FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Cliquey

Cliquey

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *BW Snowbunny OP   Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere over the Rainbow

Maybe I'm wrong but something I've noticed both on these forums and clubs is that they are cliquey.

I talk to anyone as I'm very sociable but so many will totally blank you if say 'good morning' or look at you like they stepped in something nasty. Little groups This is a reason why I don't go on my own. The people I go with are all friendly and we always talk to and invite new people to join us so they don't feel like outsiders

Forums: seems to be the same people posting and anyone new gets ignored How is someone supposed to enjoy the forums and get to know others if you're not included?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *aughty_amazonWoman  over a year ago

BRISTOL

Never mention the c word.....you will meet ruggers naughty step!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Maybe I'm wrong but something I've noticed both on these forums and clubs is that they are cliquey.

I talk to anyone as I'm very sociable but so many will totally blank you if say 'good morning' or look at you like they stepped in something nasty. Little groups This is a reason why I don't go on my own. The people I go with are all friendly and we always talk to and invite new people to join us so they don't feel like outsiders

Forums: seems to be the same people posting and anyone new gets ignored How is someone supposed to enjoy the forums and get to know others if you're not included?

"

Keep posting regardless. I regularly get ignored but the more I've posted the easier it has become.

Post in anything that catches your eye and I'm sure you'll get plenty of responses

Hi galaxy. (I've never said that before ever, it's like I'm saying a prayer.)

I find this on forums.

You are shouting from the sides, whist the ones at the front get heard first.

Just join in. I do.

But friends (clique) will talk to each other because they're friends. It's not a bad thing. That's a postitive human trait.

When we all start bitching and arguing, that's when It's a shit a forum.

I can't answer for the clubs because I'm still a Virgin but agree with you on the forums.

There's a lot of truth in what you say.

I remember recently someone said 'there is no clique. I just reply to those people I know and like on here and tend to ignore the others'

You can't stop the regulars posting but I hope newbs or lurkers are not put off.

When I first joined here I was always overlooked. I'd say something on a thread and get totally ignored - then one of the forum regulars would say the exactly the same thing 30 mins later and everyone would pile in about what a jolly good point they'd made! It happens all of the time.

Best advice - keep with it, keep posting and don't worry about it. The more you post the more you'll be noticed.

By *loppsyWoman  over a year ago

marlow

I post on the forums regardless of if I'm ignored or not.

They make me chuckle x

I've posted and being ignored more times than I can count, I've also been called out as being part of a clique but that's only because I made the effort to go to a social and get to know people.

Just keep posting, and saying hi to people!

"There's a lot of truth in what you say.

I remember recently someone said 'there is no clique. I just reply to those people I know and like on here and tend to ignore the others'

You can't stop the regulars posting but I hope newbs or lurkers are not put off.

When I first joined here I was always overlooked. I'd say something on a thread and get totally ignored - then one of the forum regulars would say the exactly the same thing 30 mins later and everyone would pile in about what a jolly good point they'd made! It happens all of the time.

Best advice - keep with it, keep posting and don't worry about it. The more you post the more you'll be noticed. "

That's exactly it - you post something it's ignored, then someone else posts the same and everybody responds

Maybe there should be a separate heading for "newbies" to introduce themselves etc and to be welcomed.

Yes l agree.

I just adopt a post when I want to post approach, maybe start an occasional thread

I'm still ignored on the whole, including by people I've messaged before and get replies from away from the forums

My advice is to keep at it, plenty will notice you if you do

R x

When i first came in the forums i got attacked from both sides,maybe i was to honest and told a few people what i thought,im a bit more chilled out now and stay away from the controversial threads

I don't see no response as unfriendly. It tells me there's no objection or challenge to my input so in a way, agreement with me, by omission, if you will

No idea about clubs. The forums are cliquey, but I don't subscribe to the view that there's "a clique". Posters come and go, and there are people monopolising countless threads with plans and flirting that I'd never even seen 3 months ago. In another 3 months it will be entirely different people.

I've been posting on these forums for over 2 years and I still get points ignored in favour of whoever is flavour of the month. Don't take it personally, just barge your way in if you want to and keep on posting what you want

Every one gets ignored on the forums at some point.

It happens to me quite often. I wouldn't let it bother you though.

"I don't see no response as unfriendly. It tells me there's no objection or challenge to my input so in a way, agreement with me, by omission, if you will "

By *ynonValleyBullMan  over a year ago

Aberdare

That's a pretty good bit of advice really...

By *randMrs Spanish BrunetteCouple  over a year ago

home sweet home

"Every one gets ignored on the forums at some point.

It happens to me quite often. I wouldn't let it bother you though. "

This

Welcome to the forums op

MrsSB

*Apart from those in the clique

"No idea about clubs. The forums are cliquey, but I don't subscribe to the view that there's "a clique". Posters come and go, and there are people monopolising countless threads with plans and flirting that I'd never even seen 3 months ago. In another 3 months it will be entirely different people.

I've been posting on these forums for over 2 years and I still get points ignored in favour of whoever is flavour of the month. Don't take it personally, just barge your way in if you want to and keep on posting what you want "

This is true. The 'popular' Forum core evolves over time for sure. And of course not every point everyone makes will be acknowledged - everyone gets overlooked to a degree.

Thank you everyone.

It's good to know it's not me being paranoid I shall keep posting and see what happens. Xx

some of my forum favorites have gone,its really changed on here over the last few months

home sweet home

"Thank you everyone.

It's good to know it's not me being paranoid I shall keep posting and see what happens. Xx"

The more you post and start threads the more people will know you and will want to get in your pants

"some of my forum favorites have gone,its really changed on here over the last few months"

Yes. ...is nice to see some new people in the forum. It keeps it fresh.

