FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Purpose in life

Purpose in life

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I know this is a bit deep for me.

But do you ever wonder what your purpose is in life.

Why you are here.

Why you have suffered the traumas we all have. Do you think there is a reason where given our crosses to bear or do you think meh thats just life.

Im ina deep thinking mood

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *horltzMan  over a year ago

heysham

Fornicate , procreate then die

heysham

"Fornicate , procreate then die "

Shit ! I've ticked off the first two

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Every bloody day for years....even more so recently it's a hard battle to face and conquer...I thought by now I would of been a mother, a partner to someone and it all just seems a bit lost...

Hope you are ok diamond x

By *ommando4Man  over a year ago

South Co. Dublin

"Fornicate , procreate then die "

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Study the old quantum physics.

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman  over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

My youngest frequently asks these types of question's,I tell her I haven't a clue other than to try and survive it with the least amount of trauma possible.

To make it too the end and leave the world no worse for your existence ....

This takes me back a couple of years to the first episode of Red vs Blue.

" Study the old quantum physics. "

not the new stuff no?

"Fornicate , procreate then die

Shit ! I've ticked off the first two "

I'm stuck at the first one still. will probably get to numb three by skipping number two though right enough

By *uzy444Woman  over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

glad im not the only one in a deep pondering mood today x hugs to those that feel they need or want them x

heysham

"Fornicate , procreate then die

Shit ! I've ticked off the first two

I'm stuck at the first one still. will probably get to numb three by skipping number two though right enough "

2 out of three ain't bad

Well i think i was given my crosses for a purpose, from my life experiences id like to think im in a position to help others not to have to suffer. I try and do my bit but im limited but i just want to help people turn their life around. People who can see no future, people having to cope with thibgs without family and friends, give someone a bit of self belief in themselves

"Well i think i was given my crosses for a purpose, from my life experiences id like to think im in a position to help others not to have to suffer. I try and do my bit but im limited but i just want to help people turn their life around. People who can see no future, people having to cope with thibgs without family and friends, give someone a bit of self belief in themselves"
done this all my life, but a word of warning, dont expect then to thank, appreciate or stick around for you afterwards. if you are seen as a rock, everyone assumes you are that 100% of the time, you have to be very disciplined with self care xx

Fertiliser

"Well i think i was given my crosses for a purpose, from my life experiences id like to think im in a position to help others not to have to suffer. I try and do my bit but im limited but i just want to help people turn their life around. People who can see no future, people having to cope with thibgs without family and friends, give someone a bit of self belief in themselvesdone this all my life, but a word of warning, dont expect then to thank, appreciate or stick around for you afterwards. if you are seen as a rock, everyone assumes you are that 100% of the time, you have to be very disciplined with self care xx"
ive never expected anyone to stay around its not some kind of commitment they are making to me.i like to see people fly

"I know this is a bit deep for me.

Why you are here.

Why you have suffered the traumas we all have. Do you think there is a reason where given our crosses to bear or do you think meh thats just life.

Im ina deep thinking mood"

Sometimes I think it all happens for a reason , and that each and every hurdle is a positive move towards the ultimate goal .

Other times , I think it doesn't really make a jot of difference , and that I'm just another grain of sand in an endless desert .

Depends on ones perception of oneself in the grand scheme of things I guess .

"Well i think i was given my crosses for a purpose, from my life experiences id like to think im in a position to help others not to have to suffer. I try and do my bit but im limited but i just want to help people turn their life around. People who can see no future, people having to cope with thibgs without family and friends, give someone a bit of self belief in themselvesdone this all my life, but a word of warning, dont expect then to thank, appreciate or stick around for you afterwards. if you are seen as a rock, everyone assumes you are that 100% of the time, you have to be very disciplined with self care xxive never expected anyone to stay around its not some kind of commitment they are making to me.i like to see people fly"
totally thats the up side, why you keep going...dont think there isnt a down side also, thats all im saying x

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

The purpose of life is death (life is meaningless without it).

And the point, as far as I can gather beyond a 'disseminate your genes' way, is to make a safe place for yourself and the people you love.

By *eesideMan  over a year ago

margate sumwear by the sea

Why you are here.

Cos of a ruff life I've asked my self that so meney times I've lost count. And for me the arnsar seems to be nuthing.

My vue is The point of life is to live life and enjoy it with Sumone.......

