FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Transgender children.

Transgender children.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *opsy Rogers OP   Woman  over a year ago

London

What a heart wrenching programme but what a positive change in support services in such a short time.

May I ask of those that identify as transgender, did you always know from a very young age?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I forgot it was on. I'll try and get on catch up.

By *opsy Rogers OP   Woman  over a year ago

London

"I forgot it was on. I'll try and get on catch up.

"

Not sensationalised either.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I forgot it was on. I'll try and get on catch up.

"

I forgot too!!! Def one to catch up on.

"What a heart wrenching programme but what a positive change in support services in such a short time.

May I ask of those that identify as transgender, did you always know from a very young age? "

Would love to see the programme and I never watch TV. Great to finally see proper support being put in place for transgender people.

I imagine it is a difficult thing to deal with but to have little or no support and to be facing ignorant attitudes towards it daily must be awful. Hope the programme enlightens people's attitudes.

Nowhere near as young as the kids in that programmme. I didn't even know transgender people existed until I was around 12. Then it took me a few years to figure out all the things I wasn't until I realised what it was going on. Probably about 15 when it first occurred to me i might be male.

By *ayde BlanchardTV/TS  over a year ago

lancashire

Yes I did your not sure what you are at first but becomes clear from about the age of 13. The major problem a lot of transgender have on sites like fab is being confused with crossdressers there just guys enjoying a dress up fantasy and we're nothing alike.

By *arteeneWoman  over a year ago

aylesbury

Yes I did when I was about 6 or 7 I told my mum and all I got was no your not then at about 12 I said the same again told no your not then at 16 I was forced in to the army and told this will make you a man

My daughter is 10 and currently trying to figure this one out. All she's sure about is that she not sure about having a gender at all.

Hopefully she will come to a conclusion that she will be content with. She has our unwavering support whatever happens.

By *rank n BettyCouple  over a year ago

Not meeting

My friends young daughter has started the process to become male. The support they are getting is quite honestly fantastic from school, doctors, psychiatrists. It's making the process/transition an awful lot easier for my friend to deal with

JG x

I don't understand it.

By *asokittyWoman  over a year ago

Nr Worksop

"I don't understand it. "

You don't have to understand it. Just accept it.

"I don't understand it.

You don't have to understand it. Just accept it. "

My acceptance of it is irrelevant.

By *aucy tiggerWoman  over a year ago

Back where I belong

I found the programme interesting, informative and moving. My one concern was that they said they saw children as young as 3! I find it difficult to understand how children that young can be confused about they're gender.

What channel and when was this on please? The youngest child I've met with gender identity issues was in Reception (age 5). More is being done but like most things it's a post code lottery out there.

"What channel and when was this on please? The youngest child I've met with gender identity issues was in Reception (age 5). More is being done but like most things it's a post code lottery out there. "

Isn't that most five year olds?

By *adystephanieTV/TS  over a year ago

glos

In my younger days ;-( there was little or no support for anyone with transgender issues, and indeed little or no understanding from those that encountered us socially, which in itself was a constant and real threat for ones safety.

Unfortunately, although the general population have evolved to understand and become supportive, sadly the transgender groups have become rather segregational by there own doing and like to place the various 'stages of gender identity' in neat little boxes in order to force a stronger reaction from the general public towards those that are fully transitional and believe their rights are far more important than the varying stages.

There are no basic differences in gender issues the seed so to speak is sewn for all, some feel the need to complete the cycle and others do not....

Just my simple thoughts on a rather complex issue.

What channel was the programe on and when ? I would like to watch it.

By *asokittyWoman  over a year ago

Nr Worksop

"I don't understand it.

My acceptance of it is irrelevant."

Not if it's someone you know.

I don't believe any five year old can be certain of their gender other than being (like any other young child) driven by their parents.

Gender differences have become so mixed and blurred and seemingly increasingly so that I don't understand why a child (and parent) couldn't accept a child can be what they are, as they are.

I don't understand why they'd need to physically change for the acceptance.

"I don't understand it.

My acceptance of it is irrelevant.

Not if it's someone you know. "

Then I expect they'd value my acceptance more if it wasn't through ignorance or lack of consideration.

By *limBobStretchedPantsMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

It's great to see the support now being made available to those who need it.

Can I just play devils advocate for a while though.

Would you say the lack of support that was offered to people say 10 years ago was because there was less social pressure on identifying ones self? Surely like mental illnesses these problems have been faced by people through the ages and because they haven't been classified or given a category people have just got on with it?

Please note I mean no disrespect to anyone whatsoever who suffers with any thing I just find it odd that we all seem to have to have a label these days to be accepted

I have a friend who is a FtM transgender and he said he figured it out when he was quite young but didn't realise what it was for quite some time and when he did it took him a while to act on it or tell anyone.

I myself identify as genderfluid but people aren't quite as accepting of that so I don't normally divulge this information to anyone. Other than close friends or a partner.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

"It's great to see the support now being made available to those who need it.

Would you say the lack of support that was offered to people say 10 years ago was because there was less social pressure on identifying ones self? Surely like mental illnesses these problems have been faced by people through the ages and because they haven't been classified or given a category people have just got on with it?

Please note I mean no disrespect to anyone whatsoever who suffers with any thing I just find it odd that we all seem to have to have a label these days to be accepted "

Everyone is still registered male or female at birth. Labels are given at an early age.

By *limBobStretchedPantsMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

"It's great to see the support now being made available to those who need it.

Please note I mean no disrespect to anyone whatsoever who suffers with any thing I just find it odd that we all seem to have to have a label these days to be accepted

Everyone is still registered male or female at birth. Labels are given at an early age."

This is kinda what I mean. Our society has changed so much and we are aware of so much more about ourselves are we just in too much of a rush to give ourselves the correct Label?

But you are 'male' or 'female' at birth. How else could that be different?

To me the issue is that a child is made to feel that what they feel is wrong when surely it should just be ok regardless of their biological gender.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"But you are 'male' or 'female' at birth. How else could that be different?

To me the issue is that a child is made to feel that what they feel is wrong when surely it should just be ok regardless of their biological gender."

There's a difference between biological sex and gender.

And secondly, not all kids are even born definitively male or female biology wise.

It's very complicated, which is why generally the best thing to do is trust people when they tell you how they feel.

"But you are 'male' or 'female' at birth. How else could that be different?

To me the issue is that a child is made to feel that what they feel is wrong when surely it should just be ok regardless of their biological gender.

There's a difference between biological sex and gender.

And secondly, not all kids are even born definitively male or female biology wise.

It's very complicated, which is why generally the best thing to do is trust people when they tell you how they feel. "

Adult can identify as they wish.

Children are considered children for a reason. I don't think their issue relates to a penis (or penis related gender). This is the part I don't understand.

» Add a new message to this topic