FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Parent Parking Spaces

Parent Parking Spaces

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Parents group demanding more spaces...

What about parents who cant afford a car....

Ooooooo'er......

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Demanding things they aren't entitled too... Brilliant

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I was in a carpark once and there were spaces for pregnant women! These spaces were closer to the supermarket than the disabled ones!!

By *erbyDalesCplCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

"Parents group demanding more spaces...

Ooooooo'er...... "

I don't see the problem.

Give them loads more, but put them in the farthest possible corner so the kids get more exercise.

Job done

Mr ddc

"Demanding things they aren't entitled too... Brilliant "

In fairness they said they would be happy to have more spaces even if those spaces were located as far away from the shop entrance as possible.....

So would that not mean leaving the car at home.

evesham

Fuck sake! 80% of parents surveyed say lack of parent and. His spaces forced them into dangerous situations?! I Fucking hate this entitled, wimpy are society we are becoming.... And I work in health and safety lol

Maybe control your kids better?

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

"Demanding things they aren't entitled too... Brilliant

In fairness they said they would be happy to have more spaces even if those spaces were located as far away from the shop entrance as possible.....

So would that not mean leaving the car at home. "

It would mean parking at the door but walking in the opposite direction to get to it

Ooooooo'er...... "

What about the parents who cant afford a car? They won't be worried either way about parking or lack of

"Fuck sake! 80% of parents surveyed say lack of parent and. His spaces forced them into dangerous situations?! I Fucking hate this entitled, wimpy are society we are becoming.... And I work in health and safety lol

Maybe control your kids better? "

Perhaps these people should be banned from having procreative sex....

Maybe they should only be allowed to stick it up the chuffer ......

I demand new laws be passed immediately ..

what bugs me is alot of the places show a Mother with a child.

How about father & Baby Parking????,

i do like the wider Bays less likely some (Insert curseword) opening there door into your car leaving car park dings!!

Ooooooo'er......

What about the parents who cant afford a car? They won't be worried either way about parking or lack of "

For goodness sake man ..... do you not understand the meaning of Rant Thursday...... sheeesh....

Ooooooo'er......

What about the parents who cant afford a car? They won't be worried either way about parking or lack of

For goodness sake man ..... do you not understand the meaning of Rant Thursday...... sheeesh.... "

I understand it perfectly well, how about rant about something that makes sense?

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Mold

Been on mumsnet again Soxy ?

Think it's bad here in the UK ? Go to the States and they have privelege parking for Servicemen

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

Time to pull out the sisters old doll so. Has to be easier than this wheelchair Iv been lugging around in my booth

I like a nice space by the door. Shoot me

A local school is located across the road from a council car park. They still insist in double parking outside the school gates.

Too lazy to walk or refuse to pay 30p to park?

Derbyshire

"Been on mumsnet again Soxy ?

Think it's bad here in the UK ? Go to the States and they have privelege parking for Servicemen "

We should have "bald men parking" close to the entrance.

People don't appreciate just how cold it can get without hair

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Easy solution. Don't take feral children to supermarkets.

Leave them at home until you're able to control them.

I'll take notice of privileged parking other than disabled when they put a 'single woman just popping in for a bottle of prosecco' space

By *litheroevoyeurMan  over a year ago

Clitheroe

Ooooooo'er...... "

They won't need parking spaces.

Ooooooo'er......

For goodness sake man ..... do you not understand the meaning of Rant Thursday...... sheeesh....

I understand it perfectly well, how about rant about something that makes sense? "

erm..... a forum rant is the expression of absurdity about a relatively innocuous situation ..... its about not making sense .......

But hey who an I too make the rules''''

Oh yeah I'm soxy...... In your face ...

Ooooooo'er......

They won't need parking spaces."