But wen your on your own with no one its hard to see the joys of living at times.

By *andsonjohnMan  over a year ago

in the eye of the storm

"Well i think i was given my crosses for a purpose, from my life experiences id like to think im in a position to help others not to have to suffer. I try and do my bit but im limited but i just want to help people turn their life around. People who can see no future, people having to cope with thibgs without family and friends, give someone a bit of self belief in themselves"

I have a protectorate and nurturing personally op .

I feel at my best when I'm being nice to others and will help anyone in need of help gladly but doing so does and can drain ones natural energy so I have learnt to be more selective in who I give to because as suzy has said if your perceived to be super strong some people will take and take leaving you emotionally and spiritually drained before they disappear out of your life with out so much as a thank you .

"Well i think i was given my crosses for a purpose, from my life experiences id like to think im in a position to help others not to have to suffer. I try and do my bit but im limited but i just want to help people turn their life around. People who can see no future, people having to cope with thibgs without family and friends, give someone a bit of self belief in themselvesdone this all my life, but a word of warning, dont expect then to thank, appreciate or stick around for you afterwards. if you are seen as a rock, everyone assumes you are that 100% of the time, you have to be very disciplined with self care xxive never expected anyone to stay around its not some kind of commitment they are making to me.i like to see people flytotally thats the up side, why you keep going...dont think there isnt a down side also, thats all im saying x"
thats why i cant do what i want in my area, im well known and everyone knows where i live, i wouldnt want people on my doorstep all times of day or night. I learnt my lesson with that one

To keep the rich and powerful, rich and powerful. Then die.

By *imetoexplore69Couple  over a year ago

Aberdeen

"This takes me back a couple of years to the first episode of Red vs Blue."

My purpose of life is to live it the best I can, raise my kids the best I can and achieve as much as I can. You never know what's around the corner, so don't hold grudges and don't waste time on people that don't want it or bring negativity to my life.

Am I believer in things happen for a reason? No, no I am not.

"Well i think i was given my crosses for a purpose, from my life experiences id like to think im in a position to help others not to have to suffer. I try and do my bit but im limited but i just want to help people turn their life around. People who can see no future, people having to cope with thibgs without family and friends, give someone a bit of self belief in themselves

I feel at my best when I'm being nice to others and will help anyone in need of help gladly but doing so does and can drain ones natural energy so I have learnt to be more selective in who I give to because as suzy has said if your perceived to be super strong some people will take and take leaving you emotionally and spiritually drained before they disappear out of your life with out so much as a thank you .

"

but why wouldnt they dissappear, i think you and suzy have crossed wires with what i mean. People dont expect clients to stay in touch once a transission has taken place.

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

I have often pondered this conundrum, along with why is the universe ever expanding, what should I have for dinner and what is going on with Donald trumps hair...

As to why we are here, what is our role in this life.. We have no more importance than the single cell life forms living in muddy puddles.. Yet without those being at the bottom, nothing else would exist..

The question is what can we bring to the party..

Individually, what do we contribute to others lives; that which defines us .

For me that is bringing happiness to others by helping, humour or just being there for them.

"Well i think i was given my crosses for a purpose, from my life experiences id like to think im in a position to help others not to have to suffer. I try and do my bit but im limited but i just want to help people turn their life around. People who can see no future, people having to cope with thibgs without family and friends, give someone a bit of self belief in themselvesdone this all my life, but a word of warning, dont expect then to thank, appreciate or stick around for you afterwards. if you are seen as a rock, everyone assumes you are that 100% of the time, you have to be very disciplined with self care xxive never expected anyone to stay around its not some kind of commitment they are making to me.i like to see people flytotally thats the up side, why you keep going...dont think there isnt a down side also, thats all im saying xthats why i cant do what i want in my area, im well known and everyone knows where i live, i wouldnt want people on my doorstep all times of day or night. I learnt my lesson with that one"
that's part of dedicating your lives to others, you are selfless, people see you are invisible as a self..its the nature of it..even when i ran centres, people in pain rang up at 8 in the evening, wanting to see you..then you fight the knowing you can help, with the i have a full day of other people tomorrow, also in pain..oh and i need to eat and i haven't hugged my family today..it becomes years and years of touching peoples lives, which is awesome, but its a vocational lifestyle and wherever you go, it will be the same x

