FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Nwe Zealand any tips

Nwe Zealand any tips

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *erendipitous OP   Man  over a year ago

w

Hi all fabbers

Well I'm heading to NZ next week got just over 3 weeks there looking for any ideas tips

Experiences not to be missed that sort of thing.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Try the jet boat rides, rapids jet and agrojet, both on the north island,

Whale watching at kaikoria

Yellow eyed penguins on the south island,

Don't bother with Kelly Tarleton's, artic experience in Auckland, or the glow fly caves.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Best advice I can think of is to do some research and planning well in advance.

w

"Best advice I can think of is to do some research and planning well in advance.

"

Yeah that's what I should of done I fly out in 5days and working at sea till then

"Best advice I can think of is to do some research and planning well in advance.

Yeah that's what I should of done I fly out in 5days and working at sea till then "

You have the Internet though (as you're posting on here ) Google is your friend!

Have a brill time, not got to NZ yet but I hope to soon! Enjoy!

By *obwithkiltMan  over a year ago

Belton

Parents loved place...they toured round in a camper van.. Bought them a fodors tour guide and it was their bible... And Google/trip advisor is your friend.. Enjoy!

w

Yeah that's what I should of done I fly out in 5days and working at sea till then

You have the Internet though (as you're posting on here ) Google is your friend!

Have a brill time, not got to NZ yet but I hope to soon! Enjoy!"

That's true but was just seeing if I could find any hidden gems from people.

Not the by the numbers top 10

What are you interested in doing or seeing there?

Been to both Islands twice love it

w

"What are you interested in doing or seeing there?

Been to both Islands twice love it "

Outdoors thinking mainly the south Island

if you dont have one buy a bloody good camera IMO

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS  over a year ago

London&Dublin

Outdoors thinking mainly the south Island "

Have you googled Milford Sound/Milford Trek.

Would love to do that one day. Lucky you.

w

Outdoors thinking mainly the south Island

Have you googled Milford Sound/Milford Trek.

Would love to do that one day. Lucky you."

Just did that's on the list look fantastic also got a good camera being as I take pictures for my living

By *nked_kittenWoman  over a year ago

Ankh Morpork

The glaciers at fox and frans Joseph are amazing, I took a helicopter up there and had a walk about

Also the volcanic mud is good in rotorua, there are some lovely spas to relax in as well

w

"The glaciers at fox and frans Joseph are amazing, I took a helicopter up there and had a walk about

Also the volcanic mud is good in rotorua, there are some lovely spas to relax in as well

"

Someone told me that and I could do with some more ice undermy belt as been asked to do MT blanc next year.

By *atasha_DavidCouple  over a year ago

Slough

Thermal baths at Hanmer Springs. Go in the evening, watch the sun go down as you chillax. Seem to rember the cafe and restaurant attached were very good.

White water rafting, helicopter up to the river head and fired out of a tunnel at the other end.

the food. Ingredients so fresh and local everything seemed to zing, even the currys

w

Thanks for all the tips everyone some good food for thought.

sky dive at lake taupo, milford sound, the glaciers, hot water beach(at night cos that's the nicest time to be bathing in it!!)coromandal, sand boarding on ninety mile beach,

things to avoid...sandflies!!! ouchie

oh and I nearly forgot lol queenstown!!!!! canyon swing, like it says-even your shit will be scared!!! and the nevis bungee, wow!!!

w

"oh and I nearly forgot lol queenstown!!!!! canyon swing, like it says-even your shit will be scared!!! and the nevis bungee, wow!!!"

I can't think which I will regret most most the bungee or shit swing

new Zealand is made for jumping off things, do it all!!!!!!

By *arold_n_maudeCouple  over a year ago

preston

Enjoyed North Island more. Auckland and surrounds (volcano, piha beach and the cricket!), Rotarura (Devil's Cauldron is run by Maoris so went there and v good), Napier brill - art deco and wine. Wellington great too, couldve spent longer there. Glow worm caves were good too.

South Island - didnt like Queenstown (Ambleside with legs), Milford Sound is a long schlep with not much at the end. Fox was great and Puzzleland in Wanaka (or Wanka) is a good giggle.

If youre campervanning dont get a sooty van (crap space and fuel ec though fun to wave at the others). We got a Sprinter for NI and it was a dream.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

See North and south islands as much as you can. Too many great bits to do in 3 weeks. Get out of Auckland, nice as it is!

