FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Remembrance day.

Remembrance day.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ifferent69 OP   Man  over a year ago

BRIGHTON, UK

May bore some, yet with so much broken and wrong in uk society. Remembrance day events never ceases to fill me with pride.

I,m not a religious person but I would prey to spare loved ones and me never to experience what emotions that war and conflict brings.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We owe a debt of gratitude to all who have fought so we can live the lifestyle we enjoy. Makes me proud. Wear your poppy with pride.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Im just back from the parade. It was brilliant, there was little children i think from rainbows and beavers so small the flags where bigger than them they where carring, the young cadets, the active service people, the old men having to link arms.

The pride and smartness and the fact im sure the wholevtown had turned out.

One poor soldier, his dog just stopped in the middle and rolled over and wouldnt get up.

To me thats what remembrance day is about.

BRIGHTON, UK

"Im just back from the parade. It was brilliant, there was little children i think from rainbows and beavers so small the flags where bigger than them they where carring, the young cadets, the active service people, the old men having to link arms.

The pride and smartness and the fact im sure the wholevtown had turned out.

One poor soldier, his dog just stopped in the middle and rolled over and wouldnt get up.

To me thats what remembrance day is about."

To me its about the men and women who did their duty, not just those who died, not just those who were at the front, and not just those who fought on the winning side, I think about people like my grandfather, uncle, brother, friends, and nephews, who all fought in British uniform, sure, but I also think of the German soldiers, who wanted to get home to mothers fathers sweethearts, wives and children, just as much as British, Japanese, Polish, Canadian, American, and so on and so on.

War has no winners, how can you call an event where we send husbands, fathers and sons to die in a foreign field, can never be a victory.

I also think of the men and women who came home, but left part of who they were behind

BRIGHTON, UK

"To me its about the men and women who did their duty, not just those who died, not just those who were at the front, and not just those who fought on the winning side, I think about people like my grandfather, uncle, brother, friends, and nephews, who all fought in British uniform, sure, but I also think of the German soldiers, who wanted to get home to mothers fathers sweethearts, wives and children, just as much as British, Japanese, Polish, Canadian, American, and so on and so on.

War has no winners, how can you call an event where we send husbands, fathers and sons to die in a foreign field, can never be a victory.

I also think of the men and women who came home, but left part of who they were behind"

. Well done , very well put

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"To me its about the men and women who did their duty, not just those who died, not just those who were at the front, and not just those who fought on the winning side, I think about people like my grandfather, uncle, brother, friends, and nephews, who all fought in British uniform, sure, but I also think of the German soldiers, who wanted to get home to mothers fathers sweethearts, wives and children, just as much as British, Japanese, Polish, Canadian, American, and so on and so on.

I also think of the men and women who came home, but left part of who they were behind"

i think about all those things at different times

I never lost s family member, my grandad was in the homeguard

By *rit_Ind_cplCouple  over a year ago

Barking

Always try to watch it. Saw it on catchup tv in the afternoon.

British Indian.

BRIGHTON, UK

"Always try to watch it. Saw it on catchup tv in the afternoon.

British Indian.

"

somehow we managed to get all but one resident in the lounge to watch at work - and almost got a minutes silence - i cried as i always do for a few reasons xxxxx

I agree wholeheartedly.

I was honoured this morning to be asked to lay a wreath for my local charitable fundraising club.

I have to say the emotion during the readings and the two minutes silence was incredible.

I am not toonly proud to admit there were tears in my eyes.

This tradition, more than any other, will continue in my household and I will instill in my kids that the Rememberance weekend is something that must never die out

after a moving and extremely well attended local service, my blood chilled at news today and thoughts of how important more than ever we must learn from the last world war. the news was a nation's leader has singled out undesirable race/nationals and will hunt them down to throw them out of the country....think back to the 1930's and german leader whipping his nation into a frenzied cleansing to make his country great. far fetched? well i see no one stopping him!

» Add a new message to this topic