FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Girl frozen

Girl frozen

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ellowbabes OP   Couple  over a year ago

newport/cwmbran

In mirror today young girl ask court ask for her body to be frozen after tradegy so she can hopefully be cure from cancer start a life .would you as parents agree to this?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Eh? Are we talking cryogenics here?

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"Eh? Are we talking cryogenics here?"

Yes.

By *abes in the woodWoman  over a year ago

wales

[Removed by poster at 18/11/16 07:48:52]

By *ellowbabes OP   Couple  over a year ago

newport/cwmbran

Yes think it nice story poor decision had to be made by young girl thinking that what if she had no relative to come back too

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes.

Unfortunately, science has not yet progressed to the point where a body can be thawed out without turning to mush. Hey, ho.

Of course I would agree to a dying child's request.....

"Eh? Are we talking cryogenics here?

Yes.

Unfortunately, science has not yet progressed to the point where a body can be thawed out without turning to mush. Hey, ho."

And even when science reaches that point they'll then need to then be able to reverse the early stages if decomposition that will have started a most immediately after death.

The process is basically just another firm of embalming but people buy in to it rather than accept mortality.

I can't see it ever happening

Yes.

Unfortunately, science has not yet progressed to the point where a body can be thawed out without turning to mush. Hey, ho.

And even when science reaches that point they'll then need to then be able to reverse the early stages if decomposition that will have started a most immediately after death.

The process is basically just another firm of embalming but people buy in to it rather than accept mortality.

I can't see it ever happening"

A slight issue might also arise in the event of a post mortem ...

Bless her. I don't deny her (or, more accurately according to the judgment, her mother's) wishes and the possible comfort it might bring.

i wouldn't ask for this. it would give me false hope. i think accepting loss and grieving for someone you've lost is a healthy process. painful but necessary to accept reality.

we'd all love to give our kids everything they want but when you start giving them a false reality you're kind of fucking them up.

Big clap for the guy who knows the scientific term for it!

Well done, you!

a dying 14 year old has been sold a snake oil cure for being dead that has never been shown to work to the tune of 37 grand...she died in October and the freezing has already occurred I gather...

you can't eat a pork chop that's bee in the freezer for longer than 3 months because the ice crystals forming in the muscle fibres destroy their integrity...it's all a massive con...what a waste of judicial time and money

It's hard to argue against giving hope or comfort to a dying teenager, but it doesn't sit comfortably with me at all.

From a purely scientific perspective, not only is there currently no way of bringing bodies back to life, a body riddled with cancer would present pretty insurmountable challenges too. And if in 50 years it was scientifically possible, is it ethical to bring someone back into a completely different world with friends and family having aged or died?

She/her parents have been sold false hope.

[Removed by poster at 18/11/16 14:25:15]

[Removed by poster at 18/11/16 14:25:04]

its a lovely idea but I wouldn't grant my sons that wish

A) I wouldn't want my 11 year old son waking up without his mummy nearby and not knowing anyone

B) it's bloody expensive for something that doesn't actually work as yet, I'm all up for medical science and trying to find a cure for cancer but for something that hasn't actually worked yet is just a lot of money)

C) I don't think my sons would ask for such a thing, my boys do know quite a bit and would look into every aspect of it and they would know it wasn't viable.

Nice idea but a waste of time

Apparently the girl didn't want to be buried underground either..I'm sure their are cemeteries that cater for different types

G

By *edylogosMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

"a dying 14 year old has been sold a snake oil cure for being dead that has never been shown to work to the tune of 37 grand...she died in October and the freezing has already occurred I gather...

you can't eat a pork chop that's bee in the freezer for longer than 3 months because the ice crystals forming in the muscle fibres destroy their integrity...it's all a massive con...what a waste of judicial time and money"

What they actually do is insert chemicals into the veins to stop crystallisation from happening, they also drain the body of all blood to help this process. The real issue with this is that the core organs i.e. Heart and Lungs start to deteriorate almost immediately after death. This means even if it was possible to thaw someone out and bring them back they would have to replace both organs as the cells would be dead.

It's a shame really, I understand why the mother has done this but sometimes you just have to accept your fate even if it's the most horrid thing ever

No matter who we are,we all cling onto life.No one should judge what a person does..

As I said on the other post I think it's wrong.

It's giving a child in the worst circumstances false hope.

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Big clap for the guy who knows the scientific term for it!

Well done, you! "

I'm not just a pretty face y'know

Can't actually see bringing a human back to life ever working though. Preserving an organ for future transplant could be the next step perhaps?

By *laskan lovers 1984Couple  over a year ago

West midlands

Just heard that on the radio

That's how society has moved on

"a dying 14 year old has been sold a snake oil cure for being dead that has never been shown to work to the tune of 37 grand...she died in October and the freezing has already occurred I gather...

you can't eat a pork chop that's bee in the freezer for longer than 3 months because the ice crystals forming in the muscle fibres destroy their integrity...it's all a massive con...what a waste of judicial time and money

What they actually do is insert chemicals into the veins to stop crystallisation from happening, they also drain the body of all blood to help this process. The real issue with this is that the core organs i.e. Heart and Lungs start to deteriorate almost immediately after death. This means even if it was possible to thaw someone out and bring them back they would have to replace both organs as the cells would be dead.

It's a shame really, I understand why the mother has done this but sometimes you just have to accept your fate even if it's the most horrid thing ever"

when people donate organs the organs are harvested as quickly as possible so they don't start to deteriorate. And the brain deteriorates and pretty much turns to mush quickest of all.

Yes.

Unfortunately, science has not yet progressed to the point where a body can be thawed out without turning to mush. Hey, ho."

Beleive the actual act of freezing in the first place effectively "kills" the body because the water in our cells expands and ruptures the cell walls.

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"And the brain deteriorates and pretty much turns to mush quickest of all. "

I know some people whose brains have been mush for most of their lives actually, judging by the amount of crap they talk

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

you can't eat a pork chop that's bee in the freezer for longer than 3 months because the ice crystals forming in the muscle fibres destroy their integrity...it's all a massive con...what a waste of judicial time and money"

Cryogenics uses nitrogen to freeze which prevents the ice crystals from causing cell wall damage.. Apparently..

It's still a load of mumbo jumbo invented to part the rich and stupid with their money..

However, if it brought her comfort in her remaining days then that perhaps is priceless..

The process actually prevents ice crystal forming in the body and organs to prevent such damage. Personally if it gave a child some solace at a terrifying time then I'm all for it. Whether it ever works or not is another matter but not all that long ago common surgery was thought impossible, who knows what the next few hundred years will bring.

"As I said on the other post I think it's wrong.

It's giving a child in the worst circumstances false hope. "

What's wrong with giving a dying child hope, false or not. If it never ever works then she'll never know will she, bless her.

What's wrong with giving a dying child hope, false or not. If it never ever works then she'll never know will she, bless her."

I agree with nuru guru!

What's wrong with giving a dying child hope, false or not. If it never ever works then she'll never know will she, bless her."

Because it's a massive con...what's wrong with conning a dying child eh?

I work with kids that have cancer teenages included, children are tougher than we know and when given the fact in a simplistic and age appropriate way they deal with it.

A company is willing to take advantage of a child and family at the most vulnerable time there could ever be. The money could have been better spent on adventures (bucket list) before she passed away.

The most sole destroying thing I've heard is a teenager asking his parents if he's going to die (yes he was within days) when they replied he said he had wish he would have known as he could say goodbye to people in his way rather than them feeling sorry for him.

» Add a new message to this topic