FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Shoreditch bars

Shoreditch bars

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Can anyone recommend a good Shoreditch bar which is not over-trendy, has good food/drink, lots of places to sit, no over-loud music, suitable for two sophisticated women of a certain age who want to eye-up/flirt with younger men?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

I don;t know why but I saw the post heading and imagined some dungeon club called 'Shoreditch Bars'.

Dunno.

It's Shoreditch.

Leave a trail of craft beers or combs on the pavement to the door of your boudoir... the hipsters will come flocking.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

theyre all pretty awful..maybe move a bit more towards the city...less beards, but you then run the risk of blind d*unk city boys...sadly theres nowhere around there i'd want to drink now..hackney still has more of a mix of places..certainly more places i'd be happy to go to alone..

Ha ha, thanks...it may be a case of doing a recce in person and nipping in and out of places we like the look of.

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Is the Light open again? I used to dance in there and really liked it

The Light seems to have closed down to make way for a tower block, sadly. I do enjoy a good dance.

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"The Light seems to have closed down to make way for a tower block, sadly. I do enjoy a good dance."

Damn, I just looked - gone forever, a beautiful building, their loft was a superb space with a huge balcony!

Always the way...favourite places disappear...like favourite lipstick shades

By *lacklondontvloverMan  over a year ago

London

Take a stroll a mlittle further down to Dalston.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Was going to recommend Cantaloupe which was pretty good when we went but that's closed down now too.

The Light Bar closing was both controversial and shocking...was only in there once (to see Madness play!!) but really liked it.

There's always The Water Poet pub down Folgate Street although that's bordering more on The City but has a relaxed vibe and hasn't been full of knobs whenever I've been in there.

"Can anyone recommend a good Shoreditch bar which is not over-trendy, has good food/drink, lots of places to sit, no over-loud music, suitable for two sophisticated women of a certain age who want to eye-up/flirt with younger men?"

Sorry, they're all over trendy, rammed and loud...

have you considered the covent garden/soho area?...you might find more of a mixture of venues...and certainly nicer places to eat!

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I went for dinner last Sunday in Shoreditch and as soon as we arrived they told us that we had to order booze then if we wanted it cause they don't serve alcohol after 8pm... I thought that was proper weird but apparently common on Sunday!

You can't drink 24/7 up here!

Edinburgh

Can not can't!

Fucking autocarrot

"I went for dinner last Sunday in Shoreditch and as soon as we arrived they told us that we had to order booze then if we wanted it cause they don't serve alcohol after 8pm... I thought that was proper weird but apparently common on Sunday!

You can't drink 24/7 up here! "

i really don't think that's common practice...may be that they have a restricted licence due to where the venue was or something...but no, really not usual..

The Princess on Paul Street (couple of minutes walk from Old Street tube) is the only place in Shoreditch suitable for older, "sophisticated" women.

Why specifically Shoreditch though? Liverpool Street, Holborn and Islington are all close to Shoreditch but not full of hipsters.

OP - Come into the east of the City or Spitalfields! Let me know where you've chosen and I'll walk in and flirt/eye you both up myself lol! I'm only walking distance away!

Edinburgh

"I went for dinner last Sunday in Shoreditch and as soon as we arrived they told us that we had to order booze then if we wanted it cause they don't serve alcohol after 8pm... I thought that was proper weird but apparently common on Sunday!

i really don't think that's common practice...may be that they have a restricted licence due to where the venue was or something...but no, really not usual.."

I was really surprised... it was in Wagamama but then the city was dead so maybe it's not worth them having a late licence on a Sunday. It's just not something that would ever cross my mind up here.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Mcqueens is quite good. It's split onto two levels with the bar (not too loud) at street level and the dance floor (loud) in the basement.

Otherwise Golden Bee is supposed to be quite a cool rooftop bar.

i really don't think that's common practice...may be that they have a restricted licence due to where the venue was or something...but no, really not usual..

I was really surprised... it was in Wagamama but then the city was dead so maybe it's not worth them having a late licence on a Sunday. It's just not something that would ever cross my mind up here. "

pretty much all their business is from office workers, so yes, a lot pf places close very early on sundays..

Very grateful for all your suggestions...although I'm a Londoner born and bred I haven't lived there for five years and everything changes so much. Will enjoy googling then exploring in person.

The Light Bar. Had some amazing nights in that place

By *rozacMan  over a year ago

london

Theres a nice cocktail bar at the bottom of brick lane, apples and pears. But thats more whitechapel side than shoreditch.

Otherwise there's the well and bucket just past shoreditch brewdog,

» Add a new message to this topic