FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > scammers

scammers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *elnkaz OP   Couple  over a year ago

cheshire

Soooooo fed up of them phoning me.. I got new number in may this year. Ex directory. And no one has my number as I use mobile all time. I am getting 10 + calls a day.. I dont answer half of them. But when I do I play them at their own game just like del has now.. how do other forumites deal with them?'

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *horltzMan  over a year ago

heysham

I unplugged my landline years ago

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Soooooo fed up of them phoning me.. I got new number in may this year. Ex directory. And no one has my number as I use mobile all time. I am getting 10 + calls a day.. I dont answer half of them. But when I do I play them at their own game just like del has now.. how do other forumites deal with them?'"

First rent a premium rate number from BT theres no line rental charge and it costs £25

Second set up your phone to divert all calls that are not from the numbers on your phone (i.e. friends and family) to the premium rate number

Third have a 5 minute answer phone message on your premium rate line

Fourth - Profit

If the unwanted caller waits for the beep, you just earned £5

By *horltzMan  over a year ago

heysham

"Soooooo fed up of them phoning me.. I got new number in may this year. Ex directory. And no one has my number as I use mobile all time. I am getting 10 + calls a day.. I dont answer half of them. But when I do I play them at their own game just like del has now.. how do other forumites deal with them?'

First rent a premium rate number from BT theres no line rental charge and it costs £25

Second set up your phone to divert all calls that are not from the numbers on your phone (i.e. friends and family) to the premium rate number

Fourth - Profit

If the unwanted caller waits for the beep, you just earned £5 "

good call

Ask them if you can put them on hold a second. Then put them on mute and keep them waiting, and waiting, and waiting ...

Every now and then pick up and say 'Oh really sorry - can you hold just a minute longer' .. And repeat ..

By *corpio67Man  over a year ago

hillingdon

Either leave the answer phone on

Or I just put the phone down in front of the TV !!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Register your number with the tps

By *nequeenslutWoman  over a year ago

rugeley

a refs whistle tell them to hold on then give them a blast

I keep getting one from someone pretending to be from my phone and internet provider, asking me to go to my computer, so they can sort out a problem with my security, it all sounds too dodgy for my liking

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I just put the phone down, I don't have enough time in my life to waste talking to people who are trying to defraud me.

cheshire

"I keep getting one from someone pretending to be from my phone and internet provider, asking me to go to my computer, so they can sort out a problem with my security, it all sounds too dodgy for my liking"
yes thats them.. or microsoft or mobile phone provider .

cheshire

"I just put the phone down, I don't have enough time in my life to waste talking to people who are trying to defraud me."
so bloody annoying.

Tps filters out some but not all some companies blatantly ignore it had one guy tell me that you need to renew tps every year which is utter rubbish for domestic numbers in England or if they are calling from outside of the uk I believe that tps doesn't apply. Had one this morning calling me about my windows computer sometimes I play along saying yes my windows do need sorting out as they are dirty and need cleaning which confuses and frustrates them other times I tell them as I'm a micro soft engineer don't you think I'd know there's a problem with my computer or that they've rung the police station that's a good one they certainly ring off quickly or if I'm in a bad mood I offer them sex and travel .....

By *ildt123Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield

Tell them the call is recorded for training purposes and for security reasons you need their full name, home address, mothers maiden name and the name of their bank and you can't talk to them until they give that info. Repeat until they hang up.

Also

Look up Tom Mabe cold call it's funniest thing ever to spam callers

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

TPS registered for land and mobile.

I report UK companies to the Information Commissioners Office, who prosecute them.

I don't speak to the callers unless to inform them to remove number.

Usually staying silent at the start of a call means their equipment disconnects.

I now get very few calls, after making detailed complaints to the ICO department.

Never give permission to companies to use your details for marketing purposes.

By *ficouldMan  over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

"Soooooo fed up of them phoning me.. I got new number in may this year. Ex directory. And no one has my number as I use mobile all time. I am getting 10 + calls a day.. I dont answer half of them. But when I do I play them at their own game just like del has now.. how do other forumites deal with them?'