"I'll take notice of privileged parking other than disabled when they put a 'single woman just popping in for a bottle of prosecco' space "

By *atcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Suffolk - East Anglia

"Fuck sake! 80% of parents surveyed say lack of parent and. His spaces forced them into dangerous situations?! I Fucking hate this entitled, wimpy are society we are becoming.... And I work in health and safety lol

Exactly. And they chose to have kids so fuck'em. Disabled parking nearest the shop, no one chooses to be disabled.

By *rank n BettyCouple  over a year ago

Not meeting

I have kids and can still use the spaces as 1 is under 12 (far too old should be 10 I think). I'm not fussed where they are in a car park but do like them because they protect other people's cars. You don't want my strong 10 year old opening his door onto your car & neither do I as I can't afford to repair it.

The main aim was for babies in car seats - doors can be opened easily to get them in & out.

By *rinking-in-laCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

Where has this happened?

Are we being manipulated into a rant over fake news?

"Where has this happened?

Are we being manipulated into a rant over fake news?"

As if I would do such a thing....

By *unandbuckCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

What about those 'ladies parking' spaces, they are annoying.

They are extra wide so they can reverse in and still make it between the lines.

*runs and hides*

MrB

By *atcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Suffolk - East Anglia

"What about those 'ladies parking' spaces, they are annoying.

*runs and hides*

MrB"

By *itSamCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

Never understood these spaces. Why do they need to be closer. Apart from the fact that these days a lot of parents do not even know if the kids are following them. "Cue Capstick Music" When a wur a yung man, we ad no special car park spaces. We med do with wot we ad. Mum held our hand and if we strayed we would know about it. There were no false threats. The constant threat of "if you do that again" was unheard of. We maybe got one chance and we were told that was wrong. The second time would not happen as we knew what was coming. So sorry to all the parents out there who "chose" to have a child. If you want more spaces and take up the spaces of the people who are disabled who "had no choice of a disability" then you put your argument up. When you children get hit by a car or injured some way think of all the experience they would have gained from the local shopping car park. (If the parents are bothered to teach them). This is going out to the people who know who they are. There are many parents who park in standard bays and do look after the kids. The others who know who they are "lazy layabouts who decide to get benefits by having children and just do not care for them and the kids who are having kids who have not grown up enough themselves to gain any experience to pass on to kids". If you have no life experience to pass on what the hell are the kids gonna learn from if you do not teach them. Let them hear the odd car horn in a shopping center car park. Let them get a bit of a shock when they realize it was a close shave.

As for disabled spaces... Do not get me started. A lot of able bodied people think it is a cash point space. Nice to see places are issuing more tickets now. Give the people who do not abide by the rules a bit of experience.

They can pass the experience of the ticket to their child.

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"I have kids and can still use the spaces as 1 is under 12 (far too old should be 10 I think). I'm not fussed where they are in a car park but do like them because they protect other people's cars. You don't want my strong 10 year old opening his door onto your car & neither do I as I can't afford to repair it.

The main aim was for babies in car seats - doors can be opened easily to get them in & out."

You have reminded me of a situation I saw at a well used car park in my local town. A well battered Morris Ital backed into a parking space near my car and struck car behind it. The driver was a little old man who was so short he could barely see over the top of the steering wheel. All three passenger doors opened and banged against the cars either side and three big framed elderly women got out, the car rising upon it`s suspension as the load reduced! Yes, the women were on the large side with slight mobility issues but presumably not enough to classed as disabled. They certainly set off across the car park without issues!

They should have Chelsea Tractor spaces. You should have to cross a kerb first just to get full use out of the 4x4.

Derbyshire

" When a wur a yung man, we ad no special car park spaces. We med do with wot we ad. Mum held our hand and if we strayed we would know about it.

"

When I t'were lad, we never even had supermarkets.

"Easy solution. Don't take feral children to supermarkets.

"

I'm guessing you don't know why parents of small children get parking spaces.

Birmingham

" When a wur a yung man, we ad no special car park spaces. We med do with wot we ad. Mum held our hand and if we strayed we would know about it.

