FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Mother of the bride.

Mother of the bride.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So here's an interesting though. When i got married my mum wore black, my mother in law to be wore gold. My fiends daugther got married yesterday and her mum also wore black.

I saw it as a bit of an insult tbh. A i don't like your new husband and I don't think this marriage will last. Or is it a mother greaving the loss of her daughter?

So did any of you mum's wear black on your daughter's wedding day and if so why did you choose that colour?

PTU xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Obvious one would be it wouldn't out do the wedding dress. I presume that wouldn't be black.

"Obvious one would be it wouldn't out do the wedding dress. I presume that wouldn't be black."

Mmm yes I suppose but it's a somber colour.....xxx

I would have loved to get married in a black wedding dress...or a red one

my mum wore lavender btw, but it didn't stop her saying 'I told you so' when the marriage finally died a death

By *ilfy85Woman  over a year ago

Beckwithshaw

Black is the choice of chic and elegant women everywhere. I'm sure you don't mind your mum being called that x

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I would of thought mothers wore black as its smart and classy.

My mum wore a navy and white dress really pretty and a bolero and my dad ( they where divorced) whispered whats your mother got on her head, it looked like a flying saucer.

I dont have a daughter but i will definetly put the effort into it if my son gets married, but it wont be black

"Obvious one would be it wouldn't out do the wedding dress. I presume that wouldn't be black.

Mmm yes I suppose but it's a somber colour.....xxx"

yeah it is, and you're right it is funeral colours.

i think my own mum used to wear pink or purple red to weddings.

"I would have loved to get married in a black wedding dress...or a red one

my mum wore lavender btw, but it didn't stop her saying 'I told you so' when the marriage finally died a death "

Hahaha ain't mothers great!

My first wedding dress was a very pale pink. It was beautiful. My second wasn't anywhere near as nice. Xxx

"Black is the choice of chic and elegant women everywhere. I'm sure you don't mind your mum being called that x "

Oh yes it certainly is but for a wedding???? Xxx

"I would of thought mothers wore black as its smart and classy.

My mum wore a navy and white dress really pretty and a bolero and my dad ( they where divorced) whispered whats your mother got on her head, it looked like a flying saucer.

I dont have a daughter but i will definetly put the effort into it if my son gets married, but it wont be black"

Navy is a nice choice. Don't most wedding hats look like flying saucers? xxx

Beckwithshaw

"Black is the choice of chic and elegant women everywhere. I'm sure you don't mind your mum being called that x

Oh yes it certainly is but for a wedding???? Xxx"

it doesn't have to be a drab outfit many black dresses can be vibrant and fluffy black doesn't have to be drab

Beckwithshaw

A black tie do and it sets the whole wedding party off

"Black is the choice of chic and elegant women everywhere. I'm sure you don't mind your mum being called that x

Oh yes it certainly is but for a wedding???? Xxx it doesn't have to be a drab outfit many black dresses can be vibrant and fluffy black doesn't have to be drab "

Don't get me wrong I love black n it's just about the only colour I wear. Even my hair is dyed black. It just seams to me that it's a consuse decision to wear black to your daughter's wedding. Xxx

"A black tie do and it sets the whole wedding party off "

Yes! Don't get me started on ties! Our bestman didn't wear a tie his excuse was "it's a regestry office I didn't think it mattered". That too I saw as an insult. My marriage was doomed from the start. xxx

Beckwithshaw

"A black tie do and it sets the whole wedding party off

Yes! Don't get me started on ties! Our bestman didn't wear a tie his excuse was "it's a regestry office I didn't think it mattered". That too I saw as an insult. My marriage was doomed from the start. xxx"

now that's unforgivable a tie is never optional as a best man.

My wedding dress was peach, sounds horrendious but i had it made, it was nice for a maternity dress

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

The last wedding we went to, I wore a black wiggle dress and jacket. I jazzed it up with some sparkly jewellery and accessories.