I (Mrs) find quite often I'm ignored on a forum but I just let it go over my head

BRISTOL

Who are you?.

I don't do Clicks since I lost my thumbs

"some of my forum favorites have gone,its really changed on here over the last few months

Yes. ...is nice to see some new people in the forum. It keeps it fresh. "

the forum is/was the only thing keeping me on this site,but lately iv been thinking of doing one

I'm in my own little world anyway so it all goes over the top of my head

By *erbyDalesCplCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

"

That's exactly it - you post something it's ignored, then someone else posts the same and everybody responds"

Sometimes I post what I think is a sensible, balanced answer, but it immediately gets lost in a rush of newer posts.

I'd worry that I'd look like a sycophant if I quoted every post I liked and added a .

There are many people here who understand my humour, so I know I can get away with saying certain things, whereas a newbie might take offence, so I am more reticent.

I can happily point you in the direction of many of my threads that died without a single post, and I am still the reigning champion on the thread-killer game. (Although this comment rather assumes you consider me to be part of the clique, whereas I have yet to be formally inducted )

Keep posting, there are many people who will read your post and quietly nod...

..even if it's a whinge about the forum clique.

Mr ddc

"some of my forum favorites have gone,its really changed on here over the last few months

the forum is/was the only thing keeping me on this site,but lately iv been thinking of doing one"

A change is as good as a rest.

By *icassolifelikeMan  over a year ago

Luton

For the men: just remember you're not aloud an opinion that differs from the ladies.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Everyone in the forums was new once. I just joined in. Still do.

Derbyshire

"I'm in my own little world anyway so it all goes over the top of my head "

I find that with most of the threads arguing about height...

By *eaded_BazMan  over a year ago

Truro

Best advice - keep with it, keep posting and don't worry about it. The more you post the more you'll be noticed. "

Wise words here from oh what's his name !

Best advice if they aren't prepared to know you they may not be worth knowing.

But agree get to some socials and keep posting, I try and read and comment no matter who posts, don't let it get to you galaxy.

It happens to me quite often. I wouldn't let it bother you though.

Who are you?. "

They guy that gets ignored

"I'm in my own little world anyway so it all goes over the top of my head

I find that with most of the threads arguing about height...

"

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

I don't overanalyse internet forums.

"Everyone in the forums was new once. I just joined in. Still do. "

I was just about to post the exact same thing

Truro

"For the men: just remember you're not aloud an opinion that differs from the ladies. "

Wow seriously, pleased I'm off to work and not about to watch you get torn apart....ok may be ten mins ??

"Thank you everyone.

It's good to know it's not me being paranoid I shall keep posting and see what happens. Xx"

Yep. Don't worry it's not you. Use the reply and quote more. You'll find people interact more with you when you do.....

"I don't do Clicks since I lost my thumbs "

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS  over a year ago

London&Dublin

If you post something and waiting to get replies, you might get frustrated sometimes.

Just post what you want and don't put any expectations.

Or you can always troll..that will get response quite easily.

"Thank you everyone.

It's good to know it's not me being paranoid I shall keep posting and see what happens. Xx

Yep. Don't worry it's not you. Use the reply and quote more. You'll find people interact more with you when you do....."

I tried that. ....The buggers just ended up arguing with me

Derbyshire

"and I am still the reigning champion on the thread-killer game."

Bugger me, even Mrs ddc is beating me

{runs off to find a closed thread...}

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

"Everyone in the forums was new once. I just joined in. Still do. "

Sometimes it's quite fun to just join in a thread that's become the clique love in and see how long I am ignored for. You'll find your way OP. I've been on here for a few years now and the regulars and flirters change over time. Good luck!

Truro

"I post on the forums regardless of if I'm ignored or not.

They make me chuckle x"

Plough on through Floppsy x

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

On every Internet forum I've posted on, I've heard people saying there's a "clique".

Are there people on here who tend to respond more to people they know? Yes. Are there people who seem to be a bit unfriendly? Yes.

To me, that's just the Internet writ large though. I've said it before, but I've lost count of the amount of times I've posted something utterly fascinating on some forum on the internet and it's been completely ignored. I've also lost count of the times I've posted utter drivel and it's been the catalyst for a huge discussion and just lapped up by others.

It's not because people are horrible, it's just the internet in all its unfathomable glory.

There's some right loons on here, but it's possible to make some great connections and friendships. Frankly, you do see a lot of utter bollocks posted, so people may be naturally wary take a little while to see how people are. Many's the time I've seen someone get advised to join in the forums and they go from posting stuff like "I've got my love rocket in my hand and I'm parked in a layby on the A35 near Mansfield. Why no replies? " to become really valued contributors.

I also think there's excellent knowledge and advise dispensed on the forums about general stuff. There's good people with good things to say. Focus on that and it's a good place to be.

Btw - I doubt there's an A35 in Mansfield. I made it up. I made Mansfield up too, truth be told .

"Thank you everyone.

Yep. Don't worry it's not you. Use the reply and quote more. You'll find people interact more with you when you do.....

I tried that. ....The buggers just ended up arguing with me "

No they didn't, you were imagining it

West Wales and Cardiff

I know this is me being a spelling Nazi, but "advice".

Sorry, it'd ruin my day if I left it.

LS (fully paid-up member of the spelling/ grammar/punctuation clique)

home sweet home

I've been ignored in this thread

MrsSB

"Thank you everyone.

No they didn't, you were imagining it "

Yes they di......wait a minute! I see what's happening here

"I've been ignored in this thread

MrsSB "

Mwah! !!