"Well i think i was given my crosses for a purpose, from my life experiences id like to think im in a position to help others not to have to suffer. I try and do my bit but im limited but i just want to help people turn their life around. People who can see no future, people having to cope with thibgs without family and friends, give someone a bit of self belief in themselvesdone this all my life, but a word of warning, dont expect then to thank, appreciate or stick around for you afterwards. if you are seen as a rock, everyone assumes you are that 100% of the time, you have to be very disciplined with self care xxive never expected anyone to stay around its not some kind of commitment they are making to me.i like to see people flytotally thats the up side, why you keep going...dont think there isnt a down side also, thats all im saying xthats why i cant do what i want in my area, im well known and everyone knows where i live, i wouldnt want people on my doorstep all times of day or night. I learnt my lesson with that onethat's part of dedicating your lives to others, you are selfless, people see you are invisible as a self..its the nature of it..even when i ran centres, people in pain rang up at 8 in the evening, wanting to see you..then you fight the knowing you can help, with the i have a full day of other people tomorrow, also in pain..oh and i need to eat and i haven't hugged my family today..it becomes years and years of touching peoples lives, which is awesome, but its a vocational lifestyle and wherever you go, it will be the same x"
err, i was planning on putting my life experiences to good use not becoming mother theresa.

"Well i think i was given my crosses for a purpose, from my life experiences id like to think im in a position to help others not to have to suffer. I try and do my bit but im limited but i just want to help people turn their life around. People who can see no future, people having to cope with thibgs without family and friends, give someone a bit of self belief in themselves

but why wouldnt they dissappear, i think you and suzy have crossed wires with what i mean. People dont expect clients to stay in touch once a transition has taken place. "

if you see it as a transition for them thats cool, but they dont especially if you are very good at what you do..seeing them as clients and not people wont get the best results..but then i have had some truly amazing experiences and i guess i work a little differently to 'therapists' i wish you good luck. i dont want to get into more of what i do on here xx

I used to give actual credence to Aristotelian Eudaimonia as a sort of "life's purpose." Then I realized I didn't really believe that at all. I don't think there is really a single purpose. I think there are various teleological paths...so, our biological purpose is procreation, for example. But a general purpose of life? Nah.

"Well i think i was given my crosses for a purpose, from my life experiences id like to think im in a position to help others not to have to suffer. I try and do my bit but im limited but i just want to help people turn their life around. People who can see no future, people having to cope with thibgs without family and friends, give someone a bit of self belief in themselvesdone this all my life, but a word of warning, dont expect then to thank, appreciate or stick around for you afterwards. if you are seen as a rock, everyone assumes you are that 100% of the time, you have to be very disciplined with self care xxive never expected anyone to stay around its not some kind of commitment they are making to me.i like to see people flytotally thats the up side, why you keep going...dont think there isnt a down side also, thats all im saying xthats why i cant do what i want in my area, im well known and everyone knows where i live, i wouldnt want people on my doorstep all times of day or night. I learnt my lesson with that onethat's part of dedicating your lives to others, you are selfless, people see you are invisible as a self..its the nature of it..even when i ran centres, people in pain rang up at 8 in the evening, wanting to see you..then you fight the knowing you can help, with the i have a full day of other people tomorrow, also in pain..oh and i need to eat and i haven't hugged my family today..it becomes years and years of touching peoples lives, which is awesome, but its a vocational lifestyle and wherever you go, it will be the same xerr, i was planning on putting my life experiences to good use not becoming mother theresa.

"

then you are doing it for yourself..

I believe that the purpose (or meaning) of life is to live.... it is a simple concept but can be difficult to put into practice....

.... to give context:

"dance like no one is watching"

I find joy in the most simple of things; that joy is a nourishment for the soul that stops me going hungry; without the nourishment I feel hollow; empty... so the purpose of my life is to truly live... no more... no less

"I believe that the purpose (or meaning) of life is to live.... it is a simple concept but can be difficult to put into practice....

.... to give context:

"dance like no one is watching"

I find joy in the most simple of things; that joy is a nourishment for the soul that stops me going hungry; without the nourishment I feel hollow; empty... so the purpose of my life is to truly live... no more... no less"

In the scheme of life, the universe and everything we are mere specks of insignificance in a tiny minescule corner of the universe for a mere millisecond of time.

So I think I'm here due to biological processes.