I'm not one for wearing light colours.

By *orkie321bWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

If I were to ever get married (unlikely) I would just be pleased that my mum was there because of her poor health.

When my twin sister got married the first time i went to great lengths to try and make sure we didn't look too alike. I wore glasses while she wore contacts. I dyed my hair and had it cut much shorter than usual.

The second time i didn't see her wedding dress beforehand and the dress i wore was almost identical style only hers was ivory and mine patterned lol

"So here's an interesting though. When i got married my mum wore black, my mother in law to be wore gold. My fiends daugther got married yesterday and her mum also wore black.

I saw it as a bit of an insult tbh. A i don't like your new husband and I don't think this marriage will last. Or is it a mother greaving the loss of her daughter?

So did any of you mum's wear black on your daughter's wedding day and if so why did you choose that colour?

PTU xxx"

My mother tried to wear a gold wedding dress, luckily my grandmother saw it first and made her wear another outfit.

My mother in law wore black and white but that was our colour scheme.

Eve. Xx

By *rinking-in-laCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

"So here's an interesting though. When i got married my mum wore black, my mother in law to be wore gold. My fiends daugther got married yesterday and her mum also wore black.

PTU xxx"

Could it be that you are reading too much into something utterly meaningless?

By *rinking-in-laCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

"A black tie do and it sets the whole wedding party off

Yes! Don't get me started on ties! Our bestman didn't wear a tie his excuse was "it's a regestry office I didn't think it mattered". That too I saw as an insult. My marriage was doomed from the start. xxx"

If what clothing people wear to your wedding is what defines how good it is, you are probably right, it was doomed.

Was it traditional?

PTU xxx

Could it be that you are reading too much into something utterly meaningless? "

More than possibly xxx

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

I wore navy and silver for one, teal and cream for the other. My mother wore turquoise and cerise (it was the eighties ) and my mother in law turquoise and white.

I was expecting my mother to wear a black armband.

I don't think I'll ever be the mother of the bride

By *onny MCMan  over a year ago

Crawley

PTU xxx

Could it be that you are reading too much into something utterly meaningless? "

Too right, I got moaned at for turning up to a wedding in a light suit, not proper white, just cream or off-white. The wedding was in Cyprus and it was baking so I wanted something cool.

PTU xxx

Too right, I got moaned at for turning up to a wedding in a light suit, not proper white, just cream or off-white. The wedding was in Cyprus and it was baking so I wanted something cool."

Think id of moaned at you for that too. My first wedding was in Kenya my then husband wore olive green. Xxx

"I don't think I'll ever be the mother of the bride "
well if im ever mother of the bride it will be a shock to the system having just one son

By *onny MCMan  over a year ago

Crawley

PTU xxx

Too right, I got moaned at for turning up to a wedding in a light suit, not proper white, just cream or off-white. The wedding was in Cyprus and it was baking so I wanted something cool.

Think id of moaned at you for that too. My first wedding was in Kenya my then husband wore olive green. Xxx"

That sounds cool. I had a dark green suit that went to charity shop cos I couldn't fit in it anymore. Wish I could have kept that.

When I got married (before current Mr )

All guests were asked to wear black and white or both . Bridesmaids dresses were black . I loved it

My mum wore her recycled brown two piece for my wedding, she talked her way through the speeches and now 17 years later I know why, she absolutely hated my ex husband!!

My sister wore grey too, not a proper colour insight.

Having said that, we did have just two weeks to plan the wedding lol

G x

PTU xxx

Think id of moaned at you for that too. My first wedding was in Kenya my then husband wore olive green. Xxx

That sounds cool. I had a dark green suit that went to charity shop cos I couldn't fit in it anymore. Wish I could have kept that. "

Oh there's so many clothes that I regret sending to the charity shops. xxx

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

My mum wore blue and I wore black on my wedding day....

Go figure

» Add a new message to this topic