FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Special thanks to health care workers

Special thanks to health care workers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *icketysplits OP   Woman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I know many forum folk work or have worked in health and social care and I wanted to offer you all thanks for your work.

I've spent the last two days at my mother's care home and I have witnessed extraordinary care and attention. I have seen nurses staying on shift for hours after theirs has ended to ensure that those in their care have no suffering. Genuine tears and feeling from doctors, nurses, HCAs and even the cleaning staff.

THANK YOU for doing all that you do.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I know many forum folk work or have worked in health and social care and I wanted to offer you all thanks for your work.

I've spent the last two days at my mother's care home and I have witnessed extraordinary care and attention. I have seen nurses staying on shift for hours after theirs has ended to ensure that those in their care have no suffering. Genuine tears and feeling from doctors, nurses, HCAs and even the cleaning staff.

"

This is lovely

lovely to hear this - we usually only get the moans xxxx

"lovely to hear this - we usually only get the moans xxxx"

I'm planning to send the health trust and CQC a letter of such praise for the home and for particular individuals.

Recognising excellence is just as important as highlighting when it doesn't work.

I'm a carer in peoples own homes. Love my job makes a difference

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"lovely to hear this - we usually only get the moans xxxx

I'm planning to send the health trust and CQC a letter of such praise for the home and for particular individuals.

Recognising excellence is just as important as highlighting when it doesn't work.

"

It will be very much appreciated.

These people are often under paid and unappreciated for doing what can be a difficult yet rewarding job.

Nita

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

When my dad died and we sent all the letters to various people we actually recieved letters back and personal ones not generic written ones

They where going to send them to the staff and put them on the notice board

Always good to show praise people are usually quick to complain but not as quick with praise

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

"I know many forum folk work or have worked in health and social care and I wanted to offer you all thanks for your work.

"

My mum was in a care home for 10 years before she passed away last year. Have nothing but admiration for the staff. Jack

18 years and counting working with people with mental health issues. From medium secure to community places love the job.

By *eliz NelsonMan  over a year ago

The Tantric Tea Shop

Went the extra a yard a while back....patient mother brought in a box of chocs as thanks....it was my days off...my colleagues ate them

My mum was in a care home for 10 years before she passed away last year. Have nothing but admiration for the staff. Jack "

Wow! We thought our nearly 5 years was long enough.

Everyone came to Mum's room last night to say goodbye in case she didn't make it through the night. The next shift did the same and someone even came in from home as they're off until Thursday night. Amazing levels of love and care.

"Went the extra a yard a while back....patient mother brought in a box of chocs as thanks....it was my days off...my colleagues ate them "

It's the thought that counts.

By *he girl with dreadlocksWoman  over a year ago

need to know basis in Wolverhampton

"

By *ureTemptationWoman  over a year ago

Off the grid

You could thank me in person

we recently lost a resident - we sat in turns for days - on the day she passed her hubby arrived about 5 minutes before and a few hours later he stood in front of all of us - broke down but wanted to thank us for the love and care her and the whole family had received - yes the pay is crap but no money could cover the love in that place for those few minutes -

Yeah MASSIVE shout out here aswell.

My Grandad had 3 strokes one after the other and the work these guys do is no joke.

I was chatting to a few nurses, they do 13 hour shifts straight and all they get is two 30 minute breaks.

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

My mum was in a care home for 10 years before she passed away last year. Have nothing but admiration for the staff. Jack

Everyone came to Mum's room last night to say goodbye in case she didn't make it through the night. The next shift did the same and someone even came in from home as they're off until Thursday night. Amazing levels of love and care.

"

My Dad went pretty much every day to give her her tea. The staff were always fantastic with him aswell, making him drinks and a lot of the time giving him a meal too so they could eat together. Still makes me cry now.

"You could thank me in person "

Thank you.

"we recently lost a resident - we sat in turns for days - on the day she passed her hubby arrived about 5 minutes before and a few hours later he stood in front of all of us - broke down but wanted to thank us for the love and care her and the whole family had received - yes the pay is crap but no money could cover the love in that place for those few minutes - "

It's exactly how we feel.

When Mum was more active and used to get agitated one worker would just sit and hold her hands, sometimes for hours, calming her.

My Dad went pretty much every day to give her her tea. The staff were always fantastic with him aswell, making him drinks and a lot of the time giving him a meal too so they could eat together. Still makes me cry now."

That's lovely.

What a little lovely comment/thread Lickety. Totally agree with you.

Also and strength and hugs to you currently as you're there for your mum. Xx

"What a little lovely comment/thread Lickety. Totally agree with you.

Also and strength and hugs to you currently as you're there for your mum. Xx"

Don't know what I meant by "little lovely" but hey ho.

Don't know what I meant by "little lovely" but hey ho. "

Thanks. You're a little lovely.

Fab is good for killing time...

Don't know what I meant by "little lovely" but hey ho.

Thanks. You're a little lovely.

Fab is good for killing time...

"

You are too

By *urse234Woman  over a year ago

somewhere in Essex

"

After the shit day I've heard this is so lovely to read thank you you've made my day

By *eliz NelsonMan  over a year ago

The Tantric Tea Shop

"Went the extra a yard a while back....patient mother brought in a box of chocs as thanks....it was my days off...my colleagues ate them

"

Just trying to add a bit humour, forgive me!

After 34 yrs of healthcare, I have seen so much, awful stuff and beauty...I was advised a short while back to go on sick leave until pending retirement, after being stuck in a secluded part of building, at a weekend and a mentally unwell patient pulled out a gun.... I took a little time off, I was angry but went back to work..it is my profession....sometimes in stressful occupations, we need humour

After the shit day I've heard this is so lovely to read thank you you've made my day "

You're very welcome. Thank you for all you do and I hope tomorrow is a better day.

"Went the extra a yard a while back....patient mother brought in a box of chocs as thanks....it was my days off...my colleagues ate them

Just trying to add a bit humour, forgive me!

After 34 yrs of healthcare, I have seen so much, awful stuff and beauty...I was advised a short while back to go on sick leave until pending retirement, after being stuck in a secluded part of building, at a weekend and a mentally unwell patient pulled out a gun.... I took a little time off, I was angry but went back to work..it is my profession....sometimes in stressful occupations, we need humour"

Sorry, my quip was meant to be light and humorous.

I hope retirement is less volatile.

"You could thank me in person

Thank you.

"

You could thank me face to face.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

Well said..

By *asokittyWoman  over a year ago

Nr Worksop

"lovely to hear this - we usually only get the moans xxxx

"

It's a shame managers don't believe in this.

Really pleased to hear you've had such a good experience. We tend to only here when 'we' have done something wrong. They will be delighted to receive your feedback .

im a careworker,and its lovely to hear that! lost someone ive been visitng for 2 years yesterday,the kindness and thanks from their family to us was very much appreciated. too often only hear crap stuff in the media...

I've spent the last two days at my mother's care home and I have witnessed extraordinary care and attention. I have seen nurses staying on shift for hours after theirs has ended to ensure that those in their care have no suffering. Genuine tears and feeling from doctors, nurses, HCAs and even the cleaning staff. To

"

Aw Thanks doll! I work in the severely Disabled nursing sector but still need to read lovely comments regarding care staff.

Eve. X

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

"

Thank You xx

H

» Add a new message to this topic