FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Bad back!!!!

Bad back!!!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Morning all. I'm in need of cheering up a little. My bad back has returned again and my left leg doesn't feel like it belongs to me.

Sympathy is required

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Morning all. I'm in need of cheering up a little. My bad back has returned again and my left leg doesn't feel like it belongs to me.

Sympathy is required "

It's all psychological. The syndrome is called TMS and I suggest reading about Dr John Sarno. The pain will never come back and it's the better alternative to painkillers and chronic bouts of pain

By *icassolifelikeMan  over a year ago

Luton

I feel your pain buddy. Had a scrum collapse and I crushed my lower back. That was about 6 years ago now and as soon as it gets cold or rains on comes the pain!

I do a lot of core exercises now to help support it. It does work for me.

"Morning all. I'm in need of cheering up a little. My bad back has returned again and my left leg doesn't feel like it belongs to me.

Sympathy is required

It's all psychological. The syndrome is called TMS and I suggest reading about Dr John Sarno. The pain will never come back and it's the better alternative to painkillers and chronic bouts of pain"

Thanks Bear. I'll take it on board but it's most definitely not psychological. I have a major prolapse at L5S1. After 12 years and 2 operations it's still no better

"I feel your pain buddy. Had a scrum collapse and I crushed my lower back. That was about 6 years ago now and as soon as it gets cold or rains on comes the pain!

I do a lot of core exercises now to help support it. It does work for me. "

I suspect that this recent bout is weather related too

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Its the worst isnt it...i had a microdiscectomy last year... pain nowhere near as bad as it was but my right leg & foot are still numb after 2 years... which does make me stumble sometimes...always due to the wonky leg mind, never ever from too much grape juice!!

Swimming is a big help for me...hope the pain eases soon for you x

"Its the worst isnt it...i had a microdiscectomy last year... pain nowhere near as bad as it was but my right leg & foot are still numb after 2 years... which does make me stumble sometimes...always due to the wonky leg mind, never ever from too much grape juice!!

Swimming is a big help for me...hope the pain eases soon for you x"

I had two partial discectomy operations (2009 & 2014) on the same disc. Now it looks like it may need to be fused

Many thanks Moo xxx

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Sympathy is required "

You have mine, I get so cranky if I have back pain. Are you sure your mattress is right? I have to have just the right level of yield and support or I wake with pain. I hope you find a solution.

Sympathy is required

You have mine, I get so cranky if I have back pain. Are you sure your mattress is right? I have to have just the right level of yield and support or I wake with pain. I hope you find a solution. "

Many thanks Frisky. Support is all good the position I sleep in is sometimes problematic so I have a stand by pillow to put under my knees

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Sympathy is required

You have mine, I get so cranky if I have back pain. Are you sure your mattress is right? I have to have just the right level of yield and support or I wake with pain. I hope you find a solution.

Many thanks Frisky. Support is all good the position I sleep in is sometimes problematic so I have a stand by pillow to put under my knees "

I started waking in pain when my last memory foam mattress began to lose it's memory after a year.....I've just discovered a German latex topped one called 'Bruno' that seems to be more supportive than all the rest and have a better guarantee it will stay that way - so far so good one week in (though I have no serious pathology just a bit of lumbar compression)!

» Add a new message to this topic