FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > A little hot water help please

A little hot water help please

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *litterbabe OP   Woman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Hopefully one of you might know the answer to this. Occasionally, it seems especially in the morning, for some reason there is no hot water in my home.

The boiler seems absolutely fine, the pressure is correct, the heating works but the hot water doesn't come through.

Then suddenly for no reason at all an hour or two later it will all be back to normal.

It's a combi-boiler could anybody tell me what might be the problem please?

Thank you so much for your help.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *typical guyMan  over a year ago

wigan

There will be a switch/diaphragm assembly that senses the demand for hot water when the tap is turned on. Diaphragm may be split or switch may be faulty. Its best to let a gas safe engineer fix it though if you don't know about boilers

By *andonmessMan  over a year ago

A world all of his own

"There will be a switch/diaphragm assembly that senses the demand for hot water when the tap is turned on. Diaphragm may be split or switch may be faulty. Its best to let a gas safe engineer fix it though if you don't know about boilers"

My guess would be the divert valve too. More likely that it's sticking as you do (eventually) get hot water. Over night, when it's not being used, it's partially seizing in its housing. Just a guess mind...

hiding from cock pics.

Thank you so much. I had the same problem and they changed the board that has the diverter valve on ( at least I'm sure they said something like that), about a year or two ago. Is there any way of sorting it out without the board being changed again?

Is it like a circuit board or something?

By *andonmessMan  over a year ago

A world all of his own

To be honest, my knowledge of central heating systems is limited to say the least! However, I'd be looking for the actual valve (it should look something like a block with 3 pipes connected to it, incoming, central heating and hot water) and perhaps give it a light (yes, light!) tap when you turn your hot tap on first thing in the morning. If you hear it switch over/get hot water, you know the valve is sticking.

Personally, I don't think it's electrical/electronic as components rarely "occasionally work". They tend to work or not.

NB. Please, PLEASE don't beat seven shades of shit out of the valve, should you find it. I don't want to be responsible for you breaking/flooding anything lol.

By *olden RatioWoman  over a year ago

Buckinghamshire

I had the exact same thing happen last week. Turned out to be the diverter valve.

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

As has been said it will be the diverter valve but that's nothing to do with the circuit board and if that's what they said last time they've shafted you. You can get repair kits quite cheap about £20 or so. If you'd like mail me the make and model and I'll tell you the cost of the parts

By *ithintemptationsCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

diverter valve

hiding from cock pics.

Thank you so much.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Combi boilers do not have divert valves so its not that, when the hot tap is opened there's a flow valve that sends a signal to the pcb to tell the ch pump to stop, the fan to start, the gas valve to open and burner to light up to give hot water...

If you had a similar problem not long ago its worth asking who fixed it before to come back as it could be a simple fix or the part could still be under warranty...

xx

hiding from cock pics.

Thanks

» Add a new message to this topic