When I t'were lad, we never even had supermarkets.

"

LMFAO

I'm not understanding those saying control your children better For me the spaces are more about the added space to be able to get the children out of the car, as children have to be in certain car seats etc and the easiest way to get them out is to have the door fully open and doing so in an ordinary space could mean putting a dent in another car. I am not bothered if the spaces are as far away as possible, I normally park in a space that's far away due to the spaces being full. It's not about controlling children

"I'm not understanding those saying control your children better For me the spaces are more about the added space to be able to get the children out of the car, as children have to be in certain car seats etc and the easiest way to get them out is to have the door fully open and doing so in an ordinary space could mean putting a dent in another car. I am not bothered if the spaces are as far away as possible, I normally park in a space that's far away due to the spaces being full. It's not about controlling children "

Those who moan about controlling the kids haven't got a clue.

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

Ooooooo'er...... "

Wouldn't matter the ones with the smallest cars would still bash their doors on your car

Funny how when I did the same to her year old Fiat500 Abarth it only then became an issue

S

Birmingham

"I have kids and can still use the spaces as 1 is under 12 (far too old should be 10 I think). I'm not fussed where they are in a car park but do like them because they protect other people's cars. You don't want my strong 10 year old opening his door onto your car & neither do I as I can't afford to repair it.

The main aim was for babies in car seats - doors can be opened easily to get them in & out."

If that was the main aim I am still unsure why they have to be closer then the disabled in some cases. They could have a parent and baby section if they really needed them. I think these days to get more cars in the lines are closer. I just never understood why they have to be right by the store entrance making a wheelchair user have to struggle more.

Sheffield

Or maybe just let the people who could do with parking closer do so. Doesn't have to be a huge problem.

Dozens of people circle carparks trying to get an inch closer to the shop.

Just park near the entrance where there is tons of space and walk the extra 30 seconds.

I often see mums with a shopping in one hand and a toddler in the other struggling to the car.

The people who should be frowned on are the range rover wankers who speed up to the front and dump it in a disabled spot.

Birmingham

Think it's bad here in the UK ? Go to the States and they have privelege parking for Servicemen

"

I got a hat now.... Have to have my hair cut short to make the bald patch feel at home. Unless someone has a fancy dress party for friar tuck in which case nature will sort out my hair for the occasion

West Wales

*runs and hides*

MrB"

I do my parking sensor imitation when H reverses but she does drive a car with very limited rear vision. I still get told to stfu though

S

Derbyshire

"she does drive ... with very limited rear vision. "

That's unusual, Mrs ddc has excellent hindsight...

Sheffield

While struggling with toddlers and on a stressful day, MrsB had a go at a lone lady for parking in Mother and Child spots as they were very full.

The lady held up her false arm and apologised profusely as there were no disabled spots left either...

I think the parent and child spaces are very handy. It doesn't matter about the distance, I wouldn't be bothered about if it was furthest away from the shop.

It's handy because it means I can open up the door whilst getting my kid in and out the car without worrying the door banging into the car parked next to me.

West Wales

"she does drive ... with very limited rear vision.

That's unusual, Mrs ddc has excellent hindsight...

"

S

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

I don't mind disabled spots, or parent and child spots, but the regular spots just aren't big enough anymore. I've got a Mondeo and either the nose or the bum is always sticking out even when you go as far into the space as possible, and its often a squeeze to get out of the doors. The spaces just aren't wide enough for modern cars, well either that of I've been having too many sausage rolls again

"I don't mind disabled spots, or parent and child spots, but the regular spots just aren't big enough anymore. I've got a Mondeo and either the nose or the bum is always sticking out even when you go as far into the space as possible, and its often a squeeze to get out of the doors. The spaces just aren't wide enough for modern cars, well either that of I've been having too many sausage rolls again "

I find that spaces are too short with a Mondeo.