The museum in wellington is well worth visiting

By *atasha_DavidCouple  over a year ago

Slough

If you decide to do Milford Sound, head out early and drive through the ancient forest at dawn to get there for the first boat before the coach parties and the F**king flies arrive. Place called mirror lake about half way there, early morning it is awe inspiring and nobody else around.

" F**king flies arrive. "

and as they are a native NZ species its against the law to kill them lol

oh lovely - never travelled that far but save as much as you can so you can do the most - be a shame to miss out on doing something cos you had a blast of a weekend here that can be done anytime - chance of a lifetime enjoy xxx

"oh lovely - never travelled that far but save as much as you can so you can do the most - be a shame to miss out on doing something cos you had a blast of a weekend here that can be done anytime - chance of a lifetime enjoy xxx"

oh next week - not much time to save haha

w

"oh lovely - never travelled that far but save as much as you can so you can do the most - be a shame to miss out on doing something cos you had a blast of a weekend here that can be done anytime - chance of a lifetime enjoy xxx

oh next week - not much time to save haha"

Nope no time at all I'm trapped at sea till Monday flights on Wednesday.

But I guess a toothbrush and some shorts is enough?

The main tourist attraction in New Zealand is the toothbrushe fence, although I'm not sure if it's finished

By *uzy444Woman  over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

ive been to north island.. if you can go to paihia in the bay of islands...if you want to go dolphin watching you used to be able to get a boat from here and if you didnt see any have a free trip the next day.. the pippin patch, was the hostel i stayed at.

Kerry kerry is more tropical and beautiful too. and if in auckland go to the cafe at the bottom of the 'city backpackers' that place is an awesome mix of people from all around the world...i had a blast in that place..

enjoy the people are friendly the places are gorgeous and you will be swamped by opportunity, just make sure you take a deep breath in and feel the magic of the place x

theres the most photographed public toilet in the world, not far from Auckland go for a drive along 80 mile beach, but dont tell the hire company lol

w

Well as its all over for this thread just saying thanks again for all the ideas and tips more than a few have gone into melting pot.

By *nked_kittenWoman  over a year ago

Ankh Morpork

"sky dive at lake taupo, milford sound, the glaciers, hot water beach(at night cos that's the nicest time to be bathing in it!!)coromandal, sand boarding on ninety mile beach,

things to avoid...sandflies!!! ouchie"

Sand flies...how can something that small hurt so much?!!!!

North Island - have a day in Auckland and then. get out as fast as you can and go see other places, Rotorua (although it stinks of eggs), Tongariro crossing is a good walk, Bay of Islands is lovely, take in some Maori culture, Wellington is ok for a night on your way south although I liked Nelson at the other end of the ferry ride and the gateway to the South Island, small but chilled.

South Island, West Coast is great, see the glaciers, get down to Queenstown for everything adrenalin, Milford sound for the long white clouds. Kaikoura on the East Coast, for boat trips to see dolphins etc.

It's been a long time since I was there but those were the best bits for me.

Research on here the swingers wanting to meet over there. Bugger the scenery get stuck into some of the people. Scenery you can always see on some bbc thing or watch Lord of the rings for New Zealand mountains.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I hired a car and drove myself from the top of the North Island down to the bottom on the South Island. I decided the main places I wanted to see and used those as targets to head for and then everything else was a bonus.

The drive down the South Island, through the Central Otago district meant I saw more wildlife, just along the side of the road, than I ever expected. I also saw Moraki, by chance, and fell in love with the beach and it's dinosaur football boulders.

Fox and Franz Joseph are worth seeing.

I didn't make it to the Fiordland National Park but if I ever go back it's where I'm going to go.

I spent most of my second visit exploring the Coromandel and that is breathtaking too.

It's a horribly long flight but once you're there it is so worth it.

"I hired a car and drove myself from the top of the North Island down to the bottom on the South Island. I decided the main places I wanted to see and used those as targets to head for and then everything else was a bonus.

"

Pretty much what I did too.

I can't really remember much of it now though.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"I hired a car and drove myself from the top of the North Island down to the bottom on the South Island. I decided the main places I wanted to see and used those as targets to head for and then everything else was a bonus.

Pretty much what I did too.

I can't really remember much of it now though. "

I can close my eyes and recall nearly all of it. Including getting to the edge of the rope bridge Arapuni swing bridge and experiencing vertigo for the first time in my life. I couldn't do it.

» Add a new message to this topic