FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Ok it's true you never forget how to ride a bike

Ok it's true you never forget how to ride a bike

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aravancouple OP   Man  over a year ago

A Secret Hideaway In the caravan of love

But good god your backside forgets just spent 1 1/2 hrs peddling the cycle track,next time i'm taking oxygen

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"But good god your backside forgets just spent 1 1/2 hrs peddling the cycle track,next time i'm taking oxygen "

Or fit an engine to it, I have spare engines if you want one how about a nice 1200cc motorbike engine in it

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

"But good god your backside forgets just spent 1 1/2 hrs peddling the cycle track,next time i'm taking oxygen "

Yeah, you obviously forgot to remember what you'd forgotten about riding a bike before..........

By *aravancouple OP   Man  over a year ago

A Secret Hideaway In the caravan of love

"But good god your backside forgets just spent 1 1/2 hrs peddling the cycle track,next time i'm taking oxygen

Or fit an engine to it, I have spare engines if you want one how about a nice 1200cc motorbike engine in it "

I wont go on another motorbike after Vinny nealy killed us on his when we were coating.

I decided to have a go on my brothers mountain bike last summer(or it might have been the summer before, cant exactly remember) anyhow after about a mile I was so choked for breath you wouldnt believe. Its amazing how unfit the use of a car can make you

You shoulda got yourself one of them four wheeled bikes with bucket seats, a cover over the top and a radio.

been riding a Mountain bike for 2 years best thing i ever done.

word of advice is really ware light clothing

By *icboyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Get back on the bike, a couple of days after your last time. You will find that it hurts less and is much easier.

The more you do it the better it gets.

aiming to do a run from Glasgow to Edinburgh 50 mile trek in a few weeks time looking for ward to it

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Well done you for getting back on a bike. Think the last time i was on one was when i was 12

By *etitesaraTV/TS  over a year ago

rochdale

Also, if you haven't already, invest in some padded cycling shorts. You don't need to go down the whole 'pro-cyclist-in-lycra' look, you can buy some decent padded mtb-style baggy shorts from Decathalon for £15 or so. Believe me, they make all the difference!

Ultimately though, your bum will harden up as the muscles learn to remember the work of cycling.

Don't wear jeans, denim will rip the inside of your thighs to shreds - spoken as someone who limped into a bike shop ten miles into a ride wearing cut-off denims, almost crying and waving a credit card!

You can also buy something called chamois cream, essentially a lubricant that you rub into the chamois pad in the shorts before the ride. Mainly used by pro's and club racers on long rides, although i did a 100-miler the other week and never needed it.

By *etitesaraTV/TS  over a year ago

rochdale

Wish us luck anyway, we're off to South Wales at the weekend to take part in a Mountain Bike Marathon in the Black Mountains - think this could hurt a little!

Riding a bike is just like sex - you never forget how to do it!!!

» Add a new message to this topic