Should have lady parking spaces where there are not too spaces nose to tail so that reversing isn't required.

people who park in parent and child spaces or dissabled spaces, to me, are ignorant and show lack of respect!

parent and child spaces have nothing to do with being closer to the store ( although thats what the ignorant people use then for) they are larger spaces giving enough room to get your child in and out of the car whilst also having to get out the pram aswel as keeping away from moving trafic.

i have no issues parking at the opposite side of the car park to the entrance, although the car next to me might when my door hits his car as im trying to get my 8 month old out of his car seat and into his pram

"I don't mind disabled spots, or parent and child spots, but the regular spots just aren't big enough anymore. I've got a Mondeo and either the nose or the bum is always sticking out even when you go as far into the space as possible, and its often a squeeze to get out of the doors. The spaces just aren't wide enough for modern cars, well either that of I've been having too many sausage rolls again "

normal spaces arent as wide as they used to be i agree, i drive an estate though and the legnth always fits :-/

"I think the parent and child spaces are very handy. It doesn't matter about the distance, I wouldn't be bothered about if it was furthest away from the shop.

It's handy because it means I can open up the door whilst getting my kid in and out the car without worrying the door banging into the car parked next to me. "

??????

Sheffield

When I see a able bodied Range Rover drivers parked in a disabled spot, I break their legs so they have a few weeks in plaster to have more empathy with the issue.

Firm but fair

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

The Range Rover and BMW brigade soon learnt that the Mother and Child places at our biggest supermarket aren't patrolled let alone have sanctions on them.

Pointed out a flagrant breach to the store security guard once, only to be met with complete indifference.

What annoys me more is the speed that these clowns drive around the car park in.order to bag these premium spaces!

I can't help but think most people moaning about parent and child spaces are just pissed off that they have to walk further themselves.

I really don't see the issue.

Cambridge

"I don't mind disabled spots, or parent and child spots, but the regular spots just aren't big enough anymore. I've got a Mondeo and either the nose or the bum is always sticking out even when you go as far into the space as possible, and its often a squeeze to get out of the doors. The spaces just aren't wide enough for modern cars, well either that of I've been having too many sausage rolls again

normal spaces arent as wide as they used to be i agree, i drive an estate though and the legnth always fits :-/"

Try a mondeo!

"I don't mind disabled spots, or parent and child spots, but the regular spots just aren't big enough anymore. I've got a Mondeo and either the nose or the bum is always sticking out even when you go as far into the space as possible, and its often a squeeze to get out of the doors. The spaces just aren't wide enough for modern cars, well either that of I've been having too many sausage rolls again

normal spaces arent as wide as they used to be i agree, i drive an estate though and the legnth always fits :-/

Try a mondeo! "

is a mondeo estate not longer??

By *isKinkedKuntsMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

What about low emissions spaces!! Not only are those driving em avoiding paying proper vehicle tax but then the get to be next to the door. Admittedly I love nothing more than parking in them next to a prius and keeping me foot on the accelerator a bit to make sure they world doesn't miss out on the extra hydrocarbons. Thank God for V8s.

"I think the parent and child spaces are very handy. It doesn't matter about the distance, I wouldn't be bothered about if it was furthest away from the shop.

It's handy because it means I can open up the door whilst getting my kid in and out the car without worrying the door banging into the car parked next to me. "

this for me... although mine are to old to worry except when I have the grandkids.. in fact in a normal space its impossible to get a babyseat out due to not being able to open the door.

Bristol

"What about low emissions spaces!! Not only are those driving em avoiding paying proper vehicle tax but then the get to be next to the door. Admittedly I love nothing more than parking in them next to a prius and keeping me foot on the accelerator a bit to make sure they world doesn't miss out on the extra hydrocarbons. Thank God for V8s. "

Thank god for you.

Bastards eh? Using fewer resources to go from A to B. How dare they?

What we need is more ignorant posturing idiots.