I don't think there's a purpose as such other than to try and ensure the continuation of the species, but while I'm here I'll try and be the best I can. But I'm incredibly flawed so people will just need to make do with what I am

I tend to think its just a series of random events so dont waste too much time trying to seek out a meaning.

"Every bloody day for years....even more so recently it's a hard battle to face and conquer...I thought by now I would of been a mother, a partner to someone and it all just seems a bit lost...

Hope you are ok diamond x "

had a lovely wife...kids..family life and a nice little business...lost the lot and been lost five years now. My kids are truly bbeautiful...but lost...yep..despite my best eefforts..all the best to you..x

but why wouldnt they dissappear, i think you and suzy have crossed wires with what i mean. People dont expect clients to stay in touch once a transition has taken place. if you see it as a transition for them thats cool, but they dont especially if you are very good at what you do..seeing them as clients and not people wont get the best results..but then i have had some truly amazing experiences and i guess i work a little differently to 'therapists' i wish you good luck. i dont want to get into more of what i do on here xx"

oh ffs, if i give a homeless person a sleeping blanket and food i dont expect him to ask for my phone number to keep in touch. Your just talking about your experiences suzy and nit at what i want. Im not going to dedicate my life to other people, just to give them abit of self believe. Im leaving this thread now as again youve turned someone elses thread to be all about your experiences

in the eye of the storm

but why wouldnt they dissappear, i think you and suzy have crossed wires with what i mean. People dont expect clients to stay in touch once a transission has taken place. "

its not the disappearing that's the problem op after all my energy was given freely to help another and by the act of giving I was and am receiving and feeding my protectorate side .

but a simple thank you at the end because its a acknowledgement of my caring actions can and does in my case replenish all my natural caring energy that I have given freely .

that simple positive action of a thank you can in my case replenish my energy but when someone does not acknowledge what I've done for them it leaves me with a feeling did I help or not which is a negative energy thought,

the kind I try to avoid as life's to short .

I thank everyone for every small action they do for me as its a positive energy thought when you do lots of people in need of help are full of negative energy thoughts taking then thoughts on with your own positive energy is draining and a drain on your positive energy . a simple thank you helps the person who has helped you to replenish there positive energy levels for the next person in need of help .

You can find purpose and meaning anywhere and in anything. Like anything, I think it's individual.

For myself it's beauty. To see, feel and experience moments of beauty, I'm whatever form that may be. Even in the challenges and crosses we bare there is a beauty to it. That's how I find some purpose for myself anyway.

An additional thing, and something that is quite important to me. If at the end of my life, one person can say 'you made a difference to me. '

I'll be happy with that. I had purpose to someone.

but why wouldnt they dissappear, i think you and suzy have crossed wires with what i mean. People dont expect clients to stay in touch once a transition has taken place. if you see it as a transition for them thats cool, but they dont especially if you are very good at what you do..seeing them as clients and not people wont get the best results..but then i have had some truly amazing experiences and i guess i work a little differently to 'therapists' i wish you good luck. i dont want to get into more of what i do on here xxoh ffs, if i give a homeless person a sleeping blanket and food i dont expect him to ask for my phone number to keep in touch. Your just talking about your experiences suzy and nit at what i want. Im not going to dedicate my life to other people, just to give them abit of self believe. Im leaving this thread now as again youve turned someone elses thread to be all about your experiences"

so its not about those people then..their experiences, my experiences, i was just trying to be of assistance, giveing you yes, my life experience, who elses did you think i was going to give? this is what i mean, people spew at you, even when you are doing the most loving things for them..do what you please, you will anyway

If you expect a thank you from every person you help, you will be waiting for a long time...I help people everyday I don't expect them to keep in contact or even a thank you...

What I do sometimes expect to my own disadvantage is those who say they are not going anywhere or can't imagine life without me to stay...I've become so mistrusting now that everyone I meet I expect them to walk away.

your here to enjoy this wonderfull thing called life,with all it,s highs lows and dissapointments,but remember,it is a fantastic ride,so grab it and saddle up xx

"If you expect a thank you from every person you help, you will be waiting for a long time...I help people everyday I don't expect them to keep in contact or even a thank you...

What I do sometimes expect to my own disadvantage is those who say they are not going anywhere or can't imagine life without me to stay...I've become so mistrusting now that everyone I meet I expect them to walk away.

