FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Anyone good at marketing?

Anyone good at marketing?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ureTemptation OP   Woman  over a year ago

Off the grid

Random q time.

I'm starting a small business. Marketing is not something I know much about.

Where's good to do some reading on it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Do you want us to know the products/services?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Online or Offline Marketing?

Online yes.

I buy quite a lot of Adspace online (Media buying) and have quite a few Niche websites.

Offline marketing not really.

By *ureTemptation OP   Woman  over a year ago

Off the grid

Nope, sorry. I want some generic info to read really.

By *uzy444Woman  over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

can you give me an idea of what youd be offering, if its a service or a product, cos id advise differently..

however word of mouth is underrated

everyone loves a bargain consider using is it groupon in this country, on offer for a limited time of two for one etc..

get known in your demographic, so say it was a product for females and one of your friends hosts a charity/party night, get your gift voucher or product in the raffle..alongside as much free publicity as possible (have flyers/ cards there)

know your competition and market your differences, without putting them down.

customer service and who is answering the phone is your front window, be very careful to have a people person on the phone, sorting out things/ taking appointments.

simple things make a difference x

good luck xx

I used to have 2 separate businesses, one offering a service and one offering products, but it's a little hard to give advice when we don't have any idea what it is. If it's an online business and you sell directly from a website store such as shopify, or if you're offering services and will yourself handle the customer directly, would be two different ball games

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Nope, sorry. I want some generic info to read really. "

No worries. Think about who your target audience is and where they are likely to read things. Google will help - ask a variety of questions. Nip into Waterstones and have a quick look through some marketing books. Even the contents page will give you some pointers for further research.

By *lacklondontvloverMan  over a year ago

London

Go on Youtube, you will find a lot of tutorials and information about marketing. Digital Marketer at http://www.digitalmarketer.com are pretty good as well.

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

Marketing 101...

Who are they?

Where are they?

What are you going to say to them?

As others have said, you need to know your target market/s and you will need to speak to each market in their own terms using the mediums that they use...a bit more complex than this but that's about the gist of it...good luck with your new venture xx

Research , note taking , summarasing and then paraphrasing..simples

Tutorials and additional learning

Depending on context (place, organisation...) and subject (business type )can do some research on reports,journals too

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

"Nope, sorry. I want some generic info to read really. "

A good general read when starting a new business is the E Myth...something a bit chunkier is The Seven Habits of Highly Succesful People....neither are specificly marketing only but both worth reading for a good business grounding.

I work in Direct Marketing where the botton line is ROI. Essentially, figure out where your customers consume their media (local, national papers, radio, online, zocial etc..) and then work towards focusing on the one that delivers most payback for every pound you invest. On flip side, brand marketing is about advertising to as wide an audience as possible. Happy to answer any qs you may have

» Add a new message to this topic