FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Social circle

Social circle

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Having split up from my wife in the past few months I've found that my circle of friends decreased significantly as 75% of our social circle were via connections with my wife.

I would be interested to find out from those in relationships how their social circle is orientated and If I am alone in having had a circle of friends orientated more to one person than the other.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *awandOrderCouple  over a year ago

SW London

I think we are new enough in our relationship to address this. We both have our own friends, mine mostly from work as I have only been in the area five or six years and Mr has his from his teenage as he has always lived in this area. We go out with one set or the other, but not both. His oldest friends do seem to find it tricky that he isn't at their beck and call now he isn't single any more ...

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

My friends stayed with me

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My husband and I have totally separate groups of friends. I much prefer it that way, I don't like the whole "must be friends with your partner's friends and your friends' partners" thing.

Similar thing happened to me with my ex actually - I stopped seeing my friends over the course of the relationship and hung out with hers and respective partners.

Good thing I'm a bit of a lone wolf anyway.

I'm pretty introverted and outside of work around 80% (maybe more) of my 'friends' are actually my wife's.

» Add a new message to this topic