"Thank you everyone.

No they didn't, you were imagining it

Yes they di......wait a minute! I see what's happening here "

Nice fandango

Brighton - even Hove!

I post in the forums almost daily (sad I know) and to be honest I'm more likely to interact with someone I've seen post before simply because I don't want someone to yell back at me 'who the fuck are you and who asked you?' type of replies rather than the more gentle 'fuck off steve' ones. I just don't know you and don't know how you'd respond.

By *rnortholtMan  over a year ago

E Suffolk

I think it's a lot less of a problem on here than in chat, but perhaps that because the discussions here are so wide ranging.

OK, there are a lot of posts asking for profile advice, cheating on partners, bareback and - well hey you all know the other topics of legend! But as forums go, I think the ones here are pretty good ones and people have come across my radar who might otherwise never have caught my attention.

Yeah, I mean you...no not you....you!

There's no clique.

And non of the members will post arsey responses on this or other threads about cliques angry that their behaviour is being criticised or hurt that outside of their band of sycophants there are some that don't worship every word they type.

Just let them get on with it. Their acceptance is irrelevant to me

home sweet home

"I've been ignored in this thread

MrsSB

Mwah! !! "

Yeah. I'm bending straight ladies now

Truro

QED

You just have to post regardless. Not worry about what everyone else is doing.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Clique is not a term for "established regulars"

We get ignored quite regularly it's disheartening but keep at it sometimes we see how many times we get ignored in a day! Always on the snog/fuck/pass posts or the poster above etc but we like to rant and sometimes we get good advice on here

Ads

I can show 3 threads this morning where I've been ignored.

And more people on this thread have been passed over for a reply too.

Why? Nobody will ever know.

Brighton - even Hove!

"We get ignored quite regularly it's disheartening but keep at it sometimes we see how many times we get ignored in a day! Always on the snog/fuck/pass posts or the poster above etc but we like to rant and sometimes we get good advice on here

Ads"

It's laughable when on a post like that, the straight man under me manages to miss me out and name a woman further up the thread. Can't be seen interacting with the bi guys

"We get ignored quite regularly it's disheartening but keep at it sometimes we see how many times we get ignored in a day! Always on the snog/fuck/pass posts or the poster above etc but we like to rant and sometimes we get good advice on here

Ads

It's laughable when on a post like that, the straight man under me manages to miss me out and name a woman further up the thread. Can't be seen interacting with the bi guys "

Sorry pass

Ads

"I can show 3 threads this morning where I've been ignored.

"

And just when you thought you were being ignored, some Twat replies to you

By *rnortholtMan  over a year ago

E Suffolk

Ads

It's laughable when on a post like that, the straight man under me manages to miss me out and name a woman further up the thread. Can't be seen interacting with the bi guys "

Who said that?

"On every Internet forum I've posted on, I've heard people saying there's a "clique".

Are there people on here who tend to respond more to people they know? Yes. Are there people who seem to be a bit unfriendly? Yes.

To me, that's just the Internet writ large though. I've said it before, but I've lost count of the amount of times I've posted something utterly fascinating on some forum on the internet and it's been completely ignored. I've also lost count of the times I've posted utter drivel and it's been the catalyst for a huge discussion and just lapped up by others.

It's not because people are horrible, it's just the internet in all its unfathomable glory.

There's some right loons on here, but it's possible to make some great connections and friendships. Frankly, you do see a lot of utter bollocks posted, so people may be naturally wary take a little while to see how people are. Many's the time I've seen someone get advised to join in the forums and they go from posting stuff like "I've got my love rocket in my hand and I'm parked in a layby on the A35 near Mansfield. Why no replies? " to become really valued contributors.

I also think there's excellent knowledge and advise dispensed on the forums about general stuff. There's good people with good things to say. Focus on that and it's a good place to be.

Btw - I doubt there's an A35 in Mansfield. I made it up. I made Mansfield up too, truth be told ."

A clique is a group of people who interact with each other to the exclusion of others.

There are definitely little cliques on here in the truest sense of the word - but as you say that's bound to happen - it's human nature.

What I don't like is when little groups turn on an outsider that might say something at odds with one of their mates. Then en masse pile in to demean or belittle said outsider and keep backing each other up with praise and validation and ultimately a public display of joyous triumphalism as the outsider is finally mortally slain by the pack.

That does happen on occasion and it's a sad sight when it does!

By *uzy444Woman  over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

i think you settled in ok

some make the effort op, some dont

some people like you, some dont.

some people you would prefer to not speak to, and spme you would prefer it if they ignored you.

the forums are what you make it tbh. and we are all ignored constantly whether new or not, sometimes by accident we are skipped. ita the nature of linear postings x be well, be happy.. youll soon be accused of being part of some group or other

Brighton - even Hove!

"

Not everyone on a thread needs a reply - otherwise we'd never get anywhere. I've lost count over the years of the amount of threads I've started and no one has posted on them (the thread of shame) and to individual posts within threads. It just takes time to get 'known'.

"No idea about clubs. The forums are cliquey, but I don't subscribe to the view that there's "a clique". Posters come and go, and there are people monopolising countless threads with plans and flirting that I'd never even seen 3 months ago. In another 3 months it will be entirely different people.

I've been posting on these forums for over 2 years and I still get points ignored in favour of whoever is flavour of the month. Don't take it personally, just barge your way in if you want to and keep on posting what you want "

This.

Only been doing it for 7 years x

"Maybe I'm wrong but something I've noticed both on these forums and clubs is that they are cliquey.

"

Do you not find that there are Cliques every where you go?

