FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > firefox 4 is crap

firefox 4 is crap

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *UNCHBOX OP   Man  over a year ago

folkestone

Is anyone else having problems with the latest firefox 4 version? I downloaded it last nite and it is running very very slow, and keeps freezing.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

Not much help to you - but I've not experienced any problems

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"Is anyone else having problems with the latest firefox 4 version? I downloaded it last nite and it is running very very slow, and keeps freezing."

The offer of the update keeps coming up on my PC, but I always wait until someone else tries it first!!!

By *UNCHBOX OP   Man  over a year ago

folkestone

"Is anyone else having problems with the latest firefox 4 version? I downloaded it last nite and it is running very very slow, and keeps freezing.

The offer of the update keeps coming up on my PC, but I always wait until someone else tries it first!!! "

If you have got xp on your computer, i wouldnt bother to install it. It makes your computer run so slow, and freezes for minutes on end. I had to uninstall the new version and reinstall the 3.6 version to be able to do anything online. Ive looked online and it seems a lot of people are having the same problem.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

it's ruining my perving.

what was wrong with the old one ?

dont they know us oldies are the best

try google chrome beats firefox hands down

Try downloading Lunascape 6. It's a very fast browser and on my laptop it loaded the BBC News homepage in 2 seconds flat.

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

I don't have any performance issues, but I don't like the new layout of it. Its confusing.

ok firefox 4 isnt really the problem here

ive used firefox 4 since it came out and had no problems at all along with millions of other users.the issu may be a plugin is slowign you down in firefox or its the plugin container that is slowing your machine.you can dissable the plugin container by googling stop plugin container firefox.the plugin container itself helps with if a flash object or webpage crashes the plugin trys to continue on with loadign the data on the page.heres a few steps id try 1st................

uninstall firefox through add remove programmes and delte any plugins you may of added to firefox like adblock or themes etc.

then reboot and go download firefox from mozilla and see how it runs. all the die hard chrome fantics claiming its the best browser haven't read bench mark reviews it may load a page slightly quicker on certain pages as it ahs a built in flash........but that doesnt make it a better broswer ive used firefox for years and would always choose it over the other broswers just because of certain plugins i use.i'm also not sayign firefox is the best either what im saying is its the best for me.if i only visited here and other flash based sites i may consider chrome but google records enough of our data as it is and i dotn wanna encourage them anymore than i need to.anyway try what ive suggested and get back with a reply ..............good luck

sorry for all the above typos^

i hope you can still follow what i was trying to say

» Add a new message to this topic