By *isKinkedKuntsMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

"What about low emissions spaces!! Not only are those driving em avoiding paying proper vehicle tax but then the get to be next to the door. Admittedly I love nothing more than parking in them next to a prius and keeping me foot on the accelerator a bit to make sure they world doesn't miss out on the extra hydrocarbons. Thank God for V8s.

Thank god for you.

Bastards eh? Using fewer resources to go from A to B. How dare they?

What we need is more ignorant posturing idiots. "

Your welcome

"What about low emissions spaces!! Not only are those driving em avoiding paying proper vehicle tax but then the get to be next to the door. Admittedly I love nothing more than parking in them next to a prius and keeping me foot on the accelerator a bit to make sure they world doesn't miss out on the extra hydrocarbons. Thank God for V8s. "
you are doing a service.. love v engines.

"I was in a carpark once and there were spaces for pregnant women! These spaces were closer to the supermarket than the disabled ones!!"

Ive always thought it down right wrong for these who are NOT disabled to park in the marked disabled spaces...and that they should be struck down with a disability for doing so...

So should the same happen to those using the pregnant womens spaces ???

Personally i use the single male spaces...as far away from shop door...theres always spaces,no one parks so close you get their door dinging my car,and good exercise carrying shopping to car

So long as it keeps them in the car and not getting in my way on public transport, I'm all for it

Cambridge

Try a mondeo!

is a mondeo estate not longer??"

Nope, they have the same wheel base.

"what bugs me is alot of the places show a Mother with a child.

How about father & Baby Parking????,

"

I think I love you

Sheffield

"

Try a mondeo!

Nope, they have the same wheel base."

Wheel base is just the distance between the wheels. The back can stick out further between types.

They could still be the same length, but you'd need to check length, not wheelbase..

Cambridge

"

Try a mondeo!

Nope, they have the same wheel base.

Wheel base is just the distance between the wheels. The back can stick out further between types.

They could still be the same length, but you'd need to check length, not wheelbase.."

Both are 4,867mm

No comment - pet hate ignorant people parking in them spaces with out kids

"So long as it keeps them in the car and not getting in my way on public transport, I'm all for it "

Many many moons ago, when my children were babies, I used to appreciate those spaces that gave me a bit of room to get the car seat in or battle with a toddler who didn't want to get into their car seat. Nothing about needing the spaces nearer the store, it was just a bit of extra space I needed to make life a bit easier. Now mine are grown ups it's not needed but I certainly don't begrudge those that need them. Can't understand how people get so angsty over stuff that helps people when they need it.

By *100Man  over a year ago

Essex

Pmsl I have 3 kids and always manage to get the space right next to the automatic doors saved for parents with young children even if I leave the kids at home pmsl again, sorry I'm really naughty I know lol.

This is going well....!

evesham

"I'm not understanding those saying control your children better For me the spaces are more about the added space to be able to get the children out of the car, as children have to be in certain car seats etc and the easiest way to get them out is to have the door fully open and doing so in an ordinary space could mean putting a dent in another car. I am not bothered if the spaces are as far away as possible, I normally park in a space that's far away due to the spaces being full. It's not about controlling children

Those who moan about controlling the kids haven't got a clue."

Absolutely do have a clue. It is not impossible to get car seats out on normal parking spaces.... I have done it several times. Parent and child spaces are not a right, they are a nice to have that supermarkets have deployed to entice people to use their shops because look... They are all fluffy and nice and what not.

The news article refers to parents claiming they are FORCED Into dangerous situations due to not having access to parent and child spaces. What dangerous situations are these then?

evesham

"I can't help but think most people moaning about parent and child spaces are just pissed off that they have to walk further themselves.

I really don't see the issue. "

Nope. Plenty of parking spaces right out the front of my local supermarkets. I have no issue with them per say. What I do have an issue is over sensationalising situations. Something that is all too prevalent in today's needy 'love me, I'm special' society.

