FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Strange cooking?

Strange cooking?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *mokes n Mirrors OP   Couple  over a year ago

Plymouth and Newcastle (sometimes)

While getting tea out of the oven (baked potatoes) I also took out the tin of beans that had been warming through (lid cracked but not removed) and a friend who was here said "You're the strangest cook I've ever met". So I'm wondering if other people do the same if the oven's on and utilise the unused space if they're having something from a tin as well...Saves having to stand and watch/stir a saucepan and saves on washing up too

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Never done anything like that before but it makes sense I guess.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

lol never tried it, but it seems logical in a strange sort of way

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

Perfectly logical

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

My ex husband used to boil sausages, never in my entire life have i met another sausage boiler

Looks like it is just me...For now though as I'm sure some of you will try it now but boiling sausages? That's just bizarre

"Looks like it is just me...For now though as I'm sure some of you will try it now but boiling sausages? That's just bizarre "

Hot dogs are usually cooked that way and that all a sausage is.

"Looks like it is just me...For now though as I'm sure some of you will try it now but boiling sausages? That's just bizarre

Hot dogs are usually cooked that way and that all a sausage is."

A hot dog is already cooked so you're just reheating it...A sausage is raw and even if used in a casserole is usually fried initially to add some colour.

"Looks like it is just me...For now though as I'm sure some of you will try it now but boiling sausages? That's just bizarre

A hot dog is already cooked so you're just reheating it...A sausage is raw and even if used in a casserole is usually fried initially to add some colour."

Seem to remember Keith Floyd never used to when making casseroles/stews but I must agree I do colour them first.

"While getting tea out of the oven (baked potatoes) I also took out the tin of beans that had been warming through (lid cracked but not removed) and a friend who was here said "You're the strangest cook I've ever met". So I'm wondering if other people do the same if the oven's on and utilise the unused space if they're having something from a tin as well...Saves having to stand and watch/stir a saucepan and saves on washing up too "

Have bunged a egg in a kettle and had a brew and boiled egg too

When I was at collage in dorms I used to wrap bacon in tinfoil and sit the iron on it for a bit and boiled soup in the mini kettle I had (flat base inside without the twisty element thing) if I fancied soup and a bacon butty. if I couldn't be arsed going to the shared kitchen

I'd put toothpicks through thick sliced ham too and hang it in the toaster. last time I did that though was at home and for some reason put a toothpick in my pocket and when I sat to eat I stabbed myself in the bollock

I actually started a thread on that...

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

"I'd put toothpicks through thick sliced ham too and hang it in the toaster. last time I did that though was at home and for some reason put a toothpick in my pocket and when I sat to eat I stabbed myself in the bollock

I actually started a thread on that... "

Omg hahahaaaaaa

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

OP that's a brilliant idea

I only tend to do beans if I am making a brunch for guests and I decant the beans into an oven proof bowl to heat them in the oven.

Boiled sausages sounds like a French thing to me?

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

I got an email today with 'funnies' in it and one of the pics was of a filter coffee machine.

It had hot dogs in the coffee pot and rolls warming on top. The slogan was "A guy lives here"

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

A hot dog is already cooked so you're just reheating it...A sausage is raw and even if used in a casserole is usually fried initially to add some colour.

Seem to remember Keith Floyd never used to when making casseroles/stews but I must agree I do colour them first."

The Austrians are pretty big on boiled sausages..

Big white flaccid things...

Can make scrambled eggs in a kettle too, put it all in a oven bag, tie it up and boil in the kettle while boiling your water for your coffee.

"My ex husband used to boil sausages, never in my entire life have i met another sausage boiler"

Boiled sausages with onions in gravy.. stewed sausages its called here.. gotta be square sausages though for me

By *inkySlinkyCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

".A sausage is raw and even if used in a casserole is usually fried initially to add some colour."

I really enjoy a coloured sausage.

Sally

By *ettyboop61Woman  over a year ago

St Neots

"I'd put toothpicks through thick sliced ham too and hang it in the toaster. last time I did that though was at home and for some reason put a toothpick in my pocket and when I sat to eat I stabbed myself in the bollock

I actually started a thread on that... "

Hahaha real funny

By *rs DCouple  over a year ago

far

"While getting tea out of the oven (baked potatoes) I also took out the tin of beans that had been warming through (lid cracked but not removed) and a friend who was here said "You're the strangest cook I've ever met". So I'm wondering if other people do the same if the oven's on and utilise the unused space if they're having something from a tin as well...Saves having to stand and watch/stir a saucepan and saves on washing up too "
dont know, but bloodyhell ur pics are hot

» Add a new message to this topic