Fourth - Profit

If the unwanted caller waits for the beep, you just earned £5 good call "

It's a great thought however :- I believe if you divert any calls from your line it is you who will pay! So it will not just cost you time, but also money too..

I found that by wasting their time, they removed me from the lists.

By *oachman 9CoolMan  over a year ago

derby

Fourth - Profit

If the unwanted caller waits for the beep, you just earned £5 good call

It's a great thought however :- I believe if you divert any calls from your line it is you who will pay! So it will not just cost you time, but also money too..

I found that by wasting their time, they removed me from the lists.

"

yes they certainly wasted a lot of my time before I caught on properly now their catching up with the same amount of wasted time I had from them and I enjoy every minute of it..

By *uzy444Woman  over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

there is an anti data register you can file your name on..

file your name then start charging all callers who are trying to sell you something 460 pounds each with just a generic letter..because they ignored that you were on the register..i know plenty of people who do this and they just cough up..great earner for your time x

I just hang up on them.

"I unplugged my landline years ago "

Me too, no problem now

derby

"there is an anti data register you can file your name on..

file your name then start charging all callers who are trying to sell you something 460 pounds each with just a generic letter..because they ignored that you were on the register..i know plenty of people who do this and they just cough up..great earner for your time x"

sounds to good to be true, and do you after answer the phone to them before the service works or can you just ignore their calls and still get paid.

By *uthTVDerbysTV/TS  over a year ago

Derby

A man came knocked on our door and asked to see my cock! I quickly checked on Google and found it it was a scam. It seems a man is going round asking to see your cock. Be warned. This IS a scam. And involves a man going round asking to see your cock. Don't fall for it. It's a scam. Luckily I found out in time and told him to go away because he was clearly not able to provide a genuine reason to see my cock. But can you imagine what would've happened had I not checked, readers! Always ask for ID and a documentation first!

By *uzy444Woman  over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

file your name then start charging all callers who are trying to sell you something 460 pounds each with just a generic letter..because they ignored that you were on the register..i know plenty of people who do this and they just cough up..great earner for your time xsounds to good to be true, and do you after answer the phone to them before the service works or can you just ignore their calls and still get paid."

no when they babble about where they are from stop them and ask again, write it down, ask where they are calling from get the address..plenty of info on this, on the internet..x

"Ask them if you can put them on hold a second. Then put them on mute and keep them waiting, and waiting, and waiting ...

Every now and then pick up and say 'Oh really sorry - can you hold just a minute longer' .. And repeat .. "

cheshire

"A man came knocked on our door and asked to see my cock! I quickly checked on Google and found it it was a scam. It seems a man is going round asking to see your cock. Be warned. This IS a scam. And involves a man going round asking to see your cock. Don't fall for it. It's a scam. Luckily I found out in time and told him to go away because he was clearly not able to provide a genuine reason to see my cock. But can you imagine what would've happened had I not checked, readers! Always ask for ID and a documentation first!"
ha ha. Love it

derby

file your name then start charging all callers who are trying to sell you something 460 pounds each with just a generic letter..because they ignored that you were on the register..i know plenty of people who do this and they just cough up..great earner for your time xsounds to good to be true, and do you after answer the phone to them before the service works or can you just ignore their calls and still get paid.no when they babble about where they are from stop them and ask again, write it down, ask where they are calling from get the address..plenty of info on this, on the internet..x"

I think its good when you can ask them questions I can Imagine some being stand offish when they feel their being scrutinised very friendly to start with and turning very quickly.. thats why I,ve been Ignoreing calls for so long when I know its not family and friends it works for me when It might not work for others I just get a hugh personal satisfaction from knowing every call they make is a waste of time (now) anyway and no slick chick or guy can get a word in because I don,t give them chance... I also hope the anti data register keeps doing its job where it is needed.

» Add a new message to this topic