it, especially as I now have a job that requires me to be very extrovert and social, that's helped a lot now the panic has settled but it can still be a daily struggle sometimes to not hide away x

I don't think it ever goes away love, but we learn ways of coping and what situations to put yourself in and ones to avoid x

Yes i try to do that. But i holds me back in some parts of life. The most important to me relationships sex life ect.. Of course why i am on here. X "

It holds me back too, saddly, I love being around my close friends but find it hard talking to folk that I don't know.. So I go into extrovert mode to cope with that xx

"Hey, did any of you guys see the girl talking about her social anxiety on This Morning just now, that has been my life for twenty years also. Has any one else stuffed from this? "
my daughter suffers with it. It is incredibly difficult for her..

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

It isnt easy. More people suffer than you think.

But you have to live your life round it not through it.

I think anyone would find it difficult realizing how bad mine is. Ive worked so hard with mine and two years ago i made the biggest social achievement of my life. It took 40 years to get to that point

By *asokittyWoman  over a year ago

Nr Worksop

Yep since I was a young girl. It's held me back from so much.

Yep hate it x

By *entle giraffeMan  over a year ago

Minehead

"Yep if I have a few days away from social interaction I have to gear myself up to put myself back out there. People just don't get it, especially as I now have a job that requires me to be very extrovert and social, that's helped a lot now the panic has settled but it can still be a daily struggle sometimes to not hide away x"

I get it! You do so very well to 'get out there' and do your job.

» Add a new message to this topic