Pubs, works all have cliques, thats life

By *0tt0nSu3Woman  over a year ago

London

I do think that there is a clique. Generally cliques occur when people know each other over time.

Personally, I don't care. I really don't.

I will talk to anyone. Anything.

Man, woman, child, dog, puss or rat.

If they refuse to talk to me... Well...

I. Don't. Care.

I always wander off to have a blether with someone else. No skin off my nose.

People are generally like answerphones. They get back to you. Eventually.

By *ancs MinxWoman  over a year ago

Burnley

"I post on the forums regardless of if I'm ignored or not.

They make me chuckle x"

Brighton - even Hove!

Ads

It's laughable when on a post like that, the straight man under me manages to miss me out and name a woman further up the thread. Can't be seen interacting with the bi guys

Who said that?"

exactly

Not everyone on a thread needs a reply - otherwise we'd never get anywhere. I've lost count over the years of the amount of threads I've started and no one has posted on them (the thread of shame) and to individual posts within threads. It just takes time to get 'known'. "

That's my point.

I just join in another conversation instead. One where I am involved.

There are cliques in all walks of life. You say you and your friends go to a club, some people will refer to you being in a clique regardless of your attitude/approach. I go to clubs and know quite a few people, but if I go to a new club I tend to go with friends. When we go people see us as a clique, but my group of friends within the club scene has grown loads, mainly due to how sociable we are and welcoming of anyone. But many people are intimidated by groups of friends, some don't know how to take us or don't think it's right, but one thing is for sure we will talk to anyone (most of the time).

A clique is just a group of people that spend time talking and getting to know one another, it's much easier to get to noticed by people in person than it is over an Internet forum, for obvious reasons.

With these forums you need patience and persistence, or a couldn't care less attitude. Just use the forums for what you want and don't be afraid to post differing views.

Don't really care or read to much into the cliques - I take the forums with a pinch of salt. They are fun - especially when someone drops a spectacular spanner in and it all goes mental

BRISTOL

I think friendship can be misinterpreted. If you've met people socially or as a meet you're obviously gonna get on and chat, doesn't mean there's a hidden agenda

"On every Internet forum I've posted on, I've heard people saying there's a "clique".

Btw - I doubt there's an A35 in Mansfield. I made it up. I made Mansfield up too, truth be told .

A clique is a group of people who interact with each other to the exclusion of others.

There are definitely little cliques on here in the truest sense of the word - but as you say that's bound to happen - it's human nature.

What I don't like is when little groups turn on an outsider that might say something at odds with one of their mates. Then en masse pile in to demean or belittle said outsider and keep backing each other up with praise and validation and ultimately a public display of joyous triumphalism as the outsider is finally mortally slain by the pack.

That does happen on occasion and it's a sad sight when it does!"

Yes I can think of two or three discrete groups who do that.

"I think friendship can be misinterpreted. If you've met people socially or as a meet you're obviously gonna get on and chat, doesn't mean there's a hidden agenda "

I get that - but there's chatting, and then there's taking over entire threads by messaging between two or three posters which, in my view, should be taken to PM because it's not relevant to anyone else on that thread.

Brighton - even Hove!

I don't mind chatting to people I don't know but I'm just wary of me thinking they're thinking I'm some sort of pushy person and I'm not, so I don't.

I wouldn't worry about it.It's cyber after all !!

"I think friendship can be misinterpreted. If you've met people socially or as a meet you're obviously gonna get on and chat, doesn't mean there's a hidden agenda

I get that - but there's chatting, and then there's taking over entire threads by messaging between two or three posters which, in my view, should be taken to PM because it's not relevant to anyone else on that thread. "

Yes i agree with this. I've avoided many a thread where this happens. It's tedious to anyone else trying to respond to the points raised by the op.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

I've been posting on here for 6 years, seen many changes of forumites over the years, people come and go. The forums are pretty much the same though, interesting, boring, witty, pedantic, stroppy, supportive.....all within 5 minutes.

I add my comments because I have something to say, not because I want to be part of a group. If it gets quoted or a its nice, if it doesn't I couldn't care less, but it isn't the reason I post, nor will I stop posting if I get 'ignored'.

Nicky

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I couldn't have put it better than this to be honest

Welcome OP...have fun, join in and be careful out there

By *ancs MinxWoman  over a year ago

Burnley

"I think friendship can be misinterpreted. If you've met people socially or as a meet you're obviously gonna get on and chat, doesn't mean there's a hidden agenda

I get that - but there's chatting, and then there's taking over entire threads by messaging between two or three posters which, in my view, should be taken to PM because it's not relevant to anyone else on that thread.

Yes i agree with this. I've avoided many a thread where this happens. It's tedious to anyone else trying to respond to the points raised by the op."

Just this

took me months to be noticed but i loved the banter - been here over 6 years and when old account deleted only a very few even noticed - does it bother me - nope - its still fun - stay away from the threads that piss you off unless you enjoy an argument

"I get that - but there's chatting, and then there's taking over entire threads by messaging between two or three posters which, in my view, should be taken to PM because it's not relevant to anyone else on that thread. "

Yes. Sometimes I'm tempted to suggest PMing but then I can't be arsed with the inevitable backlash.

I post anyway lol. Chatting away to myself as I would do at home!

I'm happy to be the girly in the corner who pipes up now and then.

I love to talk to folk so the forum is a pretty cool way to do that without actually stepping into the cold.

Eve. Xx

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

"I've posted and being ignored more times than I can count, I've also been called out as being part of a clique but that's only because I made the effort to go to a social and get to know people.

Just keep posting, and saying hi to people!

"

Agreed !! I am part of my own clique - me myself and I

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

I've been posting on and off for a few years.