I'm surprised they arent demanding dedicated parking spaces with Fucking name plates on!

"

The council should offer a free hat incentive in the winter months to prevent your kind parking in unauthorised spaces!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I've taken to parking in these supermarket car park spaces and lost any guilt etc that might have been felt. Blame it all on me.

Bristol

"Many many moons ago, when my children were babies, I used to appreciate those spaces that gave me a bit of room to get the car seat in or battle with a toddler who didn't want to get into their car seat. Nothing about needing the spaces nearer the store, it was just a bit of extra space I needed to make life a bit easier. Now mine are grown ups it's not needed but I certainly don't begrudge those that need them. Can't understand how people get so angsty over stuff that helps people when they need it.

"

Because small minded people hate seeing people getting something they are not.

Shit upbringing. Makes them selfish small minded tossers who need to hear the word no as often as possible until they realise that they don't get everything they want in life and carping, moaning and lying won't help them anymore.

I always park in the parent & child space when I take my mum or son shopping - one is a parent, one is the child ....doesn't give an age range

Sheffield

"I always park in the parent & child space when I take my mum or son shopping - one is a parent, one is the child ....doesn't give an age range "

There's a picture on the floor of the parking in yellow paint instead.

So long as your Mum or Son is 4ft tall, you are in the clear

"I always park in the parent & child space when I take my mum or son shopping - one is a parent, one is the child ....doesn't give an age range

There's a picture on the floor of the parking in yellow paint instead.

So long as your Mum or Son is 4ft tall, you are in the clear "

They are not in real size as ....it's just a picture

"I was in a carpark once and there were spaces for pregnant women! These spaces were closer to the supermarket than the disabled ones!!"

They have these in the States - great for waddling into the store

*runs and hides*

MrB"

Ha ha I used to really struggle with parking, I blame my exs lieing to me about what 12 inches looks like

K xx

I'm in the position of being a single parent to a one year old, and I use a wheelchair full-time.

I have to worry about having enough space each side of my car now. Driver's side to fuck about putting my wheelchair together (I cannot walk at all) and getting alongside passenger side to get my child out (my wheelchair has cambered wheels and it's quite wide cuz I have a fat ass).

evesham

"I'm in the position of being a single parent to a one year old, and I use a wheelchair full-time.

I have to worry about having enough space each side of my car now. Driver's side to fuck about putting my wheelchair together (I cannot walk at all) and getting alongside passenger side to get my child out (my wheelchair has cambered wheels and it's quite wide cuz I have a fat ass). "

But that is a different, and totally understandable need.

"I'm in the position of being a single parent to a one year old, and I use a wheelchair full-time.

I have to worry about having enough space each side of my car now. Driver's side to fuck about putting my wheelchair together (I cannot walk at all) and getting alongside passenger side to get my child out (my wheelchair has cambered wheels and it's quite wide cuz I have a fat ass). "

Surely you're entitled to a Blue badge then so p&c spaces aren't needed?

"I always park in the parent & child space when I take my mum or son shopping - one is a parent, one is the child ....doesn't give an age range "
ours says under 10 x

"I always park in the parent & child space when I take my mum or son shopping - one is a parent, one is the child ....doesn't give an age range ours says under 10 x"

Does having a mental age of under 10 count ??

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Oh to be perfect. Some women have hip and pelvis problems when pregnant making it painful to walk. Some kids are not perfect and suffer from various problems which can affect their behaviour while everyone looks on and complains about unruly children.

Some people who use disabled spaces may not appear to have a disability but you cannot see everyone's disability.

Whilst everyone else rants about parking spaces give a thought to the kids with autism, ADHD, fragile X, dyspraxia, etc. Give a thought to the people with unseen disabilities or conditions that limit their mobility.

Their daily struggles merit at least a parking space and more understanding.