"

xx

As a teenager I used to think about the meaning of life a lot. Now I am far less philosophical about it and just do one day at a time. I've definitely relaxed about a lot of things as I've aged.

Sarah

"..I've become so mistrusting now that everyone I meet I expect them to walk away.

"

Can totally relate to that. I have known people for years and not told them stuff about my life, yet they've poured theirs out to me. The reason i haven't is because I've had to deal with it most of my life on my own and I don't want to tell people for them to eventually walk away.

I tried explaining this to someone fairly recently, saying the reason I don't open up much is because I dont know how long they're going to be there for.

By *3viantMan  over a year ago

charge

In the words of Mark Skinner, 'We came to this world with nothing, and we'll leave with nothing but love; everything else is just borrowed.'

As for a purpose? I like to think of purpose as a verb rather than a noun. If free will exists then your purpose is yours to choose. Cultivate your own intent

in the eye of the storm

"If you expect a thank you from every person you help, you will be waiting for a long time...I help people everyday I don't expect them to keep in contact or even a thank you...

"

interesting as I know everyone I meet and give of my energy to in this online world will one day walk away but I'm ok with that when it was a long term energy replenishing dynamic .

its the one offs I find drain me not the long term arrangements that end yes they leave me sad but the fond memories of great energy and happiness leave me uplifted in the end .

that's why I swim in this world I'm trying to make sure my old age will be filled with such memories for those last few years when I can no longer make new ones .

By *icassolifelikeMan  over a year ago

Luton

"..I've become so mistrusting now that everyone I meet I expect them to walk away.

Can totally relate to that. I have known people for years and not told them stuff about my life, yet they've poured theirs out to me. The reason i haven't is because I've had to deal with it most of my life on my own and I don't want to tell people for them to eventually walk away.

I tried explaining this to someone fairly recently, saying the reason I don't open up much is because I dont know how long they're going to be there for. "

I used to think like that. Now I think fuck it. You want to know me then you know my struggles. Sometimes it helps the other person to understand you better. Sometimes they walk away. I move on. Start the circle again.

interesting as I know everyone I meet and give of my energy to in this online world will one day walk away but I'm ok with that when it was a long term energy replenishing dynamic .

its the one offs I find drain me not the long term arrangements that end yes they leave me sad but the fond memories of great energy and happiness leave me uplifted in the end .

that's why I swim in this world I'm trying to make sure my old age will be filled with such memories for those last few years when I can no longer make new ones . "

I tried explaining this to someone fairly recently, saying the reason I don't open up much is because I dont know how long they're going to be there for. "

I had someone come into my life, I let my guard down completely was there for them emotionally and also I truely loved that person...I was then just thrown away like a bit of garbage it's almost like I was fixing them up for the person that they are with now...I pity the woman and hope that her fate is different to mine...

Sex drugs and rock and roll baby .i get plenty of drugs plenty rock and roll just short on sex atm

I tried explaining this to someone fairly recently, saying the reason I don't open up much is because I dont know how long they're going to be there for.

I had someone come into my life, I let my guard down completely was there for them emotionally and also I truely loved that person...I was then just thrown away like a bit of garbage it's almost like I was fixing them up for the person that they are with now...I pity the woman and hope that her fate is different to mine... "

that really is an awful way to treat someone. Trouble is being treated like that will only make you revert back to your old ways and your guard being even harder to come down. Mine very rarely comes down, if ever.

I had someone come into my life, I let my guard down completely was there for them emotionally and also I truely loved that person...I was then just thrown away like a bit of garbage it's almost like I was fixing them up for the person that they are with now...I pity the woman and hope that her fate is different to mine...

that really is an awful way to treat someone. Trouble is being treated like that will only make you revert back to your old ways and your guard being even harder to come down. Mine very rarely comes down, if ever. "

It's life I'll get over it at some stage

If I can make someone happier than they were when I met them. Then that's a bloody well spent day.

Hugs always help too x

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

To celebrate life, and to love.

Exploration before expiration. The only reason for our existence.

By *ightfall79Man  over a year ago

Dunbartonshire

I have laid in bed and asked myself thus question , What is my purpose in this life?. Two failed marriages and 5 kids from second marriage that I only get to see on weekends.

I know what my flaws are being emotionless and not allowing myself to get to close to someone , the 2nd part ruined my 2nd marriage which ended in her looking for someone else to fill that void.