Most of my posts, go unnoticed or get ignored. *Shrugs* Doesn't stop me joining in, when I feel like it. I'm used to talking to myself, I do it regularly.

Brighton - even Hove!

Whatever comes out from this thread it's nice to see people post who I've not seen post before (or much). More the merrier. Carry on posting....

Agree with all that's been said.

I sometimes get ignored and sometimes don't same as everyone.

The more you post the more you'll be noticed.

Sometimes on a long thread it's a case of replying to the post you relate more to.

I wish there was a 'like' button for individual posts!

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Never mention the c word.....you will meet ruggers naughty step!"

You won't

BRISTOL

"Never mention the c word.....you will meet ruggers naughty step!

You won't"

Thought this topic was banned?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"For the men: just remember you're not aloud an opinion that differs from the ladies. "

You are...it will just probably be ignored

Forum Mod

O o O oo

You won't

Thought this topic was banned?"

No

"For the men: just remember you're not aloud an opinion that differs from the ladies.

You are...it will just probably be ignored "

Or shot down in flames by a White Knight desperate to get into the ladies knickers

Anyway, there you go OP - already around 100 replies to your thread so 'welcome to the clique'

Fancy a fuck??

"For the men: just remember you're not aloud an opinion that differs from the ladies.

You are...it will just probably be ignored

Or shot down in flames by a White Knight desperate to get into the ladies knickers"

You called

You'll get this in all areas of life where some people get on with some more than others. People's personalities will also clash. Thing is to remain consistent. If you enjoy forum discussions and want to post then post. We all have the same right to be here and to be respected. Anyone that doesn't respect that I feel shows more about their character to yourself and other forum users

Kinky

You won't

Thought this topic was banned?"

haha the b word is

By *andsonjohnMan  over a year ago

in the eye of the storm

"

Op you have only scratch the surface with this post cliques exist on here and they even effect who can or can not meet who . Hence my preference to stay well clear of certain little groups and there mixed up ideas on who can be friends with who and who can play with who .

West Wales and Cardiff

I've said it before, but the biggest clique on Fab is "I hate the cliqueness of Fab" clique .

I'm not being entirely serious, but there's a sort of point about perceptions in there somewhere.

I spent months thinking I was a Fab outsider and was shocked when someone accused a key member of "the clique"!

I do think people often get a bit too fixated on being ignored. I probably read every post in a thread and respond to one in twenty. If I had more time I'd respond to more. That's not "ignoring" them.

I'm not saying there isn't little groups of people on here and some aren't nice. It's the same in the real world though - human nature in all its lovely and horrible glory.

BRISTOL

You won't

Thought this topic was banned?

haha the b word is "

I can't win can I, maybe I should just be aggressive and attack everyone instead

the forum is/was the only thing keeping me on this site,but lately iv been thinking of doing one"

Are we not worthy?

I've been on and off the forums for years. Most of what I write probably gets read, but doesn't get a reply. That's because I only add to the topic, the same as others. My words don't warrant a reply, usually, and I don't expect one.

the forum is/was the only thing keeping me on this site,but lately iv been thinking of doing one

Are we not worthy? "

Why of course you are

Are we not worthy?

Why of course you are"

Well, that's made me feel so much better

Are we not worthy?

Why of course you are"

yeah don't bugger off, you're the only one who knows where his towel is consistently xxx its the only reason, im not unlos yet

You know it's going to be much more 'cliquey' after the Manchester meets, too...

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

Just join in, I get ignored too. Who cares

There are always cliques on life. There is nothing you can do and yes I agree with you. Clubs are cliquey and unless you are very pushy you can easily get ignored. I also have found this at parties where upwards of 20 are invited. It is off-putting. Not too bothered about the forums...I tend to chat on the main ones however as the Scotland one can be cliquey at times which is a shame.

Are we not worthy?

Why of course you areyeah don't bugger off, you're the only one who knows where his towel is consistently xxx its the only reason, im not unlos yet "

Oooooh sarky!!

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"I know this is me being a spelling Nazi, but "advice".

LS (fully paid-up member of the spelling/ grammar/punctuation clique)"

You're not allowed to correct spelling - you get a ban for it now!

"When i first came in the forums i got attacked from both sides,maybe i was to honest and told a few people what i thought,im a bit more chilled out now and stay away from the controversial threads"

Oh you and me both !

Are we not worthy?

Why of course you areyeah don't bugger off, you're the only one who knows where his towel is consistently xxx its the only reason, im not unlos yet

Oooooh sarky!!"

i wasnt being sarky i was refering to the hitch hikers guide and getting lost..do you feel i am mean or something???

I'm also only really here for the forum now as I have a strong interest in sex as a subject .

"You know it's going to be much more 'cliquey' after the Manchester meets, too..."

Of course. People meet, enjoy each other's company and want to carry on conversing. As long as there's not the continuation of thread hijacking I really don't see too many fussed about that.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

You're not allowed to correct spelling - you get a ban for it now! "

People have always been banned for it if they keep doing it

By *adyDangerWoman  over a year ago

land of debauchery and kink

"You know it's going to be much more 'cliquey' after the Manchester meets, too..."

Really I might go UNLOS now then.

"You know it's going to be much more 'cliquey' after the Manchester meets, too...

Really I might go UNLOS now then. "

nah xx

Well I've been a regular forum inhabitant since day-dot and in all that time, I can honestly say all the guff I repeatedly hear about the existence of a clique elite just rolls off the back of this maverick poster....

Forum participation is a transient frivolity that serves no purpose other than providing those who read them or contribute too them with platform of distraction from the daily grind

If anyone is posting to gain popularity or mass acceptance within what they consider the in-crowd they're missing the point completely .....