At least while they are parked, they aint driving on the road like fuckwits. The school run around here is like Deathrace 2000

"Oh to be perfect. Some women have hip and pelvis problems when pregnant making it painful to walk. Some kids are not perfect and suffer from various problems which can affect their behaviour while everyone looks on and complains about unruly children.

Some people who use disabled spaces may not appear to have a disability but you cannot see everyone's disability.

Whilst everyone else rants about parking spaces give a thought to the kids with autism, ADHD, fragile X, dyspraxia, etc. Give a thought to the people with unseen disabilities or conditions that limit their mobility.

"

"Oh to be perfect. Some women have hip and pelvis problems when pregnant making it painful to walk. Some kids are not perfect and suffer from various problems which can affect their behaviour while everyone looks on and complains about unruly children.

"

evesham

"

If it limits their mobility it would mean they would be awarded a blue badge and so be entitled to park in disabled bays. In fact even if you don't have to have a disabled badge to park in disabled bays on private land.

This isn't about those with limited mobility at all.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Hereford

"Easy solution. Don't take feral children to supermarkets.

"

"Control them"?

If I hope to teach my child one thing it is how to refuse/resist being controlled.

By *ureTemptationWoman  over a year ago

Off the grid

Try having newborn twins and using a normal car parking space.

1. Go get buggy out back of car and set it up. You have to leave it parked behind the car in the line of traffic but that's ok, you park it as close as possible to the car.

2. Get baby twin 1 out and out in buggy.

Then LEAVE YOUR BABY IN THE LINE OF TRAFFIC ON ITS OWN (praying to god no one clips the buggy as they drive past) because you then have to get baby twin 2 out.

Yeah cos that's fun. And not dangerous or scary at all.

I would've been happy with parking spaces at the other end of the car park but please let them be wide!

If you just have one baby it's not a huge deal. But two non-walkers and you're a bit screwed.

By *ohnaronMan  over a year ago

london

If any young lady needs a parking space I would be happy to help her become a parent.

By *ureTemptationWoman  over a year ago

Off the grid

If it limits their mobility it would mean they would be awarded a blue badge and so be entitled to park in disabled bays. In fact even if you don't have to have a disabled badge to park in disabled bays on private land.

This isn't about those with limited mobility at all. "

Have you ever taken a kid with autism or ADHD round a supermarket? And they have a meltdown and you have to try and get them to a car through a busy car park while they are trying to run/hitting and kicking you?

For the record no you don't automatically get a blue badge for kids with autism or ADHD. To be honest it takes several years most of the time to get a diagnosis. Blue badges are VERY difficult to get for a child with a behaviour disability.

In the meantime there's usually someone in said supermarket who likes to throw you a "control your child" look or comment just to keep you entertained.

Thank fuck for shopping online.

"If any young lady needs a parking space I would be happy to help her become a parent."

^ that's really fucking spooky....

I got to the supermarket late at night with my teenage son... parent parking - no worries

I'm the parent and he's the child!

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

Now, now dear. You can't expect little timothy to actually walk do you, that will never do. LoL

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

I used to use them regularly when taking my elderly mother (89) out.

Seems entirely logical; they were for " parent and child" and closer than the blue badge disabled spaces

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

"The Range Rover and BMW brigade soon learnt that the Mother and Child places at our biggest supermarket aren't patrolled let alone have sanctions on them.

"

Sorry but you are wrong being a BMW driver I don't use the Mother and Child places I prefer to park on the white line and use two spaces.

"The Range Rover and BMW brigade soon learnt that the Mother and Child places at our biggest supermarket aren't patrolled let alone have sanctions on them.

Sorry but you are wrong being a BMW driver I don't use the Mother and Child places I prefer to park on the white line and use two spaces."

Absolutely loving that the canned response to entitled babies demanding more special treatment is to call the people opposing it entitled.

[Mothers]Waaaahh I want mah special space! Because I'm special! And my darling angel is even more special, plebs get out of my way!

