FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > When you want someone

When you want someone

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

But they just want to be "friends" what do you do? Tell them how you really feel?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes allways best to be upfront and tell them how you feel .if it was ment to be it will happen.and you will regret it if you dont try .

"Yes allways best to be upfront and tell them how you feel .if it was ment to be it will happen.and you will regret it if you dont try ."
but I might lose them all together

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Chances are she already knows - speak up, you only regret what you didn't try to do, nothing better than a bit of frisson with a male chum anyway IMO.

By *iSTARessWoman  over a year ago

London

I've had two male best mates tell me they love me. I punched the first one on the face, was a bit easier on the second.

If you get a real inkling there might be something there, go for it. Otherwise, hush your mouth

"But they just want to be "friends" what do you do? Tell them how you really feel?"

If they've already (as your opening post suggests) told you that they just want to be friends then they've made a preemptive strike. She or he clearly sensed where your head was and has moved to cut you off at the pass.

People who want to be friends don't say they just want to be friends unless they feel they have to.

"People who want to be friends don't say they just want to be friends unless they feel they have to. "

This is an interesting point and well said.

"People who want to be friends don't say they just want to be friends unless they feel they have to.

This is an interesting point and well said. "

Don't make the situation awkward. They've made it clear. Better chance of you remaining good friends if you leave it as is

"People who want to be friends don't say they just want to be friends unless they feel they have to.

Don't make the situation awkward. They've made it clear. Better chance of you remaining good friends if you leave it as is "

yes that's good advice thank you

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

"But they just want to be "friends" what do you do? Tell them how you really feel?

If they've already (as your opening post suggests) told you that they just want to be friends then they've made a preemptive strike. She or he clearly sensed where your head was and has moved to cut you off at the pass.

People who want to be friends don't say they just want to be friends unless they feel they have to. "

"But they just want to be "friends" what do you do? Tell them how you really feel?

People who want to be friends don't say they just want to be friends unless they feel they have to.

"

This is an interesting point and well said. "

I'm not suggesting this is true of the OPs situation, so don't take it as approval to change their mind....

Sometimes people say theyre happy to be friends, when the truth is, they've been hurt so many times they're afraid to tell the truth for fear of being hurt again.

Sometimes the fear of hurt is stifling....

Sometimes people lack the strength to take a chance.....

Just my tuppenceworth. Nothing more......

I'm not suggesting this is true of the OPs situation, so don't take it as approval to change their mind....

Sometimes people say theyre happy to be friends, when the truth is, they've been hurt so many times they're afraid to tell the truth for fear of being hurt again.

"

"

Good point fella. Maybe there's a halfway house? A recognition that they've said they want to be friends only, but an indication that if they should feel differently then you do like them enough to be more then just friends, but ultimately their friendship is hugely important so you don't want to do anything to jeopardise what you have.

Don't regret not being true to your heart and never telling them, but don't do it in a way that pushes them away and let them know you value the friendship too much to want to lose them over it?

Gosh it's a toughie. Good luck OP!

People who want to be friends don't say they just want to be friends unless they feel they have to. "

This

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

"I've had two male best mates tell me they love me. I punched the first one on the face, was a bit easier on the second.

If you get a real inkling there might be something there, go for it. Otherwise, hush your mouth"

Extreme some may say but I (he) would rather know even if it ends badly. Being in the 'friends zone' is such a waste of time imho better to be putting the efforts in somewhere else.

Good point fella. Maybe there's a halfway house? A recognition that they've said they want to be friends only, but an indication that if they should feel differently then you do like them enough to be more then just friends, but ultimately their friendship is hugely important so you don't want to do anything to jeopardise what you have.

Don't regret not being true to your heart and never telling them, but don't do it in a way that pushes them away and let them know you value the friendship too much to want to lose them over it?

Gosh it's a toughie. Good luck OP! "

Beautifully said. True and great friends are hard to come by. Sit within the silence and let it be.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

I went through this issue back in the late 70's with a work colleague.

Fell hook line and sinker for her, utterly smitten and whilst she had some mutual feelings for me, they were small scale.

Problem was she had a boyfriend too.

I ended up realising I could never ever win her heart and told her so, but said as I was leaving my job, I wouldn't call her or expect her to call me, so I could get her out of my head!

Sounds drsstic........ but it worked. She'd two more boyfriends in that next 12-18 months before we made contact again.

But now 35 years on, we are the best of friends; I was Best Man at her first marriage and she's now my fiercest critic as well as being my best mentor too.

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

"

Knew Markoh was a thoughtful softy.... and he is very right too x

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

I sent I want to shag you messages to a few people I wouldn't normally message (in most cases because I'm virtually certain I'm not their type). I had a "sod it" moment.

Nobody has left the country yet.

(As far as I know )

Sime times its just good to be friends , some thing may develop it may not .

Just take some time for you , see how you feel and what feels right for you

Say nothing. Find out 20 years later that you both fancied each other. Fuck like mad.

"But they just want to be "friends" what do you do? Tell them how you really feel?"

Good luck. Hope you don't lose her as a friend. x

Knew Markoh was a thoughtful softy.... and he is very right too x"

You're confusing me with someone else.....

Good luck. Hope you don't lose her as a friend. x"

thank you

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Just go for it...

Go for it OP. Life is too short

Kinky

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

It's all too easy to say go for it where really people should be saying " you had better weigh up how you will feel when she recoils and all contact fades away ", yes life is short but some people are meant to be just a friend, if it was otherwise you would know deep down that she wants the same as you, seriously think about it before you say anything.

Up to you OP but if the feeling isn't reciprocated it's very hard to stand on the side line and watch them fall in love with someone else

"Up to you OP but if the feeling isn't reciprocated it's very hard to stand on the side line and watch them fall in love with someone else "

It's hard to stand on the side and watch, but if you truly care for them it's the right thing to do.

It's hard, but it's right.....

I wouldn't tell someone I was sexually or romantically interested in that I want to be 'just friends' That is something I would say to someone when I want to spare their feelings, if they then told me they wanted something from me or fancied me it would make me feel uncomfortable and I wouldn't want to speak to them or be around them.

Go for it OP, lifes too short for missed opportunities. Just explain that you don't want it to jeopardise your friendship and good luck I hope it goes well

» Add a new message to this topic