Yes you can learn a lot from listening to the opinions of others ... you can even learn a lot from challenging your own thoughts in here ,,,,,,,

Everyone who posts should enjoy the process of engaging in lightered banter and thought-exchange with whoever chooses to respond to their continuations...

But do that in-between the moments when we just simply enjoy watching the entertainment of others doing the same.....

In your face Sox.....

I get that - but there's chatting, and then there's taking over entire threads by messaging between two or three posters which, in my view, should be taken to PM because it's not relevant to anyone else on that thread. "

Totally agree with you

West Wales and Cardiff

People have always been banned for it if they keep doing it "

Even correcting your own spelling? Just wondering, like

"Well I've been a regular forum inhabitant since day-dot and in all that time, I can honestly say all the guff I repeatedly hear about the existence of a clique elite just rolls off the back of this maverick poster....

Forum participation is a transient frivolity that serves no purpose other than providing those who read them or contribute too them with platform of distraction from the daily grind

If anyone is posting to gain popularity or mass acceptance within what they consider the in-crowd they're missing the point completely .....

Yes you can learn a lot from listening to the opinions of others ... you can even learn a lot from challenging your own thoughts in here ,,,,,,,

Everyone who posts should enjoy the process of engaging in lightered banter and thought-exchange with whoever chooses to respond to their continuations...

But do that in-between the moments when we just simply enjoy watching the entertainment of others doing the same.....

In your face Sox.....

"

Very well said

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

I'm not so sure, admittedly those going by and large use the forums from everyday to occasional but there's only so much forty(ish) people over two weekends can take over really..I'd also say if people don't want threads to be taken over (bugs me too & I'm guilty of doing it sometimes ) then get posting more..

To me its a bit like stirring custard, don't stir enough & you get clumps. Everyone gets ignored at some point on here, you can either take it that peeps are nodding their head at your comment or that they don't give a toss, usually apart from the odd or quote most of the interesting threads are where someone doesn't agree unless of course they get personal then I just walk away, no point getting out your pram about something/someone you in all likelihood will never meet or want to..

S

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

Yeah, just ignore the cunts and push your way to the front of the bar.

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple  over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

I just post shit, well not literally shit erghhhhh. That would be so wrong. Now sits back and sniggers. Waiting for the who said that comment xxxxx Suzi

Myself and Adam are really new to this world so when we were invited to a party, I was so nervous!

We walked in and everyone seemed to know each other. They were all chatting and I tried to sink into a walk ha ha.

Then some lovely Fabbers came to our rescue. They were so lovely and chatted to us as if we had been friends for years. They them continued to introduce us to others and we ended up having a blast.

Those amazing people will forever be in my good books and they reminded me that no matter what, there are always some fantastic souls around.

Keep posting. I intend to!

Eve. Xx

if you chat with friends in another thread its called hijacking, if you start a thread to chat to them, its called being a clique..

"

I think most have that feeling at some point. My comments mostly get ignored, but see it as a way to get involved in the discussion. I just see it as a way to get my two pennies worth in, regardless of whether my point us picked up or not. Try not to take it to heart. There are some on here who are friends, and will naturally gravitate towards each others comments... If all else fails, and you are still feeling ignored, write something very controversial.... You won't get ignored then! . Just keep plugging OP. I was writing on these forums 4 years ago, and most are new faces compared to then. People come and go on here .

...Up on the Downs

"

Exactly. It's not a clique, it's just the familiarity of the rolling collection of people currently posting the most, or trying the hardest to get in someone's knickers (or get someone in their knickers!!) - if you don't like them now, come back in a few months it will be a whole different batch!

...Up on the Downs

Even correcting your own spelling? Just wondering, like "

Oh that's not being a grammar Nazi then, just anal!

the good thing about these threads is that they reach 175 quite quickly

"if you chat with friends in another thread its called hijacking, if you start a thread to chat to them, its called being a clique..

"

If the OP has nothing to do with what the conversation becomes about between those friends and it becomes a flirting session which prevents or stops the original discussion then yes, it is. It's great you can put your penultimate point so succinctly.

"if you chat with friends in another thread its called hijacking, if you start a thread to chat to them, its called being a clique..

If the OP has nothing to do with what the conversation becomes about between those friends and it becomes a flirting session which prevents or stops the original discussion then yes, it is. It's great you can put your penultimate point so succinctly. "

you cant please all the people all the time..

By *piritsonfabCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

Best advice - keep with it, keep posting and don't worry about it. The more you post the more you'll be noticed.

That's exactly it - you post something it's ignored, then someone else posts the same and everybody responds

Maybe there should be a separate heading for "newbies" to introduce themselves etc and to be welcomed. "

Yep. I completely agree.

And there is, the introduction part. My post was ignored there too. The only way to get attention is to post something "ist". And I can do without that really.

"you cant please all the people all the time.. "

Thanks! I'd forgotten you couldn't.

Yeah, I've noticed how they all leap on new people when something is said they don't agree with as well. Like a pack of hyenas. I still quite like the forums though.

By *eliz NelsonMan  over a year ago

The Tantric Tea Shop

Hi!

"you cant please all the people all the time..

Thanks! I'd forgotten you couldn't. "

..yes well, easy done..have a wonderful day xx

We post on things we are interested in and don't take it to heart if no one comments on our opinion, to be fair I read the first few messages then skipped down to the bottom to write this.. no ignoring anyone, just haven't got the time to read the whole thread.

By *eliz NelsonMan  over a year ago

The Tantric Tea Shop

"Hi! "

See OP!

See what I did there!