My purpose in life to see how much shite I can take before I break I guess and be the best Dad I can be for my kids from the outside. Other than that I dont really know.

Probably a bit to deep of a reply.

Well if I could, my purpose in life would be to save the world and be able to stop my friends from saying "Everything is fucked up and we are all going to die".

But that's not going to happen, so my purpose in life is learning to handle the rough patches and ride out the inevitable rotten days, love my family and friends and just be good at what I'm good at.

I don't know. I've been in some situations where if I hadn't been there other people would've had a different kind of fate, major things like the time I walked into my friends house and her then boyfriend was on top of her strangling her to small things like the other day I was in style house a kind of fancy homeware shop (they have a cafe that's why I was there!) and this woman knocked over a vase that cost a few 100 quid and I caught it! She said to me lucky you were there, was that my purpose in life to catch that vase?

The time where I was walking home from school and a bull had escaped from the field and was running through the streets, I shit myself and started running went round a corner and saw a woman getting a baby out of a car and shouted at her to run in her house as I was running in her house also, like this random stranger, seconds later the bull had charged into the back of her mint green L reg suzuki vitara jeep and knocked it on it's side! Was that my purpose in life cos if I hadn't screamed at that woman to run with her baby she would've still been getting it out the car!

Everyone can say they have a purpose, ordinary people that rescue people from burning vehicles or houses just because they were in the right place at the right time. On the other side you have people that get terminal illnesses or babies and children that are abused and tortured, why did whoever decides what the fuck happens in our lives think that those people deserved their fate?

I just think, nothing, I can't think, this is too deep for me! It's just fate, which can be good or shit.

not sure if smiles is coming back? i'm a nihilist, might explain my answer.

i don't think we have a purpose. none of us do, although we get chances and have abilities that can help us choose a purpose if we so desire one.

your circumstances will dictate to you what you can do with your life to some extent. so although you have choices they're often within rails. as you've already found out OP. some of your circumstances are holding you back. can you change them so you live the life you want? do you want to?

if people are taking advantage of your good nature and you don't want that you have to be very clear, it's why i'm very blunt now, i'd rather i pissed off someone else for not respecting me than piss off myself and put up with things that i don't want to.

i think we suffer the things we do because of circumstances only. we weren't put here to suffer, or be happy, or to be anything, despite us wanting certain things we were never born to be entitled to them -although being humans with feelings we think we should, and i even think now we have the ability to end a lot of suffering we should do that.

but, we will become what we are based on how we interact with everything we come across. i don't think anything you suffered was so that you could help others get through their suffering, these things just happen. but if you want to pass on your knowledge or comfort others and feel that's what you want to do then you're within your right to do that. if people want the help you're offering then i don't see any reason why you shouldn't.

if it comforts you t think you were put here to do that then thinking that won't hurt either.

I really like you feir, I've told you this before haven't I but I think you're brill.

"I really like you feir, I've told you this before haven't I but I think you're brill. "

i am fucked up kind of brill but thanks.

I don't know, for the longest time I had this thought in my head 'what's the point in life as we all just die, what's the point in trying to be successful or the best mum in the world when we all just fall asleep and die'....as you can tell I was very depressed for a very long time!!

I don't know my purpose but I do know this, ads and I are like jigsaw pieces and we've been scattered so near and so far throughout our lives, we lived 50 miles apart yet we were so close for a number of years but didn't even know it, finally at the right time we slotted our pieces together and I don't have those dark thoughts anymore, not one since I've been with him, maybe I found my purpose

G x

Is there one? We just bumble thro some days are good n some days are utta shit. We get friends we lose em. We get family we lose em.

Life fuckin sucks

"not sure if smiles is coming back? i'm a nihilist, might explain my answer.

i don't think we have a purpose. none of us do, although we get chances and have abilities that can help us choose a purpose if we so desire one.

your circumstances will dictate to you what you can do with your life to some extent. so although you have choices they're often within rails. as you've already found out OP. some of your circumstances are holding you back. can you change them so you live the life you want? do you want to?

if people are taking advantage of your good nature and you don't want that you have to be very clear, it's why i'm very blunt now, i'd rather i pissed off someone else for not respecting me than piss off myself and put up with things that i don't want to.