[The Rest]Wait? Haven't you already had your allocation of privilege parking? You want more?!

[Mothers]Waaaahh you haven't got a clue, we need more, because we're worth it! How dare you question our demands!

Personally a small allocation of disabled spaces is about all that's acceptable in my view. Not 2 dozen for a shop that never has more than 20-30 people in at a time. And not a shit ton of "I got some man muck chucked up me achievement award" spaces either.

You aren't entitled to it, no matter how much society coddles you into thinking you are. Get your ass to the same water fountain as the rest of us.

For the record, we have 2 kids, we can use the spaces if we wish, and occasionally do. We just aren't total cretins who whine and moan about more and more of them. They shouldn't be there in the first place

By *ezzelsMan  over a year ago

cheshire and north wales

Buy local in local shops, walk where you can, use internet shopping and top up with stuff locally.The pollutants from you car are doing far more damage to the kids short and long term. 99 percent of petrol is used for the transporting the car and not the occupants, climate change and resource wars in next 20 years, think of car as last option, not first, be the prerson who makes a difference, be a devils advocate..

Bristol

"Absolutely loving that the canned response to entitled babies demanding more special treatment is to call the people opposing it entitled.

[Mothers]Waaaahh I want mah special space! Because I'm special! And my darling angel is even more special, plebs get out of my way!

[The Rest]Wait? Haven't you already had your allocation of privilege parking? You want more?!

[Mothers]Waaaahh you haven't got a clue, we need more, because we're worth it! How dare you question our demands!

Personally a small allocation of disabled spaces is about all that's acceptable in my view. Not 2 dozen for a shop that never has more than 20-30 people in at a time. And not a shit ton of "I got some man muck chucked up me achievement award" spaces either.

You aren't entitled to it, no matter how much society coddles you into thinking you are. Get your ass to the same water fountain as the rest of us.

For the record, we have 2 kids, we can use the spaces if we wish, and occasionally do. We just aren't total cretins who whine and moan about more and more of them. They shouldn't be there in the first place "

Fine, but what damage do they do to you?

Isn't the whole point of parent spaces that they're wider and therefore, it's easier to get your child out of without bashing the car next to you?

We used them when my Mum was poorly and had a wheelchair for a while.

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

when I take my mother(91) shopping can I use the mother and child place

By *ezzelsMan  over a year ago

cheshire and north wales

Physical damage from 1200 pollutants and pyschological damage as peolpe get stressed about mother and baby spaces..

Sheffield

"when I take my mother(91) shopping can I use the mother and child place

"

Yes, also you need an extra wide spot to get that poppy through the gap

Parent and child spaces (as that is the correct PC way to say it!) personally I think supermarkets have enough although I think they should be moved to a quite area of the car park, as I've heard some parents say the spaces don't need to be near the doors, just spaces wide enough for the car doors to be opened fully when car seats are being lifted out to protect cars.

Also if they were further away, it would put an end to people without kids parking in them wouldn't it? As they don't want to walk that far!!

G x

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

"when I take my mother(91) shopping can I use the mother and child place

"

Yes; you are parent and child....

I used to.

"Absolutely loving that the canned response to entitled babies demanding more special treatment is to call the people opposing it entitled.

For the record, we have 2 kids, we can use the spaces if we wish, and occasionally do. We just aren't total cretins who whine and moan about more and more of them. They shouldn't be there in the first place

Fine, but what damage do they do to you?"

Well for a start having the entire half of the car park thats near the door means that when the missus sends me for something WITHOUT the kids ive got to walk through rain even if there are 2 dozen empty spaces near the door.

I don't really care about parent and child spaces being closer to the store as I hold my child's hand through the car park anyway, but I do park in parent and child spaces because I have a two door car and my child swings open the door and knocks into other cars if I'm in a normal space.

Also when she was in a car seat it was a bit of a squeeze trying to lift her in and out the car if I couldn't open my door wide enough.

» Add a new message to this topic