Completely ignored

Tut tut the sacrifices I make to reassure people!

"You know it's going to be much more 'cliquey' after the Manchester meets, too...

I'm not so sure, admittedly those going by and large use the forums from everyday to occasional but there's only so much forty(ish) people over two weekends can take over really..I'd also say if people don't want threads to be taken over (bugs me too & I'm guilty of doing it sometimes ) then get posting more..

To me its a bit like stirring custard, don't stir enough & you get clumps. Everyone gets ignored at some point on here, you can either take it that peeps are nodding their head at your comment or that they don't give a toss, usually apart from the odd or quote most of the interesting threads are where someone doesn't agree unless of course they get personal then I just walk away, no point getting out your pram about something/someone you in all likelihood will never meet or want to..

S"

I actually meant that as people will moan about it being more cliquey after the Manchester meets.

S

I actually meant that as people will moan about it being more cliquey after the Manchester meets. "

maybe no one will care, is that worse?

OP...... see what you done?...... now you've got a lot of responding too do if you don't want people feeling ignored .....

If it looks like a thread is going to be commented on loads and it's quite juicy I'll try and limit my comments so everyone can have their say (threads have limits to how many posts)

Things that get me quoting a response to are arguments, if I fancy someone or if it's something particularly funny or that I strongly agree with.

I get ignored as well, think everyone does at some point.

S

I actually meant that as people will moan about it being more cliquey after the Manchester meets. maybe no one will care, is that worse? "

I reckon there will be another 'clique' thread within a week

I just think, you go to a social, make friends so of course you're going to want to chat to them on the forums. It's natural, right!? I think you've said this before.

"If it looks like a thread is going to be commented on loads and it's quite juicy I'll try and limit my comments so everyone can have their say (threads have limits to how many posts)

Things that get me quoting a response to are arguments, if I fancy someone or if it's something particularly funny or that I strongly agree with.

I get ignored as well, think everyone does at some point. "

Did you say something

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

Just start a thread on cake. You´ll get more responses than you can shake a stick at.

West Wales and Cardiff

Even correcting your own spelling? Just wondering, like

Oh that's not being a grammar Nazi then, just anal! "

I know, I know. I don't think I've ever corrected someone else's mistakes (I've maybe made supportive comments about checking spelling generally when advice has been asked).

I just correct my own errors. It would have bugged me all day otherwise.

Yep, I need to get a life.

S

I actually meant that as people will moan about it being more cliquey after the Manchester meets. maybe no one will care, is that worse?

I just think, you go to a social, make friends so of course you're going to want to chat to them on the forums. It's natural, right!? I think you've said this before."

Maybe so but they shouldn't take over what the thread is about which happens alot,if they have something to add regarding the topic great But not to go off in a tangent and take over,isn't that what the pm button is for

"If you post something and waiting to get replies, you might get frustrated sometimes.

Just post what you want and don't put any expectations.

Or you can always troll..that will get response quite easily.

"

I don't expect people to reply all the time. It when they blatantly ignore a question you ask, I just think have you got a broom stuck up your arse ??

S

I actually meant that as people will moan about it being more cliquey after the Manchester meets. maybe no one will care, is that worse?

I just think, you go to a social, make friends so of course you're going to want to chat to them on the forums. It's natural, right!? I think you've said this before."

right..thing is people moan until they actually feel they belong and then they are quite happy with whatever because they aren't an 'onlooker'..so they perceive it differently. not everyone is going to get on on here, some people at flitting in and out, some people are busy..its easy to miss someone out..sometimes its intentional but other times quite innocently..the only time i speak to absolutely everyone is when i host a thread. hosting a thread s different to posting a thread..imo..i dont ignore anyone when im hosting..every single person gets a response, but that takes a lot of time..worth it, yes for me and for the thread, but, i don't have that kind of time often..and some dont really care, they are here to have their kind of fun..thats just the way it is x

Btw - I doubt there's an A35 in Mansfield. I made it up. I made Mansfield up too, truth be told ."

Mansfield does exist and it'll be the A38 lol

By *iver2015Woman  over a year ago

middlesbrough

I always get ignored. I bet nobody will even reply to this post...

S

I just think, you go to a social, make friends so of course you're going to want to chat to them on the forums. It's natural, right!? I think you've said this before.

Maybe so but they shouldn't take over what the thread is about which happens alot,if they have something to add regarding the topic great But not to go off in a tangent and take over,isn't that what the pm button is for "

sometimes hijacking can diffuse nasty situations, take the heat out of a conversation..the posters may not like it, but it saves people a spell on the naughty step. if its not open to everyone the op should write in their first post, what they do and dont want to hear....then all the people on the same page can write and others leave them alone..simples.

By *he girl with dreadlocksWoman  over a year ago

need to know basis in Wolverhampton

S

I just think, you go to a social, make friends so of course you're going to want to chat to them on the forums. It's natural, right!? I think you've said this before. right..thing is people moan until they actually feel they belong and then they are quite happy with whatever because they aren't an 'onlooker'..so they perceive it differently. not everyone is going to get on on here, some people at flitting in and out, some people are busy..its easy to miss someone out..sometimes its intentional but other times quite innocently..the only time i speak to absolutely everyone is when i host a thread. hosting a thread s different to posting a thread..imo..i dont ignore anyone when im hosting..every single person gets a response, but that takes a lot of time..worth it, yes for me and for the thread, but, i don't have that kind of time often..and some dont really care, they are here to have their kind of fun..thats just the way it is x"

I hosted my first thread the other day which I was nervous about actually but it went ok as it goes but I didn't respond to everyone as I didn't have the time but I like your point next time I will make time I think.