i think we suffer the things we do because of circumstances only. we weren't put here to suffer, or be happy, or to be anything, despite us wanting certain things we were never born to be entitled to them -although being humans with feelings we think we should, and i even think now we have the ability to end a lot of suffering we should do that.

but, we will become what we are based on how we interact with everything we come across. i don't think anything you suffered was so that you could help others get through their suffering, these things just happen. but if you want to pass on your knowledge or comfort others and feel that's what you want to do then you're within your right to do that. if people want the help you're offering then i don't see any reason why you shouldn't.

if it comforts you t think you were put here to do that then thinking that won't hurt either."

i have come back. As some know i have a severe chronic mental illness and although i talk about it openly i rarely talk about how it affects me on a day to day basis. Sometimes whrn i post people dont have a clue whats going on in my life (and nor do i expect them too).

Sometimes i disagree with what you say on the forums and sometimes you get it spot on. That post was spot on. Glad i wasnt completly put off coming back to the thread

Why you are here.

To teach my kids how to function in this messed up world and also to fix people.....

We're on a little blue ball orbiting a nuclear fireball.In a spiral arm of the milkyway galaxy. One of a few trillion galaxies.Enjoy the ride you'll only get a few trips around the sun.Then your atoms will be recycled. You're star dust.

By *radleywigginsMan  over a year ago

northwest

Pretty much once you've accepted that life is ultimately pointless and futile you can read all the other replies in this forum and recognise them as the delusions that they actually.

'Living' and 'life' are concepts generated by beings such as ourselves that have been created as a result of random collisions between organic and inorganic molecules. All this came about essentially accidentally. If you try to find 'a point' in this chaos more fool you. The world keeps on turning.

No purpose. But I have a goal:

Make meaningful relationships and make a positive contribution where I can.

Why you are here.

As a kiddie, I always wondered why I was allowed to suffer when other kids seemed so happy.

As a teen I was angry at the world but I was resigned to the fact that some have to suffer in order for there to be a balance in the world.

Then at 16, I met Adam. He literally rescued me from myself and from the path I had been battling to get off.

My life has been amazing since!

We aren't rich, we have had some lows but all in all, I've been on a high for almost 10 years.

I can't help but feel that I have been so lucky in Love because I was unlucky in early life.

Then again, that could all be utter bullshit and shit happens lol. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. Either way, I'm thankful that I was saved.

Eve. Xx

"not sure if smiles is coming back? i'm a nihilist, might explain my answer.

if it comforts you t think you were put here to do that then thinking that won't hurt either.

i have come back. As some know i have a severe chronic mental illness and although i talk about it openly i rarely talk about how it affects me on a day to day basis. Sometimes whrn i post people dont have a clue whats going on in my life (and nor do i expect them too).

Sometimes i disagree with what you say on the forums and sometimes you get it spot on. That post was spot on. Glad i wasnt completly put off coming back to the thread"

if i leave a thread coz it's pissing me off i never go back to it. really don't have the inclination. i'm slighty avoidant personality too so that helps.

if that helped you i'm happy about that. i wasn't even intending to help, just sharing my thoughts on the subject, people can take them or leave them. they're my thoughts and only me has to be happy with them ultimately.

I think the meaning I have created, from a kind of 'red thread' connecting critical events, serendipitous meetings, fortuitous decisions and a couple of crisis like situations, has given me a sense of purpose in my life. My values, anchored during my early years, act as touch stones that guide my work both paid and voluntary. So yes I feel I have purpose.

"I have often pondered this conundrum, along with why is the universe ever expanding, what should I have for dinner and what is going on with Donald trumps hair...

As to why we are here, what is our role in this life.. We have no more importance than the single cell life forms living in muddy puddles.. Yet without those being at the bottom, nothing else would exist..

The question is what can we bring to the party..

Individually, what do we contribute to others lives; that which defines us .

For me that is bringing happiness to others by helping, humour or just being there for them.

"

The purpose of life is enjoying the passage of time , J.T

In no particular order: teach, inspire, perve.

to chew bubblegum and kick ass....and I'm all out of bubblegum

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

Found out today my purpose,

To be there for my daughter when she really needed me.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

There is no predefined purpose.. one defines ones own purpose xxx

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'm here because an egg got fertilised and carried full term. The purpose has been self-made as an adult and I don't see anything other than what O decide upon or circumstances provide.

It's exciting and a great adventure.

» Add a new message to this topic