West Wales

S

Agreed, One thing I will say from our own experience is if you are going to get involved be "You" we got nowhere out in the general find/message/delete world of Fab..So I came here & started posting, Based around what you say & how you say it some will dislike you, some will like you & your posts may even make someone contact you & lead to a playmeet..

S

S

I just think, you go to a social, make friends so of course you're going to want to chat to them on the forums. It's natural, right!? I think you've said this before. right..thing is people moan until they actually feel they belong and then they are quite happy with whatever because they aren't an 'onlooker'..so they perceive it differently. not everyone is going to get on on here, some people at flitting in and out, some people are busy..its easy to miss someone out..sometimes its intentional but other times quite innocently..the only time i speak to absolutely everyone is when i host a thread. hosting a thread s different to posting a thread..imo..i dont ignore anyone when im hosting..every single person gets a response, but that takes a lot of time..worth it, yes for me and for the thread, but, i don't have that kind of time often..and some dont really care, they are here to have their kind of fun..thats just the way it is x

I hosted my first thread the other day which I was nervous about actually but it went ok as it goes but I didn't respond to everyone as I didn't have the time but I like your point next time I will make time I think.

"

my favourite time on here is when i host...practice your scroll type speed, sometimes you need it

"Hi!

See OP!

See what I did there!

Completely ignored

Tut tut the sacrifices I make to reassure people! "

Hi .... I'm not ignoring you babe

I think it might be less so. I already know who's planning on fucking who, who's counting down, who's going to soak the bed, blah blah blah and the incessant counting down type posts might end.

West Wales

"I always get ignored. I bet nobody will even reply to this post...

"

Hellooooo

S

I think it might be less so. I already know who's planning on fucking who, who's counting down, who's going to soak the bed, blah blah blah and the incessant counting down type posts might end."

You need to fill me in with this gossip!

S

Maybe so but they shouldn't take over what the thread is about which happens alot,if they have something to add regarding the topic great But not to go off in a tangent and take over,isn't that what the pm button is for sometimes hijacking can diffuse nasty situations, take the heat out of a conversation..the posters may not like it, but it saves people a spell on the naughty step. if its not open to everyone the op should write in their first post, what they do and dont want to hear....then all the people on the same page can write and others leave them alone..simples."

I've seen people say that before and they still get everyone doing the opposite those people are really annoying, sick of hearing because we can speech as that works both ways, you can also cannot ruin someone post.

"I always get ignored. I bet nobody will even reply to this post...

Hellooooo

S"

hi river hi hmmmmmaybe..hope you are having a good tuesday x

"

I just think have you got a broom stuck up your arse ??"

Sometimes needs must..

Clicker

S

I just think, you go to a social, make friends so of course you're going to want to chat to them on the forums. It's natural, right!? I think you've said this before. right..thing is people moan until they actually feel they belong and then they are quite happy with whatever because they aren't an 'onlooker'..so they perceive it differently. not everyone is going to get on on here, some people at flitting in and out, some people are busy..its easy to miss someone out..sometimes its intentional but other times quite innocently..the only time i speak to absolutely everyone is when i host a thread. hosting a thread s different to posting a thread..imo..i dont ignore anyone when im hosting..every single person gets a response, but that takes a lot of time..worth it, yes for me and for the thread, but, i don't have that kind of time often..and some dont really care, they are here to have their kind of fun..thats just the way it is x

my favourite time on here is when i host...practice your scroll type speed, sometimes you need it "

That's so true I'm always going over what I wrote checking my spelling lol

Clikey

S

Maybe so but they shouldn't take over what the thread is about which happens alot,if they have something to add regarding the topic great But not to go off in a tangent and take over,isn't that what the pm button is for sometimes hijacking can diffuse nasty situations, take the heat out of a conversation..the posters may not like it, but it saves people a spell on the naughty step. if its not open to everyone the op should write in their first post, what they do and dont want to hear....then all the people on the same page can write and others leave them alone..simples."

If it's to diffuse a potential situation then ok maybe,however that ain't always the case is it and the fact someone wanted to mention the "Manchester social " and others will be moaning about the clique actually probably just highlights the fact there is one,but it's all about opinion and hear say and to be honest who really cares just do what you wanna do,it will offend some not others you can't please them all

Click

Clock

West Wales and Cardiff

Mansfield does exist and it'll be the A38 lol"

Thank you. I do know it's a real place - I used to live in the East Midlands. I was just going for cheap laughs. I should have known the A38 went through it though - used to drive that damn dual carriageway for years

S

Maybe so but they shouldn't take over what the thread is about which happens alot,if they have something to add regarding the topic great But not to go off in a tangent and take over,isn't that what the pm button is for sometimes hijacking can diffuse nasty situations, take the heat out of a conversation..the posters may not like it, but it saves people a spell on the naughty step. if its not open to everyone the op should write in their first post, what they do and dont want to hear....then all the people on the same page can write and others leave them alone..simples.

I've seen people say that before and they still get everyone doing the opposite those people are really annoying, sick of hearing because we can speech as that works both ways, you can also cannot ruin someone post. "

i dont get aggro on my hosted threads those that dont like me, or, the thread stay away..new people feel included and everyone has fun..light hearted, inclusive and nice..other people can attract what they want... and you can ignore it if it shows up anyway, no one has to join in with anything x

We all talk shite but at least I know I talk site,,,, so that makes my shite better than your shite.....

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman  over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

Exactly,but then it wouldn't give people a reason to have a good old moan would it . Some people have been on here year's or have met each other,they're clearly going to take more notice of each other rather than me. You have a choice either join in and be prepared for others to ignore you or quit the moaning and stay away from the forums.